Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 pm
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier was trying to contain his excitement. He laughed with Ross's enthusiasm. The boat trip was a blast despite the jarrett guy being a square. He was super surprised when they got to the school. IT WAS A FREAKING CASTLE! Sure he had known he was going to go to a cool magic school bit did he think it was in a super old castle? Definitely not. When entering the Great Hall, Xavier was in awe. The ceiling looked like the sky! But it was still a ceiling too! And floating candles that didn't drip hot burning wax! So much awesome! He almost didn't stop when the group did and nearly bumped into the kid in front of him. Xavier looked ahead by being on his tippy toes and spied a very old hat. Wow it looked super old! Was it as old as the castle? Xavier watched as the first name was called. Oh wow the hat talked! Oh that's what Ross meant when they talked about how they got sorted. How did the hat know? He pondered to himself till he jumped a bit when he heard his name called. ”Xavier Talbot” Oh! That was him. He squeezed through the remaining crowd lightly tripping on someones robe as he made his way to the stool. Did he just wait? Would this hurt? Why was the hat too big but was used to sort kids? Can he go eat now? No matter the answers Xavier was excited.

RECKLESS Xavier is not one to slow down cause it dangerous. He jumps headlong in to pretty much everything he does. If he fails he just dusts himself and tries again. Sometimes literally.

UNCOORDINATED Xavier, even before the accident, has had two left feet all his life. He is always near falling, tripping up stairs, or catching balls with his face. It causes him to get annoyed and sometimes sad when it happens as its a pet peeve of his. He just can't help it!

SARCASTIC Xavier will sometimes sound cynical and use self deprecating humor but he is truly just joking. It funnier to him when people take it seriously. He loves jokes and pranks even if their on him.

HAPPY Xavier is usually in a good mood. Not a lot brings him down. He tends to laugh off stressful situations. If he is ever sad it not for long.

WELL-MANNERED Xavier is polite and prefers to eat proper. He does his best to say please and thank you. He prefers to be tidy in dress even if he's not dressing fancy at the time. He doesn't mind getting dirty as long as he can clean up after

HEADSTRONG Xavier is pretty set on how he feels and stands by his decisions. Only a well argued point can possibly cause him to consider. He will stick with his plan even if its a bad one as he dislikes admitting he was wrong.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                              And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                              And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                              'Cause I've been going crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Everyone?
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I just wanna go home

Lee was genuinely surprised he'd made it both on and off the boats without falling in the lake. That would have just made his whole night even worse. Not that it wasn't already terrible, but he knew it could certainly get worse. Particularly based on sorting. There were only two houses he'd even accept, and even then, it was iffy. He knew for a fact if he got Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, he'd pack up his trunk and just go the hell home, though. He waited in line beside Kendall while the funky hat sang, then as the names grew ever closer to his. She was lucky, going as one toward the end, where he was far closer to the beginning. After what seemed like mere seconds, his name was called. Oh god, it was time. He cast a nervous look over to Kendall, but walked toward the front. It would only take a few seconds, but with all eyes on him, it already seemed like a lifetime. Once past all the students, he wanted to turn back, but it was too late. He walked over, but being himself, tripped on his own two feet. He yelped as he fell, but luckily managed to catch himself before he broke his nose on the stone floor. He pushed himself up and hastily walked over, biting his lip hard in the hopes of not crying in front of literally hundreds of people. "Please just put me in Slytherin or Ravenclaw and get this over with. I just want to get done with this whole ******** mess."

xxxxxLᴏɢɪᴄᴀʟ: To those that don't know Lee's thought process, he might seem cold and calculating. In fact, he just has specific ways to think about things, and usually it involves breaking things down to the numbers and working it. He excels at mathematics for this reason, and his process is almost always fast and precise... when he doesn't get distracted, that is.
                                                      xxxxxFᴏʀɢᴇᴛꜰᴜʟ: Lee has a terrible memory, and often forgets things like where he is going, where he left something, or if he's eaten that particular day. He finds it as a blessing, because it enables him to read books time and again without quite remembering the ending.
                                                      xxxxxSʜʏ: Lee is rather quiet, and will never speak up on his own behalf. He often has to wait for people to notice him, as he will never be the one to instigate a conversation. When he does talk, he's often tripping over his own words or losing track of what he's trying to say.
                                                      xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Lee is very smart, including that he's ahead of his grade on reading, writing, and maths. There's almost no problem he can't figure out if he thinks about it (and doesn't forget what he's doing).
                                                      xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs: Lee is often on the hunt for knowledge, as he loves learning new things. He won't usually ask questions, but he will try to solve them himself. This can occasionally end poorly when paired with his clumsiness and lack of ability to ask for help.
                                                      xxxxxIɴᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅᴇɴᴛ: As soon as he wasn't required to be cared for, Lee's parents made him more or less figure out the world on his own. This included self-soothing and entertaining himself, so he's become quite self-reliant. When paired with his shyness, he often attempts to make it through the days without getting help from anyone, even if he's not sure how to do something alone.

I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰᴀʀ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴇᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs sᴀʏɪɴɢ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ɪꜰ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Dᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴍᴀʏ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ I'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
Aɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ, ɴᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴅᴇꜰᴇᴀᴛ
Iᴛ's ᴀɴ ᴜᴘʜɪʟʟ sʟᴏᴘᴇ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏsᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ! Fᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪs ᴍᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜɪs ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 pm
User Image
Christopher "Chris" Avery
Unsorted First Year
Pureblood Adventurer
Older Brother

Location : Great Hall (2043 Sorting Feast)

Chris has traveled by boat all the way to the castle. He tired his best to contain himself while on the boat. He practically bounced up the steps to the great hall where they waited to be brought in. Standing at the front of the hall, Chris wondered if he’d be right about his placement. He was hardly like his father. He was definitely more like his mum or his Aunt Mira. Not that he saw himself going to Slytherin. Gryffindor was more his speed.

“Christopher Avery,”

Chris had never been so happy that his name was at the beginning of the alphabet. Though he would also admit that it was slightly terrifying to go first. Rushing over to the stool, he sat down and waited for the hat to be placed on his head. “Hello Mr. Sorting Hat.” He greeted it. He couldn’t believe he was talking to a magic hat. How cool was that? “Where you going to place me? I've been wondering that all day. My bets Gryffindor.” He said with a smile. He was so excited.

Status : Excited... Slightly Terrified to be going first
                                                          Company : Everyone! The sorting hat.

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

■ CURIOUS I’ve always been a curious sort. I like trying to figure things out, preferably in the hands on sort of way. I am not much of a reader as you can imagine. Anyways, I can’t stay out of anything. There is just so much to get into and explore. How else am I supposed to learn? Honestly, I’m probably too curious for my own good.
                                                          ■ ADVENTUROUS I like going on my own adventures. My parents and Nori didn’t exactly like that about me when I was younger. I’ve always liked to run and climb, especially climbing. If there’s a tree I’m going to climb it just because it’s fun and you can see everything from up high. As I’ve gotten older I’ll go off on my own and explore new places, some probably aren’t the safest. I was never much for paying attention to my surroundings.
                                                          ■ ACTIVE I’m an active energetic kid, I like to play sports and have fun. I hate sitting still especially when you aren’t learning anything interesting or fun. Sitting in a classroom listening to boring lectures completely sucks. My favourite thing is flying! Aunt Mira taught me everything I know, and I plan on playing while I’m in school.
                                                          ■ NOISY Sneaking around is not my strong suit. I liked making really loud noises as a youngster. Preferring to use my outdoor voice even if I was indoors. I can be rather exuberant. I’m loud and I love music (particularly the drums). Being quiet isn’t something I’m best at. I try but I just can’t contain my excitement for things.
                                                          ■ FEARLESS With my curiosity and love for adventure I have no sense of danger and have very little fear for near death experiences. Anything that equals fun is totally worth it. I’ll brave anything if I’m curious enough. When I was young it was the dog across the street, or that tree that looked like it needed to be climbed. Today it would be playing Quidditch without telling my father, or walking head long into the forbidden forest. I’m a hundred percent all in. Don’t get me wrong I’m terrified of the dark but who wouldn’t want to go into a creepy forest just because it’s against school rules.
                                                          ■ RESILIENT If I do get hurt or fall down on my adventures I always get back up and try again. I tend not to worry about scraps. I’m also not afraid of failure. I’ll try anything at least once and if I fail at it I’ll try again until I get it right. If I get stuck I don’t give up on trying to figure it out. I might get frustrated at times but that isn’t going to stop me. Nop, not a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 pm
See I ain’t never been the one to toot my own horn, beep, beep
Now watch me put her on
I set fire everywhere I play,
make them all go insane, L.A to UK
Now I'mma burn it up, when I step on the scene

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Ƥяєρυвєѕcєηт Mєηαcє Ɗαηcєя

☙❧Lia looked around the hall trying not to let her jaw drop from everything. She had known from all her cousins that the hall was big and that the ceiling was magical but it was still
                                                bigger and better than she imagined. She walked in the line behind Brennie and the rest of the first years ready to finally get the sorting out of the way. The actual sorting she wasn't too concerned with; she had family in pretty much every one so it wasn't like she'd be shunned if she somehow didn't get into the right one, she was more interested in finally getting to eat once this whole ordeal was over. Finally it seemed her name was called and she happily walked over to the stool and waited for the hat to fall over her.

◊ PERSONABLE Lia's good with talking to people or helping someone feel happy when they're not. She has no problem walking up to people and talking to them, especially those who look a bit down.
      ◊ PROTECTIVE Once she makes a friend or close companion, she strives to keep them happy and healthy within her power.
      ◊ DECISIVE She knows what she's going to do and she tends to keep on track to doing it. It's not to say she doesn't sometimes get sidetracked, but she always comes back to her goals.
      ◊ PRACTICAL Lia likes planning because then even if something goes wrong she doesn't have to worry because she planned for it. This was especially good for dance season.
      ◊ SKEPTICAL Just because she's good at talking to people doesn't mean Lia would trust them right off the back.Or trust exactly what they say. Or anyone for that matter.
      ◊ CHEEKY Sarcasm is not a lost art in Lia's home and she's definitely picked it up. Her's just tends to lay more on the amusing side than actual tongue-and-cheek at the moment.

My whole crew is fresh, and they rollin' with me
You can turn me up yep to the extreme
I'mma rock the World til they follow with me
I’m the fireball at the party
I’m the fire

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ѕσмєωнєяє ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ нαтє
                                                          тнєяє'ѕ α ℓιgнт αнєα∂ тнαт ѕнιиєѕ ιитσ тнιѕ gяανє
                                                          тнαт'ѕ ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ ραιи

spaceWhen Mallaidh heard her name called, she straightened her shoulders, spine stiffening as she walked towards the little three-legged stool. Standing here, in this incredible, massive room, with all these people around her, looking at her, was making her feel very small. But, she refused to let anyone know that she was affected by it. Eyes hard, she climbed onto the stool as gracefully as an eleven year old could manage, staring straight ahead. She tried not to let her surprise show that it could talk; she'd seen it singing right before her eyes, of course, but hearing it directly in hear own ear was another matter altogether. She didn't know much about magic, or Hogwarts, or the houses, so she didn't figure it mattered much where she went. She wasn't planning on letting it make much difference in how she went about her schooling, so what did it matter? She was here to learn to control her magic, that was it. Sure, she was interested in magic, and in all the new things she could learn, but what dorm she slept in at night wouldn't make much difference. Except, perhaps, in regards to proximity to her lessons and the library. The castle was rather large.

ι αм иσт αfяαι∂, ι ωσи'т вυяи συт ιи тнιѕ ρℓα¢є
                                                          му ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ fα∂є αи∂ ι ωιℓℓ, ι ωιℓℓ
                                                          ιи тнιѕ нσυѕє σи α нιℓℓ тнє ∂єα∂ αяє ℓινιиg ѕтιℓℓ
                                                          тнєιя ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ кιℓℓ αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ
                                                          кєєρ уσυя ¢нιℓ∂яєи ѕαfє ιиѕι∂є, συт σf ρσ¢кєт, συт σf мιи∂
                                                          υитιℓ тнєу ∂яιик тнє ωιиє αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                          wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2043
                                                          wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

COLD
                                                          xxx»» Mallaidh isn't one to wear her emotions on her sleeve, quite the opposite, in fact. She dislikes dramatic expressions of people's feelings, and especially hates it when she shows them herself. She tries to keep her thoughts and feelings to herself, not thinking that they're anybody else's business. She is uncomfortable with people who are very emotional. She comes across as being quite distant, and even robotic, at times.

IMPATIENT
                                                          xxx»» She doesn't like to spend a lot of time waiting on things. She is very much a doer, preferring to improvise in the act over settling down and thinking things through. Waiting, she thinks, is a waste of valuable time, which could be better utilized. If she is in a situation where she has to draw up a plan, she will usually draw up the simplest version she can, to take up as little time as possible, and leave a lot of wiggle room to figure it out as she goes.

ADAPTABLE
                                                          xxx»» Lucky for her, Mallaidh is very quick on her feet. She reacts quickly to stimuli and is excellent at improvisation. Her mind moves quickly through her options so that she can try and figure out the outcomes to each choice. Years of focusing on puzzles and puzzle games has trained her mind to read the room quickly and figure out what can and should be done.

QUIET
                                                          xxx»» Mallaidh doesn't talk much, preferring to keep to herself. She usually leaves the socializing to her brother, who is much more personable, and mostly makes friends through him. She usually thinks things through and decides whether or not her contributions to a conversation are necessary; if not, she tends to keep them to herself. She's not usually one to start a conversation, quite liking to sit in silence and often forgetting that others might find it uncomfortable.

OBLIVIOUS
                                                          xxx»» That's not the only thing Mallaidh forgets, at least when it comes to people. As observant as she is when she's working on solving a puzzle, she seems to miss a lot of rather obvious cues, especially those of the social variety. She's often so busy inspecting details, she misses the big picture. She often misreads people, or focuses in on the wrong thing and says exactly the wrong thing in response.

CURIOUS
                                                          xxx»» Mallaidh doesn't like being idle, preferring to fill her time with something to enrich her mind. She likes puzzles and stories, and generally will find a creative way to use her time if left to her own devices. She loves to read and to explore, carrying a journal around with her pretty much everywhere to make note of anything that catches her eye. She usually fills one of these notebooks a week, and her father has taken to buying them in bulk for simplicity's sake.

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
It can make every difference...
Fame and glory? Or love and kindness?
Your house could be all that stands in the way
Yes, I think I know just what to do with you...

SLYTHERIN!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts!!!
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? So many people!
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting sorted!!!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? WHOOOO!!!!

Brennie was stoked. It was finally time to get sorted! He'd been waiting eleven years, five months, and 28 days for this exact moment. Lia was standing just behind him, so he kept glancing at her, his bright smile plastered on his face the entire time. It took forever, but Lia was called up, which meant he couldn't be too far behind. He hoped they were in the same house, but he was certain either way they'd still be best friends forever. Finally, his name rang out in the hall. He practically sprinted to the front, carefully avoiding running into people as he did so. He plopped onto the stool, his wild grin never wavering. "Alright, Mr. Hat, let's do this! I'm so excited, so please put me somewhere fun. Maybe with my friend, Lia! You're the hat, though, so wherever is very best, please!"

xxxxxSᴏғᴛ-Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ: Brendan is a very quiet soul, and he's a bit of a pushover when it comes to other people. He's not ever the voice to be heard in a crowd, nor is he the one to correct anyone else out loud.
xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Just because he won't verbally correct others doesn't mean he won't think them incorrect. Brendan is smart and knows his right from wrong... even if he still makes some childish mistakes.
xxxxxHᴇʟᴘғᴜʟ: Brendan does small little things in order to help everyone around. Sometimes he'll go out of his way if he can help someone else, though his quiet self makes the little gestures often go unnoticed.
xxxxxTʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛғᴜʟ: Brendan is always thinking of others ahead of himself, which allows people with ill intentions to walk all over him. But as he's trusting, he will almost always get up and try again, with hopes of making someone else happy.
xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ: Though Brendan isn't talkative, he's dead loyal to those he truly cares about. Unfortunately, it's rather tricky to get close enough to him to earn his utmost loyalty.
xxxxxAɪʀʏ: Brendan almost always has his head in the clouds. He's always dreaming about something or another, mostly because he doesn't really have anyone in particular to share his dreamy thoughts with.

I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ, sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇss
Sᴏ I sɪᴛ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ, ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴇʟʏ. I ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ
I ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. I sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ. Gᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ. I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
Lᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser Image

ιғ ιт were any colder ι coυld dιѕengage
                                                  ιғ ι were any older ι coυld acт мy age
                                                  вυт ι don'т тнιnĸ тнaт yoυ'd вelιeve мe
                                                  ιт'ѕ noт тнe way ι'м мeanт тo вe
                                                  ιт'ѕ jυѕт тнe way тнe operaтιon мade мe

spaceKendall was practically vibrating by the time they finally got to her name. She was, once again, grateful to be a Saunders, though, since being a bloody Wakefield would've made the wait even worse. Still, though, having an S name was pretty bad. So much so that, when she heard her name, she shot off like a lightning bolt, anxiety and adrenaline causing her to almost fall twice on her way to the stool. Teeth gritted, she climbed herself up onto it, fists clenched in her lap. 'Alright, hat,' she thought. 'Hurry on up and get this over with. I'm probably a Gryffindor. Just put me in Gryffindor. Or don't, whatever, but that's probably where you should put me.' It wasn't that Kendall thought she knew better than the hat, per se. It was just that, she knew herself pretty well, and she thought she understood how these houses worked based on the people in her family, since they were all over the place. She was pretty similar to Cyd, so she should probably be in the same house as Cyd. Right? Right. That made sense. To her, anyway.

ι aм noт ѕo ѕerιoυѕ, тнιѕ paѕѕιon ιѕ a plagιarιѕм
                                                  ι мιgнт joιn yoυr cenтυry вυт only on a rare occaѕιon
                                                  ι waѕ тaĸen oυт вeғore тнe laвor paιnѕ ѕeт ιn and now
                                                  вeнold тнe world'ѕ worѕт accιdenт, ι aм тнe gιrl anacнronιѕм

wнere - Head of The Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2043
                                                  wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

HEADSTRONG
                                                  xxx»» Kendall has an extremely thick head, a trait her English relatives tend to attribute to her Scottish side, which her Scottish side insists is utter nonsense. It's often hard to reason with her, and she tends to see things very black and white. Talking to her when you disagree is like talking to a brick wall. It's very hard to get her to change her mind once it's set on something. She doesn't like change, nor does she like being questioned, or questioning. She likes to get her way in things and tends to become incredibly annoyed when she doesn't.

INSECURE
                                                  xxx»» Kendall struggles a lot with her self esteem. She's very uncomfortable in her own skin, and it doesn't take a lot to make her feel inadequate. She feels like something is wrong with her, but she can't quite figure out what it is. She generally attributes it to being part of such a large family, often feeling like a speck of dust among her relatives, especially the older ones who seem to have everything work out for them. She feels an enormous amount of pressure to live up to some kind of expectation, though she couldn't even tell you what that expectation is.

MESSY
                                                  xxx»» Kendall is not the most organized of people. Her bedroom is probably best described as 'chaotic', though she insists that it's an organized chaos because she knows where everything is. How, then, she frequently fails to locate the things she needs, remains to be seen. Her mental state manifests itself through her inability to pick up after herself or keep anything straight. She's very forgetful, and has a bit of a tendency to horde.

COMPETITIVE
                                                  xxx»» More than anything, Kendall likes to win. Be it a debate or a game, she will always take it entirely too seriously in her efforts to come out on top. She doesn't take losing very well, and will often refuse to accept defeat. More often, she'll insist on a rematch if possible, and spend as much time as she can attempting to improve herself so that she can win the second round. She's often prone to making a competition out of the most mundane of things, just to gain the smug satisfaction of a victory.

ADVENTUROUS
                                                  xxx»» Kendall has a very active imagination and a very curious nature. She likes to explore and learn new things about just about any and everything. She's never one to sit still for long, preferring to go out into the world and see what she can find. She's always interested in trying new things, at least once. New experiences are always frightening, but she takes pride in her ability to face them head-on. While her mood when things go sour or when she finds herself unprepared for the results isn't the prettiest thing, she doesn't let that stop her or hamper her curiosity.

RECKLESS
                                                  xxx»» Kendall is something of a risk-taker. She rarely thinks things through to their consequences, and doesn't worry overmuch about her own well-being. Her self-esteem being what it is, she often reasons that it wouldn't be the end of the world if something should happen to her. Plus, she reasons that she's gotten lucky enough so far (though with the many broken bones she's acquired, her family might say differently), so she's probably going to be alright in the end.

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
My, my, anxious are we?
Certainly seem to know yourself well,
Better even, than your own body does....
Better be...

GRYFFINDOR!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:43 pm
User Image
                                                Song Lyrics here
                                                User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ || ƤƲƦЄƁԼƠƠƊ || ƲƝƧƠƦƬЄƊ

════════════════════════

Lillith stepped up to the Sorting hat, nervous. Chance had gotten Hufflepuff, and Kory had been in Gryffindor. Which house did she belong in? She felt a lot more in common with some of her more intellectual relatives, but most of them were Slytherins. Was that where she was going to end up? She didn't want to become another McHalen that went crazy, and she nervously twisted her robes as she sat down, already chanting in her head, Not Slytherin, not Slytherin...

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ FRIENDLY Lillith is quite friendly and personable when she wants to be. She always is willing to help a friend and has no problem with being there when people need her to be. She doesn't like getting an attitude since to her, attitudes don't solve anything.
                                                    ◊ QUIET Lillith is also quiet, as she doesn't like getting loud and prefers her own solitude sometimes. She doesn't appreciate people being loud or rowdy around her either, as she thinks that it just makes more trouble for her. She'd rather sit and read a book than go out and about.
                                                    ◊ INTELLIGENT Perhaps because of her bookish nature, she is quite intelligent. She loves learning more than anything, and absorbs information set before her like a sponge. She quite enjoys intellectual challenges as a result.
                                                    ◊ OPINIONATED While she is quiet, she does have opinions, and can state them openly if she finds herself in need to. She doesn't have a problem with speaking her mind, she just is more judicious about when and where she chooses to voice them.
                                                    ◊ CALM Lillith is perhaps the calmer of the Whitethorne twins, preferring to read a situation before she reacts. She is also harder to annoy or antagonize as she lets a lot of things slide off her back. She does have a temper, but it really hard to get her to the point where she'd blow her top.
                                                    ◊ CREATIVE Above all, Lillith observes the world in an abstract way. She likes to imagine all kinds of things, worlds, and ideas, and tries to figure out how to implement them in real life or on paper. She loves writing, and this is primarily where her creative side shines.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I don't want to be a Slytherin...
                                            OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 pm
User Image

CAI BLODWEN ____________
Unsorted, First Year _____._____
════════════════════════
_______

Cai stood with his hands deep in his pockets, half-lidded eyes gazed out into the crowd. Hundreds of students must have been gathered along the four tables, and all eyes were on them. Cai might have been worried if he bothered enough to care. As it were, he was sighing every other minute, rocking back and forth on the balls of heels while he waited. His name was one of the first to be called.

He squeezed his tiny frame through the crowd and popped to the forefront. Cai sat lazily on the stool, hunched over and bored. If the hat was looking for any mental thoughts, it would find none. Just the same three lines of a random song that had been stuck in the back of his head for the past three weeks now.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Fall 2043
WHERE:: Great Hall
WITH WHO:: Sorting Hat

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[Personality]

■ CONFIDENT; With an optimistic outlook on life, Cai is generally trusting of others and very talkative to anyone willing to listen. He doesn't mind getting out of his comfort zone and he doesn't mind trying and failing (what he does mind is finding the effort itself to just try.)
■ LOYAL; Cai can be too trusting, to a fault, to the people in his life that are close to him. He's quick to forgive and make excuses for the members in his family, usually in benefit for his middle sister. He would do anything for his family.
■ FOOLISH; Being so young, Cai is quite naive. He's neglectful with his studies and rather chooses ignorance over education, making him (even for his age) unintelligent and immature. He would rather have fun than be serious and hardworking.
■ LAZY; If it doesn't catch his attention, then he doesn't care. He procrastinates with everything, he's messy, disorganized and would much rather play than work. (And he's not afraid to make this known to his parents and tutors.)
■ IMAGINATIVE; Cai is a child of daydreams and imaginary friends. He invents his own games and spends much of his time trying to drag his sisters to join the fun. He's creative, and he enjoys the 'shiny' aspect of his father's job that he rarely gets to see (the actual metalcharming and gem enchantment.).
■ PLAYFUL; Lighthearted and silly, he enjoys teasing his sisters and trying to prank them. It can often lead to reckless destruction, but mostly just a lot of shouting when his oldest sister gets tired of dealing with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm
User Image
                                                Song Lyrics here
                                                User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Bethany knew she was going before her cousins, and flashed them both a grin as she sat down to be sorted. Her family was all over the place, and she knew that she'd likely go into whichever house one of her relatives went to. She just wasn't sure which. Sure, her mother was a Slytherin, but her uncle was a Hufflepuff, one was a Slytherin as well, and then there was Uncle Luke that swore he wasn't a Gryffindor (but probably really was). Sighing, she just waited, hoping it wouldn't take too long.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ CUNNING Bethany is quite cunning, able to use her intelligence to gain an advantage in most situations. She looks at situations from all angles and figures out which she could use to her benefit, often times without much effort. She'd rather come out on top if she could help it.
                                                    ◊ FRIENDLY Bethany is rather friendly, often looking for and making new friends easily. She's very outgoing and gregarious, and works hard to keep the friends she has made. She doesn't see the point of being rude or condescending if she can help it.
                                                    ◊ SARCASTIC Ironically, Bethany is quite sarcastic when she wants to be. She can snap off comebacks and deadpan better than anyone she knows aside from her mother, and usually only uses it when someone has really annoyed her.
                                                    ◊ OPEN-MINDED Bethany has no problems with anyone, and tries to keep a broad outlook on people and situations as she comes across them. She doesn't see the reason for prejudice, and refuses to let it stand when she comes across it. She would rather accept people for who they are, rather than what they are.
                                                    ◊ ENERGETIC Bethany is quite energetic, ready to go from one situation to the next with an abandon that sometimes terrifies her mother. She can move from one task to another without losing momentum, and often has no issues with being active.
                                                    ◊ MISCHIEVOUS While Bethany is friendly and all, she also tends to be a stinker, often using her snark or deadpan to make quips about a situation. She also has no problem with playing the prankster, sometimes getting her into trouble with her parents as she loves making small amounts of trouble to break up the monotony of life.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So, which house is for me?
                                            OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ________
RODRICK.ROSS _____
Unsorted, First Year ____
════════════════════
__

Rodrick was a bouncy ball. He couldn't sit still. He was either bouncing on the tips of his toes or hovering left and right over different kids' shoulders' to try and get a better view of the sorting hat. One by one, names were called, bodies stepped forth, and a house was shouted from the hat. It didn't matter who was sorted where, Rodrick insisted on clapping for every single sorting. (Most likely to someone's annoyance but he never noticed it otherwise.) At long last, his name was called and he blurted out, ”FINALLY!” Scampering past the remaining students to jump on the stool, Rodrick flashed the deputy headmistress something of a sheepish grin.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall 2043
【WHERE:: Great Hall
【WITH WHO:: Sorting Hat
╚═════════════════════════╝

[Personality]

■ JUST Fair, honest, and hardworking, he has a strong sense of morality and knows the difference between right and wrong. He thinks everyone should be treated fairly and allowed a second chance, (they're just human, after all.) And even if it means he might be caught against friend or family and doing the right thing, he likes to think he'd do the right thing.
■ BOISTEROUS Always in a good mood, he loves to let it show. He'll randomly break out into song and dance, he uses ridiculous slang terms and he's always full of life and energy. On the other hand, it means he gets bored easy. He is not the type to entertain himself. He's a bit flamboyant, and loves to celebrate every little thing. Despite being rather rowdy, he's somewhat of a coward. He would have to be backed into a literal corner to pick a fight with someone; he does not like fighting.
■ DREAMER He believes anything is possible if he tries hard enough and believes. He thinks big and lives big; if he's going to do anything he's going to do it all out and in style. He's filled with a lot of hope and belief, and sees the true good in everyone around him.
■ PASSIONATE Easily excitable and emotional, it'd be easier to ask what he isn't passionate about. No matter how small, he can find something--good or bad-- to either rave or whine about. He gets carried away with his hobbies, and can burn himself out.
■ OBLIVIOUS Unaware of any negativity around him, he may not notice when other people have gotten tired of his tirade. He talks without thinking and can be rather inappropriate when it comes to boundaries. His intentions are good, but his actions might not always reflect that. In his mind, he only ever wants to forget about the bad and look to the good and have fun with his life; it doesn't occur to him that other people might not feel the same.
■ ENVIOUS He doesn't like it when other people have something he doesn't. Whether it's a new pair of shoes or a happy family with both living parents; it hits like a bludger to the front teeth. He isn't greedy, by any means, and he loves to share, he just has an expensive taste and wants every shiny thing he sees.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:41 pm
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image

I wake up every evening
                                          With a big smile on my face
                                          And it never feels out of place
                                          And you're still probably working
                                          At a nine to five pace
                                          I wonder how bad that tastes

Jarrett had to admit this whole thing was kinda cool. Sure he had been on a way too old boat with stupidly excited kids and had to hike here but the great hall was certainly worth it. While yes it was pretty the look of utter awe on some of his classmate's faces was silly. To be fair some may be muggleborn and this was all brand new. He had been spoiled to what this all was because he didn't want to be surprised. Plus maybe he would have has a chance to ruined the surprise for some unlucky kid. He sighed as sorting started knowing this was going to take a while. Curse his last name being the epitome of three of the last four of the alphabet. As the crowd got smaller and smaller Jarrett got more and more annoyed. “Jarrett Zywiec” was finally called out but being the last one he had begun walking up before the teacher finished his first name. He sat on the stool hoping to just be done with this. His feet hurt from standing and walking, he was hungry and was out of patience. Ugh sort him already!

PROUD Jarrett likes to brag. He feels his accomplishments are better than someone else's. He gladly tell you why he thinks his idea is better.
                                                              AMBITIOUS Jarrett wants to be the best. He's not satisfied with second place. He not afraid to step on others to get what he wants
                                                              CUNNING Jarrett knows the sometimes you gotta stretch the truth a bit to get things done. He prefers not to lie but he not above omitting info or sugar coating stuff. If he absolutely has to lie then he would.
                                                              DETERMINED Jarrett is near unstoppable when he makes his mind up. His goal is the most important thing on his priority list.
                                                              SPOILED Jarrett has had and expects thing to go his way or be given to him. He hates it when told no even if it for his own good.
                                                              MEAN SPIRITED Jarrett is one to pick and tease for stupid things. Why? Cause it fun to see people freak out. That and it hilarious. He takes pleasure in the misfortunes of others

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
                                                              Where'd it all go wrong?
                                                              But the list goes on and on
                                                              And truth be told I miss you
                                                              And truth be told I'm lying

So impatient, my boy
Not to worry, I can make this quick
Yes, for you it'll have to be

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 pm
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier was trying to contain his excitement. He laughed with Ross's enthusiasm. The boat trip was a blast despite the jarrett guy being a square. He was super surprised when they got to the school. IT WAS A FREAKING CASTLE! Sure he had known he was going to go to a cool magic school bit did he think it was in a super old castle? Definitely not. When entering the Great Hall, Xavier was in awe. The ceiling looked like the sky! But it was still a ceiling too! And floating candles that didn't drip hot burning wax! So much awesome! He almost didn't stop when the group did and nearly bumped into the kid in front of him. Xavier looked ahead by being on his tippy toes and spied a very old hat. Wow it looked super old! Was it as old as the castle? Xavier watched as the first name was called. Oh wow the hat talked! Oh that's what Ross meant when they talked about how they got sorted. How did the hat know? He pondered to himself till he jumped a bit when he heard his name called. ”Xavier Talbot” Oh! That was him. He squeezed through the remaining crowd lightly tripping on someones robe as he made his way to the stool. Did he just wait? Would this hurt? Why was the hat too big but was used to sort kids? Can he go eat now? No matter the answers Xavier was excited.

RECKLESS Xavier is not one to slow down cause it dangerous. He jumps headlong in to pretty much everything he does. If he fails he just dusts himself and tries again. Sometimes literally.

UNCOORDINATED Xavier, even before the accident, has had two left feet all his life. He is always near falling, tripping up stairs, or catching balls with his face. It causes him to get annoyed and sometimes sad when it happens as its a pet peeve of his. He just can't help it!

SARCASTIC Xavier will sometimes sound cynical and use self deprecating humor but he is truly just joking. It funnier to him when people take it seriously. He loves jokes and pranks even if their on him.

HAPPY Xavier is usually in a good mood. Not a lot brings him down. He tends to laugh off stressful situations. If he is ever sad it not for long.

WELL-MANNERED Xavier is polite and prefers to eat proper. He does his best to say please and thank you. He prefers to be tidy in dress even if he's not dressing fancy at the time. He doesn't mind getting dirty as long as he can clean up after

HEADSTRONG Xavier is pretty set on how he feels and stands by his decisions. Only a well argued point can possibly cause him to consider. He will stick with his plan even if its a bad one as he dislikes admitting he was wrong.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                              And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                              And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                              'Cause I've been going crazy.

Well well, what have we here?
Such curiosity, such enthusiasm!
And a tendency to leap before you look, eh?
I think you'll do quite well in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:46 pm
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Everyone?
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I just wanna go home

Lee was genuinely surprised he'd made it both on and off the boats without falling in the lake. That would have just made his whole night even worse. Not that it wasn't already terrible, but he knew it could certainly get worse. Particularly based on sorting. There were only two houses he'd even accept, and even then, it was iffy. He knew for a fact if he got Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, he'd pack up his trunk and just go the hell home, though. He waited in line beside Kendall while the funky hat sang, then as the names grew ever closer to his. She was lucky, going as one toward the end, where he was far closer to the beginning. After what seemed like mere seconds, his name was called. Oh god, it was time. He cast a nervous look over to Kendall, but walked toward the front. It would only take a few seconds, but with all eyes on him, it already seemed like a lifetime. Once past all the students, he wanted to turn back, but it was too late. He walked over, but being himself, tripped on his own two feet. He yelped as he fell, but luckily managed to catch himself before he broke his nose on the stone floor. He pushed himself up and hastily walked over, biting his lip hard in the hopes of not crying in front of literally hundreds of people. "Please just put me in Slytherin or Ravenclaw and get this over with. I just want to get done with this whole ******** mess."

xxxxxLᴏɢɪᴄᴀʟ: To those that don't know Lee's thought process, he might seem cold and calculating. In fact, he just has specific ways to think about things, and usually it involves breaking things down to the numbers and working it. He excels at mathematics for this reason, and his process is almost always fast and precise... when he doesn't get distracted, that is.
                                                      xxxxxFᴏʀɢᴇᴛꜰᴜʟ: Lee has a terrible memory, and often forgets things like where he is going, where he left something, or if he's eaten that particular day. He finds it as a blessing, because it enables him to read books time and again without quite remembering the ending.
                                                      xxxxxSʜʏ: Lee is rather quiet, and will never speak up on his own behalf. He often has to wait for people to notice him, as he will never be the one to instigate a conversation. When he does talk, he's often tripping over his own words or losing track of what he's trying to say.
                                                      xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Lee is very smart, including that he's ahead of his grade on reading, writing, and maths. There's almost no problem he can't figure out if he thinks about it (and doesn't forget what he's doing).
                                                      xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs: Lee is often on the hunt for knowledge, as he loves learning new things. He won't usually ask questions, but he will try to solve them himself. This can occasionally end poorly when paired with his clumsiness and lack of ability to ask for help.
                                                      xxxxxIɴᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅᴇɴᴛ: As soon as he wasn't required to be cared for, Lee's parents made him more or less figure out the world on his own. This included self-soothing and entertaining himself, so he's become quite self-reliant. When paired with his shyness, he often attempts to make it through the days without getting help from anyone, even if he's not sure how to do something alone.

I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜰᴀʀ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴇᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs sᴀʏɪɴɢ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ɪꜰ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Dᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴍᴀʏ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ I'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
Aɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ, ɴᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴅᴇꜰᴇᴀᴛ
Iᴛ's ᴀɴ ᴜᴘʜɪʟʟ sʟᴏᴘᴇ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏsᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ! Fᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪs ᴍᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜɪs ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Get it over with? Hmph.
Lucky for you, my boy, you're an easy enough read
And know yourself quite well, besides
Yes, you'll be right at home in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 pm
The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
User Image
Christopher "Chris" Avery
Unsorted First Year
Pureblood Adventurer
Older Brother

Location : Great Hall (2043 Sorting Feast)

Chris has traveled by boat all the way to the castle. He tired his best to contain himself while on the boat. He practically bounced up the steps to the great hall where they waited to be brought in. Standing at the front of the hall, Chris wondered if he’d be right about his placement. He was hardly like his father. He was definitely more like his mum or his Aunt Mira. Not that he saw himself going to Slytherin. Gryffindor was more his speed.

“Christopher Avery,”

Chris had never been so happy that his name was at the beginning of the alphabet. Though he would also admit that it was slightly terrifying to go first. Rushing over to the stool, he sat down and waited for the hat to be placed on his head. “Hello Mr. Sorting Hat.” He greeted it. He couldn’t believe he was talking to a magic hat. How cool was that? “Where you going to place me? I've been wondering that all day. My bets Gryffindor.” He said with a smile. He was so excited.

Status : Excited... Slightly Terrified to be going first
                                                          Company : Everyone! The sorting hat.

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

■ CURIOUS I’ve always been a curious sort. I like trying to figure things out, preferably in the hands on sort of way. I am not much of a reader as you can imagine. Anyways, I can’t stay out of anything. There is just so much to get into and explore. How else am I supposed to learn? Honestly, I’m probably too curious for my own good.
                                                          ■ ADVENTUROUS I like going on my own adventures. My parents and Nori didn’t exactly like that about me when I was younger. I’ve always liked to run and climb, especially climbing. If there’s a tree I’m going to climb it just because it’s fun and you can see everything from up high. As I’ve gotten older I’ll go off on my own and explore new places, some probably aren’t the safest. I was never much for paying attention to my surroundings.
                                                          ■ ACTIVE I’m an active energetic kid, I like to play sports and have fun. I hate sitting still especially when you aren’t learning anything interesting or fun. Sitting in a classroom listening to boring lectures completely sucks. My favourite thing is flying! Aunt Mira taught me everything I know, and I plan on playing while I’m in school.
                                                          ■ NOISY Sneaking around is not my strong suit. I liked making really loud noises as a youngster. Preferring to use my outdoor voice even if I was indoors. I can be rather exuberant. I’m loud and I love music (particularly the drums). Being quiet isn’t something I’m best at. I try but I just can’t contain my excitement for things.
                                                          ■ FEARLESS With my curiosity and love for adventure I have no sense of danger and have very little fear for near death experiences. Anything that equals fun is totally worth it. I’ll brave anything if I’m curious enough. When I was young it was the dog across the street, or that tree that looked like it needed to be climbed. Today it would be playing Quidditch without telling my father, or walking head long into the forbidden forest. I’m a hundred percent all in. Don’t get me wrong I’m terrified of the dark but who wouldn’t want to go into a creepy forest just because it’s against school rules.
                                                          ■ RESILIENT If I do get hurt or fall down on my adventures I always get back up and try again. I tend not to worry about scraps. I’m also not afraid of failure. I’ll try anything at least once and if I fail at it I’ll try again until I get it right. If I get stuck I don’t give up on trying to figure it out. I might get frustrated at times but that isn’t going to stop me. Nop, not a chance.

Is it now, then?
You're quite perceptive, I must say
Yes, you'll do quite well in

Gryffindor!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games