Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Delakar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:26 pm
well they are going slow but still going. they haven't died like the droid planet restoration team did. they have been at it for a long time and they say they are down to fixing like 6 to 10 more issues before they start getting beta testers were they will work out kinks and finally do a public release.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:27 pm
Hope so. I'd have liked to see more of HK's storyline.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Delakar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:55 pm
Cale Darksun
Hope so. I'd have liked to see more of HK's storyline.
Thats right I forgot they are adding the HK-47 droid factory!! i forgot about that. oh just to give a little warning to you if you watch the videos or read the blogs by Team Gizka there are a lot of spoilers of the fixed plot.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:16 am
The best Star Wars game EVER is Star Wars Lego Original Triology! It combines Star Wats and LEgo what more can you ask for?! It's amazing!  

x_Yoda

SandPig2k7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:11 am
x_Yoda
The best Star Wars game EVER is Star Wars Lego Original Triology! It combines Star Wats and LEgo what more can you ask for?! It's amazing!

It is a good game 3nodding
and I love the comdey init but... if you want to play a seriouse star wars game then its no where near as good and Kotor  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:11 pm
Lego Star Wars 2 - for the cell phone, puzzle game, 20 levels, I'll buy the real one when I have time. Basicaly A New Hope.
Yay! KotOR!  

LadyAlys

Celebrating Streaker

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:47 am
Hm.

This is probably old news by now, but I've been wanting to ask anyway. Would you folks say that Empire At War is a worthwhile purchase for PC?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:55 am
If you're into real time strategy, then yes. Especially if you really hate managing resources like gold, wood, stone, etcetera. Its all in one lump credit that constantly does the work for ye.

Although, the only complaint I have is retarded AI. They'll attack you only with fleets in the triple digits, adn are often easily defeated with a fleet of 20 and a decent base (if defense) or a fleet of 25...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:05 am
Ah, I see. I remember seeing it in a store some time back, and I was seriously considering getting it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:08 am
Its got a lot of wow-moments intially, but it kind of gets repetitive after a while. Just take mptls and speeders for the rebels everywhere you go and you'll prolly survive quite well. Piett and a couple Victorys can handle most space combat.

Essentially, just load up on artillery for most of the invasions and you'll do fine... Sadly... Heros are useful for any unit that can't die by overwhelming firepower...

The forces of corruption expansion makes it a little more diverse, though its still rebels v imperials mostly. The consortium rarely attacks me..  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:26 am
Hm, I see. Thus, after the initial "WOW!" moments, it tends to go into a repetitive grind, then?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:46 am
I've only played the original EaW, it's not all that great, IMHO. I like the space battles, although they're usually too easy. At least in skirmish. Ground battles in skirmish seem impossible to me. Although, I do like playing Galactic Conquest. Not too hard, but not too easy, either.  

Rodyn

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:54 am
The ground battles are truely what tests how effective of a commander ye be. 3v1 with two cpu allies and you still can be in deadlock.

Though you pretty much nailed the aspects. The one feature which is really nifty that they totally ruined is the "cinematic mode". While you can watch the game like it was a star wars movie, you usually dont' have time to sit back and watch and play at the same time. And if memory serves, you don't have a "save replay" button to help assist you...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:20 pm
Nelowulf
The ground battles are truely what tests how effective of a commander ye be. 3v1 with two cpu allies and you still can be in deadlock.

Though you pretty much nailed the aspects. The one feature which is really nifty that they totally ruined is the "cinematic mode". While you can watch the game like it was a star wars movie, you usually dont' have time to sit back and watch and play at the same time. And if memory serves, you don't have a "save replay" button to help assist you...

Yeah, the cinematic mode is cool. And if I have an assured victory I'll turn it on. Of course, whenever I think I have an assured victory, the match usually has about 2 minutes left until victory.

A "Save Replay" button would be cool. Turn it on during a fight, it records, then when the battle is done, click it again to stop it. But, alas, such an attractive feature does not exist.  

Rodyn

An5btin

Rich Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:50 pm
I'll be on Star Wars Galaxies every once in awhile.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games