Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 am
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. It's almost always better to reserve judgment until you play the game for yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:55 am
Judging by what ive seen in the previews thus far, I am not thrilled.
"Oh look! I can use telekinisis!"
Yawn.
"OMG I can use Force Lighting!"
Seen it.

Just one more Jedi game shoved down our throats. Only this one has next gen graphics.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm
I swear to Crix... If Lucas doesn't start putting out some GOOD games... there shall be bloodshed.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:02 am
Well Lucasarts does have a good game coming out. The only problem is its not a Star Wars game.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

drewmund

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:08 pm
what is it?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:33 pm
Star Wars Saga Edition Sourcebook: Starships of the Galaxy. The Review.

Now, Ive been a little wary of Wizards of the Coast lately, what with the oncoming 4th Edition of D&D. The rework of the Star Wars RPG they did however bolstered my faith in some aspects of the company. Saga Edition seems much closer to the fun that was the old WEG Star Wars RPG. I had a few complaints about it though. For one, there wasnt near enough Starships in the main book. The collection there were limited to a handful of fighters taken primarily from ANH and RotS, 1 space transport, and only 2 capital ships: the Corellian Corvette and the Imperial 1 Star Destroyer.
Then Starships of the Galaxy came out.
Initially I was skeptical. The old Starship Supplement for the D20 Star Wars game was crap. Bad pictures, full of obscure ships I never needed- it was a waste of money. I could have just downloaded home made stats off the internet and saved myself some cash. So this book I aproached with caution. Its pretty damn expensive, costing roughly 5 bucks less than the core rulebook.
Now I'm glad I picked it up.
This book is a must for anyone wanting to get in on Saga Edition and makes up for its hefty price tag with tons of color illustrations, loads of Starship information (From things such as permits and liscencing to about seven full pages of starfighter maneuvers) and almost an overload of Starships from across the Galaxy. Its like the Essential Guide to Starships got reprinted with full RPG stats. Ships like the Ghtroc 720 and the Imperial Customs Corvette make a triumphant return from the obscurity of WEG rulebooks. Battleships and fighters from the Legacy Era are stated and presented for ready use, and even a few KOTOR ships make apperances. The classics such as TIE Fighters, X-wings, and Y-wings are shown with at least 3 different variations drawn from their long histories (such as the Y-wing longprobe, the XJ-wing, and the TIE-Defender). the K-wing, the Nebula-Class SD and the Chiss Clawcraft are in there, each with excellent pictures. The more Famous space transports like the Lambda Shuttle and the YT-1300 get interior maps. 4 templates allow for further customization and specialization of ships and the ship pages often include not just information but additional rules regarding the ship's capabilities.

Its an excellent book and feels more like a Core Rulebook than a supplement. As a taste of things to come for the Saga Edition its got me excited.

I do have a few gripes though. Theres only 1 vongship represented and theres alot of Hapan ships as well, almost an overabundance. Considering the importance of the Vong in Star Wars History, I would have assumed they would have gotten more ships. Hapes isnt near as important. The price, as mentioned, is also offsetting and theres a lack of information about Space Pirates(which is very saddening to me). But in the scheme of things these are minor gripes at best. This is one sweet piece of work the guys at Wizards have produced.
I'll give 'em an A.
Now if I could  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:19 pm
drewmund
what is it?
Mercenaries 2  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm
Ah...Mercenaries...good times, good explosions... mrgreen

So...4th Edition premiers this month, and along with it the downfall of Tabletop RPG.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:57 pm
Mercenaries was an awesome game.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:02 pm
Missing nin Itachi
Mercenaries was an awesome game.
That's because Pandemic is good. They took what they learned from Battlefront and used it to make Mercenaries.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Dave Lister_3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 am
Love my Lego Star Wars for my PS2.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:36 pm
There needs to be a Legacy era game. Perhaps a Legacy MMO. Ooh that'd be interesting. With the Empire and the New Jedi and Sith Orders respectively.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:41 pm
We can only hope they do something like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:22 pm
Now that would be great if they did.  

Dave Lister_3

Rendin Verta

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:10 pm
Games I want to see for star wars:

An RPG for the GCW era

A sequel to republic commando

POV of a storm trooper with COD4 like campaign, only...ya know..star warsy and all that razz

a new flight sim for the next gen consoles.

you know what would be great but will probably never happen? GTA: Coruscant rofl  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games