Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Lightsaber Lucas Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamer42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:22 pm
I can see the lasers flying by my head now...*is a sucker for that kind of thing*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:12 pm
Nope, not IMAX.

We're talkin real deal 3D, with glasses and all that.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:49 pm
"mines not working."-Leela, the robot planet episode of futurama.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:33 pm
3D could turn out awsome. I want a star destroyer to fly onto the screen over my head. xd  

Flamer42

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:37 pm
I'm skeptical about it. It has the potential to be pretty cool, but . . . well, let's just wait and see. I'm still not sure whether the 3D info is even legit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:38 pm
Just picture Luke firing torps into the Death Star, in 3D  

FrozenPhoenix32

Ra-share

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:41 am
Has anyone else noticed the fact that Obi-wan and Darth Vader don't recognise C3P0 and R2-D2 and vise vesa...Someone please explain that to me...or is that as confusing to everyone else...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:18 am
the R2 class droid is a common model through out the galaxy. there has to be more than one blue astromech out there.
as for 3PO, the minute he plated himelf in gold, he became similar to the other 3PO units across the stars, as Anakin based him off an actual production model droid used by diplomats. if you recall, the 3po model droid made an apperiance in the hallway of the Tantive IV in ANH and on Bespin in ESB. both times C-3PO were visible as well.
The Galaxy is a big place. theres a huge number of Automata going about their duties out there. besides, theres more important things to worry about than recognizing a couple of droids.  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:26 am
Plus, if you want, you can actually take a good look at the the beginning of A New Hope. When Luke tells Obi Wan that R2 claims to be his, he kinda looks very contemplative (perhaps recognition somewhere?), and only says he doesn't recall ever owning a droid of that kind. So he never says he doesn't recognize him. blaugh And other than that, nobody who was around in the first movies actually sees the droids, with the exception maybe of Vader and 3PO on Cloud City, but 3PO was in pieces on Chewie's back and Vader couldn't well go over and say "Hey, what's up?" to him. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:13 am
yep, exactly what they said.

adn technically Obi never DID own R2.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Flamer42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:16 am
these are all very good points...hmm 3D B-wings.....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:48 am
yes...3D space battles would be 3Delicous in the visual aspect...though I have a feeling some people would get seizures from seeing the awesome 3D goodness.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:27 am
yeah, but thered be a disclaimer and all that jazz.

Death star lazering Alderaan in 3D. You just KNOW the shards will come out at you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:42 pm
Cale Darksun
the R2 class droid is a common model through out the galaxy. there has to be more than one blue astromech out there.
as for 3PO, the minute he plated himelf in gold, he became similar to the other 3PO units across the stars, as Anakin based him off an actual production model droid used by diplomats. if you recall, the 3po model droid made an apperiance in the hallway of the Tantive IV in ANH and on Bespin in ESB. both times C-3PO were visible as well.
The Galaxy is a big place. theres a huge number of Automata going about their duties out there. besides, theres more important things to worry about than recognizing a couple of droids.

actually, to take an offensive to the 3P0, 2 things make me still wonder.

1) the gold plating was from Amidala's preference, according to the clone wars miniseries, saying it was a unique touch.

2) both in ANH and ESB the 3P0 droids were silver. in my versions at least.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:32 pm
that is true...though I could have sworn the one in ANH was just a lighter shade of gold...ah well. regardless, vader didn't recognize him.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games