Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Yukina101
See I ain’t never been the one to toot my own horn, beep, beep
Now watch me put her on
I set fire everywhere I play,
make them all go insane, L.A to UK
Now I'mma burn it up, when I step on the scene

Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Ƥяєρυвєѕcєηт Mєηαcє Ɗαηcєя

☙❧Lia looked around the hall trying not to let her jaw drop from everything. She had known from all her cousins that the hall was big and that the ceiling was magical but it was still
                                                bigger and better than she imagined. She walked in the line behind Brennie and the rest of the first years ready to finally get the sorting out of the way. The actual sorting she wasn't too concerned with; she had family in pretty much every one so it wasn't like she'd be shunned if she somehow didn't get into the right one, she was more interested in finally getting to eat once this whole ordeal was over. Finally it seemed her name was called and she happily walked over to the stool and waited for the hat to fall over her.

◊ PERSONABLE Lia's good with talking to people or helping someone feel happy when they're not. She has no problem walking up to people and talking to them, especially those who look a bit down.
      ◊ PROTECTIVE Once she makes a friend or close companion, she strives to keep them happy and healthy within her power.
      ◊ DECISIVE She knows what she's going to do and she tends to keep on track to doing it. It's not to say she doesn't sometimes get sidetracked, but she always comes back to her goals.
      ◊ PRACTICAL Lia likes planning because then even if something goes wrong she doesn't have to worry because she planned for it. This was especially good for dance season.
      ◊ SKEPTICAL Just because she's good at talking to people doesn't mean Lia would trust them right off the back.Or trust exactly what they say. Or anyone for that matter.
      ◊ CHEEKY Sarcasm is not a lost art in Lia's home and she's definitely picked it up. Her's just tends to lay more on the amusing side than actual tongue-and-cheek at the moment.

My whole crew is fresh, and they rollin' with me
You can turn me up yep to the extreme
I'mma rock the World til they follow with me
I’m the fireball at the party
I’m the fire

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Always in a rush, you children
But, I understand, even if I don't eat
You're an interesting one, for sure
Steadfast and friendly, better be

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:08 pm
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts!!!
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? So many people!
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting sorted!!!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? WHOOOO!!!!

Brennie was stoked. It was finally time to get sorted! He'd been waiting eleven years, five months, and 28 days for this exact moment. Lia was standing just behind him, so he kept glancing at her, his bright smile plastered on his face the entire time. It took forever, but Lia was called up, which meant he couldn't be too far behind. He hoped they were in the same house, but he was certain either way they'd still be best friends forever. Finally, his name rang out in the hall. He practically sprinted to the front, carefully avoiding running into people as he did so. He plopped onto the stool, his wild grin never wavering. "Alright, Mr. Hat, let's do this! I'm so excited, so please put me somewhere fun. Maybe with my friend, Lia! You're the hat, though, so wherever is very best, please!"

xxxxxSᴏғᴛ-Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ: Brendan is a very quiet soul, and he's a bit of a pushover when it comes to other people. He's not ever the voice to be heard in a crowd, nor is he the one to correct anyone else out loud.
xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Just because he won't verbally correct others doesn't mean he won't think them incorrect. Brendan is smart and knows his right from wrong... even if he still makes some childish mistakes.
xxxxxHᴇʟᴘғᴜʟ: Brendan does small little things in order to help everyone around. Sometimes he'll go out of his way if he can help someone else, though his quiet self makes the little gestures often go unnoticed.
xxxxxTʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛғᴜʟ: Brendan is always thinking of others ahead of himself, which allows people with ill intentions to walk all over him. But as he's trusting, he will almost always get up and try again, with hopes of making someone else happy.
xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ: Though Brendan isn't talkative, he's dead loyal to those he truly cares about. Unfortunately, it's rather tricky to get close enough to him to earn his utmost loyalty.
xxxxxAɪʀʏ: Brendan almost always has his head in the clouds. He's always dreaming about something or another, mostly because he doesn't really have anyone in particular to share his dreamy thoughts with.

I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ, sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇss
Sᴏ I sɪᴛ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ, ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴇʟʏ. I ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ
I ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. I sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ. Gᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ. I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
Lᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
It's always nice to be met with enthusiasm
With your friend, you say?
Hm... yes, I think that will do nicely, in fact

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                Song Lyrics here
                                                User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ || ƤƲƦЄƁԼƠƠƊ || ƲƝƧƠƦƬЄƊ

════════════════════════

Lillith stepped up to the Sorting hat, nervous. Chance had gotten Hufflepuff, and Kory had been in Gryffindor. Which house did she belong in? She felt a lot more in common with some of her more intellectual relatives, but most of them were Slytherins. Was that where she was going to end up? She didn't want to become another McHalen that went crazy, and she nervously twisted her robes as she sat down, already chanting in her head, Not Slytherin, not Slytherin...

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ FRIENDLY Lillith is quite friendly and personable when she wants to be. She always is willing to help a friend and has no problem with being there when people need her to be. She doesn't like getting an attitude since to her, attitudes don't solve anything.
                                                    ◊ QUIET Lillith is also quiet, as she doesn't like getting loud and prefers her own solitude sometimes. She doesn't appreciate people being loud or rowdy around her either, as she thinks that it just makes more trouble for her. She'd rather sit and read a book than go out and about.
                                                    ◊ INTELLIGENT Perhaps because of her bookish nature, she is quite intelligent. She loves learning more than anything, and absorbs information set before her like a sponge. She quite enjoys intellectual challenges as a result.
                                                    ◊ OPINIONATED While she is quiet, she does have opinions, and can state them openly if she finds herself in need to. She doesn't have a problem with speaking her mind, she just is more judicious about when and where she chooses to voice them.
                                                    ◊ CALM Lillith is perhaps the calmer of the Whitethorne twins, preferring to read a situation before she reacts. She is also harder to annoy or antagonize as she lets a lot of things slide off her back. She does have a temper, but it really hard to get her to the point where she'd blow her top.
                                                    ◊ CREATIVE Above all, Lillith observes the world in an abstract way. She likes to imagine all kinds of things, worlds, and ideas, and tries to figure out how to implement them in real life or on paper. She loves writing, and this is primarily where her creative side shines.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I don't want to be a Slytherin...
                                            OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

Not Slytherin? My dear, you've nothing to fear
Not from the house, nor from your own mind
But, no, it's certainly not the place for you
I think, instead, you'll do well in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 pm
Essy ze Ninja
User Image

CAI BLODWEN ____________
Unsorted, First Year _____._____
════════════════════════
_______

Cai stood with his hands deep in his pockets, half-lidded eyes gazed out into the crowd. Hundreds of students must have been gathered along the four tables, and all eyes were on them. Cai might have been worried if he bothered enough to care. As it were, he was sighing every other minute, rocking back and forth on the balls of heels while he waited. His name was one of the first to be called.

He squeezed his tiny frame through the crowd and popped to the forefront. Cai sat lazily on the stool, hunched over and bored. If the hat was looking for any mental thoughts, it would find none. Just the same three lines of a random song that had been stuck in the back of his head for the past three weeks now.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Fall 2043
WHERE:: Great Hall
WITH WHO:: Sorting Hat

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[Personality]

■ CONFIDENT; With an optimistic outlook on life, Cai is generally trusting of others and very talkative to anyone willing to listen. He doesn't mind getting out of his comfort zone and he doesn't mind trying and failing (what he does mind is finding the effort itself to just try.)
■ LOYAL; Cai can be too trusting, to a fault, to the people in his life that are close to him. He's quick to forgive and make excuses for the members in his family, usually in benefit for his middle sister. He would do anything for his family.
■ FOOLISH; Being so young, Cai is quite naive. He's neglectful with his studies and rather chooses ignorance over education, making him (even for his age) unintelligent and immature. He would rather have fun than be serious and hardworking.
■ LAZY; If it doesn't catch his attention, then he doesn't care. He procrastinates with everything, he's messy, disorganized and would much rather play than work. (And he's not afraid to make this known to his parents and tutors.)
■ IMAGINATIVE; Cai is a child of daydreams and imaginary friends. He invents his own games and spends much of his time trying to drag his sisters to join the fun. He's creative, and he enjoys the 'shiny' aspect of his father's job that he rarely gets to see (the actual metalcharming and gem enchantment.).
■ PLAYFUL; Lighthearted and silly, he enjoys teasing his sisters and trying to prank them. It can often lead to reckless destruction, but mostly just a lot of shouting when his oldest sister gets tired of dealing with him.

Oh, I suppose you think you're quite clever, eh?
I look deeper than the mere surface, my boy
But, it was an interesting plan, I will say
Now then, I think you'll do well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                Song Lyrics here
                                                User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Bethany knew she was going before her cousins, and flashed them both a grin as she sat down to be sorted. Her family was all over the place, and she knew that she'd likely go into whichever house one of her relatives went to. She just wasn't sure which. Sure, her mother was a Slytherin, but her uncle was a Hufflepuff, one was a Slytherin as well, and then there was Uncle Luke that swore he wasn't a Gryffindor (but probably really was). Sighing, she just waited, hoping it wouldn't take too long.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ CUNNING Bethany is quite cunning, able to use her intelligence to gain an advantage in most situations. She looks at situations from all angles and figures out which she could use to her benefit, often times without much effort. She'd rather come out on top if she could help it.
                                                    ◊ FRIENDLY Bethany is rather friendly, often looking for and making new friends easily. She's very outgoing and gregarious, and works hard to keep the friends she has made. She doesn't see the point of being rude or condescending if she can help it.
                                                    ◊ SARCASTIC Ironically, Bethany is quite sarcastic when she wants to be. She can snap off comebacks and deadpan better than anyone she knows aside from her mother, and usually only uses it when someone has really annoyed her.
                                                    ◊ OPEN-MINDED Bethany has no problems with anyone, and tries to keep a broad outlook on people and situations as she comes across them. She doesn't see the reason for prejudice, and refuses to let it stand when she comes across it. She would rather accept people for who they are, rather than what they are.
                                                    ◊ ENERGETIC Bethany is quite energetic, ready to go from one situation to the next with an abandon that sometimes terrifies her mother. She can move from one task to another without losing momentum, and often has no issues with being active.
                                                    ◊ MISCHIEVOUS While Bethany is friendly and all, she also tends to be a stinker, often using her snark or deadpan to make quips about a situation. She also has no problem with playing the prankster, sometimes getting her into trouble with her parents as she loves making small amounts of trouble to break up the monotony of life.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So, which house is for me?
                                            OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

My, you're quite all over the place, aren't you?
Well it's no surprise, with a family like yours
Could go anywhere... But, I think I'll place you in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 pm
The Sorting Hat

Essy ze Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ________
RODRICK.ROSS _____
Unsorted, First Year ____
════════════════════
__

Rodrick was a bouncy ball. He couldn't sit still. He was either bouncing on the tips of his toes or hovering left and right over different kids' shoulders' to try and get a better view of the sorting hat. One by one, names were called, bodies stepped forth, and a house was shouted from the hat. It didn't matter who was sorted where, Rodrick insisted on clapping for every single sorting. (Most likely to someone's annoyance but he never noticed it otherwise.) At long last, his name was called and he blurted out, ”FINALLY!” Scampering past the remaining students to jump on the stool, Rodrick flashed the deputy headmistress something of a sheepish grin.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall 2043
【WHERE:: Great Hall
【WITH WHO:: Sorting Hat
╚═════════════════════════╝

[Personality]

■ JUST Fair, honest, and hardworking, he has a strong sense of morality and knows the difference between right and wrong. He thinks everyone should be treated fairly and allowed a second chance, (they're just human, after all.) And even if it means he might be caught against friend or family and doing the right thing, he likes to think he'd do the right thing.
■ BOISTEROUS Always in a good mood, he loves to let it show. He'll randomly break out into song and dance, he uses ridiculous slang terms and he's always full of life and energy. On the other hand, it means he gets bored easy. He is not the type to entertain himself. He's a bit flamboyant, and loves to celebrate every little thing. Despite being rather rowdy, he's somewhat of a coward. He would have to be backed into a literal corner to pick a fight with someone; he does not like fighting.
■ DREAMER He believes anything is possible if he tries hard enough and believes. He thinks big and lives big; if he's going to do anything he's going to do it all out and in style. He's filled with a lot of hope and belief, and sees the true good in everyone around him.
■ PASSIONATE Easily excitable and emotional, it'd be easier to ask what he isn't passionate about. No matter how small, he can find something--good or bad-- to either rave or whine about. He gets carried away with his hobbies, and can burn himself out.
■ OBLIVIOUS Unaware of any negativity around him, he may not notice when other people have gotten tired of his tirade. He talks without thinking and can be rather inappropriate when it comes to boundaries. His intentions are good, but his actions might not always reflect that. In his mind, he only ever wants to forget about the bad and look to the good and have fun with his life; it doesn't occur to him that other people might not feel the same.
■ ENVIOUS He doesn't like it when other people have something he doesn't. Whether it's a new pair of shoes or a happy family with both living parents; it hits like a bludger to the front teeth. He isn't greedy, by any means, and he loves to share, he just has an expensive taste and wants every shiny thing he sees.

My, aren't we excitable?
Such positivity, it's refreshing
Now, then, for you, I think

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:31 pm
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || unsorted || muggleborn

“Well I look forward to continuing this conversation later tonight if any of us are assigned to the the same house,” August told Elizabeth “Lizzie” Spektor and Aldrick Knapp with a polite nod. Despite the lack of sleep that day, August was surprisingly awake thanks to their conversation on the train and boats. ”Otherwise, we’ll find a chance to continue after class one day? But for now I was very much looking forward to watching the sorting.”

He actually didn’t care too much about who was sorted where. It seemed like people had friends across the houses anyways. But his mother had instructed him to start building a network of friends once he was there, and he understood that it ought to be diverse. Mother had always said personality tests were a load of hogwash. Maybe this sorting hat would be too, maybe magic made it legitimate-- either way, the sorting would be the easiest chance for him to catch the names and faces of everyone in his year and get an initial estimation of what their personalities might be.

He waved to Knapp a little when the other boy was called up, noting carefully where he was sorted. He didn't have long before it was his own turn. Sonora had said something about talking to the hat. It was worth a shot, and he'd prepared his case.

“Li, August.”

August nodded in farewell to Spektor and moved quickly to the stool and the hat. He immediately started thinking smart, studious thoughts at it.

Ravenclaw, please Ravenclaw, he argued with the Hat in his thoughts. He was used to living with Sonora over the summers and he wanted to be closer to his cousin. And he was studious. He enjoyed wordplay. He was clever. Somewhat--no, show no quarter. He was clever. Therefore, I would be a good fit in Ravenclaw, he argued, thinking reasons to the hat as though he could convince it with his own reasoning.

PROTECTIVE August is fiercely protective of people, sometimes not for the most rational reasons. Regardless of what he likes and respects and wants from his own life, he’s willing to take any lengths if they are threatened or wronged, his usual deference to rules and authority and even ethics be damned. Although a year younger than his cousin, he cherishes particularly his summers and letters with her and sees her innocence as something that needs to be protected.

CIVIL Never appear upset. August has been directed from birth basically to never appear anything but professional and polite to “outsiders”. His mask is as much ingrained as it is practiced and intentional at this point and he is quite good at portraying calm, unfettered and perfectly civil regardless of his actual thoughts. Around his family though, he’s a little more expressive about irritation and opinions.

DETERMINED Doggedly persistent, August has been taught that if he’s not getting what he wants, it only means he didn’t work hard enough. Truth is as much what actually happened/ how things actually happen as it is how a tale is told; if a story isn’t told the way he wants, then he needs to either fix his thinking or get better at telling the truth he wants expressed.

BITTER Despite his achievements at school, August is terrified that he is just one failure away from ruin. He’s seen a family work out because of his aunt and uncle and his maternal grandparents, but he knows there’s something off about his own parents and can’t imagine that it’ll go well for him. He's a young cynic who's still trying to figure out what hurting people means and what needs protecting or avenging.

PRESSURED Authority exists for a reason and August has been brought up to respect that authority. It doesn’t mean they’re always right, but it’s important to know, understand, and respect at least. For his parents, this respect is manifested as obedience, and with that obedience comes pressure--pressureto carry on his father's legacy, to live up to his mother's expectations, to protect those closest to him from near or afar.

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:25 am
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
User ImageUnsorted First YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick walked into the grand hall with August and Lizzie, the two he had met on the train and taken a boat with. He was nervous for the sorting, what if he got placed in the wrong house? However, as the names dragged on, he just wanted the entire thing to be finished. Finally, his name was called, "Aldrick Knapp."

He nodded and walked up, he could feel all the eyes staring at him and that was okay, he was meant to be the center of attention. He smiled at August and Lizzie who were both waiting their turn still.Do your thing hat, just, maybe put me in the same house as August and Lizzie? It would be nice not to be the only one I know in my house.

Committed/Dependable He wants to get the job done, and will do what it takes to get it finished
Center of Attention Aldrick is the oldest of his siblings, and he remembers when he was an only child. As such, he likes being the center of attention, and people focusing on him
Confident He's not afraid to go and ask questions, or do something someone else doesn't want to do.
Belligerent The oldest sibling, Aldrick has fought his way through growing up, and that's caused him to become a little rough, especially to the siblings.
Competitive Aldrick has pushed himself to be the best (to his family)
Inadvertently Apathetic while all the other traits are true, Aldrick also just doesn't care about things, he just wants the task to be finished.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Sorting
With Whom: The Firsties
Thinking about: What house will I be in?
Wearing: School Robes

OOC:

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am
User Image
User Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor
Pureblood | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
Sorting Ceremony 2043 Great Hall With: Aldrick, August, Other Students, and a Hat

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Before the Express this morning, Lizzie had felt alone and anxious. Fortunately her outburst to her train companions had earned her some potential friends, but while she whistled and cheered them on as they both approached the sorting hat before her, she had found herself left alone once again amongst a crowd of strangers. She hoped felt as uneasy as she did.

“Spektor, Elizabeth.”

She took a deep breath as her name was called upon. Initially she hadn’t been worried at all about the sorting, but once she had stepped into the room at the beginning of the evening, all she could think about was her family before her. ‘Gram and Grandad did this… Mum did this... Even Dad did. If they could do it, so can I.’

Lizzie flashed a smirk as she hopped onto the stool, legs crossed beneath her robes and hands on her knee in a confident and lady-like manner. She glanced up at the hat as it was placed on top of her. “Well, Mr. Sorting Hat, it seems my future has been placed in your brim. I’m putting all my faith in you, so don’t let me down, okay?”

Truth was, Lizzie wasn’t sure what she wanted out of her sorting today. So many thoughts had crossed her mind, ‘Will I be like my mum….? Follow Dad? Forge my own path…?’ She looked out to the tables, smile dropping a bit as she spotted August and Aldrick already in their seats. ‘They seemed nice… A tad rough around the edges, maybe, but… Nice. Maybe I could learn to be like one of them…?’ She shook her head. ‘No, Lizzie, friendships won’t help you here. If you’re going to track down the old man someday, you’ll need whatever house is best suited for that purpose. No matter what Gram says... Right?'

RAMBUNCTIOUS Loud and proud, Elizabeth can be described as a bit of a wild child. She loves to sing, loves to dance, loves to cause a ruckus wherever she can. Lizzie is typically in a good mood and more than anything just wants to have a fun time, however her rowdy personality can make her tactless and confrontational. It's not that she means to be, but sometimes she just can't help it. She is quick to shrug these moments off right after though, as she would rather spend her time enjoying herself with others people than fighting it out.

LEADER Although lazy at times, Lizzie is someone who knows how to get things done when she puts her mind to it. Her boisterous nature makes her a people person at heart, and she loves nothing more than to build people up and keep the excitement going. She wants to motivate, and she wants to help others to make a difference in the world... How, exactly, she isn't entirely sure yet.

ETHICAL Being the daughter of an auror, Elizabeth understandably has a strong sense of justice and can be unwavering in her views of the world. She knows the difference between good and evil, but also fully comprehends that nothing is black and white. Sometimes good people do bad things, sometimes bad people do something kind. Sometimes, regardless of morality, someone may have to break the rules in order to do something they believe is truly right. Lizzie supposes if everyone stayed within the walls of rules and regulations, no progress in the world would have ever been made--everything would still be under the control of empires, rather than individual countries. That said, there is a time and place for everything; and even if someone does something awful, she is willing to give them a second chance to prove themselves.

CLOSED OFF Strong emotions have never been Lizzie’s forte, especially since the loss of her father. She’s not at all bothered by confrontation, but when things get real and require her sympathies and empathy, that’s where she begins to fizzle out. She tries to be there for her friends, and sometimes she succeeds, but these sorts of situations are incredibly uncomfortable for her. She’s harder on herself, bottling up anything negative until the brink of bursting, and getting her to open up and express her true feelings can be a difficult challenge. That said, this can also work to her advantage—if she’s ever in a dire situation, she can easily keep her emotions from clouding her judgement in order to assess what needs to be done.

CREATIVE The passions of Elizabeth Spektor lie primarily in the arts. Painting, theatre, music… It’s all precious to her, and it’s through these subjects that she is actually able to express how she feels. Making anything, whether it's a piece of art, or a song, or bringing a smile to someone's face, these are the things she would gladly spend all of her time immersed in. The arts are therapeutic and they keep her mind active; thanks to this, she can apply her imagination to real-life situations and problems, for better or worse.

SARDONIC Part of the way Lizzie copes with her emotions is through humor, more often than not in the form of sarcastic remarks and dry wit. Although she tries to stay positive in the face of others and will claim to be a realist, she has a cynical streak since parting ways with her father that’s hard to break and has a tendency to come through rather bitter in tone at times even in the middle of a perfectly normal conversation. She doesn’t mean it personally, usually, but occasionally things just slip out—especially when some snot-nosed kid next to her is complaining about how their mum is “so unfair and the worst” while she doesn’t have anyone.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || unsorted || muggleborn

“Well I look forward to continuing this conversation later tonight if any of us are assigned to the the same house,” August told Elizabeth “Lizzie” Spektor and Aldrick Knapp with a polite nod. Despite the lack of sleep that day, August was surprisingly awake thanks to their conversation on the train and boats. ”Otherwise, we’ll find a chance to continue after class one day? But for now I was very much looking forward to watching the sorting.”

He actually didn’t care too much about who was sorted where. It seemed like people had friends across the houses anyways. But his mother had instructed him to start building a network of friends once he was there, and he understood that it ought to be diverse. Mother had always said personality tests were a load of hogwash. Maybe this sorting hat would be too, maybe magic made it legitimate-- either way, the sorting would be the easiest chance for him to catch the names and faces of everyone in his year and get an initial estimation of what their personalities might be.

He waved to Knapp a little when the other boy was called up, noting carefully where he was sorted. He didn't have long before it was his own turn. Sonora had said something about talking to the hat. It was worth a shot, and he'd prepared his case.

“Li, August.”

August nodded in farewell to Spektor and moved quickly to the stool and the hat. He immediately started thinking smart, studious thoughts at it.

Ravenclaw, please Ravenclaw, he argued with the Hat in his thoughts. He was used to living with Sonora over the summers and he wanted to be closer to his cousin. And he was studious. He enjoyed wordplay. He was clever. Somewhat--no, show no quarter. He was clever. Therefore, I would be a good fit in Ravenclaw, he argued, thinking reasons to the hat as though he could convince it with his own reasoning.

PROTECTIVE August is fiercely protective of people, sometimes not for the most rational reasons. Regardless of what he likes and respects and wants from his own life, he’s willing to take any lengths if they are threatened or wronged, his usual deference to rules and authority and even ethics be damned. Although a year younger than his cousin, he cherishes particularly his summers and letters with her and sees her innocence as something that needs to be protected.

CIVIL Never appear upset. August has been directed from birth basically to never appear anything but professional and polite to “outsiders”. His mask is as much ingrained as it is practiced and intentional at this point and he is quite good at portraying calm, unfettered and perfectly civil regardless of his actual thoughts. Around his family though, he’s a little more expressive about irritation and opinions.

DETERMINED Doggedly persistent, August has been taught that if he’s not getting what he wants, it only means he didn’t work hard enough. Truth is as much what actually happened/ how things actually happen as it is how a tale is told; if a story isn’t told the way he wants, then he needs to either fix his thinking or get better at telling the truth he wants expressed.

BITTER Despite his achievements at school, August is terrified that he is just one failure away from ruin. He’s seen a family work out because of his aunt and uncle and his maternal grandparents, but he knows there’s something off about his own parents and can’t imagine that it’ll go well for him. He's a young cynic who's still trying to figure out what hurting people means and what needs protecting or avenging.

PRESSURED Authority exists for a reason and August has been brought up to respect that authority. It doesn’t mean they’re always right, but it’s important to know, understand, and respect at least. For his parents, this respect is manifested as obedience, and with that obedience comes pressure--pressureto carry on his father's legacy, to live up to his mother's expectations, to protect those closest to him from near or afar.

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

Clever indeed, my boy, that's for sure
Hm, however, I see a different sort of cleverness from you
No, I think you'll find you're better suited for

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:25 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
User ImageUnsorted First YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick walked into the grand hall with August and Lizzie, the two he had met on the train and taken a boat with. He was nervous for the sorting, what if he got placed in the wrong house? However, as the names dragged on, he just wanted the entire thing to be finished. Finally, his name was called, "Aldrick Knapp."

He nodded and walked up, he could feel all the eyes staring at him and that was okay, he was meant to be the center of attention. He smiled at August and Lizzie who were both waiting their turn still.Do your thing hat, just, maybe put me in the same house as August and Lizzie? It would be nice not to be the only one I know in my house.

Committed/Dependable He wants to get the job done, and will do what it takes to get it finished
Center of Attention Aldrick is the oldest of his siblings, and he remembers when he was an only child. As such, he likes being the center of attention, and people focusing on him
Confident He's not afraid to go and ask questions, or do something someone else doesn't want to do.
Belligerent The oldest sibling, Aldrick has fought his way through growing up, and that's caused him to become a little rough, especially to the siblings.
Competitive Aldrick has pushed himself to be the best (to his family)
Inadvertently Apathetic while all the other traits are true, Aldrick also just doesn't care about things, he just wants the task to be finished.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Sorting
With Whom: The Firsties
Thinking about: What house will I be in?
Wearing: School Robes

OOC:

_____

_____

Sadly, I can make no such promises
Not until I've had a peek inside their minds as well
But, not to worry, I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:35 pm
The Sorting Hat

Trickblues
User Image
User Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor
Pureblood | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
Sorting Ceremony 2043 Great Hall With: Aldrick, August, Other Students, and a Hat

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Before the Express this morning, Lizzie had felt alone and anxious. Fortunately her outburst to her train companions had earned her some potential friends, but while she whistled and cheered them on as they both approached the sorting hat before her, she had found herself left alone once again amongst a crowd of strangers. She hoped felt as uneasy as she did.

“Spektor, Elizabeth.”

She took a deep breath as her name was called upon. Initially she hadn’t been worried at all about the sorting, but once she had stepped into the room at the beginning of the evening, all she could think about was her family before her. ‘Gram and Grandad did this… Mum did this... Even Dad did. If they could do it, so can I.’

Lizzie flashed a smirk as she hopped onto the stool, legs crossed beneath her robes and hands on her knee in a confident and lady-like manner. She glanced up at the hat as it was placed on top of her. “Well, Mr. Sorting Hat, it seems my future has been placed in your brim. I’m putting all my faith in you, so don’t let me down, okay?”

Truth was, Lizzie wasn’t sure what she wanted out of her sorting today. So many thoughts had crossed her mind, ‘Will I be like my mum….? Follow Dad? Forge my own path…?’ She looked out to the tables, smile dropping a bit as she spotted August and Aldrick already in their seats. ‘They seemed nice… A tad rough around the edges, maybe, but… Nice. Maybe I could learn to be like one of them…?’ She shook her head. ‘No, Lizzie, friendships won’t help you here. If you’re going to track down the old man someday, you’ll need whatever house is best suited for that purpose. No matter what Gram says... Right?'

RAMBUNCTIOUS Loud and proud, Elizabeth can be described as a bit of a wild child. She loves to sing, loves to dance, loves to cause a ruckus wherever she can. Lizzie is typically in a good mood and more than anything just wants to have a fun time, however her rowdy personality can make her tactless and confrontational. It's not that she means to be, but sometimes she just can't help it. She is quick to shrug these moments off right after though, as she would rather spend her time enjoying herself with others people than fighting it out.

LEADER Although lazy at times, Lizzie is someone who knows how to get things done when she puts her mind to it. Her boisterous nature makes her a people person at heart, and she loves nothing more than to build people up and keep the excitement going. She wants to motivate, and she wants to help others to make a difference in the world... How, exactly, she isn't entirely sure yet.

ETHICAL Being the daughter of an auror, Elizabeth understandably has a strong sense of justice and can be unwavering in her views of the world. She knows the difference between good and evil, but also fully comprehends that nothing is black and white. Sometimes good people do bad things, sometimes bad people do something kind. Sometimes, regardless of morality, someone may have to break the rules in order to do something they believe is truly right. Lizzie supposes if everyone stayed within the walls of rules and regulations, no progress in the world would have ever been made--everything would still be under the control of empires, rather than individual countries. That said, there is a time and place for everything; and even if someone does something awful, she is willing to give them a second chance to prove themselves.

CLOSED OFF Strong emotions have never been Lizzie’s forte, especially since the loss of her father. She’s not at all bothered by confrontation, but when things get real and require her sympathies and empathy, that’s where she begins to fizzle out. She tries to be there for her friends, and sometimes she succeeds, but these sorts of situations are incredibly uncomfortable for her. She’s harder on herself, bottling up anything negative until the brink of bursting, and getting her to open up and express her true feelings can be a difficult challenge. That said, this can also work to her advantage—if she’s ever in a dire situation, she can easily keep her emotions from clouding her judgement in order to assess what needs to be done.

CREATIVE The passions of Elizabeth Spektor lie primarily in the arts. Painting, theatre, music… It’s all precious to her, and it’s through these subjects that she is actually able to express how she feels. Making anything, whether it's a piece of art, or a song, or bringing a smile to someone's face, these are the things she would gladly spend all of her time immersed in. The arts are therapeutic and they keep her mind active; thanks to this, she can apply her imagination to real-life situations and problems, for better or worse.

SARDONIC Part of the way Lizzie copes with her emotions is through humor, more often than not in the form of sarcastic remarks and dry wit. Although she tries to stay positive in the face of others and will claim to be a realist, she has a cynical streak since parting ways with her father that’s hard to break and has a tendency to come through rather bitter in tone at times even in the middle of a perfectly normal conversation. She doesn’t mean it personally, usually, but occasionally things just slip out—especially when some snot-nosed kid next to her is complaining about how their mum is “so unfair and the worst” while she doesn’t have anyone.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

Oh, don't worry so much about those who came before you
Nor about your classmates, my dear girl
Best to forge your own path, find your own way
Some independence would do you good, yes, better be

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Pern Master Harper

Ruthless Giver

16,000 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:18 am
Mashiro Niizuma-Clarke

First year | House-to-be-Added | Muggle-born

Mashiro wandered into the Great Hall with the rest of the unsorted first years. He was so nervous. Eiji had been telling him all about Hogwarts for the past year and over summer but he still wasn't ready to see the sprawling castle. He was going to feel so out of place. It was nothing like their cottage snuggled in the Welsh country side. Plus he didn't have Gethin's cottage to escape to when he felt over-whelmed.

He couldn't help but hope he'd end up in the same house as Eiji, even if Eiji might drive him a little mad. At lease he would know someone and have some familiarity. Mashiro swallowed nervously when his name was called. He quickly shuffled toward the hat. Mashiro even managed to trip right in front of the stool. In fact the stool was the only thing that keep him from face-planting. With a bright red blush, Mashiro finally sat mutely on the stool and waited for the hat to sort him.

People can describe me as
Shy and quiet- tend to stick with those already know. Do not seek out confrontation. Will not place self as center of attention. Wallflower.
Helpful- always willing to help those in need. Eager to be of use.
Deep thinker- very intelligent and enjoys thinking problems. Enjoys stimulating conversations that require contemplation of ideas.
Progressive- do not judge anyone on preference, race, or political alignment. Sees all individuals as equal.
Affectionate- enjoys cuddling and being close with friends and family. Will seek out friends daily just to see how they are and reaffirm connection.

where great hall | with sorting hat | feeling nervous

OOC: ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:12 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Eager

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Seaghdha flashed his sister a smile and a small thumbs up from the crowd of first years, as he watched her get her sorting. He was almost beaming when he heard the hat shout her house, he made sure to clap rather loudly as he watched her join her new housemates. Hopefully they would be friendly enough to converse with her. The boy was so lost in thought that he almost didn't hear his own name being called.

Bounding up the steps, the boy quickly made his way to the seat. His smile hadn't dropped off of his face as he felt the hat be placed on his own head."Tanks for singin' ter us, yer song wus quite gran'."Sure the hat didn't have the best singing voice of any human he had heard, but it was definitely the best singing voice from a hat. He would have to add talking clothing into some kind of work in the future, he honestly couldn't believe he hadn't thought of something like that before. "Do ya nu No Nay Never? I'd loike ter 'ear ya sing dat. "

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Curious Séaghdha enjoys probing people, he likes understanding the way their minds work. People interest him. Knowing more about others helps him create.
TRAIT Dramatic Séaghdha tends to over exaggerate things a little. Not enough to blow situations out of proportion but he will adjust minor aspects of events just to make them more exciting. Sometimes this does tend to backfire on him though.
TRAIT Disorganized Controlled chaos might as well be Séaghdha’s middle name with how he keeps him belongings. He doesn’t have any rhyme or reason to how he puts his belongings up or how he adjusts his room he just does what feels right, which is usually nothing and ends with him leaving things on the floor. Which he declares fuels his creativity.
TRAIT Protective While Séaghdha doesn’t really like conflict, he also doesn’t appreciate people bothering the people he cares about. So despite his frail frame he is usually willing to throw hands with anyone who might try and hurt his loved ones…even if he know the outcome most likely won’t be in his favor.
TRAIT Friendly Séaghdha thrives when he is meeting new people and thus tries his best to be as friendly as possible. Not exactly an extrovert but the boy does enjoy being around others.
TRAIT Creative Séaghdha prides himself on his imagination and his ability to weave words. His words are his strongest weapon and without them he feels like he would have nothing. So he uses his words to craft worlds and ensnare anyone who is willing to listen to his tales, the ones that he has created.

Fuzzymelonlord

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:13 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow First Years
Mood
Intrigued

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

It felt almost like an eternity before Daisuke was called, one of the down falls to having a last name starting with Y. But of course, Daisuke didn't care all that much. The waiting gave him time to assess his classmates, he found a few of the others rather interesting and made sure to note what house they now belonged to. Unfortunately while there were some eye catching students, only time would tell if they could keep his attention.

He slowly made his way up the stairs, taking his time to get to the stool. After all, he wasn't in much of a rush. Taking a seat on the rather uncomfortable stool, he kept a calm look on his face. "My father bet me that you weren't real, that all the English Wizards just made you up to mess with foreigners. He owes me four Galleons now. Thanks."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Creative Daisuke enjoys fabricating worlds with his art, which is one of the reasons why he doesn’t enjoy still life paintings. He much prefers to use his expansive imagination to help him create.
TRAIT Patient Daisuke isn’t quick to lose his temper and is a pretty mellow person. It takes quite a bit to set him off. His patience isn’t completely benign though, quite often he is simply calculating the best possible course of action rather than flying off the handle. He prefers for things to go his way and usually losing your temper is a good way to lose control of a situation.
TRAIT Egotistic Despite Daisuke’s seemingly sweet exterior, the boy is a bit full of himself, but doesn’t really broadcast it to the world that he thinks this way. But in his mind he believes himself better than most people. He doesn’t really treat people poorly but he just doesn’t believe that most people are up to his standards.
TRAIT Perfectionist One of Daisuke’s biggest downfalls is his perfectionism. If one of his paintings isn’t 100% to his liking, he generally throws it away or burns it.Generally this make him take longer on projects than most people, because his final work has to be up to his standards.
TRAIT Friendly Despite his egoistic nature, Daisuke enjoys making new friends. He likes surrounding himself with people, it’s where he is most comfortable.
TRAIT Inquisitive Daisuke tends to not take all information at face value. He wants to know the inner workings of things that interest him. He also enjoys picking at peoples minds and definitely not because he wants to find possible ways to blackmail them in the future.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games