Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 pm
Clessie
How do I get an SoA? sweatdrop

1) Through Flatsale (Colorists host these, they are generally "Colorist posts 'Go' and you post 'I want [the one you want]'")
2) Through Auction (Also hosted by individual colorists)
3) Through Raffle (Colorist hosted, you by tickets)
4) Through Customs (You can find more info in the Breeding/Customs subforum of the guild)
5) Through Games/Trivia (Colorists do these randomly and generally without notice)
6) Through RP Contest (Generally hosted by individual owners, either for cubs from a breeding or a pride-hosted contest)
7) Given one as a gift from another owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 pm
thanks!  

Clessie

6,075 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:20 am
I was planning on writing out some RPs while sitting on various flights and I was wondering. Solo RPs. Do they always need to include two characters? Can I write a longer RP with just one character?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:33 am
It can be one character, it has to be suffiecently long though. Keep in mind rps between two people tend to need to be ATLEAST eight or so good sized posts. So a self rp would have to be sufficiently long and have a clear end.  

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 am
Yeah, I plan on checking lengths when I get home again. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 am

This is a question I have that I need absolute clarification on. XD

Say someone customs into a litter near the end of one month. They post their form in the colorist's thread in that month. So the slot is definitely theirs in that month. The next month rolls around and that person is given a cub from a litter. The cub they are given was a random!custom for a litter LAST month. But it had no owner until the next month. So because the cub was random!custom'd into the litter in the same month the person obtained their other custom-in slot, even though they only became the owner in the NEXT month, does it still count for the slot in the same month?

answered~

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Kireiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:28 am
Eski: I want to say that it will count for the month that the cubs are made. So the person would not be allowed to have the random custom cub because they already have a custom cub from the same month.

That would be my best guess, it'd probably be best to get the answer from Dusty/Meep. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:35 am

Ah, thanks, Kirei. XD I'll keep snooping around to see if I can get a definite answer.

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:16 pm
I have a question. Since Sasu gave me Letladika and Seriti... Does Seriti count towards the one baby? I own her mother, and now her and her father.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Question about customs:

I know customs on unique pride lines can only be obtained via breeding custom-ins,
but someone said a while back that they can be obtained as adults?
What that means is, you can order a SoA custom in a custom thread, on Firekin lines let's say,
as an adult, and it can be on the Firekin lines because
you say (with permission) that the parents are in the Firekin.

I just wanted clarification on that, and if that was really allowed or not. Thanks. XD

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:09 pm
They used to allow custom adults on pride lines if you could create a backstory that made sense for the character to be on those lines. They stopped allowing it though and haven't for quite some time.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:23 pm
I had a question similar to Eski's, but first I'll state two related facts:

1. I understand how the current process of customing into litters works, including the time limit of 24 hours after the cubs arrive.
2. Sometimes, people order customs as adults of children of SoA that already exist.

Q: What I was wondering is that is it possible for someone to custom an SoA into a litter that has already grown past the cub stage IF he or she acquires the slot through normal customs (NOT extra litter slots)?  

Dr_jelly

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:49 pm
If it's acquired through normal custom slots, yes. I'm not sure if it would be allowed once the litter has already reached adult, but there have been cases of people customing in juves and adols into litters.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:59 pm
Thank you! <3

By the way, Ekundayo is adorable. ^o^  

Dr_jelly

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Oh, alrighty. Thanks, Fel. :3

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games