Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iszi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:34 pm
Hello, I'm Iszi.
I'm 17 and a senior in high school.
Alongside being a horrible speller, I have never been taught proper punctuation.
So, consequently, I am now obsessed with spell-checking and getting my punctuation reasonably correct.
I can be snarky or I can be scathing; I can be flirty or a bit obtuse...
I'm a very thoughtful person, so my comments and posts can be quite long, though not necessarily boring. Even so, I don't post all the time, simply because it takes me so long to write something to my satisfaction.
Gee-wiz, look'it that. I'm writing too much again. If you actually want to know more, just check out my page or there is a link to my myspace on there too.
Laterz, yo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:00 pm
Hello people. I'm 24 years old living in Sweden. Just recently took up my old Gaia account that I created years ago.

Nice meeting you all 3nodding

/Sunnie  

Sunnie

[Rallion]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:15 am
Uhh... Hi. I'm new to this guild, obviously.
I'm sixteen years of age and live in New Zealand.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:29 pm
Hi there, I'm Maru. I'm 15 years old. I recovered from the dreaded txt spk disease when I was 11.

I'm in an Honors English class where people are still trying to tell me "a lot" is one word. sweatdrop

I'm glad I'm not one of the only people in the vast expanse of the internets that thinks grammar and spelling are important, no matter who you're writing to or where you're writing. My grammar is far from perfect, but at least I make an effort instead of just using "it's the internet" as an excuse. Dictionary.com is my best friend. I use it almost daily.

(Uh, well, cell phones are an exception I suppose, because greedy companies charge you $251544 per freaking letter.)

Anyway, I enjoy reading books, drawing, and working on my gamer's tan (in other words I'm in front of a screen 24/7. *loser*). At school I'm the so-called "smart kid" everyone brings their essays to for proofreading. I'm actually dumb as a post most of the time. Don't let the glasses fool you.

So like, yeah.

Hi, people.  

MaruMaruMaru

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:35 am
Darkness Is My Lifes Blood

Hello I'm The Vampire Ruler I'm 17 and if you must know my orientation I'm straight I misspell a few words, and miss a few commas but that never KILLED anyone right? right?! anyways moving on. I'm cuban by birth and I live in florida if you have ANY questions feel free to PM me I love random PM's.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:42 am
Hi, I'm Lee.
I'm newly 16 and living in the large country of Canada. I'm in all honours classes, and completely detest 'txt spk'. I love sports and reading, as well as my friends.  

orochi-chan-x

DNA_Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:11 pm
Hi I'm Scott, I'm 18, Australian and I'm doing a Linguistics major at University.

Needless to say I'm fairly knowledgeable about the topic of language and it's usage. I may have only studied this for a year thus far but I'm sure I'll still be able to contribute something or another due to my studies.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:08 pm
Hello everyone! I'm Hoshi, but you can call my Chai or Xianghua. I'm 17 and in my 3rd year of highschool. When I'm at school I'm quiet and a little jumpy because I hate being in crowds. >.> Around my friends its the oppisite, and I mean oppisite. =D I'm usually loud, cheery, and optimistic but lets face it, everyone has their days! If you want to find out more about me just check out my profile.

Note:If I ask about something that sounds pretty stupid about gaia, its because I'm completely new to the new layout! This is a new account, my old account I haven't used in awhile. If you want to look it up here's the username but it isn't much: AbbyLeeAndersons.  

ooChaiooXianghuaoo

Kayezt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:34 pm
So many long introductions. I guess I'd better not break the trend. I'm Kayezt, improvisational extrordinaire, especially when it comes to food. I'm 20 now, working at a book store and renting my parents basement. As far as personality goes, nobody's ever really told me how they see me, so I'll have to go with quiet unless I feel I need to point something out.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:57 am
Since everyone else is doing it . . .

I'm Niminue. I'm twenty-one and studying to become a history teacher, because my obsession with punctuation is only rivaled by my obsession with the American Revolutionary War. I work at my campus writing center helping coax decent writing and punctuation out of people – an arduous task, sometimes.

I can be a little on the snarky side, but I swear I don't bite.  

Niminue

Dusti_Love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:29 pm
Greetings, everyone! My name is Dusti, I'm twenty-seven and a single parent of a beautiful three-year old son named Sage. I hold an AA in Literature and I'm currently working on my BA majoring in English/Communications. I'm a published writer with a multitude of poems under my belt, as well as one essay. Besides the written arts, I have a huge karaoke addiction! I've also done my time as a break dancer, songwriter, rave organizer and tutor. I'm into just about everything! I love meeting new people and am very open minded.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:14 pm
First off, before the introductions start, i'd like to thank everyone for allowing me to be a part of this guild. ^_^ Thank you all!

So, shall we? My name is Josh, but please, call me Vance. Since, well, it's the only thing i've been known as on the internet. sweatdrop Anyways! I'm seventeen, and I am currently a senior in high school. I enjoy playing videogames, and roleplaying online, usually in a chat-room style setting. (Mainly in a game called "Morning Star Inn" on a website called BYOND. 3nodding ) I haven't really roleplayed much in a forum before, but, i'm sure I could give it a go. I'm totally in love with my girlfriend, who also happens to play Gaia. I misspell words sometimes, mainly because of typos. (I only type with two fingers per hand on average. ._.)

I tend to be shy sometimes, but, not usually on the internet. My personality tends to differ from mood to mood, but I mainly stay happy and calm. I'm pretty laid-back, too. Um. I feel like i'm rambling on and on, so, I'll just close this up by saying that I hope to meet a lot of new friends here!

Vance  

Vance Dulahan

sixfiftyeight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:33 pm
*waves* Hello! I'm Michelle, I'm 22 years old and I am a grammar nerd.

I'm in my fourth year of University studying English Literature and Linguistics, so I really do love everything about the English language (except adverbs... I have irrational adverb hate). I sometimes have to restrain myself from correcting spelling, even though I know it would make me happier, I would just look like a psycho grammar nazi to everyone else wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:53 pm
Hey! I'm Jinx.
I am 17, I go to Academic Magnet, so I take (at the very least) all honors classes. I'm currently in A.P. English and my teacher just told us, that 'alright' is not a REAL word. Apparently it is just colloquial, and in essays we need to write 'all right.' Ha ha, so apparently I do need help in the grammar world. Especially when I forget to capitalize my I's.
Aside from that, I love grammar, and language. It is such a cool tool! That's why I hate it when people are Iming me 'hi hv u dun ur APUSH hmwk?' and I am forced to reply "Dear sir, you do not share the same A.P. U.S. History teacher as I do, and therefor, not the same homework. Please avoid that homework tonight, and move on to your English homework, as I believe that will help you much more."

<3
Jinx  

JinxLovesRHPS

Vance Dulahan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:12 am
JinxLovesRHPS
Hey! I'm Jinx.
I am 17, I go to Academic Magnet, so I take (at the very least) all honors classes. I'm currently in A.P. English and my teacher just told us, that 'alright' is not a REAL word. Apparently it is just colloquial, and in essays we need to write 'all right.' Ha ha, so apparently I do need help in the grammar world. Especially when I forget to capitalize my I's.
Aside from that, I love grammar, and language. It is such a cool tool! That's why I hate it when people are Iming me 'hi hv u dun ur APUSH hmwk?' and I am forced to reply "Dear sir, you do not share the same A.P. U.S. History teacher as I do, and therefor, not the same homework. Please avoid that homework tonight, and move on to your English homework, as I believe that will help you much more."

<3
Jinx
If I may be so bold to say; You are so full of win-ness...ness. If that's even a word. First off, Rocky Horror Picture Show is grand. <3 Second, so is Queen. ^_^b Nice to meet you!  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games