Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:13 pm
Diana Vulpes
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG
Krissm. I've been waiting since... mephi's first RP for you to make one. Oh my lord. The idea is genious and detailed and and and anddddddd everything i expected from you, and hoped, and more biggrin *RPgasm*
Yay, glad you like.

And on that note, the information how to apply has been posted and I am now accepting applications. whee

The set up for your RP reminds me a lot of the comic Jack.
O.o really, don't think I've ever read that comic, though I think I've heard the name mentioned before. Is it an online comic?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:06 pm
mantiseseseses came today. And i found out im incapable of saying 'mantises'. >>;  

UglyCoyoteNG

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:08 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
mantiseseseses came today. And i found out im incapable of saying 'mantises'. >>;
Yay, mantises. You can also call them Manti or mantids for plural if you find mantises a tongue twister. Or of cours nymphs when they first hatch and are just little wee babies. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:14 pm
mantids it is. XD if i say nymphs moms going to be like 'wut' >> o_o i find that im in short suply of bugs! D: (the pin head kind) fruitflys will work, right? (they're missing they're wings. >> )  

UglyCoyoteNG

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:21 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
mantids it is. XD if i say nymphs moms going to be like 'wut' >> o_o i find that im in short suply of bugs! D: (the pin head kind) fruitflys will work, right? (they're missing they're wings. >> )
Yes fruitflies will work. They can even have their wings (though those aren't usually sold because they are harder for preditors to catch and stuff) As long as your mantis can catch it your fine. O.o important little bit of information. Most mantises wont eat or show much interest in catching their first day or two after being born. They are often very clumzy their first few attempts at a successful catch. They will however drink immediatly after hatching and it is very important to make sure they get water every day if possible when that young.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:17 pm
o_o ...watering manids...uhm. water bowl or flood em' with spritz? >>;  

UglyCoyoteNG

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:24 pm
Krissim Klaw
O.o really, don't think I've ever read that comic, though I think I've heard the name mentioned before. Is it an online comic?

Yeah, it is on online comic. The current world is run by furries, but you get little flash backs through out the comic that shows that the world was once ruled by humans and they creates furries in a lab.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:28 pm
<@_@> *flops and whines* I'm bored, flustered, restless, and frustrated. And I'm tired and have a headache. >< *buries himself under a pile of pillows and sighs* K, I'm done.  

Lloxie

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:30 pm
>> also, Kriss, what do you keep yours in?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:39 pm
Depends how you want to water them. Since I only keep a few, I take them out and give them water then by squirting some on the ground before them and make sure they realize it's there and drink what they want. When they are older I have also been known to hold a eyedropper up to their mouths for a quick drink (sheesh I pamper my mantises way to much.)

The quickest way however if you want to do it in a cage would be to squirt them lightly with a spray bottle on mist. Don't bother with water containers. They won't go looking for them, and they spend most of their time on the walls and ceiling of the cage. Really how they tell water is there often involves them accidently stepping on it, thus realizing it's there.

Cage wise, I found awsome little cages made by a company. They are called pop up port a bug cages and have I light airy netting that is perfect for mantises to climb around on. Sadly, I think the specific model I have they aren't making anymore. It is kind of shaped like a little tent cage looking thing. Can fold it up to a little circle when not in use. They do have their other model though that is cilindar shapped. Don't like it as much because it easily falls over and has slick plastic at the top versus the fabric. Here is a link if your curious-

http://insectlore.stores.yahoo.net/popportubsty.html

here are two larger versions-
http://insectlore.stores.yahoo.net/butgarhab.html
http://insectlore.stores.yahoo.net/butpavhabon.html

As for a larger cage, I had my dad custom build a screen mesh cage with screening on all sides and the ceiling. It's a big beautiful cage. I know there are other sites that sell stuff compariable to it but they are expensive. You can go with a tank, but the glass becomes hard for adult mantises to hold on to and they can't climb the walls well and can fall. Just not as comfortable for them.  

Krissim Klaw

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:01 pm
o.o cant they get threw the mesh?
>> and how should I water them?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:37 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
o.o cant they get threw the mesh?
>> and how should I water them?
Which cage are you talking about? The pop up ones have such fine netting a gnat can't get through it. The one I had my dad make is a really fine mesh. even a baby mantis freshly hatched wouldn't be able to get through the screen.

Really it is up to you. I suggest taking them out and sprinkling some water in front of them and just making sure they walk into it/realize it's there. You'll know if they are drinking good and everything because they will bend down to drink. On babies a good sign is their abdomen should fatten up some after drinking (accpecially noticable if they are really skinny because they haven't eaten yet) Just make sure they get water every day or every other day.  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:31 pm
Krissim should make a "How to" mantis care book.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:19 pm
Yes, she should.....

>.>

<.<

WITH PICTURES!!!! 3nodding  

Crenn

OmeTheDragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:43 pm
I dunno if this belongs here >> << more of a happy thing for Sallies, but I guess it can but... just wanted to share that...

OME'S GOIN TO CANADA TO SEE DOOMIE NEXT WEEK. =D

Yup X3 Almost a year in a long distance relationship and I finally get to see her... Albiet only for a week, as long as my vacation time allows, but I still get to see her @_@ Leaving next Tuesday at 11AM. =D

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games