Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Reticence

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:20 pm
At least YouTube has the full Japanese versions still. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:11 pm
American companies have to p***y down everything for the consumers because there are too many parents who care to damn much!!!!So America has ruined Naruto and whore out the idea and everything to other companies  

puzzleman

M.C~lightning-edge~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:36 am
I have one thing to say............

BELIEVE IT!!! stressed If I hear that one more time I will kill myself or someone else. Be warned. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:30 pm
yes they did  

gdhfsgkjdfnsufksja

Otakugyrl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:06 pm
The minority, once again.

While there is some things removed in it up to this point, I still find the dub to be doing a really good job. Most of the voices fit/work - especially considering what it could be. The acting is well done (or fairly well done in some cases) and from watching a few of the Japanese episodes as well, most of the dialogue remains the same or very, very similar - altered (mostly) within reason.

Of course this is just my opinion. I like it and hope that they continue to dub it.

They could have edited a lot more, too. Not to say that they should have taken out what they did, but in comparison to other shows, they didn't take "all that much" out.

At least nothing compared to what I've seen of Germany's version. Ouch.

As it is, though, I will still watch the original episodes when I can as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:08 pm
Reticence
I think its been said that its more of a disappointment if you were
originally a fan of the Japanese version.

Otherwise, Im sure we would all be fine with it. XD

... I think this makes absolute sense! As it does with most things people favour first...

Thanks for saying this!

Otakugyrl

puzzleman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:12 pm
Reticence

@Fantasy: I knew you didnt like it. I hear about it every day at school... x3~
(Not that it is a bad thing or something. I just think its funny how... There's an echo) xD

Bam sucks,oh and the states screws around with everything so nothing is clean anymore  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:03 am
They ruined it by ofit the s here thought by dubbing it.  

Terra9

NachoDude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:25 pm
i had all my friends over when it debued (sp?) and we were laughing the whole time at how they pronounced somethings. i have no real problem with the dub, but whenever i watch it i find myself either just watching halfway through and stopping or skipping to parts. however, us naruto fans should be thankful for what we have and be glad it's not like what was done to one piece by *shudder*...4kids...(they destroyed Yu-Gi-Oh!, Shaman King, and now One Piece! at least they arent making anymore episodes...)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:43 pm
nintendonerd
ninja I aggree completly. As they began pronouncing many things wrong I almost broke my TV. And then Naruto pronounced Chakara Kat-tra, and I was outraged up until the point where the Hokage's son corrected him. Then I almost pissed myself laughing, becuase I was getting so worked up over it.

And heres something fun to do. Count how many times Naruto says "Believe it!" ninja

Well actually if he didn't say that his lips would just be moving with no sound.  

Samurai Senel

nintendonerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:48 pm
Puma D. John
nintendonerd
ninja I aggree completly. As they began pronouncing many things wrong I almost broke my TV. And then Naruto pronounced Chakara Kat-tra, and I was outraged up until the point where the Hokage's son corrected him. Then I almost pissed myself laughing, becuase I was getting so worked up over it.

And heres something fun to do. Count how many times Naruto says "Believe it!" ninja

Well actually if he didn't say that his lips would just be moving with no sound.
I'd MUCH rather have that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:39 am
I personally do not mind the dub. Any anime that gets aired on Toonami daytime normally gets iffy imo (no offense but I hated Maguzi ever since I lost cable and got it back to find that replace Toonami mad lol). I love the phrase "BELIEVE IT," I get to annoy all my friends with it and they threaten to blow torch me ninja ... I do prefer the sub though (thank goodness ep 217 is coming :0) ). Anywho the voices just gets a while to get use too, at least it wasn't too horrible like the SailorMoon dub... I remember going to a site which shows all that was censored, and it was hilarious reading all the feedback. xp  

Blissful Oblivion

FinalFantasii_Boi01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:10 pm
Well, no matter what people say, everyone has to admit the dub has made Naruto.....less of what it truly is. Plus the fact now that the dub is out, a million band wagon fan boys are walking around saying believe it.....not cool  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:34 am
Amen man! Although I haven’t read the actual manga, the Japanese version is way better. They totally killed some voices, especially ero-sennions. Not to mention Naruto’s retarded and annoying voice.  

Purity Uchiha

Reticence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:19 pm
puzzleman
Bam sucks

I smell personal attack.
And its a very comfortable shirt.

I really dont even know BAM well.

XD

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items