Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Kaiba Seto Guild
Shipping names: Name the nameless here. TAKING SUGGESTIONS! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:57 pm
Well don't post the picture. >_> Just be civil. On your own time, whatever you feel like.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:10 pm

0.0...wow...I didn't mean for that to happen. I meant bringing up how the pairing has two names..not what happens in the pairing sweatdrop . Its just a example to show that a pairing can have two names and not just one so we could keep our name for Kisara/Seto along with the dreaded blueshipping. And I would not boot you from the guild cause you drew a anti picture gonk .

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:14 pm
xD yeah, but you'd boot me if I ranted as often as I'd like gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:36 am
Delete post powers. >_>;  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:50 pm

No I wouldn't, its your opinion. I'm a big ranter so rant on if you wish, just heres not the place to do it. I find this forum to be a place of equality. I mean, even if I hated the pairing and the thought of it, I would still try to think of a name for it.

Thats why I did not know why my thoughts of Baku and Seto offended some. I mean, I offended you and all, yet you think Tabloid is illogical. Their all kind of illogical though, the only one that I thought was canon was Priest Seth and Kisara. The others are all a fantasy, I just tend to base my pairings of their personalities and interactions with each other. Others find pairings in different matters.

Sorry, Im quiet into our constitutional right to freedom of speech, I live by it a lot, so I would never kick you out for exercising your right. Now if it cause a huge problem in the guild thats a different story. But as long as it does not cause discomfort in the guild then I dont mind. If people dont like it they dont have to read what you post. But I dont want fights. So usually it would be best not to talk about setos sexuality or pairings unless its in the proper subfourm so others can avoid it if they wish. But I just perfer if we all remained open minded, even to pairings we dislike. That way everyone is happy and has nothing against the other.

So all and all, if you want to debate or rant, send a PM if you wish. But only if the other person wants to debate with you. I just want peace in the guild, as long as thats there, Im cool with what others have to say.

Sorry that was so long, I just dont want people to get a bad impression of me. I am rather open minded and I dont want people thinking I will kick them out cause they dont think tabloidshipping is good sweatdrop Hope Im not that bad...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:09 pm
I didn't think that you'd kick me out fo the guild for not liking it, but kicking me out for not accepting it and instead actively disliking it. I understand that the guild is a place where we can and should all be open minded to others' opinions and ideas, but isn't disliking a pairing an opinion? I don't think that anyone needs to be open to anyone else's pairing. Yes, they can ignore it, but I believe it is wrong to try to get someone to try and be open to a pairing they abhor.

Also, when you say that you " base my pairings of their personalities and interactions with each other. Others find pairings in different matters. " I feel like you're trying to imply that the basis of the pairings I like are the mere looks and stand-alone personalities of the characters in question. Both, if not the first, of those bases are frivilous, and, before I take offence, I think it would be better to say right now how your words make me feel. And just as a note to prove that wrong, I too base my pairings off of the character's personalities and their interactions with each other. Again, I dislike that your words imply that I do not, and that "your" method is " a better way" than mine. Again, that is only the way I feel while reading it; I take into account that it may have not been your intent.

But anyways, onto my reasoning: The sheer lack of interaction between Seto and Bakura actually works in the favour of the pairing: One less character interaction is one less person Seto dislikes. If Seto, who is quick to dislike people, (as we all know) doesn't interact much with a character in question, like he does Bakura, the likeliness of the pairing will go up to (a certain degree). This logic only works when the character Seto has not interacted with has had some degree of interaction with him, (after all, if there is no interaction, you can't say that Seto knows the other character exists).

I'm still trying to find a better, more sensical way to word the theory, but I'm MS Wording a document on pairing theories (I have no life) and fandom hiearchies (see previous parenthesies), so it'll be gotten around to eventually.  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:24 pm

Well Im sorry if I do offend you, I dont mean to. My way is no better then others. And your right, you dont have to accept, guess that was my wrong choice of words. Ignoring it is fine, and just like Death not liking shounen-ai pairings, you dont have to accept them. No way is a good way to make a pairing, thats why I say thats how I see it, and its not always how others may. Thats just the way I do things, Im not into pairing people together who dont know each other, but thats just me, and its not the only way. But its true that things can be different when people actually get to know others. Sometimes I pair people who dont know each other well, but just not as often.

And my main reason for not liking Seto and Bakura is because Bakura was always indangering Mokuba. Bakura isnt the nicest guy, and I feel that once anyone messes with Setos brother, you will never get him to like you. Even not as a pairing, Mokuba means the world to Seto, and Bakura has hurt him far to often. Seto and Ryou on the other hand I believe could work. He doesnt know him, but Ryou is kind and open and could really open up Seto a great deal. Bakura just made one to many attempts to Mokuba for him to win Setos heart. But thats all what I believe and I dont think any other way is wrong. Heck there could be hints I missed. I just feel personally that once people screw with Mokuba, he would not give his heart to that person.

I try to keep on open mind, I really am an openminded person. Thats just why I disagree with the pairing myself. Others have thier views and its righ t for them in there eyes. And all of that is fine, I may not think that they make a good couple, but Im not god, my word is not the law of the world. I just want the guild to live and let live, and tolerate one anothers views. I want us all to like each other or at least be okay with everyone. Cause I love all the people in the guild, and I dont want anyone to think bad of me. So I hope you understand waht I mean. All in all, Im not god, I dont believe my words are the right way and I am fine to anyones views.

And I really hope not others think that I would ban them cause of their views. You can actively dislike it to your hearts content. Its your right to your freedom of speech and I am not one to take it away. It hurts me a little that people think that I would ban them because of something like that...I like people as people..not for what pairings they like on an anime..come on thats just shallow. I have a really good friend who I love dearly that hates shounen-ai and Yaoi, she bleeds hate for it. She accepts boys togther in general, but she does not like it or think its right. But I love her to death and she loves me greatly, were good friends heart So I hope that makes people believe Im not closed minded, cause thinking Im like that really hurts me.

And I hope that is that, like I said I did not want to fight about this stuff. You like what you like and I will like what I like and same with dislike. I want the guild to be at peace and so Im dropping it. Summary: Im not closed minded, hope you all see that. Im not god, you have your own say. Being a good person is not based on pairing fancies. No way is the right way in voices of opinions. And I hope you all like me just like I like all of you heart And thats all from me. Now to remain on topic we should look for anymore nameless pairings.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:27 pm
Kaiba, Inu is a very loving and caring person. She wouldn't ever be as closeminded as to kick someone out of a guild for their contrary beliefs, no matter how stupid or whatever they MIGHT seem to her.

She's is not going to kick anyone out of the guild because they simply cannot stand tabloidshipping and are puking into drywall buckets every time they hear an implication of it let alone see the word.

This guild is about Seto. Not Seto and Mokuba together. She knows that... do you?

Just cut her some slack and stop misunderstanding her for the worse. Just sit back and realize that if you make a thread expressing how you don't like it, she isn't going to be discriminatory and lock it, delete it, and kick you out.

(In my own oppinion though? I don't want to see you flaming anyone or anything. Make sure you back up any oppinions of yours or I'll come after you with tabloidshipping pictures, demanding to know whats wrong with it. ;o)  

Strawberry Pocky Parade

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:36 pm

Yes I know that, and I love Seto and Mokuba..not together as well. I love them as just brothers too, and I am a huge Mokie fan whee

And dont threat too much alright Chloie. Im glad you dont think Im closeminded and all, but I dont want to piss Kaiba off so much she leaves her own will. I love Kaiba-chan just like I love everyone else in this guild, even though I dunno how much she may like me sweatdrop Not to put words in your mouth Kaiba. I just suggest no flamming unless you give an opinion in the appropriate forum, negative or positive.

I will even try to stop as well, but the whole thing I brought up about tabloidshipping in here was not for them as a pairing, just for their name. I have been tyring hard to refrain from saying what I feel after the whole shipping picture insident and I have been doing alright. This was only to help this forum with names, if any other pairing had two names, I would have brought them up. But I did not know any other pairing with two names.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm
wow. good insight, Inu. As soon as I read what Chloie wrote, I was seriously thinking about leaving. If I'm gonna get threatened, and wrongly at that, ( like I don't back up my opinions. they're all over the place in other threads stare ) then I don't think I should hang around. I'm gonna take a few-month hiatus. I don't want to be threatened, pestered, or flamed by Chloie just because she thinks I'm too much of a single-minded b***h to know how to back up my thoughts.  

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Strawberry Pocky Parade

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:01 pm
I wasn't trying to threaten you Kaiba. I have no idea who you are. There are some people out there who would be an a** and do that[--make a thread without backing up their oppinions while taking a strong stance on a subject and denying the possibility that they're wrong]. I'm sorry to say that I had no idea if you were one of them or not. You're telling me that you're not. I apologize then, for making you feel uncomfortable and for the missunderstanding. I hope that if you do take a month off from gaia, it isn't because of me alone. However, if you want to take however long off, you need to feel free to do that because it is your choice alone to make.

Again, I apologize for making you uncomfortable. I repeat that I don't know you and I don't have any sort of opinion of you. I don't think that you're a 'single-minded b***h,' and I never said that you were because..well...that is simply not what I think.

I thank you though, for displaying that you truly are a good person by not attacking me as I unintentionally attacked you. You're right: I came on too strong. That was my own folly. I'd like you to know that I'm not going to flame anyone--and that anyone includes you.

Again, I'm very sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:42 pm
Er, I'm not really a part of this conversation, but I do have a message from D-chan to pass on.

SoulessNostalgia: =0 oh, I officially left the guild. can you tell the peeps for me that I'll be back in May?
SoulessNostalgia: tell them that I'll miss them and I still want to b involved in stuff when I get back. don't spite me and give Chloie my mod position or something ;_;
SoulessNostalgia: and tell Death-chan I wanna keep in contact through PMS <3

So yeah. sweatdrop  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:25 pm
PMS, heheh...

But May is entirely too far away! Blast, I shall have to make some giftart for her for Christmas...

Though I am rather questioning some of the contents of this thread... Obviously there have been breakdowns in communication, which is regretable seeing as this guild has been so good about coopreration and respectful of opinions. Example: Anyone who knows me knows EXACTLY what I can't stand, but I realize that other people will totally disagree no matter how kindly or crudely I state my opinion. Mutual respect can be good.

So I'm kind of wondering if we should restart this thing with better balanced post regulations, or if we should leave it as "I'll remember next time..."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:27 pm
I was actually wondering if we should post better restrictions and regulations in the rules overall. And if another matter like this happen again (I pray it won't) how to go about solving the matter. Banning is about the only thing I can think we have power for, but maybe if you fine the person who commited the "crime" it might work. I just don't know where the fine would go.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Strawberry Pocky Parade

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:02 pm
That sounds like a spiffy idea, Jagged. Perhaps you could have offenders make a "tribute" to the guild via donation button. Then, the guild would bennefit from it, and not just one person. The gold could be used to fund future things... not only subforums but perhaps things that gaia administration will release in the furure to make the guilds even more spiffy.

Just for the record though, I really didn't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not combative by nature.  
The Official Kaiba Seto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games