Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Porcelaine Ivory rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:00 pm
User Image
User Image

It had been several long and agonizing minutes of flying in circles, and Liam had yet to even catch a glimpse of the snitch. He was beginning to think this constant circular motion wasn't the best approach. At that thought, as he rounded the corner of the pitch, he cut back and began to zigzag back and forth across the field, slowly moving from one side of the pitch to the other. With eyes like a eagle, he squinted nonstop, intent on catching sight of the tiny winged ball.

AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 (Scoring), +4 (Stealing) +2 (Spotting & Catching)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Final Roll: 16

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:05 pm
User Image
User Image

Out of the corner of his eye, Liam thought he had spotted something. Wheeling around, he searched the air vigorously for whatever it was, but to no avail. Perhaps he had been staring into empty space for so long that he was starting to see things.

Exhaling loudly, the Ravenclaw zipped off to one corner of the pitch, where he decided to set up camp and watch for the snitch by staying in one spot. Maybe this way he would have a better chance of seeing any small movement.

Final Roll: 22

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:09 pm
User Image
User Image

While staring out across the pitch toward the opposite corner, a glimmer of gold flashed right before his eyes without stopping to afford him the courtesy of simply reaching out and grabbing it. Without hesitating, Liam shot out after the snitch like a firework darting across the sky. He barreled through the air after its fluttering wings, the ball taking him for a wild goose chase without holding back. Finally, Liam began to close the distance between him and the snitch, reaching out a hand with eager fingers.

Final Roll: 7

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:15 pm
User Image
User Image

Just as he thought he had gotten close enough to make the catch, Liam closed his fingers around a handful of empty air. Grunting in discontent, he continued after the snitch, cutting back and forth after it as it dove up, down, and side to side. He was gaining a growing appreciation for the fact that he had decided against trying out for seeker. He had always looked at this position as the "easy one," but in reality the work never stopped.

After less than a minute, he again began to inch closer, diving just in time to catch up to the snitch. With a huff, he reached his left hand out once more and grabbed out in front of him, desperately hoping to close his fingers around a worthy prize.

Final Roll: 4

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Still hopeful, Liam opened his hand slowly to reveal nothing but an empty palm. His heart sunk at the same time as his shoulders, and the lack of satisfaction was clearly painted across his face. He had put his everything into finding the snitch, and once he finally had achieved that task, he just hadn't been fast enough to close the deal. Clearly he wasn't meant for this position. Or was anyone really meant for this position? Although it was obviously an active position requiring skill, much of it seemed to be a game of luck.

Whether he had been testing his abilities or his luck, he had just spent the entire hour doing so. If it weren't for the fact that he had to make it to his next class on time, he never would have left the pitch before catching that snitch. Perhaps that next class was a saving grace, because even any non-quidditch fan would know that games often lasted for days due to the evasive maneuvers utilized by that tiny golden ball.

User Image

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff β”‚ Third Year β”‚ Thirteen Years Old β”‚ Single β”‚ Reserve Beater

Hannah continued to search for the Snitch, while Liam flew around trying to catch it. She was glad this wasn't an actual game, and that nothing would come of whether she found it or not.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
AC:16
Modifiers: +4 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers, +2 to Spot/Catch Snitch
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action: Searching for the Snitch (4.38 pm)
Effect Value: 9
Results: Yeah, not expecting much here. I'm a Beater, not a Seeker
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:25 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                              Location : Advanced Flying - Friday @ 10:00am

Time to go find the snitch... Emma was up in the air going after the snitch in hopes of having a bit of fun. However, the Hufflepuff knew that she wasn't meant to be a seeker. She was a chaser as far as she knew. Though she'd give it her best shot.

With: Class... Hannah

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: Currently - Seeking - 0/3 - Total Roll: 8
                                              Modifiers: +4 AC, +4 Stealing, +4 Shooting, +2 Spotting & Catching (Exp + Flying)
                                              Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                              Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                              A loyal friend like you?
                                              I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                              Hufflepuff!

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:09 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff β”‚ Third Year β”‚ Thirteen Years Old β”‚ Single β”‚ Reserve Beater

Hannah continued to search for the Snitch, and now Emma had joined in making this a rather odd third-sided match.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
AC:16
Modifiers: +4 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers, +2 to Spot/Catch Snitch
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action: Searching for the Snitch (9.09 pm)
Effect Value: 13
Results: Yeah, not expecting much here. I'm a Beater, not a Seeker
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:10 pm
New Year 2033 - 2034

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn β–² Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Friday @ 10:00am

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before be get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

With: my third year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

Yukina101
                                    Catheryn Blake, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Diantha Warlow, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Raymond Yuko, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry
                                    Aimee McHalen, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Brandon Davenport, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Leon McGregor, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Kimberly Umber, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
                                    Jacob Evanson, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Jonathan Evanson, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 am
Raymond Ara Yuko
Third Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond’s final class of the week was his advanced flying class. He was looking forward to it. Secretly he hoped it would make him a better candidate for the team. Coming down to where the class was to meet, he cared with him his broom. Hopefully he’d get to use it the first week. Seeing Professor Price, Raymond gave him a polite nod before class got started. Listening about how the first position they’d be doing was beater bothered him. He didn’t have any interest in the position. However some did and he knew that some needed to know all positions. Besides the more you knew the more you could only benefit.

Being asked what they knew about the position of beater, Raymond could only say he knew the basics. He’d never tried it. Guess today was a good day to try something new… besides cursebreaking. Raising his hand, Raymond waited to be called on before saying. β€œBeaters hit the bludgers at the opposing team’s players and block the bludgers aimed at their own team players.” Yes it was a basic kind of answer but at least it was an answer.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:53 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

"Yes, Raymond that's the broad answer. 10 points to Slytherin." Landon answered. "A beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them, as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the ones most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

β€œNow, I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. β€œSo today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice. I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. β€œNow before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger, and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. β€œYou are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before, with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit, but do not worry if that happens. I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll 3 or lower you lose a life (In this case you won't take a life)
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if higher then targets AC = Hit (In this case - Targets AC is 12)

Skills:
                                    If you already have skills - use the skills you have
                                    If you don't have skills click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills.

OOC: If you have any questions just let me know.
                                    Note : You may try to hit the target as many times as you like and you don't have to wait the six hours as you are hitting dumb targets.

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset
                                    Raymond Yuko, Slytherin : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret
                                    Kimberly Umber, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
The Shiny Furret rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 pm
User Image
User Image
β—‰ 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝔂𝒆π“ͺ𝓻 β—‰ 𝓰𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 β—‰ 𝓻𝒆𝓼𝒆𝓻𝓿𝒆 𝓴𝒆𝒆𝓹𝒆𝓻 β—‰

Kimberly hustled onto the Quidditch Pitch, wearing her uniform for tryouts. She figured that, since she would be practicing the different positions, she should dress appropriately. Approaching the professor, she nodded apologetically. "Sorry I'm late, professor. It won't happen again," she said before stepping into line. Listening to the instructions from the professor, Kim learned that they would be playing the Beater position today. She wasn't sure how she felt about that, seeing as she was more built to be a Keeper or even a Chaser, not a Beater. She wasn't beefy, but her arms were fairly strong from catching and throwing the Quaffle at practice. When they were set out to hit the targets, Kim first stretched out her limbs, then did a few practice laps on the ground and in the air, just like her Captain had her do before a practice session or game. With a bat in hand, the Gryffindor flew around the Pitch on her prized Nimbus, and as a Bludger came near, she pulled back her arm and swung at it.

Beater
                                                              Deft Dodger | Hold the Line | Great Catch
                                                              AC: 14 | Mods: +2 (from experience and Adv. Flying 1)
                                                              Final Roll: 14 (hit!)
                                                              β™₯ | β™₯ | β™₯

Sometimes I have dreams. I picture myself flying above the clouds, high in the sky.
                                                              Conquering the world with my magic piano, never being scared, but then I realize,
                                                              I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know who's gonna save me?
                                                              I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know why I feel so alone?

β—‰ x x β—‰ x x β—‰

【 OOC: . . . 】

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:35 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students when it came to targeting things. However, now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

β€œGood morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. β€œThe Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. β€œNow can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

When no one answered Landon took a breath. "Alright then, the sole job of a seeker is to catch the snitch. Gaining their team one hundred and fifty points and ending the game. Usually that secures the win for the game." He told them before going onto what they were doing. "Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing or watching the game." he said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task as I stated before is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if 19 or higher = snitch spotted
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if 22 or higher = snitch catch

OOC: Since no one posted last week we'll just say no one answered the question. Please note that due to my busy schedule last week this half of the class will go till next Sunday.

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset
                                    Raymond Yuko, Slytherin : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret
                                    Kimberly Umber, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:56 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Third Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond came onto the pitch with his broom in hand. He was late and he knew it. Bowing to Professor Price as he got there, he waited until they were done discussing the position of seeker before saying anything. "Sorry I'm late Professor, it won't happen again." He said politely. "I hope not." Professor Landon replied back to him. It was the first time he was late so he'd let it slide, same as the rest of his students.

With that Raymond got to work, hoping onto his broom. Beginning to look for the snitch he really didn't think he'd have any luck at it. Not even a little bit. However he'd try his best for the day and who knows he might just surprise himself.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: +19 Spot, +22 caught - Total Roll: 4
                                    Modifiers: +4 Shooting, +4 AC, +4 Catching, +2 Spotting (Exp + Flying)
                                    Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                    Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces