Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:36 am
Zack was about to take another pokéball out and say, "If you want to stop, make me," but a group of passing trainers caught his attention. Three of them crowded around a single holographic display, the sound of which carried on the wind but only briefly. The news presenter looked vaguely familiar, and the subject was something Zack had almost completely forgotten about.

"...opening ceremony parade got off to a spectacular start when..."

He turned back to his sister. She was sat in a slump trying to look dignified, but he could tell she was on her last legs. That probably was enough for today. He sighed and said, "Forget it."

Zack called on Serene, and walked over to Helena, holding out a hand to help her up. "I'm sorry I pushed you, but I'm still not wrong. Come on. You can't miss the opening ceremony for the league you're going to win."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:51 am
Helena tightened her lips as she looked at Zack. "Apology accepted," she said after a moment and she took his hand and pulled herself up.

"We should try and get a good spot." Like a spot where she wouldn't have to stand around. Maybe on top of a building.

"Like on a roof."  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:10 pm
Zamaku
The Skarmory stood up straight and unfurled his wings, screeching to the sky. Flying with his trainer was one of shuriken's favorite things to do in the evening sun.

"Shhh, Shhh! calm down, people are starting to stare," TK mumbled quickly, not that Shuriken seemed to mind, let the commoners look. He knew he was regal as ********>

((I almost missed this gem. Reeeeal glad I didn't

Also, edited a lil' bit))

Lumiose City- Gotengo Treehouse Complex

Every year, the royal family of Kalos held a parade to commemorate the beginning of a new pokemon league challenge. And every year since Gotengo’s conception, the kids of the treehouse held a party to celebrate the league and to wish good luck to their friends that would set off on their pokemon training journeys.

Most of the children too young to hang out in the evening had gone home, leaving only the tweens and young teenagers to party into the night. Anyone who knew about Gotengo, and who wouldn’t rat them out to the police, was invited, though just hearing about the party required some know-how. Either way, the party had already begun and was in full swing.

The interior of the treehouse’s shacks contained a hodpodge of mismatched items that somehow formed an avant garde cohesive whole. Take the bottom level shack, for instance. As the biggest of the bunch, it contained the most items. Chairs came in a myriad of sizes and types. Tables formed atop tires were pushed aside to make room for a dancefloor. A working kitchen with a bar countertop formed one corner of the large room. A TV, a PC and other conveniences were scattered about.

The base of the mighty tree that was Gotengo’s core was firmly in the center of the room. Ascending the spiral staircase that creeped around the tree would bring one up and out of the bottom floor, where more smaller shacks with different facilities hung safely on the branches. For the rest of the world, the bathrooms and kitchen and other modern day luxuries were on the level of a dive bar. But for the kids and pokemon that built it all from scratch, it was more than state of the art. It was home.

At the top of the staircase, on top of the tree, was the crow’s nest proudly waving a flag emblazoned with Moze’s sun emblem. Salieri leaned back on a lawn chair in this crow’s nest, far above the electronic and hip hop tunes playing below. As the oldest of the Gotengo crew, she was their unofficial leader, but this same age gap but her at a distance with the kids that looked to her for guidance. In years past she attended the party downstairs and even led the dancing, but this was the year she left for her own journey, so she wanted to soak it in.

“Check it out.”

Sal craned her neck back and saw Mia poke her head into the crow’s nest. The curly haired, bespectacled girl came up and sat in a bean bag chair next to Sal, holding a six pack of beer. Behind her was Bass, her Noibat. Mia was also seventeen, the second oldest of the Gotengo crew, but still not old enough to buy alcohol. Which begged the question:

“How’d you get it?” Sal asked as she turned. Mia offered her a beer, which she cracked open.
“Trade secret,” Mia said in her usual flat tone with a wink. Despite her disheveled appearance, Mia was incredibly bright. Salieri, a girl with a lot of pride, would readily admit any day that Mia was smarter than her. In fact, she was the one who got Ivan the pokedex in working order, and even refurbished Sal’s pokegear. Salieri had no doubt Mia had used some clever scheme to obtain the beer.

The clinked cans together and sat back, sipping. The sun was almost down completely, and the lights of Lumiose would soon illuminate the sky.

“Ready to get out of this city?” Mia asked nonchalantly, craning her neck back to look up at the sunset. Salieri stopped sipping and shifted her eyes at Mia.
“Yeah. Ready to be rid of me?”
“Yep.”
Salieri smirked. “Shut up…you know, Gotengo is yours when I leave.”

When Moze had left for parts unknown, Salieri had fallen into the position of leader. It wasn’t something she had earned, or prepared for. It was something she inherited, because no one else could do it. Mia knew this, and responded with a sarcastic:

“Gee thanks. It was never really yours, anyway.”

Only Mia, her trusted confidant, could get away with such statements and not earn the ire of Salieri. It was true, of course. Gotengo was a community, but if anyone was to be credited with it’s foundation, it was Moze. “Can you do me a favor when I go?”

Salieri sat up and chugged the rest of her beer, which was almost all of it. Mia sat in expectation as Sal created suspense. The can parted from the trainer’s lips, and she exhaled. “…Can you check up on Arnaud every once in a while? I’ll be wiring cash to a nurse and her Blissey to watch him around the clock, but he needs a…familiar face.”

Mia’s features darkened. She looked down at her can, and nodded slowly. “Sure. I can do that.”
“I know it’s a lot to ask-“
“It’s not a big deal-“
“-but you’re the only one I trust.”

Mia nodded again and sipped on her beer. The more Salieri dwelled on the things she would be leaving behind, the more her departure felt bittersweet. Her younger days were slipping away.

She stood up and put a hand on Mia’s shoulder. “You’re like my best friend, Mia. You know that, right?”

Without looking at her, Mia rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I know. Who else would it be?”

Salieri didn’t answer with words. Instead she grabbed another beer, cracked it open, and held it out to Mia’s. They clinked cans again.

Before she could take another sip, Salieri looked to the sky. A white cloudy streak traversed overhead, like the wake of a plane in motion. Only it was curving. And it was much, much closer.

“What is that?” said Mia, standing up. She grabbed a telescope left in the crow’s nest and pointed it up. But Salieri didn’t need a telescope to know what the streak was. The trainer wordlessly hopped down the crow’s nest and sprinted down the stairs. "Hey, Salieri! Be careful!"

The cloudy line bolted downwards into the courtyard of the Gotengo complex. Someone shut off the music inside, and the partygoers watched form the porch and windows to see what was going to come out of the cloud of smoke that had plopped into their front yard.

Salieri pushed them aside and ran up to the cloud. “Banksy?!”

The cloud was blown away in an instant, and the Torkoal stood proudly in it’s place. Thin white plumes of smoke curled out from her shell up into the air. A wave of hushed whispers overcame the partiers.

“That’s Moze’s Torkoal?”
“I haven’t seen Banksy in years!”
“Does this mean Moze is back?”
“Let’s get cruuuunk!”

On the last note, the whispers were replaced by a wave of cheer. The jovial chatter washed over Salieri’s ears, as the girl was still deadlocked on Banksy. She balled her hands into fists. “Are you coming with me, Banksy?”

Banksy looked up at the top of the crow’s nest, and all present heads followed her stare. It wasn’t the crow’s nest she was staring at. It was the sun emblem flag.

The Torkoal gestured to her back, where the same symbol that was once painted on had all but faded away. Salieri grinned. “So you want me to re-tag you?”

She whipped out her can of spray paint and took a step forward. Banksy exhaled a thick wave of smoke and steam from her nostrils and shell. The sudden burst took Sal by surprise, stopping her in her tracks.

“I get it…you’re not gonna make this easy, are you?”

Banksy shook her head, and Salieri could have sworn she saw the faintest grin on the turtle pokemon. Salieri brought forth her own grin, a very feral confident one that showed off her pointy canine teeth. It made her look like a predator. "Stupid turtle..."

She turned her head back to Gotengo and all the kids on the porch. “Turn the music back on. And play me something I can fight to.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:56 pm
Lumiose City – Gotengo

“She wants something she can fight to,” Youngster Carter told the DJ, Youngster Anais. Anais took off her headphones and tapped her lips.

“Something she can fight to…” Anais sifted through a box of vinyl records. What does that evenmean? But I still wanna dance, though…aha!

She flipped a record out of the box and onto the turntable. Anais gave Carter a thumbs up and he went back outside to the porch where most of the party were gathered to watch the tagging challenge.

The sun was down and the courtyard was dark. On Carter’s order, a Pansear used Embers to light the tiki torches that were set up around the courtyard’s perimeter, and the arena was partially illuminated. Salieri was half cast in shadow across the perimeter from Banksy, the coals in her shell glowing a warm orange.

In the crow’s nest, Mia leaned at its edge to survey below with Bass the Noibat perched atop her curly hair. As one of the oldest Gotengo-goer’s, she had vivid memories of the seeing Banksy in action. The thought of watching it again made her nostalgic.

Salieri tapped the pokedex in her armband, and it whirred to life. “Beep boop that’s a big ol’ Torkoal right there. Level 4…no, level 64…. beep boop eye level…sea level…level with me for a seco-

And she tapped it again to turn it off. Ivan was useless as always. Salieri estimated Banksy’s level to be around 60, based on when Moze stopped training her. The three of her pokemon combined wouldn’t equal that much.

Mia watched as Salieri released her three pokemon and huddled up. From the crow’s nest, she could see Salieri give each one their strategies. Durendal stood arms crossed and focused. Biz puffed up his chest and pointed at himself proudly until Veillantif stated sucking on his helmet. Sal slapped her off of him, gave them one more order, and broke the huddle.

Now with her eyes off of her opponent, the focused Salieri pointed at the treehouse and snapped her fingers. “Hit it.”

Inside the big shack, Anais nodded and scratched the record. “Whikiwhikiwhaaaa,” she beatboxed before allowing the song to play.

As the drums rolled, Salieri paced slowly around Banksy. Her pokemon did the same in the opposite direction. A white smoke fumed from the turtle around the ground like a mist. Sal took a can of spray paint out of her belt bag and shook it up.

She pointed to Veil. “Get a move on.” The beat dropped.

Veillantif, the one at the farthest range, fired an Octazooka at Bansky. The turtle’s response was an Ember that collided with the ink blob midair, creating a steam-laden explosion. The force careened the small, airborne Horsea backwards towards the courtyard wall.

Sal clicked her heels, activating her roller blades, and sped up to catch her Horsea. She span around, grabbed Veil by the tail, and threw her back into the fray. Just an Ember attack? Banksy doesn’t need to use her full power to fight us at all. But if they can keep her distracted, I’ll have time to tag!

Durendal and Biz Marquis were already throwing out attacks as well. Biz slung a Vine Whip at Banksy’s head while Dune readied a Psycho Cutter. Banksy tilted her head back to dodge the whip, caught it in her teeth, and used Rapid Spin to swing Biz by the vine into Dune before the Pawniard could let loose the telekinetic blade.

Keeping his cool with Inner Focus, Dune shifted his attack at the last second, sending the telekinetic blade to cut the vine instead of Banksy. Biz was let loose early, flying over Dune and landing safely farther away. The Chespin growled at his folly, Defense Curled, and started to Rollout towards the courtyard entrance.

As soon as she stopped spinning Banksy set her sights on Biz Marquis until Salieri jumped on her back, spray paint ready. The trainer clung onto a groove on the shell with one hand while tagging with the other, a move that was met with claps from the audience. In one deep breath, the Torkoal expelled a burst of steam forcefully from her shell.

So hot! The heat was too much for Salieri to bear, so she jumped off and away mid-tag. The steam continued to expand outwards, enveloping them all in a thick cloud. Salieri could make Banksy out in the smoke by the glow of her shell. She coasted quietly on her skates around towards Banksy’s other side.

From outside the cloud, Veillantif could also make out Banksy. The Horsa Bounced high into the air by her spring tail and fired an Octazooka down at the turtle. The in blob entered the cloud, and without looking up Banksy shifted to the side, narrowly avoiding the attack.

Mia watch Veillantif land near the porch and rose an eyebrow. Banksy was well trained, but she shouldn’t have been able to detect the incoming attack from inside the cloud. Unless…

Durendal snuck up behind Banksy, ready to strike. From the crow’s nest, Mia saw Banksy tense up as Durendal approached from behind. But it was impossible for Banksy to see Dune at that angle.

She looked to Bass, recalling how Noibats made their way through dark caves with ultrasonic frequencies, and an epiphany flashed in her mind. Banksy can sense them through the smoke…hmmm, I could warn Sal but...nah, she likes to get things on her own.

Both Salieri and Dune must have realized this as well since they stopped in their tracks. Banksy revolved around to face Dune and with a mighty exhale, she spit out a Flame Burst.

“Fleché!” Salieri roared to Dune, who had already activated the technique. In an instant, the Pawniard dashed under the Flame Burst with speed too fast for the eye to fully follow, leaving behind a trail of red electrical sparks as the Flame Burst hit the ground. The explosion knocked the nearby Veillantif and Sal to the floor.

Banksy saw Durendal standing a few feet away out the corner of her eyes. “Fleché is Durendal’s secret technique,” Sal explained to the Torkoal as she stood up and dusted herself off. “It gives him superspeed. You would’ve known he could do that, if you ever got out of the house, stupid turtle.”

The Torkoal fell for Sal’s taunt, failing to notice that Biz Marquis was using Rollout in very tight circles near the courtyard entrance to build up power this whole time. “And you can sense what moves through your White Smoke, right? Like echolocation. I guess there’s a lot we don’t know about each other’s styles. For example-“

Biz turned and rocketed at Banksy like a cannonball with a full power Rollout. “-did you know Rollout’s power is doubled if you Defense Curl first?”

The White Smoke cloud was sucked back into Banksy’s shell without a trace of existence. She retracted her limbs inside, and smokey flames spurted out from the shell’s holes like a rocket launch. Banksy flew up in the air, and Biz rolled right under her, missing entirely.

The Chespin uncurled and skidded to a stop with the help of Sal, who caught him after he cancelled his attack. s**t, Banksy’s level is too high! That was our best chance to deal damage! Still hovering in the air, Banksy fired a Flame Burst at the two of them.

With Fleché, Durendal tackled Salieri and Biz out of the way. The Flame Burst exploded between the three, minimizing the damage but knocking them all down. Sal watched as the spray paint flew out of her hand. “The paint!”

Banksy’s smoke burst intensified and she flew at the can. Her movement with the White Jet technique was dependent on her Special Attack rather than her Speed, so her sudden acceleration through the air was met with much awe from the spectators. Mouth wide open, she chomped at the spray paint can-

-only for Veil to shoot at it first with a Bubble, forcing it slightly higher in the air. Using a shortened Rapid Spin, Banksy pulled a U-Turn with a Flying Type’s precision and went for a second try at getting the paint.

Biz shot a Vine Whip up at the can, catching it and yanking it down. But with a quick Ember, Banksy burned right through the vine, and the can clanked to the ground.

Durendal Fleché’d his way to the can, becoming a supersonic red blur, but just as he was about to grab it Banksy’s foot landed on top of his hand, pinning him to the ground. She opened her mouth wide, preparing to end the scuffle and the spray paint with one Flame Burst.

Salieri was already skating forwards, jumping over Veil and Biz to get to her Pawniard. She grabbed Dune and swung him away right before the Fire attack hit.

Mia narrowed her eyes, her chill demeanor becoming more serious. Sal had been knocked down by Flame Burst’s explosion twice so far and showed impressive endurance, but that had cut it way too close. If Salieri took a Flame Burst head on, she wouldn’t just lose Banksy’s challenge. She’d be too injured to start the league tomorrow.

BOOM! The little explosion was mixed with the fleeting red mist from the broken can. Banksy sighed and looked to Sal, waiting for the trainer’s surrender. After all, without the spray paint, she couldn’t make the tag. It was over. The trainer had given a valiant effort, but hadn’t earned her respect.

But Sal wasn’t there. She had circled back towards her Horsea, meeting the pokemon halfway. Holding onto Veillantif as if the Horsea was a pistol, she fired a thin red Octazooka at Banksy’s shell.

For the first time in the battle, she hit her mark. The tiny red ink blob fit in perfectly with the partially finished sun emblem. The tag was halfway finished.

Sal grinned tenaciously. “Quit underestimating me! I’m not gonna stop until that tag is finished or you knock me out!”

((Part 2 of 2 is up next))  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:03 pm
Lumiose City – Gotengo

Just like TK assumed, he ended up lost above the massive lumios. The tall buildings and sprawling city scape disoriented him and cause him to eventually end up above the Gotengo.

"Think this is where the opening ceremony is being held?" Tk asked his skarmory as the circled high above the Gotengo. The trainer was under the impression that the Kalos region was a region of wealth, this 'Gotengo' gave off the opposite vibe. Shuriken clicked his beak annoyed, the air was cooling off and he was feeling the weariness from the gym match prior.

"C'mon, lets land and ill ask around," TK instructed , leaning forward as Shuriken dove towards the around and almost a 90o angle. throwing out his wings to catch the air just before hitting the ground, The Skarmory's talons clicked against the ground as he landed, his trainer sliding from his back.

What TK failed to notice from the sky, was that there was something of a battle going on in the center of a clearing. After dismounting, and If no one approached him after landing, then TK would watch the battles progression over the heads of the younger tweens and teens until it finished, or he got board, which ever came first really.

Either way, he was obviously out of place in the Gotengo and stood out like a sore Oshawatt in a crowd of joltik. His hair alone made him the oddity where ever he happened to be.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 pm
Lumiose City – Gotengo

Mentally, Mia recapped the encounter between Team Salieri and Banksy. The goal was to reapply Moze’s sun tag to the Torkoal’s shell. The sun aspect was complete, but the tricky part, the face inside, had yet to be started. Banksy hadn’t taken any damage during the challenge, but Sal’s team wasn’t holding up as easily. Stray fire attacks had struck all of them at one point or the other, especially Salieri. She was covered in scratches and small burns, and hit her head badly enough that she was wincing with one eye, which made her look a little crazy. She was quite the durable human being, but even she had limits.

“Hey,” Mia called down to Sal as she opened her second beer, “You wanna give it a rest?”

Everyone -Salieri, her teammates, Banksy, the spectators- all looked up as Mia took a long sip. “If you use Veillantif to tag, your offense is cut. Durendal and Biz Marquis are weak to Fire. You’d have to finish the hardest part of the tag with that handicap. Besides, Banksy’s at too high of a level to obey you anyway. I don’t-“

She paused. Telling Salieri the hard truth was always difficult because the delinquent girl was so stubborn, but somebody had to do it. She can always try again. Mia adjusted her glasses. “I don’t think you can win anymore. You were on the wrong end of two explosions within a minute. And don’t get me started on your aim-“

The beer can burst out of her hand, struck by an Octazooka. Salieri lowered Veil, who had a light black mist pouring out of his mouth like the barrel of a smoking gun. “My aim is just fine. Wanna see what else you’re wrong about?”

Mia frowned, picked up her half spilled beer, and shut up. From inside the treehouse, Youngster DJ Anais scratched the record and started the interrupted song up again.

Salieri focused back on Banksy, with Dune and Biz flanking her. “Ready?” The Torkoal nodded. “Then it’s your move.”

Not missing a beat, Banksy fired a Flame Burst at the foursome. Sal, still holding Veil like a hand cannon, split away with her rollerblades. Dune swung his arm, launching a pink blade of telekinetic energy. The Psycho Cutter blew the Flame Burst apart from a distance.

Biz Defense Curled and entered Rollout, spinning directly at Banksy. From the Torkoal’s other side, Salieri aimed Veil and shot another thin red Octazooka at the tag.

Retracting into her shell, Banksy used Rapid Spin low to the ground to both sidestep the Rollout and dodge underneath the Octazooka. When she poked her head out, Durendal was in her face ready to swipe with an Aerial Ace.

In order to prove its futility, Banksy took the attack head on. Literally. Dune’s bladed hands barely scratched the skin on her skull. The mighty defense of the Torkoal dwarfed his current attack power, but he was undettered. Valiantly, Dune jumped up with another Psycho Cutter, ready to chop at the same spot.

Banksy pushed herself backwards with a spurt of steam to dodge the slice, and fired a quick Ember at the Pawniard. Durendal dodged to the side with Fleché, leaving red sparks crackling all over his armor and in his wake. She fired another Ember, and another, and another. He continued to dodge the rapid-fire fire, his reflexes keeping up just fine with the miniature flame spurts.

Suddenly, he dashed away entirely, and it didn’t even take a moment for Banksy to realize why: Biz was coming around again with another Rollout. This time, Banksy opted to counter with a Flame Burst.

From her position skating around the perimeter, Sal saw the Torkoal charging up the explosion, and acted first. With a nimble spin, Sal pointed Veil at the Chespin and fired a Bubble. “Get up, Biz!”

Biz bounced up and the Bubble popped underneath him, propelling him above the Flame Burst that blew up into the ground behind him. He landed at Banksy’s side, and rolled away.

Banksy noted that Biz didn’t build up as much speed as usual, but before she could take advantage of it Salieri was shooting another Octazooka with Veil as Durendal was firing another Psycho Cutter. She let loose a Fire Spin around her body, which blocked the collisions on both sides with explosions.

With the Fire Spin cancelled, Banksy emitted her White Smoke once more, clouding the center of the arena and Salieri’s vision. This time, Salieri grinned with triumph and skated towards the treehouse. At this rate, I can’t touch her if she expands her White Smoke. But she can’t use it if she’s using White Jet! I’ll force you into the air, Banksy!

The Torkoal slowly turned as Biz Marquis rolled in a wide circle around the edge of her smoke, waiting to move in. Suddenly he turned, and charged up his spin for a powerful acceleration. The moment he let loose, she would know where to strike.

Salieri clicked off her skates when she got to the porch and ran up a post to get to its roof. Some of the braver children left the safety of the porch to get a better looking angle. “Dune, clear it away!”

Durendal favored using Fleché in short bursts. Prolonged use put a tax on his body, and because his Inner Focus was the catalyst, if he was struck while using the technique he would feel immense pain. He knew using it to clear the smoke would put him at risk, but if this would finish the battle then he would do it for his trainer.

Becoming a steel projectile, he used Fleché to run in a tight circle around the smoke, holding out a Psycho Cutter blade in the process. He sliced right through the cloud, momentarily dispersing it in an instant.

Salieri hadn’t stopped running, vaulting up the rail of the staircase to get to the top branches. She saw Dune fall to one knee, cramping up in wake of using Fleché for so long. Thanks buddy, we needed that.

And Mia saw Sal seeing Dune. “She’s lost it,” Mia muttered in mild amusement to her Noibat, smirking with defeat until she narrowed her eyes at tiny specks on the ground. “Huh.”

In the next instant, the smoke cloud started reforming. But that time was all Biz needed to charge forward. Banksy had no choice but to fly up. She retracted her limbs into her shell and her White Smoke disappeared, reappearing in a pressurized burst from her shell. She flew up, and looked down in surprise that the Chespin had faked his sudden speed. Her eyebrows rose when she realized why.

Thorny green caltrops were scattered all over ground of the courtyard. “That’s three layers of Spikes, and they’re no ordinary Spikes either!” Salieri shouted from her precarious perch atop the roof of a small shack on the edge of an outstretched branch, just above where Banksy floated. “A Chespin’s quills are strong enough to pierce rock! Even you would take a dent from those!”

If you weren’t so distracted with not getting tagged, you would’ve noticed Biz slowed his Rollout so he could set up the Spikes. And you must’ve thought they were just debris if you felt them in your White Smoke. You could have spun them away, but you’re rusty, and you underestimated us! Have I proved myself yet, you shut-in?

She pounced from the branch onto the hovering Banksy, earning a wave of “Oooh’s” from the audience. Once again holding onto Banksy with one hand and tagging with Veillantif in the other, Salieri went to work on the sun emblem. “This time it’s over, stupid turtle!”

A sudden whistling sound from above distracted Mia from the challenge. TK came down hot, diving at such a pace that it was impossible not to notice. The entire scene went on pause as all eyes went to Takamaru. Sal and Mia broke free of this phenomenon to look at each other.

In a series of expressions, they had a full unspoken conversation. Do you know that guy? Nah, do you you? Not at all. Well then who the ******** is he?

“Who the <********> are you?” they shouted at TK in unison.

It was an interesting interruption. But being the one with a girl and her Horsea spraying graffiti on her back while she flew in the air, Banksy had other priorities. One Rapid Spin was all it took to knock the unfocused Sal from the turtle shell right before the tag was finished.

“Merde!” she raged as she fell down. The delinquent whirled through the air and before she could land, Biz threw out a Vine Whip to pull her to a tiny Spike free patch. That was my chance!

Banksy couldn’t land safely with all those Spikes, but she could fly for quite a while. With her head half tucked in, she resembled a floating fortress firing its cannon as she launched a few Flame Bursts at the ground.

With great dexterity Salieri clicked her heels and skated away from the bursts, gritting her teeth. She squeezed Veil tightly in absentminded frustration, causing the dopey Horsea to squeak. She’s too high up now! DAMNIT! I had it! I just needed to finish the smile! I can’t lose here! At Gotengo, twice in one day, for such stupid reasons! Who the ******** even is this connard-

An epiphany changed her mental and physical direction as she beelined towards TK. “Hey!” she yelled at him, pointing to the silver haired trainer. His hair was a silver as brilliant as the prosthetic hand of King Nuada, with a sheen that would make Charlie jealous. “You have to take me up there! Right now!”  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:40 pm
((Updated))
((much better wink your transgression is forgiven.))
Lumiose City – Gotengo

Startled as he was shouted at by the two females, TK took a step back, holding out his palms to show he wasn't a threat or trying to invade on territory. Thats what your supposed to do when confronted by an angry female, right?

Meanwhile, his Skarmory stood ever regal behind his trainer, allowing these vagabond children to bask in his silvery hides gloriousness.

The trainer was about to answer who the '********' he was, but was too slow to answer and only got the"I-Im Taka-" out before he was cut off by the bandanna wearing girl. Who seemed already past introductions and demanding something that he take her someplace. everything was happening in rapid secession, the perspiration in his hair from flying still not even dried.

That gave his normally dull silver hair a shiny aspect about it when light hit it.

And was that Torkal flying? They can DO that?

"W-What? Take you where? And why were you painting on that flying Torkal? and can Torkals normally fly?" the curiously timid trainer rambled, His curiosity overpowering his timidness. The part about Sal painting on said Torkal coming across as sounding concerned rather than accusatory.

Before the bandana wearing girl could even respond, TK caught a glimpse of the speeding Pawniard. "Oh, Is that a pawniard?" The trainer asked curiously, a glint in his eye as he stepped past Sal. "I haven't seen one in person yet, do you think i can take a sketch of him?" the silver haired youth asked politely, already having gotten over the flying torkal, distracted by the steel type.

Like many other trainers, TK not only relies on his pokedex for information regarding Pokemon, but also his own notes on the various species he comes across. However, unlike most trainers, his notes are mono-type oriented and kept in the margins of the sketch pad he uses to illustrate sketches of the various steel type Pokemon he comes across.

In the back ground, Shurkien let his head drupe, embarrassed by his trainers lack of concentration in the face of his adoration of steel types. getting distracted by a random steel type pokemon is so like him its not even funny. This trait of his was what led him to capturing his honedge after getting distracted during a trainer battle after initially noticing the steel/ghost type out of place in the tree ling of the santalune forest a few days prior.

Just like now, un-meaning too, but ultimately brushing off Sal as a by product of his curiosity in the blade pokemon, much like he did to that random trainer in the middle of there trainer battle a few days back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:42 pm
The kids in and around the treehouse murmured amongst themselves. Up until now, they had been mostly reverent of the challenge, save for the occasional cheers and hollering of encouragements or trashtalk for either side. Newcomers usually didn't gather much attention. This scenario was a major exception. He also stuck out like a Pancham at a Teddiursa party.

He wants to draw me? The Pawniard blushed slightly at the idea, flattered that someone thought he was interesting. Unfortunately, he still needed a moment to stand after a prolonged Fleché, so he was stuck balancing on one knee. This pose is embarrassing...

Mia slumped back as events played out, dully exasperated. This ‘Taka’ was clearly an out-of-towner, and a foreigner too from the sound of his accent. He seemed harmless enough as well. “So why is he here?” she muttered to herself, running a hand through her hair. Silver hair…you don’t see that every day.

Still hovering in place, Banksy decided to allow Salieri the time to converse with the newcomer. It seemed wrong to continue the challenge while they spoke since he had been a surprise factor.

If he didn’t stop her, Salieri would grab TK by the neck of his shirt and yank him back for two reasons. The first was so he didn’t step into the many layers of Spikes that littered the field. The second was so she could spin him around to grab him by the collar with one hand and yell in his face. Either way, she would still yell at him.

“I have to finish tagging that Torkoal to win this match, and you made me miss my chance!” She gestured up at Banksy with her Horsea holding hand. The turtle was too high up for her to jump on from the treehouse, and trying to board using Biz’s Vine Whips was too risky. Salieri leaned a little closer, her eyes became intense, and she quietly growled, “Now you have to make it up to me.”

I already lost here today, I’m not losing here twice! Not when I’m so close!

The bandanna girl would let go of TK if she still had his collar. She took a step back and pointed to Shuriken. “Fly me up to that turtle so I can get back on and finish what I started.”

Veillantif hung at her side, finding all of this very amusing. Then she giggled, tickled by Sal’s shifting trigger finger. “Or I won’t forgive you. And I’ll have to finish what you started.”  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:39 am
Lumiose City - Gotengo

TK didn't stop her from grabbing his collar, as it was an unexpected development that he didn't have time to prepare for and so he ended up inches from Sal as she yelled orders at him.

People in Kalos are really too touchy...

He mentally grumbled, remaining level headed as he held a palm up, directed at the skarmory behind Sal, who was hunched forward ready to attack. Tk's forward facing palm the universal symbol for stop. The Skarmory obeyed and halted his attack, but remained ready too attack as he stood his ground, poised to strike at the commoner who was man handling his trainer.

"W-what do you mean what I started?" TK asked, eyeborws furrowed, confused. "But yea, we'll fly you up there," the trainer conceded, fixing his messed up s**t collar after Sal released him, unable to see how he could refuse and still sketch the bandana wearing girls Pawniard.

He figured giving her what she wanted would be the fastest way to pick her brain about the pawniard, the easiest way to get what he wanted out of this all to confusing situation.

walking past Sal, TK would, in a single fluid movement, mount Shuriken, leaving enough room for Sal to clamber up behind him. If she did, Shuriken would glare at her with distaste, but ultimately let her climb onto his back as well. Also, Tk would polity hold out a hand Sal could use to aid her in climbing up onto the Skarmory, should she accept it.

"Oh, and just be mindful you don't put your feet on his wings, he doesn't like that at all," TK mindfully warned the battle girl. "Just keep your legs pointed behind you and lean forward when i do, okay?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:09 am
Sal watched TK mount Shuriken, then used her parkour experience to mimic his movement and sit right behind him without trouble. She wrapped an arm around his waist to secure herself, not caring if the kids at Gotengo would write a fanfiction about her and 'Taka' later for it. "No feet on wings, got it. Let's go!"

Durendal narrowed his eyes, feeling very protective as Sal got on the Skarmory. Was she really going to trust and use this stranger just to win? It was much more dangerous in the skies. He wanted to be there with her in case she got hurt, but he'd only slow them down. Be careful, Salieri.

Her Chespin had the opposite reaction. Big hearts replaced his eyes while he watched Salieri with admiration. She didn't even flinch when Shuriken was poised to strike her, though Biz didn't know that Salieri was relying on her pokemon to bail her out if the Skarmory had attacked. [My trainer is so badassss!] he cooed like a giddy schoolgirl.

Banksy rose higher into the air, gaining speed. "She's getting away!" Salieri yelled. "C'mon!"  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:26 pm
Lumiose - Gotengo

TK inwardly sighed as Sal brushed off his advice, while Shuriken Rolled his eyes at Biz.

[Badass, or rude. Hard to tell really,] The skarmory taunted before launching into the air before the chespin could respond. His angle was set at a steady horizontal incline towards Bansky.

With a handful of powerful wing strokes Shuriken, TK, and Sal were almost above the Torkal.

To Takamaru, Sal's determination was infectious, where as to others she might be exhausting. That or TK was just highly impressionable, probably the later. Either way TK was beginging to feel the rush of a challange as they sped through the air. He found it funny that he ws going all in to help this stranger deface a Torkal's shell and he didnt even know her name, or why for that matter.

Better than flying around lost. He reasoned with himself  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:14 pm
Biz Marquis rose an eyebrow. Salieri's tough attitude was what made him want to join her back at Sycamore's lab, and he hadn't really analyzed it since. Was she rude because she was badass? Or was she badass because she was rude? [What's the difference?] the Chespin called up to the Skarmory with sincerity, who may have been too far to hear. Dune just closed his eyes and shook his head at his teammate's question.

At the sight of the incoming Skarmory, Banksy flew up higher. White Jet ran on her Special Attack and her Speed, so she was more than twice as fast while flying. Once she was higher than the walls surrounding Gotengo, Banksy fired a Flame Burst down at the Skarmory. The steel bird may have been many levels higher than the pokemon on Sal's team, but her level was even higher than that. She was confident that the match was hers.

“How fast can you go?” Salieri asked TK loudly over the wind whipping at their ears while the ball of compressed fire zoomed in their direction. She didn’t want to order TK to dodge the projectile: she assumed he had the common sense to do it himself.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm
Lumiose - Gotengo

Shuriken heard had indeed heard Biz down below and replied as such, his reply sounding as only a metallic caw to the humans ears, but Biz would understand.

[Rudeness and Badassery are not two sides of the same coins, little monkey thing,] The metalic bird cawed as his trainer used his legs to grip the skramorys sides tighter, before leaning forward and tapping a finger three times near the base of Shuriken's neck. The unspoken order for an Agility

"Hold on tight and don't throw up on me please!" TK called over the rushing wind as Shuriken picked up a boost of speed, while his trainer was really wishing he had thought to buy a pair of goggles to protect his eyes from this horrendous wind. But then again, he hadn't figured he'd be doing any combat in the air

Suddely, as TK leaned to the left, Shuriken dipped to the opposite direction just before coming into contact with the compressed orb of flames, but soon enough to where the flames wouldn't come into contact with his metallic hide, before continuing into a complete 360 degree rotation around the flame burst. [-Is it not better to be Regal and badass, no?] The metallic bird called down to Biz after his impressive flying maneuver.

Bansky may be a higher level than Shuriken, but the air was his domain and he would not be out-flown by a flying turtle. The trio would be almost directly on top of the flying Torkal after Shuriken put on another boost of speed in the form of Agility again. All the while dodging any other flame bursts Banky deiced the throw at them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 am
Biz furrowed his brow at the comment. Not because of what Shuriken said, but because he could only make out one word, which he didn't understand. [What does 'regal' mean?] he asked Dune. Dune bowed his head down, slightly embarrassed by both of his teammates.

With two Agility boosts, the Skarmory was faster than the Torkoal. As the Flame Bursts exploded in the air behind them like fireworks, which is what people looking up in the city probably thought they were, Salieri realized it'd be impossible to shoot the rest of the tag onto Banksy with the wind in her eyes. She'd have to do it fast, and she'd have to board to do it.

She had also forgotten how much fun it was to fly around on a pokemon. It's been way too long... Veillantif was having a grand old time, cooing to herself as she was yanked through the air. She'd never been flying before, and it. Was. Awesome.

Once Shuriken got close, Banksy spun in the air, releasing a Fire Spin that expanded out around her like a barrier, preventing them from getting closer safely. "Get to the top!" Sal told TK, pointing to the top of the fire funnel. "I'll drop from there!"

Banksy must have somehow heard that comment, because in the next moment a Flamethrower pierced out from the center of the Fire Spin barrier like a needle, blasting towards Shuriken and his baggage. It would track and follow the steel bird's movement as far as Banksy could shift her neck to make it happen.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:41 am
Lumiose - Gotengo

Shuriken was more than able o dodge the initial flamethrower but was nicked on his under side by carelessly flying too close to the firespin, while looking for an opening. Fire was the bane of his existence, burning to hot and enveloping everything in its path, ugly and completely UN-regal. That and the fatigue he was feeling ever growing from the Gym battle earlier was taking its toll and making him cranky.

Beauty sleep was key, after all.

TK had Shuriken duck, weave and dodge in a spectacular aerial dance that would make a pilot blush. TK was steering Shuriken in ever increasingly difficulty to follow maneuvers around Bansky, hoping to eventually confuse to flying turtle and give Sal her opening. one pass they would fly a horizontal circle around Banksy, then vertically, the half of a vertical circle, before switching into a counter clockwise horizontal rotation, all while keeping out of the range of the fire spin shield.

If no opening presented itself soon, TK was worried that, even though Shuriken had the advantage in the air, the Torkals level difference would be the deciding factor and eventually knock the Trio out of the air.

In hopes of adding confusion to the fray, TK began having Shuriken throw out Air Cutters in random intervals as they continuously danced around the needling flame thrower. "Take the opening if you see it, Well catch you if you miss or fall off!" TK called over the air, just narrowly dodging a flamethrower.  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games