Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:30 am
does anyone know the name of the book that follows the thawn novels?  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:34 pm
Chronologically, X-wing 8: Isard's Revenge immediately follows the Thrawn Trilogy. After that, it jumps forward a few years to the Jedi Academy Trilogy.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:34 pm
Right. X-Wing.

I should read that after NJO.

My dad yelled at me yesterday. "Stop reading the damn star wars books" he said to me.

hah. This kid was talking about Ender's Game right, and he was like, "eight books not bad, but then I saw they were 300 pages each." and im like..

"try reading a 19 book series with around 350 pgs average."

NJO=LONG  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:08 am
In my opinion, X-Wing is a must-read for any true Star Wars fan. The X-Wing books were the first books that turned away from the major heroes and showed the lives of those people who make up the real backbone of the New Republic. With the exception of Wedge Antilles, a must-have in a Rogue Squadron series, the only heroes in the series don't become major players until much later, like Corran Horn and Wraith Squadron, for those of you reading NJO. Also, the X-Wing series portrays the fall of Coruscant, definitely a major event in the Galactic Civil War.

BTW, thanks for the clarification Durza.  

Mercury33

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:34 pm
I second that. And you're welcome.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:49 pm
NickCpointless
does anyone know the name of the book that follows the thawn novels?

i reccomend linking your sig to us.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:59 am
I was rereading the Thrawn trilogy yesterday (yes, that's right. The whole trilogy in a day. I'm a dork) and it just struck me by how old the trilogy is. I tried counting how many times the OT is directly referred to, but I lost track around 30. It's just kind of funny that there's all those references to the OT, but no references to ealier books (and before you all jump down my throat about that, I know why there are no references. I was just pointing out how it's funny).

I also noticed how many references to The Hand of Thrawn duology there are. Was Zahn planning Hand of Thrawn even while he was writing the original Thrawn story?  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:43 pm
Mercury33
I was rereading the Thrawn trilogy yesterday (yes, that's right. The whole trilogy in a day. I'm a dork) and it just struck me by how old the trilogy is. I tried counting how many times the OT is directly referred to, but I lost track around 30. It's just kind of funny that there's all those references to the OT, but no references to ealier books (and before you all jump down my throat about that, I know why there are no references. I was just pointing out how it's funny).

I also noticed how many references to The Hand of Thrawn duology there are. Was Zahn planning Hand of Thrawn even while he was writing the original Thrawn story?

there were Hand of Thrawn references? Example?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:34 pm
Well, most of them are just light references that will be brought up again in the duology, like the fact that the blaster is in the Corvis Minor entry in the Imperial Library, and Han and Leia go to Corvis Minor ten years later.

But the main reference is when Borsk Fey'lya finds Tallon Karrde towards the end of The Last Command and begs him to help Leia destroy Mount Tantiss because there are things i the storehouse that would be disastrous for both the Bothan people and the galaxy as a whole if they were ever revealed. In the Hand of Thrawn Duology, it is revealed that he's talking about the Camaas document. Since this plea is not mention at all in any book written between the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Duology, it makes you wonder if he was planning the duology when he wrote the trilogy.

BTW, I just finished reading Tatooine Ghost. I loved it. It's great if ou want to look into Anakin Skywalker's past.

Does anyone remember the names of the other 12 GAs? I know the Insider did an article on them, but I've lost it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:41 am
Tatooine Ghost was just awesome wasnt it?

Borsk Fey'lya is an a*****e anyway.

try wookieepedia.  

FrozenPhoenix32

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:50 pm
Here's the list i found.. seems accurate enough..

Grand Admiral Tigellinus
Grand Admiral Syn
Grand Admiral Grunger
Grand Admiral Pitta
Grand Admiral Takel
Grand Admiral Il-Raz
Grand Admiral Makati
Grand Admiral Batch
Grand Admiral Grant
Grand Admiral Zaarin
Grand Admiral Teshik
Grand Admiral Declann
Grand Admiral Thrawn  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:43 am
TaylaEwa

Grand Admiral Tigellinus
Grand Admiral Syn
Grand Admiral Grunger
Grand Admiral Pitta
Grand Admiral Takel
Grand Admiral Il-Raz
Grand Admiral Makati
Grand Admiral Batch
Grand Admiral Grant
Grand Admiral Zaarin
Grand Admiral Teshik
Grand Admiral Declann
Grand Admiral Thrawn

you forgot PElllaeon  

FrozenPhoenix32

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:38 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
TaylaEwa

Grand Admiral Tigellinus
Grand Admiral Syn
Grand Admiral Grunger
Grand Admiral Pitta
Grand Admiral Takel
Grand Admiral Il-Raz
Grand Admiral Makati
Grand Admiral Batch
Grand Admiral Grant
Grand Admiral Zaarin
Grand Admiral Teshik
Grand Admiral Declann
Grand Admiral Thrawn

you forgot PElllaeon

meh, i got most of them  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:14 pm
Pellaeon wasn't one of the origional grand admirals.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:51 pm
but Pellaeon was the coolest.

Seriuously, someone with Imperial ideals who isnt a ******** nazi is awesome.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games