Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katagonia

Sinuous Goat

37,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm
User Image

Ariya Denari

Ariya cautiously sat down at the table, looking around. It made her slightly uncomfortable to be in the Slytherin house. Usually, it was for pure-bloods - she was muggle-born, not that anyone there knew that. To say she was nervous to meet the others would be an understatement. She had been hoping for Ravenclaw, but . . . Oh, well. She couldn't pick her own house, of course. Sitting up a little straighter, she examined those around her.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin hissed. "Shin Sever, a pleasure to make your acquaintance" he said, briefly looking up. His scar flashing red. He held out one hand, a slight bow of his head. "And you are?" he asked, his demeanor cold like most in his family, but his manner there. He saw a girl sit down. She did not look pure blood by her body language. Infact..she seemed half-blood or...muggle born.

~

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin

User Image

Roisin made her way gracefully to the Slytherin table. No disgrace for her family or her brothers there. Perhaps they had wanted her to attend Drumstrung out of brotherly protection, but the noble House of Slytherin was better. Sometimes Drumstrung allowed in lesser quality that mingled with their betters.

Once at the table, Roisin nodded to the two older students nearest to her, a girl of questionable character, and sat next to the rather interesting boy, a fellow first year that seemed to prefer to keep to himself. Definitely worth knowing. Although, Roisin had always been taught a lady never makes an introduction, she thought this time was appropriate to break those rules. After all, what would happen if she left it up to others? They'd be quite happy in silence, and alliances would rarely be made. At least that's what her governess had taught her.
"Good evening, gentlemen. I am Roisin O'Brennan." She looked at them and waited.

((OOC: So we all know: I officially hate this meowbook April Fool's thing. almeow= a l t h o u g h. Grrrrr!))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 pm

User Image

Dante knew where Charon had been going with his conversation and was thankful that he was pulled away by the arrival of the first years. He didn't want to dwell on that thought now. This year was supposed to be better for him because Rose was finally here and that is all he wanted to focus on.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:33 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin groaned, extending his hand. "Shin Sever, a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss OBrennan. My mother told me you would be attending Drumstrung. So glad she was mistaken" He said, trying to be polite.

Mannerisms had never been Shins fortay. But he was making an effort, as this evident by his overly enthusiastically long reply. For him, as was already evident on his face talking was something that he preferred not to do. But, he would not be rude, especially to someone of this ladies social standing. She was his equal, not his inferior. He would not shame his mother by being rude to Slytherin woman.

~

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

==== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ====

Justin sat down at the Slytherin Table, He was not even acknowledging any of the other members in the house. Great now I have to put up with annoying first years he thought. He scanned the table and saw quite a few new faces

==== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ====

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:56 pm
User Image

Stella nervously walked away from the hat and sat down at the Slytherin table, which was cheering for her. She had been so certain she would get Ravenclaw; inside, she was fuming at the fact that she wouldn't be spending the next seven years with magical Britain's best and brightest. But then, she remembered something from her history books - that Hermione Granger had been a Gryffindor, and Severus Snape had been a Slytherin. They were two of the brightest people Hogwarts produced, and they wound up in other houses. Surely, Slytherin would not be devoid of brains. It did not do much to reassure her, though.

She sheepishly sat down, and then she stopped herself. Estella Forsyth was NOT sheepish. She took a deep breath and introduced herself: "I'm Estella Forsyth, but you can call me Stella. Um... I guess I expected Ravenclaw, but I'm happy to be here anyway!" Maybe if she told it to herself enough times, it would become true.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:09 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin

User Image

Roisin smirked at Sever's attempt. At least he tried. She understood he loathed girls for his own reasonings. She shook his hand, brief as her brothers had told her much about many of the boys in attendance here at Hogwarts. Shin Sever didn't like to be touched. "There is no need to lie, Sever. I know you are not altogether happy to address me or any other of my gender. But alliances are important beyond genders. I'm surprised your mother didn't tell you sooner that I was attending. Though my brothers were debated with my father and mother well into the summer, they decided they'd prefer me to be closer than Drumstrung. It especially annoyed Belenus to no end. How is your family? I believe mother had lunch with your mother a few weeks ago."

Roisin placed some food onto her plate and watched as Rebecca was sorted into Ravenclaw; she joined their table. Roisin smiled, thankful the girl didn't need up in Gryffindor. There would be no way she'd socializing with her then. Quite the distasteful lot. She gave a polite glance at Sever to show he still had her attention, that she was only watching others as they went. She noted the older students, but only gave polite nods to a few, refusing to work for any kind of introduction or even a greeting. Alliances with them weren't that important. At least not right now.  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:30 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin staired. This woman was smart, but he was more sly. "Tell me Miss, what is so benifital about an alliance with your self?" He asked. He knew what he had to offer. His family was grate in potions and had one of the largest potions libraries in privet collections. Also his brothers both were willing to send him things. Any thing, they loved him that way.

"My mother does not talk to me all that much. Remember, I do not like her gender" He said, a truly slytherin glare on his face. His fingers tapping. This was a common test. He wanted the alliance, but the Severs never just jumped in. They had never had a non slytherin head of family. The only griffindor member of his ancestry had mysteriously died.... Horribly.

~

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Charon chuckled as more first years appeared an already problems were happening. "Welcome first years to Slytherin. My name is Charon Gaunt, this boy next to me is Dante Prince. We're both third years. And in case you were wondering this beauty around my neck's name is Etheris. Kindly don't touch her without permission, she can be very fussy about that." He said with a playful smile and tone. Call it instince but he knew one of the girls was very uncomfortable about being here. Several ideas why came to mind but none of them mattered at the moment. He shook Shin's hand when he held it out but it was brief. The scar didn't bother him, believe it or not he'd seen worse. "Although I do hope you two aren't fighting already. Dispite popular belief we don't turn instantly on each other in this house." He questioned lightly. He was not putting up with arguing first years a second time in a row.

Don't you wanna go for a ride?
Just keep your hands inside
And most the most out of life
Now don't you take if for granted

Life is like a mean machine
It made a mess outta me
It left me caught between
Like an angry dream I was stranded
I was stranded

And I'm steady but I'm starting to shake
And I don't know how much more I can take

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:39 pm
User Image

Stella got some waves from others at the table, but most of the people at the Slytherin table seemed sullen, disinterested. Those who weren't had already found their friends, it seems. A couple of first years near her were talking about alliances, family connections and gender roles. Stella rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe anyone still believed in that stuff in the 21st century.

A lot of the students seemed to come from old pureblood families. While she didn't know much about Hogwarts, Stella had expected this; her mother, who came from an old Italian wizarding family herself, had warned Stella about the "pureblood network" that existed among some families in Britain, especially in Slytherin House - despite the fact that the Second Wizarding War should have done away with blood prejudice. She wasn't intimidated. She knew blood prejudice was stupid, and Stella did not suffer fools.

Instead, Stella looked around for someone else at the table who wasn't having any of this. She saw one timid girl a few chairs away, who had been sorted just before Stella. She nodded at her "Aria, right? If I heard correctly during sorting, that is. It's really nice to meet you! I'm Stella."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 pm
User Image

Then, just as she introduced herself to the other new girl, one of the older students introduced himself. He said his name was Charon and his friend was Dante. Charon had a rather large snake around his neck. She saw several of her classmates taken aback by it, but Stella had always liked reptiles. (Maybe I'm in the right house after all, Stella thought to herself.) "What kind of snake is that?" she said. "She is beautiful. I've always wanted a pet snake."  

Sailor Tralfamadore

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:44 pm

User Image

Dante chuckled lightly at what Charon said. The first years brought no interest to him and in his typical fashion he ignored them. Despite the changes he had undergone the past three years, at least that much had remained the same. As Charon spoke he glanced over at the Ravenclaw table. He felt a tug of jealousy that confused him. Everything about the Ravenclaw confused him. He felt a slight urge to go and speak to him but now was definitely not the time to do that. Perhaps afterward.Slowly he turned back. During this time Dante had a shoulder bag and out of it slithered a sleepy [Maestro]"and this is Maestro. He is not too keen on strangers.So please mind your manners when around him" he said petting the snake gently.

Maestro bowed low to Etheris,"It issss niccce to sssseee you again Etherisssss" he hissed to her after the bow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin

User Image

Roisin smiled at the girl and nodded.
"How do you do, Estella. Stella? Estella? Estella sounds more . . . noble, but Stella, if you wish. Ravenclaw would have made a find second."

Glancing again toward Sever, she sighed. She liked Sever, so she forgave his lapse of memory. Not only did her family thrive and practice in the Dark Arts, each of her brothers, her mother's and her own deja vu were highly accurate, and she inherited her fathers understanding of transfiguration and languages, both ancient and modern, dead and otherwise. "Really, Sever. I have five doting brothers in Drumstrung. Belenus is seventeen. If you have to ask, you're not thinking, you're reacting." Roisin had been raised as a prim and prissy princess. Even her brothers had carefully raised her, or trained her in Roisin's opinion, instead of helping her play. Though thankfully they had seen the logic in teaching her things their parents and her governess had deemed too unladylike, otherwise she'd never be able to do anything for herself. "Why do you think our mothers are in the same social circle? They have something to offer the other. And forgive me. I thought it was you who didn't speak to your mother, not that it was mutual."  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:52 pm
User Image

Dante had a snake as well. "Wow," Stella said. "My parents never let me have snakes. Mum said they were too dangerous. And my sister is afraid of them. Which I don't understand. It's not like Britain has loads of venomous snakes compared to other things!"

Bringing up Dora made Stella sigh. She wondered what her sister was doing in her Muggle school at this very moment. As twins, they had been together forever since the cradle - until Stella got the Hogwarts letter and Dora did not, the latter's hopes of Quidditch stardom dashed. It was so strange to be in school and not have her sister by her side - but also, strangely liberating.

Stella finally decided to address the elephant in the room. "Are you ALL purebloods?" she asked. "Mum comes from an old pureblood family in Venice. The Marcellis. But Dad is a Muggle. Neither one attended Hogwarts, so I have no idea what to expect.  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games