Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mibelle26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 am
User ImageSo I purchased the 30 day shred video from Video on Demand on Amazon. Gonna give it a try today. It was recommended to me by another online friend and when I read the reviews they were all very good. Hopefully It works out well, if not Im gonna order more tae bo videos because those worked for me last time I lost weight. Ive been staying on track though with watching what I eat and all. Hope everyone is hanging in there! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:49 pm
I'm 5'8 and weigh 210 pounds. I am planning to cosplay for san japan, which is in five months. I am starting my diet tomorrow because it all became a reality that I wil be cosplaying as skinny toned people when I noticed I had almost the whole outfit complete and saw PUDGE gonk
I plan to lose at LEAST 40lbs(hopefully more) by then so I am going to start trying more healthy habits. This is a mini checklist so I can keep myself on the right track

NO MORE SWEETS!
No more than 1 soda a week only if there are no other liquids around!
At least one hour of exercise a day.
If it is an option, WALK instead of drive.
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!
Check out the calories for once
Try not to eat after 6p.m.
Don't give up, think about how awesome I will look! XP

Fang253

6,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:31 pm
Holy moley!! Thread got even MORE popular!!

Anywho, down to business!!

Goal: 120

Current Weight: 135

I'm trying not to fall back into my, ahem, "bad habits" and lose my weight in a healthy way.

I've been keeping a food journal, listing the things i ate that day. I find writing out what i've eaten makes me think about it more. If it sounds like a lot, it most likely was. If it doesn't sound like enough, it probably wasn't.

Dance is getting a bit more intense, making me sweat more and more each class! Yeah!!

I'm taking a conditioning class and i suggest the Turbo Jam videos for anyone who's looking to gain muscle. My obliques and abs were so sore after, but i knew i worked hard 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 am
DattebayoPrincess

I'm trying not to fall back into my, ahem, "bad habits" and lose my weight in a healthy way.

I've been keeping a food journal, listing the things i ate that day. I find writing out what i've eaten makes me think about it more. If it sounds like a lot, it most likely was. If it doesn't sound like enough, it probably wasn't.

Dance is getting a bit more intense, making me sweat more and more each class! Yeah!!

I'm taking a conditioning class and i suggest the Turbo Jam videos for anyone who's looking to gain muscle. My obliques and abs were so sore after, but i knew i worked hard 3nodding

Looks like we are at the same starting weight and have the same goal. Im at 136 and hoping to get to 120. I wont complain though if I lost a little more. smile  

Mibelle26

TheQueenQuinn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 pm
This is a really clever idea!!!

I too am trying to loose weight for cosplaying and even build me self-confidence for myself.

So in order to get to my dream weight of 125, which I've totally lost, I will cut all junk foods and drinks.
I must also withhold myself from eating so much bread...which is hard. TwT

Just bought a tredmil recently, so I'll finelly clean the clothes I have piled on it to actually use it for excercise! XD

Me and my girlfriend, both, will work out together and get to do the Vocaloid cosplay we've wanted to do for so long!!!
(Vocaloid Teto and Ted)

So I will update when I can of my accomplishments and hope to achieve my goal with the help and support of my fellow Gaians and cosplayers alike!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 pm
Mibelle26
DattebayoPrincess

Looks like we are at the same starting weight and have the same goal. Im at 136 and hoping to get to 120. I wont complain though if I lost a little more. smile

Neither would i!!
How tall are you? Height is a factor in the whole weight distribution thing, as you probably know. (I'm 5'6 3nodding )  

FreakingCosmicKid

Mibelle26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:31 pm
DattebayoPrincess
Mibelle26
DattebayoPrincess

Neither would i!!
How tall are you? Height is a factor in the whole weight distribution thing, as you probably know. (I'm 5'6 3nodding )

I'm 5'3. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 am
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

Alrighty, quick update on my progress:

Although the convention passed, I'm still holding myself to the same goals I had beforehand (since I didn't quite reach them in time for the convention, but it worked itself out anyhow). I do think I'm making at least a little progress, as I ordered my dress about 1/2 an inch smaller than my waist (since it was an awkward between inches size) and there was actually a tiny bit of extra room when I wore it~!

I think my biggest issue is the fact that I don't sleep and have no regular schedule, really. I stay up all night trying to finish homework and I'm too susceptible to spur of the moment things, derailing my plans. I need to fix this~ It doesn't help I'm extremely easy to persuade and my friends are very spontaneous. D;

If anyone has any help on resisting persuasive friends, I know it doesn't sound related but it is~! A regular schedule will help me sleep, which helps me regulate weight better and do more things~

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Stegsie

Tiny Friend

12,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100

AprilFR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:29 pm
I'm gonna join in too :]
Support is always nice.

I'm looking to lose about 15 lbs.
Gotta get on a proper eating schedule and cut back
on breads and eat more veggies and fruits.

Unfortunately, I can't start my diet until the middle of
April because as of now, I eat what's given to me Dx

However, I do exercise about 4 times a week for 20-30
minutes. I can only do light impact exercise. I either get
light headed and faint or some of my joints hurt.
I sound old, but I'm only 20, LOL.
But at least I'm flexible :b I like stretching.

But this summer when I move I'll be walking and jogging
around my new neighborhood. I know it'll be good for me.
But yeah, I don't trust my current neighborhood so that's
why I'm not doing that yet.

The con is at the end of July so I hope I at least lose 10 lbs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:36 pm
------- UPDATE ---------
haven't had any sweets in 2 weeks ^_^
cut calories from about 3500 a day to 2000 a day
been eating breakfeast everyday
and have been hitting the gym for at least 1 hr 3 times a week =P  

immortalguardian

8,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:31 pm
My diet is working for me so far 3nodding I'm still eating desserts, and apparrently, visably losing weight.

On sunday, my mom asked if I had lost weight. I was totally surprised, because I hadn't been on a diet sticking to a diet for more than a week or two. The cardio I had been doing though, has been toning up my midsection, my thighs, and my butt 4laugh

I'm so glad that this is working, because next saturday I have this swim team awards ceremony that I'll be attending, and I hope to look as good as the other girls will, if not better xD

I'm not usually so much into vanity, but lately the only looks I've been receiving are from toddlers. I'd like people my own age to check me out thank you stare

Anyway, I hope your guys' diets are going well!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:43 pm
This is my weekly update:
I have not had any candy this entire week no matter how much my family tried to make me eat it.
I used to drink a soda for every meal and I only had 3 this entire week.
I have been doing exercises whenever i had time and Im starting to feel sore in all the places i wanna lose weight(AWESOME)

Fang253

6,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sauru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 pm
I'm joining this...

Height :: 5'2 1/2"
Current Weight :: 13O lbs.
Goal Weight :: 12O lbs.
Unsuccessful things :: Cutting out sweets, cutting out chocolate, cutting out carbs, lowering my red meat intake, and The South Beach Diet
-- all of these didn't prove helpful and I gained weight because I ate more of something else in the end
Successful things :: Running & strictly yogurt lunch
Build :: Athletic
I'm more or less trying to get in shape than really lose weight. xD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:16 am
Gah... alright... Here I go T.T;;
Height::5,3
Weight::217
Goal by Comic Con((late July))::At least 160
Plan::My mum works for Jenny Craig and gets quite a bit of food, often. I plan on sticking strictly to that, adding a fruit/Veggie to every meal and eating something lightweight every 3-5 hours up until 7 at which I stop for the night. I'll be keeping a food journal and a workout journal, seperately, because I plan on excercising at least once every other day.

Why I decided to do this::For the past 3 months, I've been prepping for Comic Con ((Dressing as Itachi from Naruto)) and got everything except for the shoes. I go to get a Medium... the shoe size is perfect but the sock doesn't fit around my calf. I get an X-Large just to be safe and the shoe size is 3 times too big while the sock still doesn't fit. -.- It doesn't go higher than that and there are no other sellers on ebay or.. anywhere else I look for that matter. ((Besides Milanoo but.. I don't know what the lengths and such are and cant seem to find out -.-))  

Gothic Yaoi Supporter

Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces