Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Dueling Club

➳ ➳ ➳

Why do I have a feeling this girl seriously doesn't like me?

➳ ➳ ➳

"Everte Statum," Ronna called out at the same time as Amory called out the spell that would push Ronna back and possibly disarm Ronna. If the spell worked against Armory it would cause the Slytherin to stumble and sharp pain. Something about the satisfaction Amory had when Ronna coughed up a few slugs made Ronna fairly confident that the Slytherin didn't like her. It was well known that Slytherins and Gryffindors had a rivalry of sorts-not that Ronna really cared about it. Also, Slytherins, seemed to house more blood purists than any other house... maybe that was it: it wasn't any secret that Ronna was muggleborn. Of course maybe she just annoyed the Slytherin with her outspoken personality-she had done that with Gypsy and Jer apparently.

Brianna_Locke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image
MIRANDAxx FAUST
2ᴺᴰ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxx ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

ɪ ᴀsᴋ ʜᴇʀ ωʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ωᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxѕнє ѕαι∂ ωє'νє ÁŔŔĨVĔĎ ωιтнσυт кησωιηg
ᶤ ᵍᵒᵗ ᶰᵒʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵗᵘʳᶰxxxxxxxxxx
ı тακε мч cнαпcεƨ ı ɔσп'т cαяε ıғ ı ƁƲƦƝxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxᵒᶰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶠʳᵉᵉʷᵃʸ ᶤ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵖᵉᶰᵈ ᵐʸ ᵈᵃʸˢ
ı ƬΛҠƐ MY ƇĤΛИƇƐS ı мαч пενεя яεтυяп, cσмε вαcκ αɢαıп

xxxxxxttire: [x]
xxxxood: Nervous
xxocation: Dueling Club
ompanions: Victor

"Victor?" Miranda called out, looking left and right as she searched for the man she'd been paired with. The name sounded familiar. Was that the Victor, second year? She was almost certain that she'd seen him earlier... and it couldn't be that hard to pick him out from the crowd what with his hair. When she'd finally noticed the pink-haired Hufflepuff, Miranda smiled, waving. "I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here... so I apologize in advance if, well, you know.." Miranda cautioned half-jokingly. Of course, Miranda was going to adhere to the rules that were laid down at the beginning, but in terms of where her spells were going, Miranda was almost certain she'd end up hitting some other student's opponent at one point or another.

Squeeky Luff

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:59 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor sighed as he tried finding his dueling partner, where was she? Looking around he hung his head, why was he even dueling?
Was it to get revenge on Claire? ...He...supposed that was the reason, but would that make him any better than her?
Victor brought his hand up as he waved it a bit, his gaze blurring slightly. The Hufflepuff then shook his head just in time to hear someone class for him.

Turning around to see his dueling partner he smiled and bowed, "Bonjour mademoiselle~" He greeted properly, even if it wasn't dueling etiquette it was still proper manners to bow before a lady.
Victor blamed his upbringing personally.

"Zat is quite alright, Oui?" He replied back with a small giggle, "I'm...not ze most violent person so. I'm sure even a snail could beat me in a duel." He was half-joking of course, he had...never really lost his temper or fought, so it was quite odd that he was in this club.

Glancing at Ronna who got hit with a slug curse, he shook his head.
"Well...I guess we should begin?" He asked with a small smile.

I feel curious you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I need to get stronger..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Forks Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:09 pm
User Image

Amanda listened as Marina paired everybody up to duel. She grinned when she heard she was paired with Dominic, who was the vice captain for their quidditch team whereas Amanda was the captain. This should be interesting, she thought, blue eyes scanning the students until they met Dom's. The blonde nodded to him before leading the way towards an empty circle. Once the two were in position, Amanda bowed, turned on her heel, and took five steps. The second she had done so, she turned around, pointed her wand at her target, in this case Dominic, and exclaimed, "Langlock!" If the seventh year managed to hit the boy, his tongue would become stuck to the hard palate in his mouth which would prevent him from properly speaking. Consequently, he wouldn't be able to cast any spells unless he can manage to speak somehow.

Essy ze Ninja

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:11 am
User Image
MIRANDAxx FAUST
2ᴺᴰ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxx ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

xxxxood: Bundle of Nerves

'Right! He's the French boy...' Miranda thought when the pink haired Hufflepuff began to speak. She liked him, if not for his flamboyant hair, then for his charming litle accent. "Yeah, might as well, we came here for a reason." Miranda replied, though her attention had also been turned to Ronna who had been hit by the slug curse. Miranda made a face, hoping the boy wouldn't use that spell on her as she turned and took five steps away. Drowning out the sounds around her, Miranda took a calming breath. 'What spell to use... '

Turning, Miranda brandished her wand, but there was a moment's hesitation when she attempted to spit a spell out. "Lock-- Locomotor Mortis" The leg-locking curse was the first thing that had come to Miranda's mind. A bright purple flash sparked from her wand, shooting towards the boy. Miranda wasn't even sure if she was aiming properly, but with the first spell having been cast, the sense of nervousness seemed to fade. This was the first time Miranda had ever used a spell against a wizard.

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:59 am
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor just smiled, "Well...Good luck to both of us then, oui?" He followed the procedure he had been watching the others do and took five steps away as well, before turning.
Thinking of the multiple spells he nodded as he faced Miranda and held his wand up ready to attack.

However she cast the spell first, thinking quickly Victor waved his wand, "Avis!" It was the first thing that came to his head. Watching as birds flew towards Miranda, some of them being hit by the locomotor mortis spell and falling down tot he ground before vanishing.

The rest of the birds went to surround Miranda, hopefully to obscure her vision if it succeeded. Victor felt sorry for the birds that were hit by the leg-locking curse, but this was a duel.

I feel determined you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Poor birds..."
I am a proud second year

Forks Anonymous

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:19 am
User Image
MIRANDAxx FAUST
2ᴺᴰ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxx ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

xxxxood: Having Fun

Miranda stood, almost dumbfounded as to what her next step should be when the boy had cast the Avis charm. She swatted at the ones that avoided her leg-locking curse, slightly annoyed. She didn't want to hurt the birds... but they were in the way, and she was in the middle of a duel. With one arm, Miranda kept the birds away from pecking at her, and with her wand hand Miranda prepared to cast a spell, only to stop before she even muttered the first letter of it. 'No fire spells..' Miranda reminded herself. "Finite!" She called out. A flash of bright light seemed to engulf her, but only because the conjured birds had originally been swarming, and in the blink of an eye they were gone. "Clever, I would never have thought of that." Miranda called out to Victor, smiling. Without taking a breath, Miranda flicked her wrist, calling out the next spell she planned on using. "Rictusempra." The tickling charm, one that she had learned about some book or another. It felt weird to cast it for her first time, but the silvery burst of light that shot from her wand indicated that Miranda had cast the spell correctly, at least.

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:43 am
User ImageUser Image

Darius called out "Scutum" He made a shield and out of his wand and held it to block the spell. He then responded to her "Chess?! um no I just do what feels right." He said and called the spell again to turn his wand back. "Stupefy!"
{OoC:}

Xistund

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:09 am
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor giggled as he noticed Miranda swatting at the birds that surrounded her, it really was a sight. His giggled died down however when she muttered a spell that made them vanish.
At the compliment Victor winked, "Merci~" Victor then tilted his head, "Nice counter as well~" He replied returning the compliment.

That was when he heard her cast another spell, Rictumsempra? What...which spell was that? Victor was trying to think of a counter, but failed as he couldn't even remember what he was supposed to be countering.
So needless to say, the spell hit.
Victor's mouth wobbled as he tried holding his sudden urge to laugh in, but failed horribly as he had to laugh.

It was a laughing charm? He couldn't even think enough to cast a spell as he giggled, there...there had to be some way to stop this spell, he then drifted his mind and willed himself to think of something horribly depressing.
The laughter then started to die down, though he still giggled some, "Ni..Nice...hee...spell...I needed...that..." He replied. Right now while he could he needed to counter attack though, "Tarantallegra!" He shouted as he cast the dancing hex at Miranda.

I feel happy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Giggling...oh god..."
I am a proud second year

Forks Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:50 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Duelists | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

Marina nodded approvingly at his shield. "Well, maybe you should take it up. You might be good at it." Then he cast a stunning spell, which she hadn't been expecting but managed to dodge, dancing out of the way. "Densaugeo! Furnunculus" she called, ready to actually duel and stop toying. He'd already tried to knock her out and he could clearly handle himself in a fight just fine.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

((please fill out the form on the front page if you wish your character to join. pm it to Essy ze Ninja))

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:24 pm
User Image
MIRANDAxx FAUST
2ᴺᴰ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxx ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

xxxxood: Enjoying Herself

Miranda smiled, watching as her spell had hit it's target and caused the pink-haired Hufflepuff to burst out with laughter. Needless to say, in the event of a real fight Miranda figured Rictumsempra would probably be on the bottom of her list, but this was her first duel, and with a boy she didn't want to hurt. When he cast the dancing hex, Miranda made an attempt at dodging, but moved too slow as she was grazed by the spell. Her legs began to move on their own accord, stepping left and right with great finesse that surprised even Miranda. She smiled before bursting out laughing at the sight of it. "Locomotor Mortis!" Miranda called out once again, a second attempt at the leg-locking curse, though her aim was wobbly as she had yet to gain control of her legs.

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:20 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor was still a little wobbly from the laughing hex he was hit with but steadied himself enough to notice his own hex had hit Miranda. His smile came back when she started to dance, rather well actually.
Was that just how good the hex was? Or did she have that ability already?

Victor noticed her cast Locomotor Mortis again, but due to her dancing it seemed off, it was still heading towards him though so he noticed one of the birds still fluttering above from the Avis spell he had cast earlier, he also noticed a rock and grinned as he thought of how to block it, so he simply dodged out of the way of the spell, watching it hit some poor frog instead.

He winced as the frog fell over and turned to face Miranda, "Nice moves by the way~" He said giggling a bit, he then cast his own spell, "Restituo!" He exclaimed hoping to switch Miranda's wand with the nearby rock.

I feel happy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I wonder if this will work?"
I am a proud second year

Forks Anonymous

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

Darius rolled out of the way of the first spell and called out "Protego" For the second one making Shield Charm. "Yea I can't myself sitting at a table moving pieces." He smiled a bit. "I'm more a fan of just hitting things, Accio Beater bat!" He called and waved his wand. At first nothing seemed to happen then Darius's wooden bat came to the pitch and flew to his hand. "Now sadly I remember you telling me off for throwing a punch in a duel but I found a way around things like that. Oppugno!" The Bat flew on its own and headed to Marina to attack her.
{OoC:}

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 am
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Duelists | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

Marina gave him a dry laugh. "Gee, I hadn't noticed," she said sarcastically, then her brown eyes widened as he summoned...his bat. Okay, that was against the rules. She was pretty sure it was, anyways. If duelists were just allowed to summon weapons it would defeat the purpose of the duel entirely. Of course, her thinking that didn't stop the bat from smashing into her stomach. The breath was knocked out of her and she stumbled backwards, clutching her midsection and gasping. "Holy... Silver!" she yelped in barely restrained fury, as the bat hit her again, this time in the shoulder, nearly dislocating it. "Finite incantatem!" she snarled, and the bat dropped to the ground. Massaging her shoulder, she resisted the urge to punch her fellow prefect in the face. Multiple times. "Silver," she enunciated through gritted teeth. "First of all... That was Belle. Telling you off. Not me." She winced n between speaking. "Ow- And second of all, summoning your beater bat....is definitely not allowed. If it isn't already- new rule." She exhaled sharply in pain. "And thirdly- Confundo! Vox dementis!" Oh, she was going to enjoy beating him now.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

((please fill out the form on the front page if you wish your character to join. pm it to Essy ze Ninja))

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 am
I tried to be p.e.r.f.e.c.t
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me
real
I thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said
This place is so empty
My thoughts are so tempting
I don't know how it got so
bad
Sometimes it's so crazy
But
nothing can save me
But it's the only thing that I have

User Image

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Sixth Year Vice-Captain, 𝔅eater

Dominic blinked; his crystal eyes darted over and locked with Amanda’s, and he smiled. This was going to be a challenge, he mused as he crossed to a dueling ring with his fellow Slytherin and Captain. Dom was nervous, or maybe excited, he couldn’t tell at the moment. But his chest was puffed up with a deep breath as he nodded his head and deliberately turned on his heel for ten paces backwards and whipped around again. But Amanda had been too fast, so when he raised his wand to attack, her charm had already hit him square in the chest just as he parted his lips to speak. ”De-henhaio,” but his tongue was trapped against the roof of his mouth and it couldn’t be helped. To make things worse, his spell had actually done something, and it seemed that instead of the descendo spell, the densaugeo hex was activated, and on himself, too. His teeth grew and jutted out in fierce directions and his mouth hung open uncomfortably. ”Maam-oouu—avissh,” he tried to curse.

Finite Incantatem, he concentrated desperately, waving his wand in muted silence as the spells effects were reversed, and his teeth shrank back to a normal size. In that next second, he thrust his wand forward with a smirk on his lips. ” Animalis verto,” he decreed, perfectly spoken and completely clear as a light glow of white burst from his wand towards his captain. In his head, he saw the perfect vision of Amanda; her arms were his focus and he began to imagine the bone to lighten in weight and then becoming brittle, and then for the flesh and hair to morph into feathers giving her wings and consequently dropping her wand, if she didn’t manage to block or deflect the spell. He was only mildly proficient in nonverbal casting and dreadful at wandless magic, maybe Amanda would have the same difficulty?

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 163lbs ☣ Age: 16
Dueling Club
Adorned in serpentine robes
╚═══════════════════╝

I tried to be perfect it just wasn't worth it…............ ............. ................... ...................... .................................... ........... ........
Nothing could ever be so wrong…............... ................... ..............
It's hard to believe me, it never gets easy
…...................... ....... ................ ...............................I guess I knew that all along ............ .................…That I’m better off on my own

kiska166

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games