Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Get to Know the Members! (Old) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lmasdlkjasdoiajusdlknm

Liberal Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:57 pm
Jackal_21
Heeeey fellow gians/RPers. My name is Ryan, I'm a Canadian living in Toronto, but I was born a newfie razz
I roleplay with another guild, but they arn't too active, so I decided to join this one in hopes of bettering my roleplaying skills biggrin
I've only been roleplaying in general for about, iunno 2 years on and off, haven't COMPLETED many roleplays, but that's probably because everyone stopped taking it seriously and dropped it at the time sad
I'm huge on video games like warcraft 3, diablo 2, xbox 360 games like call of duty 4, and I'm a master at soul calibur 3 and 4. biggrin

Lookin forward to meeting and RPing with as many of you as I can, and thanks for accepting me biggrin

Excuse me, but why is every newfie I see named Ryan?

I swear, you're the 5th one.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:11 pm
Lol, well I just joined, and I'm a Becca, if that makes you feel any better.

Anyway, I live in the greater Boston region, love Warcraft, and am one of the most liberal people you'll meet. And, I do uber-huge RP posts. Kinda got that way from my time in the LRPG.  

Scraps 2-point-0

Metal WaterDemon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 pm
Hello, I'm Crystal...I love to rp a lot, I've been a Roll Playing for I think two years now, but I still need to keep in mind the basics....so when I'm rping and I do something wronge or something, just let me know and I'll try my best to fix it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am
Yo, I've been in this guild for a while, but I've been inactive for a long time. Recently I decided to start rping again.

So, I know I'm just griping, but I cannot find any rp that seems interesting. I don't know about you guys, but these are the things that turn me off to an rp thread:

Misspellings, incorrect grammer, lack of punctuation etc... ESPECIALLY when it's the GM making the mistakes on THE FIRST PAGE. I'll see something like "your" when it's supposed to be "you're," or multiple misspellings in a row which clearly shows they put little effort into making the thread. I just stop reading and leave, because I just can't stand that. I mean, you'd think people would at least proof read ONCE and polish up their threads before opening, but sadly no.

Another thing that I dislike a bit, but try to tolerate to the best of my ability, is an unoriginal character. I realize people have their anime idols and whatnot whom they absolutely adore, and I realize that good pictures that match your character well are hard to come by but, still.. Some people don't even try to make an fresh new character, they just stay with the same overpowered thing. Every. Single. RP. Thread.

Anyways, this is just me. Maybe I'm overreacting.  

Drakaeon

lily564a

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 am
Have you looked in the level subforums? You sound like a level three guy to me. I really don't get how people can stand to use found images at all, I can understand that most people aren't actually going to be good writers capable of building high quality characters that don't suffer from all those generic flaws, but using a picture all but guarantees it.

Don't worry about being inactive, most of our users are, it's that you came back that matters.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:55 am
lily564a
Have you looked in the level subforums? You sound like a level three guy to me. I really don't get how people can stand to use found images at all, I can understand that most people aren't actually going to be good writers capable of building high quality characters that don't suffer from all those generic flaws, but using a picture all but guarantees it.

Don't worry about being inactive, most of our users are, it's that you came back that matters.

Yeah, I've been looking though them.. I'm kinda craving sci-fi, but I haven't seen any decent ones.. some (maybe even a lot) of them have the flaws I described in my previous post, which was why I was somewhat frustrated.

Since I have some artistic ability, I like to sketch out characters because it helps me develop them, but not everyone can do this, so... generally they find a picture because they believe it expresses their character's appearance better than they could do in words. Or, they're just lazy. Something else a few people tend to do is choose a picture and create a character around it, which could be seen as lazy and unoriginal as well.

Heh, not much to come back to. But, oh well...  

Drakaeon

karmalee7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm
hey ppl im sidney im intersted in just learning more about rp so if you want im asking for some help on the subject anyone that wants to take me under their wing and teach me the basics i will really appreciate itthanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:43 pm

Allo, my name is Sal(Not really, its Tyler), and I came here to further improve on my Rping skills. Im currently Rping in a popular naruto guild call Naruto way of the shinobi. (Please join BTW. XD)
I'm an o.k. rper, its just that I don't think I'm actually good enough, so, if anyone thats an expert on the subject that could help...

emo  

Ralyt

CARBON PiXELS

Aekea Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:28 pm
Hello All,
I'm Max. Ive been Rping for around 3 to 4 years, and I guess I'm a very nitpicky RPer. I hate when others make simple spelling or grammar mistakes, then do not wish to be corrected in doing so. So If anyone catches a mistake in my posts, do not hesitate to tell me. Anyway, I deal mainly in Sci-fi and Fantasy Rps, though I will venture into other genres.
Ive also been craving a good Sci-fi RP.. Maybe I'll make one. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 pm
Aloha peeps. The names Heidi! WOOO! Well, I joined because my sis is in this guild and is very into the rp's that she is in. I havent rp'ed really before, so I could use some tips and stuff. I like a lot of people, support good grammer, but Im not very good at spelling so if by mistake I spell something wrong, or use bad grammer, PLEASE tell me! I don't know what kinds role plays I like yet, but I will try to explore. So far I like the more realistic ones, without vampires and wizards and things like that. I really think the ones based off of books are weird, and hard to follow...but anyway, I like friends, so if you want you can pm me randomly! xd  

SD_DancingDragon10

dgfhjkjhf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:14 pm
Hi there, folks! I am Silja, and I come from the Faroe Islands. ^-^ I love roleplaying, but I'm not very good at it yet. I am pretty literate when rping, though. So if I make any mistakes, please correct me! I am very shy when it comes to roleplaying, so normally I don't participate in very many rp's. I'll try though. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 pm
Greetings .. !

My name is Bartholomieu. To deviate from the topic, I'm not here at all to introduce myself. ( Which would be why I did exactly just that. )

Anyhow, with my bland humor aside, I figure I might as well tell you a few other things about myself. I was originally born in Kentucky, and I lived there for the majority of my life. I moved to Michigan and stayed there briefly, followed by a stint of slightly longer duration in California. Then I returned back to my roots, ya'll ken? ( Another bit of humor. Self-mockery always is the most entertaining. )

I've been roleplaying since I was eight. As to what my current age is, I'll leave you unaware. I have to have a bit of mysteriousness and intrigue about me. If an individual isn't possessed of at least a modicum of an enigmatic air, then people usually won't make the attempt to get to learn about them.

I enjoy fantasy/Sci-fi roleplay; I find realistic to be somewhat of an odd pursuit. If you wanted to do these realistic things, why not undertake the endeavors yourself instead of resorting to good ol' pen and paper? ( Or more aptly in this situation, keyboard and forum. )

Well, enough about me! I am glad to be a part of the group.  

Mari-Juan

nightalchemist_shadow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:13 pm
First off I would like to say that I have been a member of an RP guild sense last year. I am also trying to establish a decent RP guild of my own. So I have come to this guild to help me figure out how to get better at setting up RPs as well as maybe polish up my skills of actual RPing.

Drakaeon
lily564a

Yeah, I've been looking though them.. I'm kinda craving sci-fi, but I haven't seen any decent ones.. some (maybe even a lot) of them have the flaws I described in my previous post, which was why I was somewhat frustrated.

Since I have some artistic ability, I like to sketch out characters because it helps me develop them, but not everyone can do this, so... generally they find a picture because they believe it expresses their character's appearance better than they could do in words. Or, they're just lazy. Something else a few people tend to do is choose a picture and create a character around it, which could be seen as lazy and unoriginal as well.

I try to develop my character before I either give a description to friend and have them draw it out for me or I search for a picture. I can draw some scenery, weapon and item designs but I am no good at drawing characters. So a lot of the people that just search for a picture tend to be the ones that can't draw. Very few have I met are just lazy.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:58 pm
nightalchemist_shadow
First off I would like to say that I have been a member of an RP guild sense last year. I am also trying to establish a decent RP guild of my own. So I have come to this guild to help me figure out how to get better at setting up RPs as well as maybe polish up my skills of actual RPing.

Drakaeon
lily564a

I try to develop my character before I either give a description to friend and have them draw it out for me or I search for a picture. I can draw some scenery, weapon and item designs but I am no good at drawing characters. So a lot of the people that just search for a picture tend to be the ones that can't draw. Very few have I met are just lazy.

Your rebuke (if that was what it was) for my statement is kinda invalid since I said some people who build characters around pictures can be seen as lazy. I have no problems with people who develop characters then find a picture. Although generally I think they don't need a picture if they've developed their character extensively enough.  

Drakaeon

Pretty Dolly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 am
My name is Pop and I'm 17 ^^
I attend College and I'm currently studying Art && Design

I love to create my own manga
&& my two favorite things that I adore drawing
is dragons, roses and Gaia avatars (hint, hint ;D )

I also make/design my own clothes which is always fun =D
I have an obsession with toys and plushies
Strawberriez too

I'm engaged to an Angel that fell down from the heavens and
I was lucky enough to catch him in my arms before anyone else could

I'm over-all an honest person and listen to anyone with problems or needs
I'm very open-minded and never judge people for the decisions they make

I have two cats, two sisters and a younger brother (who I dot on x3 heart )

I try to see life as "the glass is half full && not half empty"

Thats about it for now x3

13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games