Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret
Crew

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:37 am

User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : unsorted

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

After the long journey to the castle, Annalise found herself in line with her fellow First Years to be sorted. The train ride from Kings Cross to Hogsmeade was long, and rather boring. The girl ended up taking a nap while on the train, only to be awoken by another student when they had arrived at the next platform. Venturing out with the crowd of children, Anna felt the churn of excitement in her stomach. Sure, she didn't want to leave her sisters back home, but she was so close to Hogwarts. She could physically see it! Right there, in the distance. The massive castle loomed over the town of Hogsmeade, the distant lights glowing against the dark sky. It was, well, magical, and so was she. It had really hit her hard. She was a witch, and this journey to the castle was the first of many adventures into a brand new world.

Falling in line with the others, Annalise kept close to the other First Year students. They were called towards the Black Lake, where a set of boats were waiting to carry them across the water. She took a seat near the back of her boat, wanting to stay aboard for as long as possible. They glided across the Lake, Anna's brown eyes staring longingly at the watery depths. Apparently, there was a giant squid swimming around down there. It sounded like a monster, but the girl wondered, maybe it wasn't? She wanted to see it, in person, one day. Eventually, they reached the boathouse, where the students were corralled from the boats into the courtyard and, finally, into the castle.

Standing in line with the others, Anna's heart pounded. She heard whispers from her classmates about the different houses. There was Gryffindor, where the brave students were placed, and Slytherin, housing the most cunning students. Ravenclaw was where the smartest students were sorted, and then there was Hufflepuff, the home of the loyal. Entering the Great Hall, Annalise pondered her sorting. Where would she be placed? She felt as if she could go anywhere, but hoped for Gryffindor. She was fearless, in her eleven year old mind, and longed for adventure. That meant she was brave, right? When her name was called from the list of students, she felt heat rise to her cheeks. It was her turn. Pushing all thoughts out of her mind, she approached the hat with a stern face. Be brave. Wherever she was placed, she would be fine. Well, maybe not in Ravenclaw. She didn't see herself as a scholar. Regardless, Annalise sat upon the stool, felt the old hat be placed upon her head, gazed out upon the sea of students, and waited for the hat's decision.

■ STUBBORN Annalise is incredibly headstrong. She has a strong will and sense of self. When she sees something she wants, she goes for it, and she won't take no for an answer.
                                                  ■ ADVENTUROUS Since she was very young, Annalise has loved the outdoors. She would rather be outside exploring than inside reading a book. She is curious about the world, yes, but she would much rather experience it for herself than learn about it from a secondhand source.
                                                  ■ MUSICAL Annalise loves music, particularly rock and punk. She almost always has a song stuck in her head, and can usually be found tapping her toe to some unheard rhythm, or even humming a tune. Her love of music led her to learn how to play the guitar.
                                                  ■ FIERCE Annalise puts her whole heart into everything she does. When she plays, she plays to win, almost aggressively sometimes. She is also very competitive.
                                                  ■ PROTECTIVE Being the eldest of three, Annalise has become very protective of her sisters, as well as anyone who she holds dearly. She often appoints herself to the motherly figure in a group, looking out for her friends in any way she can. This also translates to a flaw in her character, because she will even put herself in danger to protect her loved ones.
                                                  ■ RESERVED Annalise doesn't like to talk about her personal life too much. She keeps her secrets to herself, and is very slow to open up emotionally to even her closest friends. She does this to not seem weak, but instead, she comes off as an aloof and distant person.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:44 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image

A world that sends you reeling
                                                    From decimated dreams
                                                    Your misery and hate will kill us all
                                                    So paint it black, and take it back
                                                    Let's shout it loud and clear, defiant to the end

Ollie was nervous but excited. While he wouldn't mind continuing family traditions he wasn't keen on what that would mean for sorting. His family was primarily Slytherins, heck even Jarrett was in Slytherin. But Ollie wasn't keen on being in the same house as Jarrett. Did the hat put siblings together? He was very different than Jarrett though. Ollie had plenty of time to let that worry grow he was most definitely last to be sorted. Once the teacher finally got to his name he went and sat on the stool in front of the school 'Mr. Hat? Can I not be Slytherin? I don't want to go there and I don't think I do good there at all....so please no Slytherin?' He thought hoping the hat would be nice to him.

MEEK Oliver will rarely speak up for himself. He prefers to keep to the background and go unnoticed
                                                              PROTECTIVE Oliver cares how other people and things are treated. He quick to stand up for others even his brother whether it is deserved or not.
                                                              FRIENDLY Oliver likes to socialize with others as long as they are friendly back.
                                                              SPOILED Oliver comes from a rich family and is the baby brother. He use to getting what he asks for and is unsure how to respond or react well to being told no.
                                                              SOFT HEARTED Oliver feels for the plight of others. He hates when things are hurt or sick. His feelings are easily hurt, with his default reaction being sadness
                                                              NAIVE Oliver has always been sheltered. He alway had someone to help or do things for him. As such he knows little outside the bubble he grew up in.

Do or die, you'll never make me
                                                              Because the world will never take my heart
                                                              You can try, you'll never break me
                                                              We wanna all, we want to play this part

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ahaha, not to worry, boy
You're certainly nothing like your brother
A gentler soul, to be sure
You'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:48 am

The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
User Image
Jessica Cara Avery
First Year Unsorted
Eleven Year Old - Pureblood
Younger Sister

Location : Great Hall (Sorting 2044)

Jessica wasn’t worry about the outcome of her sorting. As she listened to Professor Harlowe she thought about the houses and where both her and her cousin would be placed. While she wanted to believe they would both find themselves in Ravenclaw there was no real way of knowing. “Jessica Avery,” Hearing her name called she looked to Benjamin. “You’ll be fine Benny.” She told him before going up.

Since her name was first, she hoped maybe it would put Benjamin’s mind at ease. Course it might not. Taking a seat on the stool, Jessica took a breath. She was her father’s daughter or so her mother always said. It was only fitting for her to follow in his footsteps. Heaven knows she wasn’t headed into Gryffindor. She was not like her brother.

Company : First years... Benny

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ■ INQUISITIVE I’m a curious sort. Since I was small, I’ve liked watching people and things, especially if they’re colorful. I liked watching my mother's bird and listening to the nice sounds it made. Wondering all the while how it does it. I found the piano interesting with the pretty sounds it made too. Wanting to know how it worked, I learned how to play. Now I find I ask lots of questions about things I’d like to know. Which quite possibly can get on the annoying side for some people.
                                                          ■ CREATIVE Like I mentioned I found an interest in the piano. The moment I got the change I decided to play it. I like playing it. Then again, I like music in general. It’s relaxing. I have a seemingly natural gift for playing music. Not only do I play sheet music, but I also play around with notes and rhythms. Mum even let me learn the harp like I want too. I enjoyed the challenge. It was well worth it, course I’m still working on mastering the art of harp playing.
                                                          ■ QUIET I’ve never made much noise even when I was a baby. Compared to my brother you wouldn’t even know I’m there. Sure, he's older but you can’t get much thinking done with him around. I don’t like loud noises, so I like to keep things quiet. Screaming only leads to more screaming… at least I think it does. I don’t like making myself the complete center of attention. Don’t get me wrong I don’t care if I am in the center of a room, I’m just not going to make a scene to get there. Besides quiet is better for reading books, which I like doing.
                                                          ■ STUDIOUS As I said I like books. Even when I couldn’t read, I’d still look at the pictures. I was always in for a good story being read to me. Now I’m pretty good at sitting down with a good book on my own. I like being surrounded by books of all kinds. With a desire to learn things it’s no surprise. The gears in my head are always turning. I’ve even started to pay attention to odd little things. My attention to detail isn’t as good as my father but perhaps when I’m older I’ll get there.
                                                          ■ MATURE Due to all my reading I’m more aware. The more you know the more aware you can be, right? I’ve always been careful about the world around me. I may be young, but I don’t touch things I’m unsure of or know will cause me harm. I especially don’t go looking for trouble. I’m a responsible kid with a decent understanding of what’s right and what’s wrong. A lot of the time I can sound older then I really am, I’d like to think it’s because I’m sensible.
                                                          ■ PERFECTIONIST Since I started playing piano, I’ve turned into quite the perfectionist. I can’t be anything less then perfect. I’ll spend hours practicing one part until I can do it with my eyes closed. I’m the same with my studies. I need to be right all the time. If I’m not, I’ll spend hours studying until I find the right answer. I also tend to avoid things I’m not good at. I get that from my father including his inability to cook.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Your father's child, indeed, my dear girl
Yes, I see a thirst for knowledge
And a quick and creative mind, as well

Ravenclaw!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 am

The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image

Call up all our friends, go hard this weekend
                                                            For no damn reason, I don't think we'll ever change
                                                            Meet you at the spot, half past ten o'clock
                                                            We don't ever stop, and we're never gonna change

Tara stuck by her friends and sister as they entered. Wow, this place was massive! Sure she knew about Hogwarts already but it was different seeing things in person. They stopped just near the front where the sorting began. She wasn't the last one to go but she almost was. Some worried-looking boy had that honor. When finally her time she went up and sat on the stool. Hopefully, the hat found a place she fit well perhaps with her sister? Then again they were quite different.

IMMATURE
                                                                              xxx»» - - - Tara rarely acts her age. She much prefer play over work. She she expresses emotions freely with out regard to it it the right time and place

DEVIOUS
                                                                              xxx»» - - - Tara likes to plot and plan her pranks and tricks. She also prefers to worm her way out of trouble. Less time getting in trouble means more pranks

RECKLESS
                                                                              xxx»» - - - Tara likes to go full speed ahead in life. Time waits for no one. This can cause her to forgo safety in favor of time or convenience.

INTUITIVE
                                                                              xxx»» - - - Tara while barreling through likes to make sure everything is how it should be. While the plans are made fast they are thought out. She also pretty ibtuned to people and situations.

IMPATIENT
                                                                              xxx»» - - - Tara hates to wait. Even if she has no way to speed things up she will try to or complain about it taking so long. This can cause her to be short with others

QUICK-WITTED
                                                                              xxx»» - - - Tara is quick to react in action and in comment. She usully has a snarky reply or witty joke ready at times

We live like rock stars, dance on every bar
                                                                          This is who we are, I don't think we'll ever change
                                                                          They say just grow up, but they don't know us
                                                                          We don't give a ********, and we're never gonna change

Hm, well well, what to do with you?
    Mischief and brains, and the drive to do something with them
    I think you'll do quite nicely in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:54 am

The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
    User Image
    Benjamin "Benny" Clarisse
    First Year Unsorted
    Eleven Year Old - Half Blood

Benjamin looked up at the ceiling as they entered the great hall. It was different, seeing the night sky while inside. Cool though that’s for sure. His attention was pulled to the sorting when Jess gave him words of encouragement. Though he wasn’t totally sure it was helping. Nothing his cousin had said seemed to make him feel any better. Where would be fit in? Was it with Jessica? He hoped it was with Jessica. He didn’t want to be alone. Benjamin was getting himself worked up about it as he watched Jessica go up to get sorted.

“Benjamin Clarisse,” He still wasn’t sure how his own sorting was going to go. As he pondered the thought, he hadn’t realized his name was called. Upon realizing he was holding up the sorting he quickly made his way to the stool and took a seat. ‘I hope I fit in…’ He thought. That’s all he really wanted. The rest would work itself out.

With : First Years...

■ TIMID I was never one for strangers, normally hiding from them or stay off to the side. I’m just really shy with new people. Since I lost one set of grandparents, I’ve been really timid. Some might even call me a coward. I’m always looking around, afraid that they’ll attack again. To my father’s dismay, it hadn’t made me very confident with much else in my life either.
                                                        ■ QUIET I'm also not the talkative type. I'm quiet, I talk only when I have too. Like when I want something, it's the only way I'll get it. I wasn’t much of a crier when I was a kid. Crying was for emergencies only typically when I hurt myself. I normally enjoy things I can do on my own like reading or drawing, since I’m not a real social person.
                                                        ■ OBSERVANT I'm very observant always looking around at things. Always trying to figure things out. I watch and learn mostly. I'm becoming quite the little investigator in my young age. Knowing what not to touch and what I can touch. Looking at things I sometimes catch little details that would otherwise go unnoticed. I’m nowhere near perfect when it comes to that though.
                                                        ■ DISTRACTIBLE When I was younger, I was easily distracted by bright colors or shiny things. My eye would just go to these objects like they were something amazing. Then I’d always want to touch them. Now I still get distracted more so by new and curious objects. If it’s something I’ve never seem I’m drawn in. Though, I find I can stop myself from touching just about anything. You never know what is safe and what is not.
                                                        ■ CLEVER I love to read and as such I spend a lot of time doing so. When learning new things either from the world around me or a book, I catch on pretty quick. I can put things into practice easily enough. My confidence to show how intelligent I am is lacking like I mentioned earlier.
                                                        ■ COMPASSIONATE I try my best to be the best big brother I can be. I take care of my younger brothers and make sure they stay out of trouble (mostly Caden). I want them to be able to look up to me, like a role model. I’d probably be more doting if I wasn’t so wrapped up in my own problems. Truthfully, I’m a rather sensitive kid. I’m easily bothered and have a hard time bouncing back over certain things (like the death of someone). As such I care about other people’s feelings and am over sympathetic to the problems of others.

Oh, my boy, don't worry, you won't be lonely
    I think you'll make friends easily enough
    Now then, what to do with you?
    Ah, yes, bright and curious as you are, it'd better be

Ravenclaw!
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:56 am

The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
    User ImageUser Image
    xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
    xxx➺ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Everyone?
    xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting Ceremony
    xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't wait!

Jessalyn was stoked. It was finally time for her to get sorted and officially start Hogwarts. To make sure she could try and read the professor's lips when she'd call out her name, Jess carefully scooted to the front. She waited a while, doing her best to keep up with the list. Maybe she and Annie would be in the same house? Or maybe she'd end up with one of her brothers? Either way, she figured it wouldn't be too bad. After all, she didn't seem to have too much trouble making friends.

After a while, she looked up at the professor, who she realized was trying to flag her down. Oh! Perfect! Jess hurried forward, signing her name as a question, hoping she wasn't stealing someone else's spot. When she verified it was her turn, the girl sat down, grinning excitedly as the hat was sat down on her head. Regardless of the choice, she just wanted somewhere to fit in.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxWɪʟᴅ:
    Jessalyn is entirely too hyper. She runs around and makes way too much noise, which is okay in her mind, since she can't hear it.
    xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
    Jessalyn loves learning anything and everything. Unfortunately, she hates learning by reading, so unless it's a hands-on study, she'll find something better to do.
    xxxxxIᴍᴀɢɪɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
    Jessalyn has a vivid imagination. This causes some issues because she often drifts into daydreaming when in class or when she's in the middle of other tasks.
    xxxxxRᴇʙᴇʟʟɪᴏᴜs:
    Consequences don't mean a thing to Jessalyn. She often does things she's not supposed to do, just so she can see if she can get out of trouble.
    xxxxxCʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ:
    Jessalyn has an adorable charm about her. She's good at wrapping people around her fingers, and she uses this to get out of trouble most of the time.
    xxxxxRᴇᴄᴋʟᴇss:
    Jessalyn often acts without real worry about safety and care. She never stops to think about her actions before just doing them, and fully believes everyone else won't mind her wild abandon.

Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇsᴛ
    Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴇsᴛ, I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ʀᴜɴs ᴏᴜᴛ
    Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ꜰᴀʀ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴄᴀʀs
    Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ
    Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪɴ
    Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
    Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ
    Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ
    Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙɪɢ ᴏʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ's ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ɴᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
    Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪɴ
    Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ. Iᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

My, you are a wild one, aren't you?
    It seems to be a family trait
    Quick and cunning, yes, you'll do well with your brothers in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:00 am

The Sorting Hat

Rawwry
    User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
    u n s o r t e d x f i r s t x y e a r ✶
    g r e a t x h a l l x - x s o r t i n g ✶
    f i r s t x y e a r s x
    w h a t x n o w
    n e u t r a l ✶
    s i n g l e ✶

Saffron waited as patiently as she could for her name to be called. Her mother had told her about this part, it made her kind of nervous - but nothing she couldn't handle, of course. She wasn't very particular about which house she wanted to be sorted in, she would make friends no matter where she went. When Saf's name was finally called, she made her way up to the stool, a wide grin on her face. She couldn't wait to tell her parents! She couldn't wait to meet everyone. This was the most exciting moment of her life! Well, so far.

HAPPY Saffron is generally just happy. She has no reason to act any different and really enjoys being cheerful.
    OUTGOING Saffron is always quick to introduce herself to someone else, ready to spread her good mood as far as she can. She is also always ready to lend a hand, even for those she doesn't know.
    HOPEFUL Though she has never really been faced with hardships, she is aware of the hardships others face, but is always hopeful that things will get better. This trait also tends to blind her from seeing that somethings are fruitless or the bad in people.
    RECKLESS Saffron is always willing to risk herself for a good time and an even better story. Though nothing bad has happened. Yet.
    MISCHIEVOUS Saffron loves to get into trouble, poking her nose in places it doesn't belong.
    INTREPID Saffron actively craves adventure, it gets to the point where she forgets to take into consideration any and all consequences of her actions. She will, of course, try to weasel herself out of trouble.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Well, it's always nice to meet such enthusiasm
    So, what'll we do with you, eh?
    An open heart, so eager to meet everybody
    Ah, yes, for sure, you're a

Hufflepuff!
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:52 am

Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅᴀʀʏ, Bᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴛᴀɪʟs. Tʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴀs I ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ.
    I'ᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ, Tʜᴇsᴇ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴʟʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ, Dɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴀɪɴ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏᴀsɪs.
    Sɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀᴍᴘғɪʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴀᴍɪɴᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ.
    Sᴏᴍᴇ Mɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's sᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs. Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴡᴇ ʀɪsᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏs ғᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ. Sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ Vɪʙʀᴀɴᴛ Mʏsᴛᴇʀʏ.Fʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ sᴇᴇᴋ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀʏ sᴀʟᴠᴀɢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ.
    Iɴ Essᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ, ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅʟᴇss ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇʟɪᴇғs.Eᴠᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇɢɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs sᴍᴀʟʟᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ.

It was the day she had been waiting for since she was little. Her siblings were in their final years, and she was finally starting the school. She gleefully bounced in the middle of the room. Great hall, she had been told. She hadn't had anytime to meet anyone, but that wouldn't stop her once she was sorted. Once she got to her table and could actually meet people. Lots of people... Maybe they would like her singing... Or her cooking... Oh she was so excited that as she continued to bounce, she almost didn't hear her name being called. "Shenaiya Asphodel." She froze when she realized her name had been called. The Raven haired girl looked around before taking the first steps to the front. Before clapping her hands gleefully and skipping forwards. She sat happily on the stool and waited for the hat to be placed on her head. It was heavier than she thought, but no matter, she was so excited.

Feisty Naiya has always been a feisty girl. She will fight for you, fight for herself, fight because someone is picking on someone twice her size.She is defensive of those who need the defense, and will be very spirited and lively during so. Naiya will keep going until a surrender or until she proves her point. Whether with actual fighting, she likes to use her fists, or with arguing to prove her point.
    Watchful Naiya watches. She watches and learns. This keeps her from saying the wrong things when her Feisty attitude takes over. She isn't quiet by any means, but she can read the room and she can take things further from there.
    Fun-Loving Naiya can't stop wanting... Perhaps needing to have fun. If she isn't enjoying herself, she finds a way to enjoy herself. She pushes herself into situations where she can have fun. Whether singing really loudly and making herself giggle with the different voices she likes to use, all the way to dragging someone to the kitchen to make food. She loves to cook and loves to make people eat her concoctions. Their faces are most fun.
    Friendly Naiya will not rest until she knows everyone's name. And she must be known... But she doesn't push it that hard. She will however, invite herself into conversations to make friends. She tries to be watchful of conversations that do not seem to be going well, because those are scary and she would rather not get into something like that. That means getting yelled at.
    Try-Hard Naiya has always been a try hard and a perfectionist, perfect pitch, perfect handwriting, perfect grades. And if she doesn't get it the first time, she tries again and again until she gets it right. Repetition makes for the best in life right?
    Hot tempered Even though she is watchful, Naiya is also very hot tempered. Not quite bi-polar, but she will sizzle quickly, and ferociously. She doesn't quite know the words 'In no offense'. But she does know the words 'uncle'.

AND, ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ RIGHT HERE. Tʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʟᴇsᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ sʜᴀʀᴇ.
    Wʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛғᴜʟ.
    Wᴇ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇғᴜʟʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴏᴄᴄᴀsɪᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴜs ɪɴᴛᴏ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟ ɢʀᴀss.

Wᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ᴡᴇ sᴘʟɪᴛ ᴡᴀʏs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?
    Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?!
    Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Wʜᴇɴ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?

Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ Dᴇsᴛɪɴʏ.

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Profitable 100
    • Money Never Sleeps 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Married 100
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 am

User Image
                                                  Trying hard to reach out
                                                  But when I tried to speak out
                                                  Felt like no one could hear me
                                                  Wanted to belong here
                                                  But something felt so wrong here
                                                  So I prayed I could break away

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uиѕσятεd || Fιяѕт Yεαя || Mυgglεвσяи

════════════════════════

Amelia looked around the Great Hall, taking in the sight. Her brother had told her about it, and now she saw why he told her that she had to see it to believe it. It was such a different sight that she almost didn't hear her name being called. She blinked sheepishly and walked toward the stool. Settling herself onto it, she thought long and hard about what Chance had said about the various houses. She didn't exactly have a preference for any of them, only that she go to the one that suited her the best. Besides, she was just curious enough about the whole thing that she wondered exactly how the Sorting Hat even made the determination. Was it something it saw in each person that determined where they went, and if that was the case, what exactly did it look for? She wondered if she'd be able to ask it about it and as the hat settled on her head, she thought at it, How do you figure out where we all go, anyway?

Quote:
                                                  xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ FRIENDLY Amelia is a very friendly person, happy to make new friends and see new faces. She loves spending time with friends and family, and often can be seen while with someone. She finds that being with other people tends to make her whole day brighter.
                                                      ◊ CHEERFUL Amelia is also cheerful, happy to brighten someone's day or making other people smile. She doesn't think the glass is half-empty, and prefers to see a positive where other people don't. She also thinks the best of people, as she believes that people aren't inherently bad, they've just made bad decisions.
                                                      ◊ DRIVEN Amelia is quite driven, especially when it comes to tasks that need to be completed. She prefers to work hard to see results and enjoys seeing what her work produces. She also is quite headstrong and unwilling to to break away from a task which she finds important.
                                                      ◊ OUTSPOKEN Amelia can be quite outspoken, especially when she finds something she believes is wrong. Despite her cheerful disposition, she knows there are bad people in the world, and will willingly state as such, sometimes to her detriment. She isn't afraid to speak her mind, in any case, especially when friends and family are involved.
                                                      ◊ PASSIONATE When Amelia finds a cause she believes is just, she oftentimes feels strongly about it. She places emotional value behind her words and convictions, and it shows in the way she speaks and acts. She also happens to be quite emotional when it comes to her family and friends, often throwing herself into relationships headlong.
                                                      ◊ INTELLIGENT Despite her emotional investment into subjects, Amelia is actually quite intelligent. SHe prefers finding out all the facts before she makes a decision, and appreciates it when others do the same. She despises willful ignorance, as to her that means that a person doesn't care enough to find out what they are talking about or that they are just that uncaring of people.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder how this all works, anyway?
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

Buildings with a hundred floors
                                                  Swinging 'round revolving doors
                                                  Maybe I don't know where they'll take me
                                                  But gotta keep moving on, moving on
                                                  Fly away, breakaway
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 pm

The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
    User Image
    Monique "Mona" Devereux
    First Year Unsorted
    Youngest and Only Daughter

Monique had watched as her brothers went off and attended school leaving her at home with mother. Though it was true she loved the attention of their mother it was also true that she was looking forward to going off to school. Spending the train ride to school practically alone with her thoughts, she was grateful that Caleb hadn’t bothered to hang with her. She kept to herself listening carefully to the few conversations she could catch wind of.

Now standing in the great hall, Monique stared at the table adoring green and silver. Slytherin, the house of her family. Caleb was there seemingly disinterested which didn’t surprise Monique in the slightest. She found her eyes wandering over to the Ravenclaw table. The house her brother Quentin landed. She tore her gaze away before she could even find him. She wasn’t her brother.

“Monique Devereux,”

Upon hearing her name, Monique walked up to the stool. Taking a seat, she waited for the sorting hat to land on her head. ‘There is no way I’m a Ravenclaw… Any real Devereux belong in Slytherin… Don’t they?’ She thought to herself. She wasn’t about to speak outright to a sorting hat. It was a hat after all. Magic or not.

Status : I'm a Slytherin right?
                                                    Company : First Years... a sorting hat...

■ SPOILED I’ve always been mother’s favourite. I get loads of attention and I love it. She gives me anything I want although I don’t ask for anything more then she expects me too. I want what I want and there’s no stopping me from getting it. Of course, my father has at times said no, I’m not immune to being told no, though I certainly don’t like it. All and all though I am spoiled by my parents and I enjoy that very much.
                                                        ■ SELF-ABSORBED If you haven’t guessed I’m all about me. I care about myself and myself only. Very rarely do I care about anything else. If I could talk about myself all the time I would. However, I couldn’t possibly think of things to talk about for that length of time. Maybe a good while though. Needless to say, if I have a problem chances are you’re going to hear about it. My well being is fair more important then much else.
                                                        ■ AMBITIOUS If I wasn’t ambitious, we’d have a problem. It runs in the family after all. I don’t let anyone stand in the way of things I want. My desires always come to be, with my determination I hardly see why they wouldn’t. If you want to amount to anything you have to have the drive and the work ethic to make it happen. Not everything can be handed to you, although I wouldn’t complain if it did.
                                                        ■ CREATIVE When it comes to creativity that doesn’t really run in my side of the family. My brother Quentin was the only one who was an avid artist. I too am decently good when it comes to art mediums. However, I try to be discrete about my interest in it. Instead I try to show it in a more inventive way, in the form of a semi resourceful nature. Resourcefulness is a Slytherin trait after all, Creativity not so much. So if I can say I’m creative in ways to figure out difficulty then perhaps it keeps me out of the problem zone.
                                                        ■ CONFIDENT Despite my concerns of becoming like Quentin, I am quite confident in myself and my abilities. I always give off the appearance of confidence. Which possibly can come off as a bit over confident at times. Even if I don’t know something, I remain confident that I will come to figure it out. With or without help. At the end of the day I need no one but myself as my parents have taught me.

Tsk tsk tsk, so concerned with what others want for you
    No real thought for yourself or what you really want, who you are
    No, I think we can do better than Slytherin for you, my dear
    It'd be a shame to waste you on your family's expectations

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:17 pm

The Sorting Hat

mc2
    User Image
    ⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    xxxxxxxxx
    Time: 2043-2044
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux had an absolutely horrid experience with the boat ride. They were dirty and grimy in her opinion and not as smooth sailing as you would think they should be. She followed with the rest of the first years getting separated from Canaan near the end. When the great hall finally opened, Margaux was underwhelmed to say the least. It was so dark and gloomy. Medieval castles were a bit like that she supposed. Better get used to it, Margaux thought, but decided she did not have to enjoy the darkness.

The sorting hat called several girls and boys before her until it reached her name. She hoped she got sorted in a house with people of her caliber and a house that would help her with her ambitions on being the very best and above all make her family proud. As she approached she made a mental note to wash her hair that night because who knows how often they washed the ratty hat that did the sorting.

PERSONALITY
                                                  AMBITIOUS: Not in the take over the world sort of way, but all her dolls were either royalty or billionaires that built empires on their looks and creativity. Her parents have high expectations for her as she is an only child, and she refuses to let them down planning to inherit the Lévesque Jewelry Empire and strengthen its legacy.
                                                  CRUEL: Margaux doesn't believe in inflicting physical pain or harm to others, but she has a sharp tongue she does not temper if you see her wrath or dislike. Psychological warfare is her game. She's the type of girl that would spread a devastating rumor against an enemy or rival and not think about how it would affect the person the false rumor was against would feel. For others she says "it's just words, I don't see the big deal."
                                                  CREATIVE: Margaux is a creative person with a passion for design and fashion. Having grown up surrounded by beautiful fashion and jewelry has influenced her art greatly.
                                                  BIGOTED: Margaux not only believes herself superior to muggleborns but to halfbloods and most purebloods as well. She believes her and her family to be superior and sees few as worthy of her. She doesn't believe lessers should be eliminated though, just in their own separate place where she doesn't have to deal with them. This belief is not an original idea, but one she learned and like many things does not question. (It is just the way of the world, she was taught).
                                                  SMART: She is "quick as a whip" in intelligence and is quite clever, though, she does not embrace this fact and takes for granted most academic endeavors come easily to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
    Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
    It'd better be

Slytherin!
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 pm

The Sorting Hat

mc2
    ⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Anniexxxxx
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    xxxxxxxxx
    Time: 2043-2044
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie was practically bouncing with excitement for the whole trip. She had rode trains before but never a nighttime boat ride to a magical castle! And then when they got to the Great Hall her jaw dropped open as she looked, with her blue eyes the size of a saucers, up at the ceiling that was bewitched to look like the night sky. Floating candles! And all those students! Who knew there were so many witches and wizards hiding in the United Kingdom. So many people like her!

Jess made her way to the front, but Annie was too busy gazing in awe at the sights around her to keep up. Trying to reign in her attention, Annie noted the hat in front of them and the list of names being called. A magical hat sorted them? Wicked awesome! Annie hoped her and Jess got sorted together but they could meet up in classes and at meals, right? Annie decided she wanted sorted to whatever house would fit her best and the same for Jess and all the others. She just hoped she didn't encounter anyone mean wherever she was sorted.

PERSONALITY
                                                              IMAGINATIVE: Annie is an imaginative individual who sees adventure at every turn. She is always lost in her own thoughts and imagining a world beyond what she sees around her.
                                                              PRACTICALLY FEARLESS: While, she can be shy around her peers (thanks to bullying that makes her concerned with being teased or mocked), she is not afraid to approach strangers or adults. Children are cruel but very few adults are cruel to children. From talking to the local drunk when she was seven (before being pulled away by her mother) to attempting to leap across a brook when she was five (which luckily-magically-worked out for her), Annie finds very few things are fear inducing for her.
                                                              POSITIVE: Despite being quite cruelly mocked and teased by her peers at times, Annie truly believes people are ultimately good and have good intentions. The logical side of her knows this is not always true, but she believes there is more good than bad and good can and will in the end vanquish evil.
                                                              ARTISTIC: Annie likes to draw and paint and is quite talented at such. She also knows how to embroider and hand sew and does so with quite a bit of skill.
                                                              CHAMPION FOR JUSTICE: Annie believes in what is right and knows what is wrong. As a result she has caused herself to be the focus of bullies in order to protect others from the same fate. She is unafraid to confront those who are wrong in their actions and praise those who are right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                              Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're a lively one, for sure
    Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
    Hm, this is a tough one
    But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:22 pm

The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
    There's a shadow hanging heavy
    There's a cold chill in my bones
    It's a steep road, high and weary
    It's a long, long way from home
    But I will not shut my eyes
    No, I will not fall silent

User Image
    T A L I A
    K I S S
    W A L S H

unsortedhalfbloodfirst year

Tally knew what to expect going into the Great Hall and had even seen a few pictures, but she still beamed with excitement upon seeing the entire school turn around to look at them. Besides, the ceiling-sky was the coolest thing she had ever seen, and her stomach was already growling for dinner. She wasn't very nervous about the Sorting. Her gut told her she and Tara probably wouldn't be in the same house, but she and her sister were both secure enough to not freak out if that happened. Besides, they would still see one another all the time. The only downside right now was that as a 'Walsh', she'd be one of the last names called. At least she'd get to go before Tara. When her name was finally reached, Tally froze for a moment before squaring her shoulders and walking up to take her spot on the stool. She could do this. It'd all be over in a few moments.

OOC:
    SHORT-TEMPERED
    xxx»» Try as she might to keep a level head, Tally was pretty much doomed on the temper front, being the child of two fiery Gryffindors. While she isn't overly sensitive, once you do get her wound up or outraged, especially if someone is being bullied or singled out, it's a bit hard to calm her down. She has her mother's whip-like tongue and can say things she regrets in the heat of the moment, although she rarely picks fights. (But she does tend to finish them).

HONEST
    xxx»» Tally is an unfailingly honest person. While she does have some tact, she does not always use it to its full advantage, and she can come across as overly blunt and straight-forward. She's certainly not one to lie to anyone's face, even for minor reasons, and she absolutely hates feeling as though she can't trust people. She's quick to write people off if she founds out they've misled her, even if they didn't think it was that serious.

STUBBORN
    xxx»» Unfortunately, Tally is about as stubborn as a bull, which is to say, very. She tends to dig her heels in when confronted with an opposing opinion, and her instinct is always to argue and defend, rather than necessarily change her mind or acknowledge that someone else has a good point. While she usually isn't unreasonable, she can be, especially when she's already in a defensive mood.

RELIABLE
    xxx»» Tally is a very loyal and dependable friend. She will stick by someone for as long as they're a friend to her, and she is extremely protective of her family and the people she holds dear. She's always on time for things and she always does her homework, even if she hates it. To her father's relief, she takes after her mother in that regard and didn't pick up his 'slacker genes'.

RATIONAL
    xxx»» Tally prides herself on being very rational and logical, or so she thinks. She's not a very superstitious person and likes to see proof and facts, not fairy tales. She takes things a bit seriously at times, and sometimes has to be prodded out of her overly logical funks. While she is capable of blowing off steam and having fun like everyone else, she does tend to think towards the future, rather than the present.

ASSERTIVE
    xxx»» Tally has never had any self esteem issues and was raised to be confident and stand up for herself, as well as others. She's not easy to push around or intimidate, and has no problem with standing her ground, even in the face of mockery or peer pressure. Rarely does she feel very badly about herself, and she has never been a shy or nervous person. She has little difficult making friends or meeting new people.

Username

Canary in the mine
    Oh I will, honey I will, I will sing.
    There's a madness in the valley
    There's a darkness that can blind
    It was every man for himself
    No one's getting out alive

Daughter of two Gryffindors, indeed
    Yes, I think you'll do your parents house proud

Gryffindor!
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 pm

The Sorting Hat

Graydon Ironshield
    User Image
    Canaan Grey
    Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Canaan knew what to expect when he made the trip across the Black Lake, but the experience was even better than he'd hoped for. He loved the trip across in the boats, and he'd hoped to catch even a glimpse of the Great Squid reputed to dwell beneath its surface, even though he was unsure how a creature which normally lived in the open seas could live in a fresh water lake. Magic, he supposed, but he really wanted to know the answer. Then there was the sight of the castle lit up above its reflection in the water. As if he needed further proof of the school's existence, there it was. Unfortunately, he'd managed to lose track of Margaux, which was a shame, she was an interesting person.

Now he was in the Great Hall, and he marveled at the sight of the ceiling which was depicting the skies above the castle, while seemingly hundreds of candles were floating above the floor. As it worked out, there was a talking hat which made the call as to where students were destined to go. 'Well, that's interesting,' he thought. He'd figured on an aptitude test or some such, considering how mum his cousins were on the subject of Sorting.

When his name was called, Canaan pushed aside the fact there were so many eyes watching the whole spectacle, and walked up to where he was supposed to go. 'Tis not the destination that matters, but the journey, he thought. 'My journey starts now.' Sitting down on the stool, Canaan awaited the Hat. 'So how do you do what you do? Do you remember all the other students who've put you on?' His mind was awhirl with so many questions.

Personality:

■ Curious- I like to learn the how and the why of things; it isn’t enough for me to be told ‘this is how it is’. There’s a story behind why things are so, and I want to know what it is.
    ■ Quiet- I like folk, but not a lot of them all at once. A crowd will give me the willies, and the louder and more boisterous they are the sooner I'll be looking for the exits. I like having a friends over to do stuff, you know play board games or a pickup game outside or something. Failing that, I prefer the company of a dog (or several) or maybe a cat (although they can be a little odd). Dogs like me, they understand me and I seem to understand them, but then dogs always seem to know who their friends are.
    ■ Detail-Oriented- It isn’t enough to get something done; it needs to be done right. The ‘T’ crossed, the ‘I’ dotted. I guess, I could have a bit of OCD going here.
    ■ Focused- This kinda feeds into the bit above, if you follow me here. If I get stuck into some project which I am enthused with, I will lose all track of time and whatever else is going on around me.
    ■ Loyal- No matter what I stick by my friends and family. I may not necessarily have a lot of friends, but mates are mates.
    ■ Musically-Inclined- I'm not be as big into art and drawing like my cousins, heck, I can't draw decent stick figures, but I seem to have inherited a passion for music, particularly Irish folk music. I can play guitar and the mandolin, and my cousin Fianna has been teaching me how to play her electric guitar. In fact, this last summer, she invited to play with her at the Celtic Music Festival, which was pretty cool. I am also a passable vocalist; not good enough to be a soloist in church, however I do sing in the choir on Sundays.

■ I’m an Irish Team supporter (gee, two of my cousins play for Ireland)
    ■ I love dogs. I like animals in general, but I like dogs best.
    ■ Strawberries and chocolate
    ■ I love folk music and the stories of our homeland
    ■ Reading

Dislikes:

■ Being made to stay still and wait for things to happen
    ■ Bullies in general, anyone who hurts animals in particular
    ■ Religion class at school: the history is interesting, the catechisms I can do without
    ■ Crowds and especially loud people. They give me headaches.
    ■ Being interrupted when I’m focused upon something I’m doing.

OOC:
    Username

User Image

A curious one, aren't you?
    I do indeed remember, if not all, at least most
    Now, as for you, I think it'll be

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:25 pm

The Sorting Hat

Summer II
    User Image
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
    ☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Anxious
    xLocation: Great Hall
    xWith: Students and Staff
    xStatus: Single

The entire trip from the station to the school was exciting for Augustin and a day of firsts for more than just a train ride. However, as they walked into the Great Hall for Sorting, a pit formed in Augustin's stomach. He was nervous about what house he'd be sorted into. He tried to catch his sister's eye to get some comfort, but she averted her gaze from his. The nervous first year sighed and waited until he heard his name get called to step up to the Sorting Hat.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    Out Of Character:
    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SMART Augustin was tutored from a young age in math, science, classics, art, music and foreign languages. He actually enjoys schoolwork, unlike some other children his age.
    ADAPTABLE He is able to fit in well with whatever surrounding he's in, whether it be quiet reflection in the library or out with people.
    PERCEPTIVE Through conversation and common observation, Augustin is able to figure people out a lot quicker. He's very good at picking up subtle hints and traits.
    EMPATHETIC Whether it's a friend in need or a hurt animal, August is there to offer help. He understands easier than others the struggle people are going through and though he may not be going through it as well, he tries his best to be helpful.
    LOYAL Nothing can beat a good friend and when it comes to it, Augustin is a good friend. First to volunteer help and always ready to stick it through to the end.
    ALL OR NOTHING Once Augustin dedicates himself to something, whether it be learning a new subject, a friendship or overcoming an obstacle, he goes all in. He expects dedication to friendships that matches his own and challenges from new topics, so that he can tackle them.

Let's see, then, what have we were
    Tenacity, Loyalty
    Ah, yes, you'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!
    Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff
    Gaia's Games
    Mini-Games