Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:13 pm
Haru Yates
you can see the result of the d20 roll just above (or at the top of) my post.

Also yeah I already use dice all the time, I just don't say when a lot of the time, like when shiki "died" I rolled a d4, but I use dice everywhere like there is an event in EP2 where every time you jump in the map I roll a d20 if it's 20 something crazy happens  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:29 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

I prefer encounters that are relevant to the plot

Oh yeah, no, they will have a reason to be there, all of them will be very specially designed for every area some might even have items to start quests, but this will still be a smaller thing but it will stop a ok we are at dark town and we need to get to light town... cool days and days of walking doing nothing or maybe finding the middle of a quest we haven't started
Haru Yates
Xa44
Would you like it if I had a EXP and leveling system, or any more video game like things?

To be honest, I'm not sure I like EXP leveling systems. I mean, I do like the idea of growing stronger without the use of items or other power-ups, but I dislike the idea of everything having a set EXP value. The EXP system kinda works if you are willing to reward us for completing social challenges and puzzles too.
My main concern here is that with my character, the levels I mentioned were more for the spells than for the character. I like the idea of him developing his skills and gaining better control as he practices them. (Unless practicing on spare time = EXP points.) Even if he hasn't officially gained the next level of a certain spell, he may still try to use it (as is the nature of "if you don't succeed, try again" ). If I learn spells by spell level, then Terran may be pretty pathetic until about level 3, where he suddenly becomes much more capable all at once. (Because the higher the spell level, the stronger the spell and/or more advanced the technique.)
For example, Terran may have successfully used one of his more advanced (higher level) abilities before reaching that level (such as "flood", level 2 Tangible shadow ability), but because he hasn't mastered the spell yet, he lacks the control to use it reliably or safely, making it incredibly difficult to cast and control at will. (He knows it's possible, but he doesn't quite know how to maintain or control it.) Then again, I suppose the exp system could reflect this as well...

In short, the EXP system works fine, but I like an intuitive system as well (where experience awarded is not a set amount), if that makes sense...

As for other video game mechanics, if you expect the battles to be tough, then something to revive a knocked out ally might be useful to prevent character death. (Healing potions might also be useful.) The d20 system is always handy (and we can roll a die when we post by choosing it in the post action).
Items to cure things like blindness and other typical rpg items (magical jewlery, for example) may also be useful depending on the campaign.

I will put in work to make it feel good and EVERYTHING will give EXP and I probably will mess with the order of the abilities so they are learned one at a time
Small faster LV ups will feel more realistic and lets things flow better

Haru Yates
Xa44
This RP will have 90% of it be optional kinda, do you want to have different ways that your character could end, as in abilities and stuff, kinda like different classes, also maybe combine this with the last question a bit?

As you know, Terran also seeks retribution against his father, so I would like to see that happen as well. I would like to see Terran develop all of his shadow abilities by the time he defeats Fenrir. (or by the time Fen is killed, even if not by Terran's hand.) If Fen is killed in a fight with our group, then I would prefer it if Terran lands the final blow, but if there's a twist and we see Fen killed by some other means, than Terran will be pretty pissed off and shift his hatred to the new enemy/threat. Once that's all done and over with, Terran isn't quite sure what he wants to do with his life. Maybe he'll study medicine/pathology, fall in love, start a family... *shrugs* He hasn't thought about it much. He'd stick with the group purely because he has nothing better to do and nowhere else to go at that time. (Nothing is really off the table, but I'd prefer to not see my character die. Nobody likes character death after investing so much time into them.

I figured that if we get to the end of one character's story arc, then maybe we'd continue on the path of another's motivation. (maybe they overlap, maybe they don't, but you can drop plot hooks and clues along the way. Maybe after coming to the end of a story arc, everybody is celebrating in a tavern and a mysterious person walks in and suddenly drops dead? That would be enough to pull us back into a new/existing

Oooohhhhhhhh kkkkkkkk, so first by different end points I ment like he finds different item or people that lead him to learn different things like with DnDs sub classes. second terrans story and kates story fit so well together that I have made them 1 witch I can hope I can do with the other players, and also after that story ends because of things, like I said 90% optional stuff and I have a small plan to have every leader have a quest and have a lot of people in the towns have quests and... sorry got a bit off topic

Anyway to sum things up big world, it's about the side quests and adventure less on 1 main story

Sounds good.

I can't really think of anything in the way or RPG items... scrolls to "raise dead" (basically a phoenix down for the actually dead) might be useful... money might be useful too... *shrugs* things that provide better elemental resistances would be pretty useful.

As for the d20 thing, sometimes it's fun to roll your own dice, is all I'm saying. Then we can't complain about the result. xp  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 pm
Haru Yates

I can't really think of anything in the way or RPG items... scrolls to "raise dead" (basically a phoenix down for the actually dead) might be useful... money might be useful too... *shrugs* things that provide better elemental resistances would be pretty useful.

As for the d20 thing, sometimes it's fun to roll your own dice, is all I'm saying. Then we can't complain about the result.

Items I am cool on, and I prefer to have die rolls be private for reasons.

Also for some reason I'm having a problem where the text box here is squished and I can't use the quote button or anything up there also it's really hard to read 2 words at a time, know why this is happening and how I can fix it  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:58 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

As for the d20 thing, sometimes it's fun to roll your own dice, is all I'm saying. Then we can't complain about the result.

Items I am cool on, and I prefer to have die rolls be private for reasons.

Also for some reason I'm having a problem where the text box here is squished and I can't use the quote button or anything up there also it's really hard to read 2 words at a time, know why this is happening and how I can fix it

Hmm... It appears to be working fine for me. I don't usually use the Quote button at the top of the text box (beside where it says "code" and "URL", right?). If you click "Quote" instead of "Reply" when you go to respond to the thread, then you shouldn't really have to use the quote button at the top much. (It's BB code, so if you can remember what "codes" the buttons add in, then you can just type it in yourself without those buttons. I think I posted a link to a guide for it on the first page of this thread.)
Although if the text box is too small, you can usually click the bottom-right corner of the text box and drag it to resize it.
Are you still having the problem?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:08 pm
Haru Yates

Ok so like here are some things that WILL be added
"Random encounters" that will involve some enemys and also finding wandering adventures that will have there own long lasting questlines some of witch will have ties to impotent things
One of witch is a pair of brothers from the dark town that would frequently go back to there home and tell tales of there adventurers but stopped showing up as much after the war, they are very passionate about there hometown and are fairly well know throughout the town
Bringing up this for very obvious reasons  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:47 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Ok so like here are some things that WILL be added
"Random encounters" that will involve some enemys and also finding wandering adventures that will have there own long lasting questlines some of witch will have ties to impotent things
One of witch is a pair of brothers from the dark town that would frequently go back to there home and tell tales of there adventurers but stopped showing up as much after the war, they are very passionate about there hometown and are fairly well know throughout the town
Bringing up this for very obvious reasons

Sounds awesome!
Also, there is one thing that I should probably tweak about Terran's backstory. I'd like to change it so that Terran does have a house. I realized that it doesn't make much sense for him to have not inherited his house from his mother when she died. Thus, he's not homeless, but he does still work as a resurrectionist/grave-robber (officially, he's a grave digger for the Undertaker) and spends a good amount of time on the streets. (Not much else to do during the day.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:14 pm
Haru Yates

Ok, but something to bring up is that with the war would he have the money to stay in that house, yes he has a job but the economy is in a bad spot so if he has a house and can eat food he would be in the 1%, that could be a motivation as to why he may have left town, looking for weath as well as answers about his father , that is a great motivation to become an adventurer and that has been a problem with the characters(getting him out of the house)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:21 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Ok, but something to bring up is that with the war would he have the money to stay in that house, yes he has a job but the economy is in a bad spot so if he has a house and can eat food he would be in the 1%, that could be a motivation as to why he may have left town, looking for weath as well as answers about his father , that is a great motivation to become an adventurer and that has been a problem with the characters(getting him out of the house)

He may have inherited money from his mother (not that there was very much of it, as it would have been difficult for her to have kept a stable job with her mental state).

As for a way to get Terran to leave home...
Any leads concerning the whereabouts of his father would be enough to make him leave (the only reason he's still there is because he doesn't know where to start).
Like I said before, he may have pulled an item off a corpse and accidentally activated it to trigger a teleport to force him away from his home. (Resurrectionists/body snatchers used to remove the clothes from the bodies they stole to avoid being charged with theft. The bodies were considered to not belong to anyone, but the clothes were a different story.)

I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with any more ideas for that. (I'll also try to get on my sister's case and see if she has had a chance to come up with a character yet.)

Happy New Year, BTW! gaia_star  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 pm
Haru Yates

HAPPY NEW YEAR(in 1.5 hours)
Feel like a magical teleport seems a bit... too coincidental so the idea of him getting a lead seems smarter also could give a good hint to the main quest

Also some details about some towns
Arcain- full of 2 kinds of people pranksters and bookworms
Earth- "communism"
Ice- large gaps between classes, the wealthy are oblivious nobles who love art, middle class is full of inventors who have great ideas but none of them are ever made, the poor not as manny criminals as one would think but when crimes do happen they are nominally things that are really big but because of the wealthy being wealthy it makes a small long turm impact  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:32 am
New spell list update(10% done)

DARK
(1)Conjure Shadow- create a shadow, or manipulate existing shardows
(2)Shadow Cloak- cover an area in Shadows that the caster can see clearly in
(3)Form of Shadow- temporarily become a Shadow
(4)Disarming Darkness- use Shadows to stop a target from using physical attacks
(5)Vampiric Prison- target a creature and trap it for a small amount of time and absorb HP from it over time
(6)Shadow Dart- summon a group of darts to then throw at enemys
(7)Shardow Blade- make tools out of shardows
( cool Seal Spell- target temporarily can't cast a spell they know
(9)illusion- create an allusion to confuse a target
(10)Plague- touch a target and apply blind and poison
(11)Hidden Form- temporarily cover yourself in shadows when in this state you cannot be targeted
(12)Shade- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG

FIRE
(1)Fireball- target an area and do higher DMG to everything neer it
(2)Engulf- cover yourself in flames and DMG yourself and everyone neer you
(3)Burning Hands- touch a target and start it on fire
(4)Warmth- warm the battlefield, if a large amount of water is present steam will start to form
(5)Flame Step- if you are in the air: form flames under 1 foot and jump off of it
(6)Flame- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(7)Burning Circle- fire moves out of your body from all directions dealing lesser DMG to everything in range
( cool Flaming Fists- fire covers your hands making all punches and kicks you do be infused with fire deal average DMG
(9) Mystic Fire- burn a stratus ailment away from a nearby target
(10)Consuming flame- touch a target and severely burn them, dealing more DMG every turn it isn't treated

WATER
(1)Flatten- flatten yourself into nothing and reform somewhere nearby
(2)Bubble- put a target in a bubble and make it float upwards until it pops
(3)Flow- move ontop of a stream of water, when on the water you can move faster and have more control over your movements
(4)Waterfall- make a stream of water move toward a target, if hit the target of this spell will be moved to wherever the stream ends and will be nocked over
(5)Bleed- Enchant your blood; and use it for all water spells, DMG done by blood spells are higher then normal
(6)Clean- if you have yet to take DMG: deal high DMG to a farway target
(7)Splash- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
( cool Slash- if sand is around: target anything nearby and deal higher DMG to it
(9)Moist- Touch a taget and it sweats causing the area near them to be warm
(10)Blade- pull a stream of water out of a container: and target anything nearby and deal average DMG

ICE
(1)Remove Heat- drain the heat from a target or item, this only does DMG if used multiple times
(2)Snow- create a cloud of snow that will move to a target
(3)Glacier- create a spike of ice this can only be formed where there is snow
(4)Snowball- create a snowball and throw it somewhere when it lands it expands and covers a large area in snow
(5)Change Terrain- change snow into ice or ice into snow
(6)Cold Counter- if you are targeted by a spell and the caster is standing on ice, you may freeze them to where they are standing
(7)Snow Slide- make snow expand that is touching existing snow
( cool Avalanche- if a large amount of snow is on the ground, make a wave of snow to land ontop of a target
(9)Shard- destroy all ice on the battlefield; deal high DMG to anything standing on ice
(10)Mirror- when targeted by a spell and ice is on the ground near you: once per day; trap the spell in a mirror and recast it until the mirror is broken
(11)Snowflake- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(100)Freeze Soul- freeze any target in time

NATURE
(1)Restoration- target something that will now gradually regenerate HP over time
(2)Polymorph2- turn into any animal
(3)Consume- eat something and gain a small amount of HP and become slightly larger
(4)Trap- make a wall of vines from the ground, these vines can only be destroyed by a fire spell
(5)Steal Leaf- enlarge a leaf to use as a shield
(6)Impale- turn your arm into a sharp tree branch to a attack a nearby target for avrage DMG
(7)Fall- make leafs from plant around you attack a target; a single leaf only does minor DMG
( cool Parasite- throw a seed at a target in range; witch will hatch and start to DMG the target, if the target of this spell gets near another target a seed will also be planted in them
(9)Leaf- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(10)Tangle- move vines around the battlefield and deal avrage DMG to anything that touches them, at the end of you turn you may shirnk the size of the area they cover

EARTH
(1)Animate- turn a object into a minion
(2)Wall- bring a wall of stone out of the ground
(3)Amplification Crystal- make a crystal rise out of the ground, any spell cast through this will have its effect doubled
(4)Stone Skin- cover your skin in stone, when in this state you take less DMG from attacks, if you are targeted by a water spell the stone will fall apart
(5)Gravel Whirlwind- move nearby gravel or sand around you quickly Damaging nearby targets and shielding you from water magic
(6)pebble- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(7)Pitfall- target 3 faraway location and make a hole under the ground a target that stands there will be stuck there
( cool Roll- roll a wave of dirt over a target within range
(9)Mold- touch a rock to change state based on the temperature around it
(10)Crush- target the limb of any living thing around you and deal lesser DMG to that target until the spell falls or focus is lost
(100)Gravity- increase the weight of a target or item, this cannot do DMG directly

AIR
(1)Gust- knock a target back a small amount and do average DMG
(2)Control Storms- manipulate the clouds above you to change the weather temporarily in a small area
(3)Focus Air- separate hot or cold air to attack a target with, DMG done by this spell depends on how hot or cold the air is
(4)Wind Walk- move somewhere in range
(5)Spin- if you are targeted by a spell change the target to a different nearby target
(6)Flow- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(7)Condense- gather air into a ball anywhere in range; after 15 seconds that area will explode Dealing high DMG to everything nearby it
( cool Tone- make the sound of a wind instrument in any area in range
(9)Dance of Blades- create blades of wind that spiral around you hitting everything nearby for lesser DMG
(10)Crinoline- create a small ball of wind to hold up light objects

LIGHTNING
(1)Chain Lightning- deal avrage DMG to a target and a target near that then a target near that target until there is no targets left to move to
(2)View Memories- look into the memories of a target near you
(3)Seance- you can know the location of all living things near you
(4)Charge- build up magical energy endlessly and gain power over time
(5)Thunder Weapon- make a sword and instantly use it to attack a target, if you have a weapon you can cover that instead
(6)Transfer- send a message to a target located anywhere
(7)Generate Heat- hold a bolt of lightning and DMG anything that touches it, if this spell does DMG end it
( cool Spark- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(9)Thunder- strike down lightning from the sky at a target in range, dealing higher DMG
(10)Identity- target anything that can cast spells in range; all spells the target knows will be revived
(11)

LIGHT
(1)Healing Light- lightly heal the party
(2)Healing Hand- touch a target to heal them greatly
(3)Healing Ray- heal a target from range
(4)Sunbeam- when the sun is visible: deal high DMG to a target in range
(5)Purify- remove curses and darkness from an area
(6)Blinding Flash- blind people around you
(7)Warmth- create a warm light that does minor DMG to all undead in a nearby area
( cool Honor Chains- form chains of light contenting you to a target, you and the target of this spell can only DMG each other
(9)Honor String- connect yourself to a willing target, DMG done to both you and the target is halved, but bolth targets take the DMG
(10)Honor Strike- DMG a nearby target, the DMG done by this spell is based on how much DMG you have taken
(11)Light- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(12)Resurrection- target anything that has died in the last 30 seconds: and attempt to revive them
(100)Holly Sunbeam- when the sun is visible: deal absurd DMG to anything, when the sun isn't visible: cast Sunbeam from your hand

ARCANE
(1)Top Hat- cast a random spell either of one type or all types(decided at character creation
(2)Polymorph1- change into any magical creature or any human
(3)Shield- shield the party
(4)Enchant Equipment- buff a piece of equipment
(5)Arcane Beam- higher DMG line attack
(6)Magic Missile- homeing magic attack
(7)Spell blade- Enchant a weapon with a random spell temporarily
( cool Conjure Fortune- make gold or other items out of magic
(9)Rune- mark a floor or wall with a spell that can be activated at any time
(10)Copy- use the last spell that was cast
(11)Arcane Disk- make a ring of arcane magic that can block attacks or be used for attacking
(12)Drain- touch a target and drain them of magic
(13)Dissolve- touch something and slowly make it loss HP as long as you can keep hold of it
(14)Misdirection- make any spell that is cast be aimed at you
(15)Charm- temporarily make a weaker target fall in love with you
(16)Act- make a target make the expression of any emotion, the target of this spell does not feel this emotion
(17)Levitate- move a target into the air, the speed the target can move at is not effected
(1 cool Sparkle- a weak spell that children learn, does very minor DMG
(100)Master Charm- make anyone you think of fall in love with you, this spell lasts for as long as you want it to  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am
Xa44
Earth- "communism"

???
Like, the working class rules? Or dictatorship?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 am
Haru Yates
Xa44
Earth- "communism"

???

Kinda a dictatorship, but mainly it is that all jobs make the same amount of $ and most items cost the same and food is just handed out  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:08 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Earth- "communism"

???

Kinda a dictatorship, but mainly it is that all jobs make the same amount of $ and most items cost the same and food is just handed out

Sounds like an interesting place!

Also, there's an idea that been in my head for a while now. Do any characters play instruments? I've been thinking of giving Terran a skill like that. I'm thinking he can play a double bass or a cello (cello might be more fun, but double bass is more calming). He doesn't own an instrument of his own (it would have been something taught to pass the time & keep him out of trouble as a kid like an after-school activity or something, not that he really cared for music), and his ability to play may not ever be used or needed, but it's there. (Any instruments with a much higher pitch could potentially hurt his ears on the high notes.)

Any thoughts? (On a side-note, he's also got a decent voice, but he insists that he can't sing. He's not the type to place himself directly in the spotlight.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 pm
Haru Yates

Not manny characters are planned out as of now but a bard definitely would show up, and if you want that as part of your character then I will plan things  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:17 pm
Xa44

Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Earth- "communism"

???

Sounds like an interesting place!

Also, there's an idea that been in my head for a while now. Do any characters play instruments? I've been thinking of giving Terran a skill like that. I'm thinking he can play a double bass or a cello (cello might be more fun, but double bass is more calming). He doesn't own an instrument of his own (it would have been something taught to pass the time & keep him out of trouble as a kid like an after-school activity or something, not that he really cared for music), and his ability to play may not ever be used or needed, but it's there. (Any instruments with a much higher pitch could potentially hurt his ears on the high notes.)

Any thoughts? (On a side-note, he's also got a decent voice, but he insists that he can't sing. He's not the type to place himself directly in the spotlight.)

Although a maybe pipe organ might fit his origins better (the church). Actually I didn't realize that organs existed that long ago, but I think it might be too high-pitched for Terran to comfortably play. The double bass may be his most comfortable option but the cello is more bad-a**. I'm just looking up comparisons to figure out what's better for him.  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games