Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 am
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will smiled. "Well, I hope I can get along with all of them. I mean, if I want to be your friend, I gotta right. I'm willing to at least try." He laid a comforting hand on her arm.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 am
User ImageAlys 'Eel' Kayln Abrams

Alys smiled. "You don't have to.They only come out when I become...ahem...'boring' to them." Thinking for a little bit,she sighed. "I wonder what happened to Moshe. We lost him ages ago." She looked around,looking to find his Kippah waving above the stream of boats.

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 am

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

"It is Turdermill, Tur - der - mill," Charlotte said glaring at Nott. She felt it was her job to defend the man names, after all he had been said to be one of the best chasers around. Snatching up the paper that Nott had tossed, she continued, "not turd-hill He isn't the reason why I like the team, I like them becuase they show true skill and clear out of the box thinking. As for the Harpies, I like them a lot, but I don't know much about them outside of them being an all girl team."

She had wanted to do more research on the Quidditch teams. However she was hadn't the chance, since her Da, as nice as he was, was complete mad when it came to Quidditch. He only preferred two teams, some Southern French quidditch team and the Tutshill. He really didn't open the door way to talk about other teams, she thought remember her attempts to get on to change the conversation to other teams. All I got was a lot of disdain for other teams...this is why serious fans scare me.

"Anyway...I've only seen one practice and game of Quidditch, she said as she played around with the tip of the newspaper. "I still need to observe more games before I make my decision on being a fan of any team..."

She trailed off as she remember that any house she was sorted into would have a house team. This lead to her worry over being sorted at all and even put the thought of whether she could be sorted. Why can't my mind give me a rest, she thought her hands busying themselves by folding the corners of the newspaper in different directions, trying to create a pattern.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 am
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

"I know that Puddlemere United has a huge fan base, but my family has been fans of them from before they had their large winning streak." Alex said, acting proud, with his hands on his hips, striking a pose.

He dropped the act, and relaxed against the edge of the boat. "Well, my dad's really proud of that, so I'm only allowed to root for Puddlemere U. But I do like the Holyhead Harpies. Gwenog Jones is really good. she has a great strength about her."

Drumming his fingers on the rail of the boat, Alex said, "I hope once we're all sorted, we're in the same house, or at least in houses that have classes together." then he remembered that Charlotte wanted to be distracted. He winced. "Oops, sorry Charlotte." he said, laughing a little.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

User Image

User Image
User Image

Charlotte gave a weak smile at Xander as he let slip some of this thoughts. She had been finding it rather hard herself to keep her mind clear. It was worrying, really. No that was a lie, it was worrying. It was excitment, fear, nervousness, joy, and even thinking. Cause my mind never truly turns away from thinking, she thought as she looked down at the parted corners of the newspaper, while out loud she said, "I seem to failing to distract myself. I can't maintain my normal focus...not with all the things that my mind is currently working on."

The feeling of warmth on her shoulder, that seemed to melt through at least some of her churning emotions. The feeling seemed to give her some of her old focus back. Giving Nott a bright smile and then turning it to Xander, she said, "I should have known distractions wouldn't work, I tried all train ride to ignore the coming anxiety. I feed my new owl, I slept, I feed my owl again. She wasn't very fond of the second feeding since she was sleeping, but she still eat...I kinda fear that she would be overly stuffed before we even got to the school. So I went to the trolley and tried to ignore it through munching on chocolate frogs. It has been rather wasteful...in truth. Than I ran through my inventory of quills, inks jars, and parchment."

She rolled her eyes, for her the train seemed to never end between the anxiety and the annoying cabin mates she had. Luckily one had ended, sadly it wasn't the anxiety. However now, in this boat as she let it spill out. She felt her stomach stop clenching in worry, well just a bit. Taking a deep breath, she said,"Well, there I let out some of the nervousness...

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am
User Image

Nott nodded along, giving Charlotte's shoulder a reassuring pat before he released it. "Don't worry about it, Xander. I'm sure that no matter what we talk about, that is where all of our minds are. This waiting is like torture."

"Oh and I understand about family pride with teams. It's my mom that loves the Cannons, so I've been raised to be a fan no matter how the season goes. You know. I think the Cannons go up against Puddlemere in an early game next spring. Perhaps you and I should have a bet on."

Nott wasn't above losing some money in the spirit of defending and supporting his beloved team. As much as he felt like he and Charlotte shared a mind when it came to witty banter, it was nice to have a bloke to talk Quidditch too. Though it seemed that Charlotte was quickly rising in her familiarity with the sport. Of course he didn't believe the bit about Turd-hill not being the reason for her interest in the Tutshills. Tons of girls were crazy for him, though Nott thought the man's head looked a bit like an old potato.

Charlotte was amusing as she rambled on about her worries. But Nott bit back the urge to chuckle. He knew how she felt. He had packed his trunk for school months ago. Then he kept emptying and repacking it. He was dressed and ready to leave before the sun was up this morning and all day he had been dying to get going. Now that they were so close to the school it seemed like time was moving even slower.

"Well there, I let out some of the nervousness..."

Nott smiled, "Yes, you look positively deflated." A soft laugh escaped him. Once again, his eyes were pulled to the school. No matter how many times he looked up at it, each time he saw something different. An atrium or courtyard, a stained glass wind or a parapet that he had not noticed the time before springing out to catch his attention. "I don't believe I have to wait until Christmas for another butterbeer..."

Garden of Wisteria

Alex Teaflower

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 am
Mariella Cross (Bare with the ugly for a few more days... hopefully)

She glanced at the boy next to her and frowned heavily. He seemed to not even for a second, enjoy the ride. It was completely romantic- well, would be if there was only two people. She sighed, she liked hearing the stories of Hogwarts and the chit chat was entirely bothersome but everything else was fantastic. Shivering wasn't her favorite thing but her parents told her shivering helped warm the body up from the contraction and release of the muscles. She glanced once again over at the boy.
"You need to get a haircut." She stated while shivering very badly. "Your hair is falling in your eyes and you could get eye damage if it stays like that." She wrapped her arms around herself. She muttered about her wet leggings and then started to chant an old nursery rhyme her mother always sang to her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 am
♚Malcolm Dundas♚

User Image

Malcolm looked at the girl who just commented on his hair, slightly surprised.
"Pardon?" he mumbled confusingly. He barely knew her and she was already dropping comments around? He noticed the trembling body and arched an eyebrow.
"Would you like my cloak?" he questioned, pointing to the black cloak he bought in Diagon Alley.

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Alex Teaflower

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:53 am
Mariella Cross

"I wouldn't want to be indebted to you... in case you're a Gryffindor... I absolutely LOATHE them." She hissed and then shook her head. "Besides it builds character... and as for your eyes... I only said that because my father used to think that hair cut was fashionable back when he and my mother were dating and he ended up having to get glasses a few years later because his eyes kept getting bothered until they couldn't focus much... or at least that's what they said." She wrapped her arms tighter around herself. "Besides... blond hair looks best short... and it's curious that you have curly hair." She reached out to try and touch it, that hair type always fascinated her, but mostly because she had jet black straight hair. She withdrew her hand quickly and then gave a polite, apologetic smile. "My apologies. I don't see curly hair much." She fidgeted in her seat until she got comfortable and stared at the water. "Beautiful water though." She said quietly.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:57 am
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

"Yeah. I know what Charlotte means when she says that she can't get it off her mind." Xander said. Hogwarts had been all he could think about for the last couple weeks. Now that he was there, he was almost bursting with excitement. He wanted to get inside as soon as possible, but this lake was huge, and the boats moved so slowly.

He wished something exciting would happen, to take their minds off the coming sorting. Like the giant squid making an appearance, or someone falling in. Thankfully, it wasn't raining. It would have been awful to have made this trip in the rain. He could only imagine the misery and embarrassment of walking into the great hall completely soaked, being stared at by all the older kids. That was something he didn't want to happen.

Alex considered Nott's offer for a bet. After a few moments, he said, "I'm willing to bet on the match. How much you want to bet?" He was up to losing a few galleons, but not much more than that. His father would be angry if he bet on a different team than the Puddlemere U, and if they lost, his da wouldn't mind sending him some replacement money. But only if he bet on Puddlemere United.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

Indala shivered again. "Yeah, four generations of my family have been in Slytherin." She frowned. " I couldn't care less however. I am who I am independent of who they say I should be."

Ugh let's not start on that subject, she thought.

"You said that your name is Camille right? It is very pretty," she began absent-mindedly. "Man this lake is starting to give me the creeps. I wish we could just go already. If the students are not here yet, that's their own problem.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm
♚Malcolm Dundas♚

User Image

Malcolm chuckled dryly.
"I doubt I'll be sorted in Gryffindor. All the males in the Dundas family were in Slytherin. A tradition, if you prefer.", he explained with a light shrug before laughing softly with a smirk growing on his lips, "My mother, sister and I have blond, curly hair. I would say that my father's the odd one out.", he let out a chuckle. His parents divorced right after Adèle's birth, but he knew his parents' portraits by heart, as well as his sister's. Mr William Dundas had short brown hair, and tanned skin due to his traveling life. However, Malcolm, Adèle and Mrs Alice Dundas had pale-colored skin, blond curly hair and bright, blue eyes, "I agree. It's due to the moon's reflection." he nodded to the white sphere above them, which was clearly reflected in the black water.

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Rechosia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Glancing out across the water of the lake, Kaera's resolve to forget the past returned to her, ebbing at the remorse that clutched around her heart. As a means of distraction, she looked around, finally noticing the other students that made up her first year class. They seemed like an interesting lot. Then, out of the corner of her eye she caught site of a boat ahead of the one she and Ryn occupied that contained three students who appeared to be deep in a discussion of some sorts. One of them, a boy, and an admiringly attractive boy at that, she noticed momentarily staring in their direction. As she turned to look at the boy he glanced away, unaware that she had noticed. She grinned, turning back towards her cousin.

"So, uh, what classes are you excited about?" she asked Ryn, pulling the cloak tighter around her. "Personally, I can't wait for Defense Against the Dark Arts and Care of Magical Creatures! Oh, and potions. I really hope the professors are nice."

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:15 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

Charlotte gave Nott a 'can nothing reassuring come out of you're mouth look' before turning her attention else where. It appeared that most of they're year mates were happily chatting with each, a clear difference from earlier. They had been overly silent in till somehow they had managed to break the ice. "Comforting to know..." she muttered to herself before turning around in time to hear Nott, smirking she said, "Oh, don't worry. There is tons of nice stuff to drink up at the castle. Plus my dad said, that there are a bound to be a few older students who know the passage ways out and sell butterbeer in the empty classrooms and corridors. You'll be able to get your fix."

As she spoke her eyes went back up to the castle. She had read all she could on it, she knew that there was a set of stairs near the library where the 5th step let you foot go through, that there was a doorway that moved from one side of the castle to another every other Friday. Yet from out here, the place looked like those castle of old, timeless and never changing. The knowledge she could get from such a place the lessons she was going learn there, she could the excitement wiggle ahead of the fear and anxiety for the first time. Smiling she took a deep breath listen in slight interest to the bet proposition.

"Oh brilliant," she said as she brushed a curly black strand away form her face. "This is going to be fun...I can see it now. Both you wait near the radio for word on the match. I hope one of you brought one."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:24 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler looked out at the crowd that still had to enter the boat. He sat alone at the head of the boat. "Seems like this is going to be a normal thing" he said. He had rode the Hogwarts Express sitting in an empty compartment and now it seemed he would ride in the boats by himself "Maybe I'll make friends when I'm sorted"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games