Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:46 pm
SarahArden
My biggest pain in the a** is people telling you you're not a "real goth" just because you don't conform to how they usually dress...

That IS a pain! Either I'm not goth enough, or I'm dressed too much like a goth and I'm "trying to hard." So I'm either a prep or a poser, but I can never be an actual goth?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:27 am
(Black)_(Leaf)
Your not the only one looking for a top hat and a FULL LENGTH DUSTER>,< ebey is selling one but ... hes waiting for more ******** offers lil b***h!!!!

dusters on guys are hot.

keep looking.  

Maggoty Anne

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:29 am
there is one goth boy in our school. he is a manson fan, and today he is wearing a vynil shirt and wa-to-smeared eyemakeup he also wears skirts a lot. and just cus we are both goth people think we are dating. ugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:13 am
Isobel Bellamy
When you get a random guy asking you out because you're "goff" and "into all the S&M s#!t" because " all goff girls are into that kinda stuff" and "he's always wanted to try it"....... yeah.
My dear lady... I apologise on behalf of my gender.
Did you punch him and ask if he enjoyed it? I mean, if he's into pain...

Oh yes, here's one from me. I work at a Rennaisance Faire in the summer, and while I do come to work dressed normally (here, read normal as "top hat, black suit"), I change into clothing that was actually designed to look like a woodcut (except for that one year they had me wear pantaloons with hearts on them... I was playing a madman in Bedlam) and not some frilly romanta-goth stuff. Now, understand, I love frilly romanta-goth clothing, but it is in no way rennaisance garb. Then someone will pass in three pounds of eyeliner and a spiderweb Hot Topic gown. I'm not sure whether they always dress like that or they think they look medevil, but usually one of the actors will shoot me this dirty "you're just like them! Inhistsorical!" look. The other thing about goths and renfairs... so many Captian Jacks... and let's just think... reign of queen Elizabeth... East Indiana Trading company. I know it's only a difference of about 100 years, but it's an important 100 years!

One other thing I'd like to know about... do female goths crossdress as men in other places? I've been mistaken for a crossdresser for both genders.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:14 am
The tripping on the pants one is very accurate, although I once tripped on my own in front of the entire cafeteria. I don't think too many people saw, but it was kind of funny. I never wear converse with tripp pants ever again!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:54 pm
Tusyo
The tripping on the pants one is very accurate, although I once tripped on my own in front of the entire cafeteria. I don't think too many people saw, but it was kind of funny. I never wear converse with tripp pants ever again!!

I can't wear converse, they have no support, and i have high arches, and it sucks, i'd love to though  

Avalon Niamh Sky

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:14 pm
Avalon Niamh Sky
Tusyo

I can't wear converse, they have no support, and i have high arches, and it sucks, i'd love to though

I know, same with me. I have one pair of chucks but they're too flat for me. I do have a pair of Converse sneakers that aren't old-school chucks and they have mroe support, plus they're slip-on. I love them, they're so comfy!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 pm
Here's some of my rants:

1. Being called a 'emo' while walking around a shopping center.
2. Being told "I'm not goth, I wear colours." (I wore orange shorts to sports days, so some year 8's thought i wasn't a goth.)
3. Being called, freak, vampire, psycho etc.
4. Random people asking, "Are you a goth? Do you worship Satan? Are you possessed?"
5. People believing rumors that I carried a switchblade in my math textbook and threatened to slit anyone's throat when they wouldn't give me the answers.

(that was an actual rumor at my school and people actually believed that!!!)

Just some of my rants.....  

darkcrimsongoth

Fux this account

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:43 pm
...I guess the constant parental bitchery is my biggest annoyance  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:32 pm
My number one pain in the a** thing HAS to be.. I have a white cat and she sheds a lot, which results in me having white cat hair all over my dark clothes. Even on the days I DONT pet her! xd

Shiiba

Shiiba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:37 pm
Nazo no Kanjojin
LordAmunShae
The most annoying thing to me is the stares and the whispering I've had people walk past me and turn around and stare at me like i'm some sort of attraction at the zoo. They don't realize how degrading it is. Next is the names I've been called, like one time I was at the state fair with two of my friends and we were just sitting there smoking and talking and this group of jocks walked by then we hear it. "Fags!" I know it's no use getting worked up about it but I'd had a rough day and that was the last staw for me. So I managed to find a rock the size of a base ball and lobbed it at a head. I ended up with a broken nose that night but they got far worse. What I'm saying I guess is i'm not going to sit back and let people degrade me for being the person i am. Just because I wear eyeliner and have a different style does not mean that I am a f**....though I am bisexual.

Sorry for double posting. But I agree with this! I was making fun of these girls who looked like they were gonna go beastiaity on us, and they started calling me gay! I'm like, "If i said half the stuff that I wanted to say out loud, you'd kill me." But like you, LordAmunShae, I'm bi as well, but...people don't know it...in teh real world.

I dont mean to be rude but arent you just as bad for making fun of those girls..?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 am
Well people just assume I worship the devil but i am a catholic. places to find black clothes where i live is hard. I had a pair of black jeans that steadily went light grey which was annoying. I dont have that problem of people standing on my pants cuz people stand on my long black jacket first. If only my dad bothered finding out what music i listen to maybe he would have a problem. i mostly listen to metal from finland so that includes apocalyptica, children of bodom, sonata arctica, lordi, the rasmus and HIM etc. but physical abuse and mental abuse irritate me the most. where i come from is notorious for scumbags (chavs, gangstas etc) and its hard to hang with my gothic, some emo friends  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

objektiv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:26 pm
1. The one day i don't wear black everyone gives me crap about it i.e. other "mainstream" students
2. Whenever I smile someone gasps any yells I didn't think you could smile
3. This isn't really goth but the fact that I am learning German everyone assumes I'm a Nazi (I'm half black and Jewish....am I the only one who can make the connection?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm
Maggoty Anne
(Black)_(Leaf)
Your not the only one looking for a top hat and a FULL LENGTH DUSTER>,< ebey is selling one but ... hes waiting for more ******** offers lil b***h!!!!

dusters on guys are hot.

keep looking.

i love my duster...only clothing i have that's cleaning instructions say...when dirty spray with water hose...when really dirty beat with stick  

ketchakik

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm
ketchakik
Maggoty Anne
(Black)_(Leaf)

dusters on guys are hot.

keep looking.

i love my duster...only clothing i have that's cleaning instructions say...when dirty spray with water hose...when really dirty beat with stick

I didn't get cleaning instructions with mine sweatdrop
but I'll keep those tips in mind 3nodding  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games