Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Q&A- You got Questions, We got anwsers ^^ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

born2rock16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:21 am
Jezehbelle
You can be in a meditative mind while doing a number of things, so it's not really limited to sitting or laying down. In the mornings, I usually meditate during and after tai chi, for example.

It's more focusing the mind.

Starting out, you might try laying down or sitting up (straight, slouching isn't great, in general, and your back will hurt after a while) and relax, and focus on your breathing. You might have a candle near by to set the mood or as a prop, or focus on the waves of the candle light, or visualize the candle light moving into you, as waves, helping you to relax, or any number of other things you might visualize.

Whether you completely empty your mind or not is up for debate. If you do try to empty your mind, thoughts will surface, and might make your head noisier when you try to focus on not thinking ("Shut up, brain!"), but let them pass. Or you can contemplate on certain matters that come up when you start to meditate. You can resolve issues in your life or figure out dreams that way, or just let things go.

At night, I usually start meditating by turning out the light, closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing and relaxing and becoming aware of my body, as if there were a circling wave slowly going up, starting at my feet, until it reaches just above my head. Usually, important things will surface, along with a few mundane things, but the ones that don't matter, I just let them float on by.
There's literally thousands of different ways to go about it, so feel free to try things out with other methods.

Don't get frusterated if it takes you a while to get the hang of it. When I first started out, it took what seemed a lifetime, but now, it's just a minute or so. Practice makes perfect (or close enough wink ).

Ok, cool!! Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:36 pm
This has been bothering me for a while now...

What is the charge of the God/ddess and what is it used for? Is it part of a ceremonial rite or something else?  

Rioto_Kish

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:38 am
Sorry, I keep asking questions, but I have another question about Shakura.

Last night, I couldn't sleep, so I sat up in bed and tried to meditate/relax at least. I had my eyes closed, and after just a few seconds, I felt a strange sensation, like my limbs were heavier and set in place by my sides. I also felt that there was something/one in front of me, so I opened my eyes and I could see the outline of a man's face staring back at me. I tried to focus on it, to see it better, but it was if the face was 'drawn' in the darkness-I could see the 'lines' but nothing in between, like someone had drawn a face on a black piece of paper with a white pencil. Behind the face were long feathers arranged in a strange fan-like shape.

The face just stared at me with a sort of smile on his face. I kept looking at him, until I shut my eyes again, hoping that if I tried to meditate again and concentrated on the face, he might respond. But when I opened my eyes again, he was gone, though for half a minute or so, it felt like I was still being watched.

I think it might have been Shakura again, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm scared to contact him, because I don't know much about him or the culture of the people who worshipped him, but I don't want to anger him by not doing anything, in case he is coming to me for a reason.

This is the second time he has shown himself to me (first time was on Lammas night in a dream) so I think there must be a reason for it, I just don't know what.

Any advice as to what I should do?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:23 pm
Hello, I'm new to the path and I have a few questions.

First let me tell you a bit about myself:
I have always been a very religious person and it is my strongest moral that spirituality is the key most important thing for a person to have to be happy. I grew up in Logan, Utah; a very small town at the time. I was born into the LDS church (aka: Mormon) and I have a loving mother, 2 younger sisters, and 2 younger brothers. I am the oldest granddaughter on my fathers side, and somewhere in the middle of 500 grandchildren on my mother's side (Yes, I'm serious... 500).

My mother was born catholic, but was innactive. She converted to Mormonism when she was adopted into her mormon family at 16. She was abused much throughout her life and used religion as a lifeline. My mother is my idol, and the most amazing person I know.
I was extremely active as a Mormon, I even led a large number of youth groups throughout my life within this religion. I had never had a bad experience with it until I was 19... I won't go into that.

I left Mormonism 3 years ago now, despite the fact that I know much of what I experienced spiritually was real. I know that all Gods work in magickal ways and I have no doubt that the Mormon God exsists. I also know that he does not hear me. I was also abused in my life and much has happend to let me know that few of my prayers reached this God.

About 1 year ago I felt that I had spent enough time mourning my olde beliefs (something that I felt was necessary considering the amount of devotion I had to that God) and I began exploring alternative paths. The thing I think is most irronic when I look back at this time is that I decided on Paganism the night of Beltaine. I know for a surity that this is something I want to do; I can feel it, and I am ready for it.

Since the time of my apiphany I have burned many candles (that being the most comfortable spell for me right now), done an a** load of research, and improved my life a great deal spiritually. I meditate a lot, and practice empathy and a mind reading of sorts (it's more like I know what people are thinking more than half the time when I'm around them; don't worry, I won't intrude into your private thoughts). I've only ever cast circle once, and I'm sure that I did it wrong, but at the time it was the intention that mattered. I don't want to cast again until I have a support group so that I have a mentor to guide me. I have prayed to the Goddess and felt her spirit around me. She is a lot different from my previous God and it's taken some getting used to.

So here are my questions:
I know that the Goddess goes by many names, I would like to find the aspect of her that most suits me personally. Could I get some suggestions?

My family knows that I am pagan and they all accept me, but they still have misconceptions about much of it. What do I tell them when they ask me for more information? I'm still learning and I don't think I'm the person they should be asking.

I'm ready for more advanced spellwork and worship than just candles. Do you have any suggestions on how I can advance my knowledge and increase my tallents without intruding on someone else's BoS?

Does anyone here live in Utah? Please PM me if you do so we can talk privately... I really need a local social group. I feel so alone here.

I am Native American through my mother's bloodline (Mohawk and Cherokee). I would like to learn more about my ancestors, especially the Moheakan side. If anyone else here is Iroque or one of those 5 tribes (Northern NY area) I would be ecstatic to talk about it.

I want to learn more about herbs and remedies. Please send some suggestions my way that would be good for newbies. What plants are easiest to grow in a desert like Utah?

Thanks everyone for reading this, I know it's long.
-Teshia Lyndall

Edit: Posting this in the main forum.  

serbus

serbus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:25 am
Anyone?

Maybe I should post this in it's own thread...  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games