Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Get to Know the Members! (Old) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:55 am
>.>

<.<

My name is John!

I like rping.

Add me if you want to know more about me. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:12 pm
Hey! I'm Destiny biggrin . . . I don't know what else to say, I'm fun to be around and I'm a drama queen . . . [hehe]. I'm obsessed with music and . . . well yeah  

Annasay

Dapper Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

nightalchemist_shadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:31 pm
Drakaeon
nightalchemist_shadow
First off I would like to say that I have been a member of an RP guild sense last year. I am also trying to establish a decent RP guild of my own. So I have come to this guild to help me figure out how to get better at setting up RPs as well as maybe polish up my skills of actual RPing.

Drakaeon
lily564a
Have you looked in the level subforums? You sound like a level three guy to me. I really don't get how people can stand to use found images at all, I can understand that most people aren't actually going to be good writers capable of building high quality characters that don't suffer from all those generic flaws, but using a picture all but guarantees it.

Don't worry about being inactive, most of our users are, it's that you came back that matters.

Yeah, I've been looking though them.. I'm kinda craving sci-fi, but I haven't seen any decent ones.. some (maybe even a lot) of them have the flaws I described in my previous post, which was why I was somewhat frustrated.

Since I have some artistic ability, I like to sketch out characters because it helps me develop them, but not everyone can do this, so... generally they find a picture because they believe it expresses their character's appearance better than they could do in words. Or, they're just lazy. Something else a few people tend to do is choose a picture and create a character around it, which could be seen as lazy and unoriginal as well.

Heh, not much to come back to. But, oh well...

I try to develop my character before I either give a description to friend and have them draw it out for me or I search for a picture. I can draw some scenery, weapon and item designs but I am no good at drawing characters. So a lot of the people that just search for a picture tend to be the ones that can't draw. Very few have I met are just lazy.

Your rebuke (if that was what it was) for my statement is kinda invalid since I said some people who build characters around pictures can be seen as lazy. I have no problems with people who develop characters then find a picture. Although generally I think they don't need a picture if they've developed their character extensively enough.

No it wasn't meant as a rebuke just as a statement of hope or understanding so that you don't classify every RPer that has a picture that can be found by just searching google for images as lazy. As for the second part of your response about not needing a picture if the character is well developed. Well some people even if they have all the details still prefer to have a visual accompaniment. After all wouldn't you rather have an image of a person you talk to. That way you can better understand where they come from. After all body tone (or in this case just character profile) can give more details to the way a person words there responses in an RP better.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:50 am
Hey guys! mintroar here! or you guys can just call me mint. I'm 15 and a senior. Just wanna have fun for my last year in High school.  

mintroar

Avia the Angel

Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:39 pm
Don't think I ever introduced myself. I'm Avia the Angel, just call me Avia.

I'm 21 and from Canada, and a 7 year RP veteran.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:22 am
Hey guys. (:
Call me grim. Cx

I'm a total bookworm, even though it takes me forever to get around to actually reading.
I love going to concerts and small town gigs, and I have an addiction to chocolate milk.  

churchgrim

Dapper Darling

xXx-Dramapepsi-xXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:01 pm
I'm going to attempt to do an rp that is similar to the play, "Ten Little Indians", by Agatha Christie and I'm trying to figure out a way to go about it. The rhyme from it I want to use from it goes like this:

"Ten Little Indians going out to dine;
One went and choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine Little Indian Boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Eight Little Indian Boys traveling to Devon;
One got left behind and then there were seven.
Seven Little Indian boys going out to the kitchen;
One cut himself and then there were six.
Six Little Indian boys playing with a hive;
A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Five Little Indian boys going in for law;
One got in chancery and then there were four.
Four Little Indian boys going out to sea;
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.
Three Little Indian boys walking to the zoo;
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.
Two Little Indian boys playing with a gun;
One shot the other and then there was one.
One little Indian boy left all alone;
He went and hanged himself
…and then there were none."

Any suggestions? Sorry to ask.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:24 am
elo my name is blindSPARK... my real name though is junior smile
i kinda new at this gaia wat more about guild
perhaps someone kind enuf 2 gif me a walktru on wat i could or would be doing and i will be more interested than enuf 2 follow the legacy
i am all ears and yours especially to the guild of corz

junior AKA blindSPARK  

ii fresh hood boy ii

Hideaway Katherine

Shirtless Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 am
Hopeful - You forgot six o.o

'Ello, I'm just about any name you could get from my user name. Hiding, Hiding Away, Hideaway, Hidey, Katherine, Katie, you name it. Just not Kathy. If you call me Kathy, my wrath will be upon you. ^-^

I'm 14, a Sophomore in High school. No, your math is not wrong, I skipped First Grade. >.> I can draw. Sorta. Not to my liking for a character's appearance, but I'm getting better. ^-^

I am online daily, so it'll annoy me if you aren't and we're in the middle of a RP.

I love music, role playing good role plays, reading, etc.

I hate people who don't even know the first thing about role playing or about making one, persons who can not type to save their character's life, as in bad grammar, and text talk. Type out your damn numbers! As well as those who speak in 1st person. Oh, I also hate colds and my brother. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 am
(number six isn't in the poem at all for some reason... oh well, I just fixed it with my own part of the rhyme... lol XD)  

xXx-Dramapepsi-xXx

DetectiveO

2,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:10 pm
Hi guys! My name is DetectiveO, but you could call me Chira. This is my first time rpging, and I'm in an advanced level rpg called Asylum. Lol I'm actually posting this to put myself out there on the rpg market. I'm looking for more rpgs, but I've decided it's easier if people just ask me. I assure you that I'm good and I'm willing to do all types of genres. Just message me! Thanks guys! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:31 pm
Hey all. I'm cptjim, and you guys can call me Jim, Jimbo, Jimbob, Jimmy, or Clarence. None of these are my real name. You may not call me Cynthia. That's not my real name, either. I just prefer not to be called that.

I've also been called "Random Letter Dude," which suits me just fine as long as I'm not the one typing it.

I don't like to sit here and say whether I'm a "good" RP'er or not. As it goes, whenever I try to say that I'm good at something, someone ends up coming along to show me how that's not the case. That, and I don't really like people who brag.

I also don't like rude, judgmental, or cranky people. I do like fried chicken and collard greens, though.  

cptjim

Hideaway Katherine

Shirtless Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:44 pm
cptjim
Hey all. I'm cptjim, and you guys can call me Jim, Jimbo, Jimbob, Jimmy, or Clarence. None of these are my real name. You may not call me Cynthia. That's not my real name, either. I just prefer not to be called that.

I've also been called "Random Letter Dude," which suits me just fine as long as I'm not the one typing it.

I don't like to sit here and say whether I'm a "good" RP'er or not. As it goes, whenever I try to say that I'm good at something, someone ends up coming along to show me how that's not the case. That, and I don't really like people who brag.

I also don't like rude, judgmental, or cranky people. I do like fried chicken and collard greens, though.

o.o I love your sig. *spends a minute, watching everything go past* My Sixth grade teacher taught us the part about a lot. "I have two friends. Their names are a and lot. They're best buddies, but never touch," or something like that. But I remembered it. ^-^

Could I call you Captain?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:50 pm
~♥~Sweetness can kill you~♥~

User Image

Hi! my name is Lady Jancris Espina..
15 yrs. old from philippines..

Hoping 2 be 1 of your friend someday!

User Image

User Image
User Image
3nodding whee heart blaugh 4laugh
~♥~LhaDybLueS just made a post~♥~

User Image
User Image whee  

lhadyblues

8,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

emaiIs

Interesting Genius

5,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:57 pm
Hi, my name is James, though I prefer Drayk. I look forward to getting to know you all, at least vaguely.  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games