Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:31 pm
PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Alzzak

Rain Yupa

Ryssa Blackblood

Will do a post soon.

Everyone go ahead and roll their initiative in the dice rolling thread.

Pupsage, go ahead and roll your damage for your attack on Nathaniel as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:56 am
Init: 20
Dmg: 10  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:59 pm
PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Rain Yupa

Ryssa Blackblood

Map is up! I will be giving Blue Moon till Monday to roll his initiative at which point the battle will start. I will be enforcing my 24 hour rule where once you are notified it is your turn, you will be given 24 hours to post before I move on to the next person's turn. Good luck in the battle everyone!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:24 am
Init 19  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:32 am
Ryssa Blackblood

Like the rogue sneak attack, you can only apply your attack finesse damage once per turn, so it only affect your first attack on solider 11. However, whenever you crit a target you roll the extra crit damage listed on your magic weapon. Since you have a +1 Magic Shuriken it can roll and extra 1d6 damage on each soldier that you crit.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:33 am
PupSage

Go ahead and post your actions, I will make an update post when i get home from work.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:35 am
Kowsauni
Ryssa Blackblood

Like the rogue sneak attack, you can only apply your attack finesse damage once per turn, so it only affect your first attack on solider 11. However, whenever you crit a target you roll the extra crit damage listed on your magic weapon. Since you have a +1 Magic Shuriken it can roll and extra 1d6 damage on each soldier that you crit.

The enchantment for my attacks comes from the ki focus for 1d8 rather than 1d6...and I spelled out all of the different segments in the dice rolling thread. Finesse was only used on the non-crit attack to make the damage spread more evenly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:50 pm
Ryssa Blackblood
Kowsauni
Ryssa Blackblood

The enchantment for my attacks comes from the ki focus for 1d8 rather than 1d6...and I spelled out all of the different segments in the dice rolling thread. Finesse was only used on the non-crit attack to make the damage spread more evenly.

Ok, I see now, you did it right. I missed the writing in the parenthesis this morning. Thanks for explaining that.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:39 pm
I Drink Blue Moon

Hmm, I know you don't have access to your character sheet anymore so I will explain the attack you are trying to use.

Hellfire Blast is a close blast and not a close burst. It only hits an area of 3 by 3 squares adjacent to you. For example you can either aim up at the lieutenant and the one solider or down at Nathaniel and the two other soldiers from T12.

You have a +6 to hit with the attack and you need to roll separately for each creature you try to hit with the attack. However, you only roll the damage once.

Hellfire blast also hits a lot harder at 3d8+8 damage, half on a miss.

Now that you know how that power works I will allow you to change your movement as well. To move to T12 would trigger two opportunity attacks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:23 pm
Kowsauni

It's gonna come up for my turn, so I'll ask now:

Now does movement around the trees (brown circles) work? Am I able to go diagonal past them, or do I need to make a right turn?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:34 pm
Kowsauni
Ryssa Blackblood
Kowsauni
Ryssa Blackblood

Ok, I see now, you did it right. I missed the writing in the parenthesis this morning. Thanks for explaining that.
No problem. Hakka's attacks can get pretty crazy with the lots of math, so I figured itemizing it would be best.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:44 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

It's gonna come up for my turn, so I'll ask now:

Now does movement around the trees (brown circles) work? Am I able to go diagonal past them, or do I need to make a right turn?

You can move diagonally around trees as they don't fill the entire square, however they are still blocking terrain. I was also going to mention as well on your turn that, though you vision is partly blocked by the undergrowth, you can see everything taking place in the clearing, provided a tree trunk is blocking the view.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:27 am
Kowsauni

Which lieutenant made the claim that I was full of it? So I can prioritize my targets for next turn.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:07 am
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Which lieutenant made the claim that I was full of it? So I can prioritize my targets for next turn.

It was L1  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:17 pm
Believe it or not, the response to my post was actually more ideal for my objective than it was at first glance, and consequently better than expected.

At best, I expected one, MAYBE two sides of the encounter to listen, but not all three. And all it would take is one party (if nothing else, I would presume the adventurers who can simply ignore skill check results from other players) to press the assault and break down any slight sliver of truce my action could have caused and reignite the conflict.

But yes, all in all, it has made my path very clear now. I look forward to my next post.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games