Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

The Shiny Furret
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : unsorted

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

After the long journey to the castle, Annalise found herself in line with her fellow First Years to be sorted. The train ride from Kings Cross to Hogsmeade was long, and rather boring. The girl ended up taking a nap while on the train, only to be awoken by another student when they had arrived at the next platform. Venturing out with the crowd of children, Anna felt the churn of excitement in her stomach. Sure, she didn't want to leave her sisters back home, but she was so close to Hogwarts. She could physically see it! Right there, in the distance. The massive castle loomed over the town of Hogsmeade, the distant lights glowing against the dark sky. It was, well, magical, and so was she. It had really hit her hard. She was a witch, and this journey to the castle was the first of many adventures into a brand new world.

Falling in line with the others, Annalise kept close to the other First Year students. They were called towards the Black Lake, where a set of boats were waiting to carry them across the water. She took a seat near the back of her boat, wanting to stay aboard for as long as possible. They glided across the Lake, Anna's brown eyes staring longingly at the watery depths. Apparently, there was a giant squid swimming around down there. It sounded like a monster, but the girl wondered, maybe it wasn't? She wanted to see it, in person, one day. Eventually, they reached the boathouse, where the students were corralled from the boats into the courtyard and, finally, into the castle.

Standing in line with the others, Anna's heart pounded. She heard whispers from her classmates about the different houses. There was Gryffindor, where the brave students were placed, and Slytherin, housing the most cunning students. Ravenclaw was where the smartest students were sorted, and then there was Hufflepuff, the home of the loyal. Entering the Great Hall, Annalise pondered her sorting. Where would she be placed? She felt as if she could go anywhere, but hoped for Gryffindor. She was fearless, in her eleven year old mind, and longed for adventure. That meant she was brave, right? When her name was called from the list of students, she felt heat rise to her cheeks. It was her turn. Pushing all thoughts out of her mind, she approached the hat with a stern face. Be brave. Wherever she was placed, she would be fine. Well, maybe not in Ravenclaw. She didn't see herself as a scholar. Regardless, Annalise sat upon the stool, felt the old hat be placed upon her head, gazed out upon the sea of students, and waited for the hat's decision.

■ STUBBORN Annalise is incredibly headstrong. She has a strong will and sense of self. When she sees something she wants, she goes for it, and she won't take no for an answer.
                                                  ■ ADVENTUROUS Since she was very young, Annalise has loved the outdoors. She would rather be outside exploring than inside reading a book. She is curious about the world, yes, but she would much rather experience it for herself than learn about it from a secondhand source.
                                                  ■ MUSICAL Annalise loves music, particularly rock and punk. She almost always has a song stuck in her head, and can usually be found tapping her toe to some unheard rhythm, or even humming a tune. Her love of music led her to learn how to play the guitar.
                                                  ■ FIERCE Annalise puts her whole heart into everything she does. When she plays, she plays to win, almost aggressively sometimes. She is also very competitive.
                                                  ■ PROTECTIVE Being the eldest of three, Annalise has become very protective of her sisters, as well as anyone who she holds dearly. She often appoints herself to the motherly figure in a group, looking out for her friends in any way she can. This also translates to a flaw in her character, because she will even put herself in danger to protect her loved ones.
                                                  ■ RESERVED Annalise doesn't like to talk about her personal life too much. She keeps her secrets to herself, and is very slow to open up emotionally to even her closest friends. She does this to not seem weak, but instead, she comes off as an aloof and distant person.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Not a scholar? Don't sell yourself so short, my dear
You have potential, to be sure
However, with a heart and soul like yours
I think it's best you go to

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm
The Sorting Hat

shabatha

Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅᴀʀʏ, Bᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴛᴀɪʟs. Tʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴀs I ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ.
I'ᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ, Tʜᴇsᴇ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴʟʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ, Dɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴀɪɴ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏᴀsɪs.
Sɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀᴍᴘғɪʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴀᴍɪɴᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ.
Sᴏᴍᴇ Mɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's sᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs. Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴡᴇ ʀɪsᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏs ғᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ. Sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ Vɪʙʀᴀɴᴛ Mʏsᴛᴇʀʏ.Fʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ sᴇᴇᴋ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀʏ sᴀʟᴠᴀɢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ.
Iɴ Essᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ, ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅʟᴇss ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇʟɪᴇғs.Eᴠᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇɢɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs sᴍᴀʟʟᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ.

It was the day she had been waiting for since she was little. Her siblings were in their final years, and she was finally starting the school. She gleefully bounced in the middle of the room. Great hall, she had been told. She hadn't had anytime to meet anyone, but that wouldn't stop her once she was sorted. Once she got to her table and could actually meet people. Lots of people... Maybe they would like her singing... Or her cooking... Oh she was so excited that as she continued to bounce, she almost didn't hear her name being called. "Shenaiya Asphodel." She froze when she realized her name had been called. The Raven haired girl looked around before taking the first steps to the front. Before clapping her hands gleefully and skipping forwards. She sat happily on the stool and waited for the hat to be placed on her head. It was heavier than she thought, but no matter, she was so excited.

Feisty Naiya has always been a feisty girl. She will fight for you, fight for herself, fight because someone is picking on someone twice her size.She is defensive of those who need the defense, and will be very spirited and lively during so. Naiya will keep going until a surrender or until she proves her point. Whether with actual fighting, she likes to use her fists, or with arguing to prove her point.
Watchful Naiya watches. She watches and learns. This keeps her from saying the wrong things when her Feisty attitude takes over. She isn't quiet by any means, but she can read the room and she can take things further from there.
Fun-Loving Naiya can't stop wanting... Perhaps needing to have fun. If she isn't enjoying herself, she finds a way to enjoy herself. She pushes herself into situations where she can have fun. Whether singing really loudly and making herself giggle with the different voices she likes to use, all the way to dragging someone to the kitchen to make food. She loves to cook and loves to make people eat her concoctions. Their faces are most fun.
Friendly Naiya will not rest until she knows everyone's name. And she must be known... But she doesn't push it that hard. She will however, invite herself into conversations to make friends. She tries to be watchful of conversations that do not seem to be going well, because those are scary and she would rather not get into something like that. That means getting yelled at.
Try-Hard Naiya has always been a try hard and a perfectionist, perfect pitch, perfect handwriting, perfect grades. And if she doesn't get it the first time, she tries again and again until she gets it right. Repetition makes for the best in life right?
Hot tempered Even though she is watchful, Naiya is also very hot tempered. Not quite bi-polar, but she will sizzle quickly, and ferociously. She doesn't quite know the words 'In no offense'. But she does know the words 'uncle'.

AND, ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ RIGHT HERE. Tʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʟᴇsᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ sʜᴀʀᴇ.
Wʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛғᴜʟ.
Wᴇ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇғᴜʟʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴏᴄᴄᴀsɪᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴜs ɪɴᴛᴏ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟ ɢʀᴀss.

Wᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ᴡᴇ sᴘʟɪᴛ ᴡᴀʏs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Iғ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?!
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ. Wʜᴇɴ I ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?

Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ Dᴇsᴛɪɴʏ.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
I appreciate your enthusiasm, dear girl
An open heart and a steadfast nature
You'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:35 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                Trying hard to reach out
                                                But when I tried to speak out
                                                Felt like no one could hear me
                                                Wanted to belong here
                                                But something felt so wrong here
                                                So I prayed I could break away

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Uиѕσятεd || Fιяѕт Yεαя || Mυgglεвσяи

════════════════════════

Amelia looked around the Great Hall, taking in the sight. Her brother had told her about it, and now she saw why he told her that she had to see it to believe it. It was such a different sight that she almost didn't hear her name being called. She blinked sheepishly and walked toward the stool. Settling herself onto it, she thought long and hard about what Chance had said about the various houses. She didn't exactly have a preference for any of them, only that she go to the one that suited her the best. Besides, she was just curious enough about the whole thing that she wondered exactly how the Sorting Hat even made the determination. Was it something it saw in each person that determined where they went, and if that was the case, what exactly did it look for? She wondered if she'd be able to ask it about it and as the hat settled on her head, she thought at it, How do you figure out where we all go, anyway?

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ FRIENDLY Amelia is a very friendly person, happy to make new friends and see new faces. She loves spending time with friends and family, and often can be seen while with someone. She finds that being with other people tends to make her whole day brighter.
                                                    ◊ CHEERFUL Amelia is also cheerful, happy to brighten someone's day or making other people smile. She doesn't think the glass is half-empty, and prefers to see a positive where other people don't. She also thinks the best of people, as she believes that people aren't inherently bad, they've just made bad decisions.
                                                    ◊ DRIVEN Amelia is quite driven, especially when it comes to tasks that need to be completed. She prefers to work hard to see results and enjoys seeing what her work produces. She also is quite headstrong and unwilling to to break away from a task which she finds important.
                                                    ◊ OUTSPOKEN Amelia can be quite outspoken, especially when she finds something she believes is wrong. Despite her cheerful disposition, she knows there are bad people in the world, and will willingly state as such, sometimes to her detriment. She isn't afraid to speak her mind, in any case, especially when friends and family are involved.
                                                    ◊ PASSIONATE When Amelia finds a cause she believes is just, she oftentimes feels strongly about it. She places emotional value behind her words and convictions, and it shows in the way she speaks and acts. She also happens to be quite emotional when it comes to her family and friends, often throwing herself into relationships headlong.
                                                    ◊ INTELLIGENT Despite her emotional investment into subjects, Amelia is actually quite intelligent. SHe prefers finding out all the facts before she makes a decision, and appreciates it when others do the same. She despises willful ignorance, as to her that means that a person doesn't care enough to find out what they are talking about or that they are just that uncaring of people.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder how this all works, anyway?
                                                OOC:

-◎-

Buildings with a hundred floors
                                                Swinging 'round revolving doors
                                                Maybe I don't know where they'll take me
                                                But gotta keep moving on, moving on
                                                Fly away, breakaway

It's quite complicated, my child
But suffice to say, I poke around in your head a bit
In yours, I see... fire, and joy
A good heart and a keen mind
I think you'll do well in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  wαnnα mσvє íntσ α fσσl's gσld rσσm
                                                  wíth mч pulsє σn thє αnímαl jєwєls σf thє rulєs
                                                  thαt чσu chσσsє tσ usє tσ gєt lσσsє wíth thє lumínσus mσvєs
                                                  вσrєd σf thєsє límíts, lєt mє gєt, lєt mє gєt ít líkє wσw

spaceJack grinned widely when his name was called. He was hoping he'd be in the same house as... well, literally anyone, actually. He supposed that odds were in his favor, considering how many friends and family he had in his year with him, though. So really, he guessed it didn't much matter where he went. He kind of wanted Slytherin, though. Both his siblings had gotten Ravenclaw like their mum, his dad deserved some representation. Even if Jer had hated being in Slytherin, that was just because when he'd been in school, most of his housemates had been jerks. But Jack's housemates would include Ha-Yun. He obviously wanted to be in the same house as her, on account of her being his One True Love and all. He was convinced of it, and no one could convince him otherwise. He wouldn't be too disappointed if he went somewhere else, though.

ít's чσur lífє, чσu gσttα trч tσ gєt ít ríght
                                                  lσσk αrσund, dσn't fσrgєt whєrє чσu cαmє frσm
                                                  ít's just αnσthєr pєrfєct níght
                                                  wє'rє gσnnα tαkє ít αrσund thє wσrld
                                                  whєn thís σnє ís σvєr í lσsє mч єmσtíσns

wнere - Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Feast 2044
                                                  wιтн - The Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  Personality under spoiler

DEMANDING
                                                  xxx»» Jack is a bit on the spoiled side. He's the youngest child of a pair of excessively over-indulgent parents, with plenty of family on either side to dote on him. As such, he's used to getting attention and getting his way. He knows how to compromise, but he tends to try and work things in his favor so that the split ends up being more 70/30 than 50/50. He's not entitled, exactly, but he doesn't intend to give up on anything without significant protest.

FLIRTY
                                                  xxx»» Jack likes to get his way, and so far for most of his life, he's gotten his way by being cute. He grew up watching his mother bat her eyes and smile her way into everything she wanted, and saw no reason why such tactics couldn't work for him, too. He doesn't exactly understand what he's doing, but he definitely likes to lay on the charm to try and earn people's attention and get his way into their good graces.

PLAYFUL
                                                  xxx»» Jack likes to have fun; if he's not having fun, he can't really see the point of whatever he's doing. He has a vast imagination that likes to wander at the most inopportune of times. He hasn't quite grown out of his 'The Floor Is Lava' stage, still engaging in epic pretend battles with any and everyone who's willing to take part. It's hard to get him to take things seriously if they're not important to him personally.

OPINIONATED
                                                  xxx»» Jack's loud mouth is used quite frequently to tell people what's what. His opinions are still in their infancy, mostly based on what his parents say and think, but they've never steered him wrong, so he sees no reason not to trust that they're right. He's quick to speak his mind, and tries to back his words up with facts when he has them. When he doesn't, he generally just... keeps repeating himself, as if he could convince another person by sheer force of will.

MANIPULATIVE
                                                  xxx»» A lot of people think that Jack is, well, a bit dim. He's fine with that; he enjoys being underestimated, because he knows he can use that to his advantage. No one can blame him for things if they don't think he's capable of doing them, after all. He keeps up the appearance that he's lazy and dumb with strangers (and with not-strangers, if they aren't close family or friends) so that he can take advantage of their poor opinion of him later. He's good at tricking other people into doing things for him, usually by making himself seem incompetent or slow, or by laying on the charm, whichever seems more likely to work.

SMART
                                                  xxx»» Despite outward appearances, Jack is not the least bit stupid. He's actually very smart, although he's better with things he can observe than things he learns from a book. He's good at gauging his surroundings and reading people, and has a decent memory when he applies himself. Sometimes he surprises himself, even, with obscure information he can't recall the source of, or by solving a puzzle quickly and not even knowing how he did it.

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

σн, ι ¢συℓ∂ нι∂є 'иєαтн тнє ωιиgѕ
                                          σf тнє вℓυєвιя∂ αѕ ѕнє ѕιиgѕ
                                          тнє ѕιχ-σ'¢ℓσ¢к αℓαям ωσυℓ∂ иєνєя яιиg
                                          вυт ѕιχ яιиgѕ αи∂ ι яιѕє, ωιρє тнє ѕℓєєρ συт σf му єуєѕ
                                          тнє ѕнανιиg яαzσя'ѕ ¢σℓ∂ αи∂ ιт ѕтιиgѕ

spaceTris approached the stool when her name was called, grinning and waving at Jack as he walked backwards, clearly intending to kill himself tripping in an effort not to miss her sorting. Sure enough, he managed to catch his foot on nothing and nearly faceplant on the floor. She shook her head a little, then hopped up to settle on the stool. Truth be told, she hadn't much thought about where she was going to end up. Now that she thought about it, she supposed she might be in Ravenclaw like her father. Or possibly Hufflepuff, since she had a fair bit in common with her Aunt Ada and cousin Chance. She didn't think she was destined for either Gryffindor or Slytherin. Then again, perhaps the hat would surprise her. Either way, it's not like it mattered. Her family could survive her being a girl on some days and a boy on others, she was pretty sure they wouldn't care what color her robes were or what animal she had as a mascot.

уσυ σи¢є тнσυgнт σf мє αѕ α ωнιтє киιgнт σи нιѕ ѕтєє∂
                                          иσω уσυ киσω нσω нαρρу ι ¢αи вє
                                          σн, συя gσσ∂ тιмє ѕтαятѕ αи∂ єи∂ѕ ωιтнσυт αℓℓ ι ωαит тσ ѕρєи∂
                                          вυт нσω мυ¢н, вαву, ∂σ ωє яєαℓℓу иєє∂؟

wнere - Great Hall
                                          wιтн - Sorting Hat
                                          pronoυnѕ - she/her
                                          - ooc -
                                          personality under spoiler

ADAPTIVE
                                          xxx»» Tris knows how to roll with the punches. They are generally pretty happy to go along with what others want to do. If it's something they're unfamiliar with, they have little trouble learning and adapting to it. They are a very fluid person, right down to their gender and physical appearance. Being a metamorphmagus, it's easy to watch Tris change their mind, because there are often subtle physical alterations to coincide with it. They will often subconsciously physically mimic people they agree with in a debate, or someone they are listening intently to.

MELLOW
                                          xxx»» Tris was always a very calm child, almost eerily so, particularly considering who they're related to. They were very difficult to upset or catch off guard, and usually resorted to questioning things rather than reacting emotionally to them. For the most part, they are a very happy person, and generally at ease with their surroundings. They don't care to participate in fights (though a spirited debate is always welcome). They have a rather long temper, and grow quiet and thoughtful when they grow close to losing it.

CURIOUS
                                          xxx»» Tris comes from a very curious family, and is not exception to the rule. They are prone to driving people up the wall with questions about everything under the sun, never having grown out of their 'why' phase. They're very contemplative when presented with new information, liking to take the time to sit back and absorb it fully. Then, they usually have a follow up question. Or two, or a hundred. They enjoy learning, and see no reason to hold back from dedicating themselves to that end.

OBSERVANT
                                          xxx»» Tris has always been more of a 'watcher' than a 'doer'. They like to engage, of course, but they're also quite patient, and prefer to understand something fully before getting involved in it. They're the person who'll read the rulebook front to back, then ask to watch a couple of rounds, before settling in with a board game. They learn best through observation, and likes to watch how things are done. They pick things up quickly and quite easily, and often surprise people with their input on a problem by finding solutions that others might've missed in the details.

ADVENTUROUS
                                          xxx»» As well behaved a child as Tris was, their one failing was an inability to sit still and mind their own business. Being observant and curious often won out over their mellow, mild-mannered side, and they managed to find themselves in all sorts of odd places. They like to explore, and generally writes off any risk to their physical person as worth it if they discover something new. They are prone to distraction and wandering off when out and about, and earned many an injury as a child exploring the woods they lived in and near.

POLITE
                                          xxx»» Tris is a very mild-mannered child. They always show the utmost respect when interacting with others, and dislike unnecessary conflict. If someone does something to lose their respect for them, Tris responds with a cold aloofness rather than being outright rude. They're helpful when they see someone in need, and are quick to greet and introduce themselves to strangers.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:56 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser Image

wαnnα mσvє íntσ α fσσl's gσld rσσm
                                                  wíth mч pulsє σn thє αnímαl jєwєls σf thє rulєs
                                                  thαt чσu chσσsє tσ usє tσ gєt lσσsє wíth thє lumínσus mσvєs
                                                  вσrєd σf thєsє límíts, lєt mє gєt, lєt mє gєt ít líkє wσw

spaceJack grinned widely when his name was called. He was hoping he'd be in the same house as... well, literally anyone, actually. He supposed that odds were in his favor, considering how many friends and family he had in his year with him, though. So really, he guessed it didn't much matter where he went. He kind of wanted Slytherin, though. Both his siblings had gotten Ravenclaw like their mum, his dad deserved some representation. Even if Jer had hated being in Slytherin, that was just because when he'd been in school, most of his housemates had been jerks. But Jack's housemates would include Ha-Yun. He obviously wanted to be in the same house as her, on account of her being his One True Love and all. He was convinced of it, and no one could convince him otherwise. He wouldn't be too disappointed if he went somewhere else, though.

ít's чσur lífє, чσu gσttα trч tσ gєt ít ríght
                                                  lσσk αrσund, dσn't fσrgєt whєrє чσu cαmє frσm
                                                  ít's just αnσthєr pєrfєct níght
                                                  whєn thís σnє ís σvєr í lσsє mч єmσtíσns

wнere - Great Hall
                                                  wιтн - The Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  Personality under spoiler

DEMANDING
                                                  xxx»» Jack is a bit on the spoiled side. He's the youngest child of a pair of excessively over-indulgent parents, with plenty of family on either side to dote on him. As such, he's used to getting attention and getting his way. He knows how to compromise, but he tends to try and work things in his favor so that the split ends up being more 70/30 than 50/50. He's not entitled, exactly, but he doesn't intend to give up on anything without significant protest.

FLIRTY
                                                  xxx»» Jack likes to get his way, and so far for most of his life, he's gotten his way by being cute. He grew up watching his mother bat her eyes and smile her way into everything she wanted, and saw no reason why such tactics couldn't work for him, too. He doesn't exactly understand what he's doing, but he definitely likes to lay on the charm to try and earn people's attention and get his way into their good graces.

PLAYFUL
                                                  xxx»» Jack likes to have fun; if he's not having fun, he can't really see the point of whatever he's doing. He has a vast imagination that likes to wander at the most inopportune of times. He hasn't quite grown out of his 'The Floor Is Lava' stage, still engaging in epic pretend battles with any and everyone who's willing to take part. It's hard to get him to take things seriously if they're not important to him personally.

OPINIONATED
                                                  xxx»» Jack's loud mouth is used quite frequently to tell people what's what. His opinions are still in their infancy, mostly based on what his parents say and think, but they've never steered him wrong, so he sees no reason not to trust that they're right. He's quick to speak his mind, and tries to back his words up with facts when he has them. When he doesn't, he generally just... keeps repeating himself, as if he could convince another person by sheer force of will.

MANIPULATIVE
                                                  xxx»» A lot of people think that Jack is, well, a bit dim. He's fine with that; he enjoys being underestimated, because he knows he can use that to his advantage. No one can blame him for things if they don't think he's capable of doing them, after all. He keeps up the appearance that he's lazy and dumb with strangers (and with not-strangers, if they aren't close family or friends) so that he can take advantage of their poor opinion of him later. He's good at tricking other people into doing things for him, usually by making himself seem incompetent or slow, or by laying on the charm, whichever seems more likely to work.

SMART
                                                  xxx»» Despite outward appearances, Jack is not the least bit stupid. He's actually very smart, although he's better with things he can observe than things he learns from a book. He's good at gauging his surroundings and reading people, and has a decent memory when he applies himself. Sometimes he surprises himself, even, with obscure information he can't recall the source of, or by solving a puzzle quickly and not even knowing how he did it.

Quote:

Well, well, well,
Another McGregor child,
And you're your mother's child to boot!
I can see that you're going to be a handful,
Which is going to spell trouble for whichever house you go to,
But, I can only see you in one place...

Slytherin!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:02 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser Image

σн, ι ¢συℓ∂ нι∂є 'иєαтн тнє ωιиgѕ
                                          σf тнє вℓυєвιя∂ αѕ ѕнє ѕιиgѕ
                                          тнє ѕιχ-σ'¢ℓσ¢к αℓαям ωσυℓ∂ иєνєя яιиg
                                          вυт ѕιχ яιиgѕ αи∂ ι яιѕє, ωιρє тнє ѕℓєєρ συт σf му єуєѕ
                                          тнє ѕнανιиg яαzσя'ѕ ¢σℓ∂ αи∂ ιт ѕтιиgѕ

spaceTris approached the stool when her name was called, grinning and waving at Jack as he walked backwards, clearly intending to kill himself tripping in an effort not to miss her sorting. Sure enough, he managed to catch his foot on nothing and nearly faceplant on the floor. She shook her head a little, then hopped up to settle on the stool. Truth be told, she hadn't much thought about where she was going to end up. Now that she thought about it, she supposed she might be in Ravenclaw like her father. Or possibly Hufflepuff, since she had a fair bit in common with her Aunt Ada and cousin Chance. She didn't think she was destined for either Gryffindor or Slytherin. Then again, perhaps the hat would surprise her. Either way, it's not like it mattered. Her family could survive her being a girl on some days and a boy on others, she was pretty sure they wouldn't care what color her robes were or what animal she had as a mascot.

уσυ σи¢є тнσυgнт σf мє αѕ α ωнιтє киιgнт σи нιѕ ѕтєє∂
                                          иσω уσυ киσω нσω нαρρу ι ¢αи вє
                                          σн, συя gσσ∂ тιмє ѕтαятѕ αи∂ єи∂ѕ ωιтнσυт αℓℓ ι ωαит тσ ѕρєи∂
                                          вυт нσω мυ¢н, вαву, ∂σ ωє яєαℓℓу иєє∂؟

wнere - Great Hall
                                          wιтн - Sorting Hat
                                          pronoυnѕ - she/her
                                          - ooc -
                                          personality under spoiler

ADAPTIVE
                                          xxx»» Tris knows how to roll with the punches. They are generally pretty happy to go along with what others want to do. If it's something they're unfamiliar with, they have little trouble learning and adapting to it. They are a very fluid person, right down to their gender and physical appearance. Being a metamorphmagus, it's easy to watch Tris change their mind, because there are often subtle physical alterations to coincide with it. They will often subconsciously physically mimic people they agree with in a debate, or someone they are listening intently to.

MELLOW
                                          xxx»» Tris was always a very calm child, almost eerily so, particularly considering who they're related to. They were very difficult to upset or catch off guard, and usually resorted to questioning things rather than reacting emotionally to them. For the most part, they are a very happy person, and generally at ease with their surroundings. They don't care to participate in fights (though a spirited debate is always welcome). They have a rather long temper, and grow quiet and thoughtful when they grow close to losing it.

CURIOUS
                                          xxx»» Tris comes from a very curious family, and is not exception to the rule. They are prone to driving people up the wall with questions about everything under the sun, never having grown out of their 'why' phase. They're very contemplative when presented with new information, liking to take the time to sit back and absorb it fully. Then, they usually have a follow up question. Or two, or a hundred. They enjoy learning, and see no reason to hold back from dedicating themselves to that end.

OBSERVANT
                                          xxx»» Tris has always been more of a 'watcher' than a 'doer'. They like to engage, of course, but they're also quite patient, and prefer to understand something fully before getting involved in it. They're the person who'll read the rulebook front to back, then ask to watch a couple of rounds, before settling in with a board game. They learn best through observation, and likes to watch how things are done. They pick things up quickly and quite easily, and often surprise people with their input on a problem by finding solutions that others might've missed in the details.

ADVENTUROUS
                                          xxx»» As well behaved a child as Tris was, their one failing was an inability to sit still and mind their own business. Being observant and curious often won out over their mellow, mild-mannered side, and they managed to find themselves in all sorts of odd places. They like to explore, and generally writes off any risk to their physical person as worth it if they discover something new. They are prone to distraction and wandering off when out and about, and earned many an injury as a child exploring the woods they lived in and near.

POLITE
                                          xxx»» Tris is a very mild-mannered child. They always show the utmost respect when interacting with others, and dislike unnecessary conflict. If someone does something to lose their respect for them, Tris responds with a cold aloofness rather than being outright rude. They're helpful when they see someone in need, and are quick to greet and introduce themselves to strangers.

Quote:

Considering who I just sorted,
I can tell that you are a much different sort,
Definitely more collected and thoughtful,
And don't worry child,
The place you will go has more on their mind than what gender you are,
Better be...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
EVERYONE!
Mood
Hopeful

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

I’m standing at the crossroads now
                                                          I’m ready to go anywhere
                                                          I’m full of hope and full of fear

This was all in all such an exciting day, or at least it should have been. Ceres still felt odd about being here at school without her brothers, they deserved to be here with her. It was also the first time she has truly
                                                          been separated and she was honestly worried about them. She didn't want them to forget about her while she was at school, that would be the worst! So when her name was called, she snapped to attention and rushed up to the stool with a smile on her face. Father would scold her again if she wasn't the 'perfect child', she hated that. "Hey there Hatty! you seem pretty neat. Could you do me a favor and put me anywhere but with my sister? You might not remember her, but she is in Slytherin and she is mean." Ceres wouldn't have minded being in Slytherin, but after the way Aurelia had taunted their brothers before the school year started...Ceres didn't want to be anywhere near her.

And bridges back have all been burned
                                                          And freedom has been duly earned
                                                          I remember why I've gone
                                                          Remember where I'm coming from

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Personality under spoilers

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Ditzy Ceres isn’t very well known for remembering things, in fact more often than not a thought will leave her mind almost as soon as it enters. She’s usually kept grounded by her brothers who help her with her scatterbrain.
TRAIT Quick-Tempered Ceres tends to get angry rather easily if someone is doing things that she doesn't like or that she deems wrong. She doesn't scream or shout or anything like that. She tends to simply try her best to annoy her target so much that they go bonkers.
TRAIT Dramatic Ceres loves to make a scene when she can. She lives for the art of stirring up trouble. She tends to do it at home quite a bit. But only when Birch and Dunn are willing to join in on the fun and usually only if it’s to annoy Aurelia.
TRAIT Adventurous More often than not, Ceres will drag her brothers into the forest near their home just to see what they can find. She’s not above getting dirty, even though her sister nearly had heart failure every time she tracks mud in the house.
TRAIT Insensitive Now this isn’t to say Ceres is malicious to others, she just simply doesn’t feel the need to withhold comments for the sake of someone’s feelings.
TRAIT Gullible Ceres is rather easily fooled, which is something her brothers definitely use against her. It’s almost child's play to convince this girl to agree with your side, that is if she is actually paying attention to you.

Fuzzymelonlord

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:51 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
The whole school
Mood
Chipper

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

Hello, wherever you are
                                                          Are you dancing on the dance floor
                                                          or drinking by the bar?
                                                          Tonight we do it big, and shinin' like stars
                                                          And we don't give a f*ck 'cause that's just who we are

Cammie thought the whole concept of sorting was pretty neat, but having to wait for all the other kids...was pretty boring. Sure her name was high on the list, but unless she had already met the person being sorted she wasn't really paying that much attention. In fact she was having much more fun looking around the Great Hall. She vaguely wondered if she could make her hair match the ceiling sky, which would be super cool. She probably could if she tried, but she didn't feel like trying. She was so spaced out that she almost missed her name being called. When it registered, she all but bolted forward. As she did, she wondered if the hat would remember the thing that Eirian said it would say. "So....Hat, just a small question. How many rules do you think I can break without getting expelled? Just hypothetical of course." That was a lie.

And we are, we are, we are, we are, we are
                                                          The crazy kids, them crazy, them crazy kids
                                                          and we are, we are, we are, we are, we are
                                                          The crazy kids, we are the
                                                          We are the crazy people

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Mischievous You would almost think Cammy enjoys getting into scolded with how much trouble she gets into. If something is out of order you can almost bet Cammy is behind it.
TRAIT Blunt Cammy isn’t one to hold her tongue with anyone, teachers included. If she thinks something is stupid, she will tell you. If she thinks you’re cute, you’ll know.
TRAIT Competitive Cammy can be rather wild with her competitive side, but it doesn’t kick in for just anything. Only with topics and things that align with her interests. When she does get into a competitive mood, she will be devastated if she loses.
TRAIT Loyal Cammy is very ride or die. If she and a friend pull off a stupid stunt that will get them in trouble, nine times out of ten Cammy will attempt to take full blame for the situation.
TRAIT Petty Cammy holds grudges like nobody's business. If you turn your back on her or harm her or her friends in anyway she will remember. She keeps a book with the names off all the people who wronged her. She calls it her “if i go crazy and want to start killing people” book. She will also not be completely hostile but she will not be pleasant to be around if you’re a name in this book.
TRAIT Frivolous Cammy doesn’t really care what happens to her. She feels that whatever is going to happen is going to happen and nothing she can do will stop it. So she plans to have as much fun as possible while she is able to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
EVERYONE!
Mood
Hopeful

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

I’m standing at the crossroads now
                                                          I’m ready to go anywhere
                                                          I’m full of hope and full of fear

This was all in all such an exciting day, or at least it should have been. Ceres still felt odd about being here at school without her brothers, they deserved to be here with her. It was also the first time she has truly
                                                          been separated and she was honestly worried about them. She didn't want them to forget about her while she was at school, that would be the worst! So when her name was called, she snapped to attention and rushed up to the stool with a smile on her face. Father would scold her again if she wasn't the 'perfect child', she hated that. "Hey there Hatty! you seem pretty neat. Could you do me a favor and put me anywhere but with my sister? You might not remember her, but she is in Slytherin and she is mean." Ceres wouldn't have minded being in Slytherin, but after the way Aurelia had taunted their brothers before the school year started...Ceres didn't want to be anywhere near her.

And bridges back have all been burned
                                                          And freedom has been duly earned
                                                          I remember why I've gone
                                                          Remember where I'm coming from

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Ditzy Ceres isn’t very well known for remembering things, in fact more often than not a thought will leave her mind almost as soon as it enters. She’s usually kept grounded by her brothers who help her with her scatterbrain.
TRAIT Quick-Tempered Ceres tends to get angry rather easily if someone is doing things that she doesn't like or that she deems wrong. She doesn't scream or shout or anything like that. She tends to simply try her best to annoy her target so much that they go bonkers.
TRAIT Dramatic Ceres loves to make a scene when she can. She lives for the art of stirring up trouble. She tends to do it at home quite a bit. But only when Birch and Dunn are willing to join in on the fun and usually only if it’s to annoy Aurelia.
TRAIT Adventurous More often than not, Ceres will drag her brothers into the forest near their home just to see what they can find. She’s not above getting dirty, even though her sister nearly had heart failure every time she tracks mud in the house.
TRAIT Insensitive Now this isn’t to say Ceres is malicious to others, she just simply doesn’t feel the need to withhold comments for the sake of someone’s feelings.
TRAIT Gullible Ceres is rather easily fooled, which is something her brothers definitely use against her. It’s almost child's play to convince this girl to agree with your side, that is if she is actually paying attention to you.

Oh, I remember your sister, alright.
You're quite different from her, no worries that you'll end up together
And worried about your brothers? You have a big heart, my dear
I think you'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 pm
The Sorting Hat

Fuzzymelonlord
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
The whole school
Mood
Chipper

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

Hello, wherever you are
                                                          Are you dancing on the dance floor
                                                          or drinking by the bar?
                                                          Tonight we do it big, and shinin' like stars
                                                          And we don't give a f*ck 'cause that's just who we are

Cammie thought the whole concept of sorting was pretty neat, but having to wait for all the other kids...was pretty boring. Sure her name was high on the list, but unless she had already met the person being sorted she wasn't really paying that much attention. In fact she was having much more fun looking around the Great Hall. She vaguely wondered if she could make her hair match the ceiling sky, which would be super cool. She probably could if she tried, but she didn't feel like trying. She was so spaced out that she almost missed her name being called. When it registered, she all but bolted forward. As she did, she wondered if the hat would remember the thing that Eirian said it would say. "So....Hat, just a small question. How many rules do you think I can break without getting expelled? Just hypothetical of course." That was a lie.

And we are, we are, we are, we are, we are
                                                          The crazy kids, them crazy, them crazy kids
                                                          and we are, we are, we are, we are, we are
                                                          The crazy kids, we are the
                                                          We are the crazy people

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

TRAIT Mischievous You would almost think Cammy enjoys getting into scolded with how much trouble she gets into. If something is out of order you can almost bet Cammy is behind it.
TRAIT Blunt Cammy isn’t one to hold her tongue with anyone, teachers included. If she thinks something is stupid, she will tell you. If she thinks you’re cute, you’ll know.
TRAIT Competitive Cammy can be rather wild with her competitive side, but it doesn’t kick in for just anything. Only with topics and things that align with her interests. When she does get into a competitive mood, she will be devastated if she loses.
TRAIT Loyal Cammy is very ride or die. If she and a friend pull off a stupid stunt that will get them in trouble, nine times out of ten Cammy will attempt to take full blame for the situation.
TRAIT Petty Cammy holds grudges like nobody's business. If you turn your back on her or harm her or her friends in anyway she will remember. She keeps a book with the names off all the people who wronged her. She calls it her “if i go crazy and want to start killing people” book. She will also not be completely hostile but she will not be pleasant to be around if you’re a name in this book.
TRAIT Frivolous Cammy doesn’t really care what happens to her. She feels that whatever is going to happen is going to happen and nothing she can do will stop it. So she plans to have as much fun as possible while she is able to.

'Hypothetical,' eh? You're certainly spirited
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm sure that won't stop you
Yes, for you it's certainly

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:31 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • Gemma could barely stop herself from tapping her foot as she and the rest of the first years were ushered into the Great Hall to be sorted. She wasn't particularly worried about which house she'd be sorted in, not really. Deep down, she hoped she'd get sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw like her parents or sister, but she didn't have anything against the other houses, as long as she'd finally know what how she'd be sorted into. The hall itself was awe-inspiring, but it only kept Gemma's attention for a few minutes before the growling of her stomach reminded her of how hungry she was. It felt like the line was crawling ahead at the speed of ants, and the anticipation in the air was suffocating. Finally, her name was called and she couldn't get up and sit on the stool fast enough. Knees now bouncing with impatient, Gemma closed her eyes and hoped the hat would call out her house quickly.

TRAITS:
                                            ↳ Calculating:
                                            This isn't obvious given Gem's usual demeanor but she can be quite calculating. She doesn't plan ahead or actively manipulate people in the long run, but if she wants something quickly, she can figure out how to get it and make it happen. She can be quite devious if she wants to be, it's mostly for good fun or harmless pranks to make people laugh, not in a malicious way.

↳ Easygoing:
                                            Gem is quite easygoing and doesn't like to stress out over things, preferring to go with the flow and adapt. She likes to live in the moment and doesn't give much thought over the future, instead wanting to make every second count. She is also quite unambitious and rarely gets competitve.

↳ Impatient:
                                            Gem's impatience is notorious in her family and she dislikes waiting. It is in this aspect that she is a bit spoiled as she didn't often have to wait for anything and as such would much prefer to get things done quickly. Gem likes instant gratification and has trouble with anything that requires waiting and rewards in the long run or planning ahead.

↳ Perceptive:
                                            Gem is quite perceptive. She is quite skilled at reading the atmosphere and can pick subconsious clues easily, especially regarding other people's emotional states. She is also quick to notice details and clues, but she is better at reading emotions, a talent she uses most often to cheer up and brighten th atmosphere when she can.

↳ Sociable:
                                            At the core of things, Gem loves talking to people. Being an extrovert, she likes to spend time with others, to chat or even to just hang out. She's usually quite upbeat and friendly, and doesn't like to see people feeling down, often chatting with them and trying to cheer them up.

↳ Stubborn:
                                            Gem can be incredibly stubborn and headstrong, especially when it comes to her ideas and what she thinks she should do, and people telling her otherwise only makes her more determined. She also despises admitting that she was wrong in the first place, especially if she was stubborn about what she was doing wrong, preferring to brush it under the rug and apologise only when she has to.

• WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other first years tab tab tab FEELING anticipation

OOC Personality under spoiler

username

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:19 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • Ever since she heard about the magic school, Maisie couldn't stop imagining what it'd look like, and being told that Hogwarts was a castle only fueled her imagination further. She'd seen castles and ancient buildings before, and her mind kept returning to the ideal fairytale castle with big towers like Merlin's from the Sword in the Stone, but seeing Hogwarts in real life blew her expectations out of the water. It looked really amazing, and the interior was even better, with moving protraits, tapestries and suits of armour straight out of a medieval tournament! The hall they were ushered into was the single most amazing room that Maisie had ever been in and she couldn't stop staring at the floating candles and the twinkling stars visible through the arched ceiling. Then they brought out a talking hat! Hogwarts is so cool! she thought gleefully, watching as her soon to be classmates were each called out by name and were sorted into the different houses. Maisie didn't know which house she wanted to be put into, maybe the one with the lion? But being in the house with the eagle would be just as great, or the badger. As she contemplated which house she might like, her name was called out, pulling her out of her thoughts and with a grin, she took a seat at the stool and waited for the hat to be placed on her head. At least she wasn't the one who had to choose, she wouldn't be able to pick just one for herself.

TRAITS:
                                            ↳ Determined:
                                            Determined is one word to describe Maisie, although it would be more accurate to say that she perseveres. She doesn't let things get in her way once she has her mind set on something and if there are obstacles, she simply works around them. She is also quite adaptable and can think on the spot.

↳ Friendly:
                                            Maisie is quite friendly and welcoming, not just to her friends but to new people as well. She is quite cheerful and is always willing to include people; 'the more the merrier' is a statement that Maisie lives by and she finds that everything is better the more people enjoy it. That is not to say that she doesn't like spending time with smaller groups of people, not at all; as long as she spends time with her friends and family, she's happy. She sees no point in being rude since that's not how friendships start, and having moved around often before settling in Aberdeen, making friends is something that Maisie is good at.

↳ Helpful:
                                            Maisie enjoys helping people quite a bit and she's always willing to lend a hand to anyone who needs it. She likes to feel useful and would feel guilty if there was a way she could've helped someone but didn't. She hates turning people down even if it's to her detriment and in this way, she can be quite a people pleaser.

↳ Inquisitive:
                                            Curiosity is one trait that got her in trouble often. Maisie likes to know as much as she can about what's going on. In most cases, she can't help herself, but usually, she'd back off when told to do so, although she has trouble letting go of her curiosity even then. That being said, she can be hypocritical in that while she's quite inquisitve, she hates it when other people are too nosy although she justifies it by insisiting that she's not rude and would stop if told to do so as she doesn't want to hurt others' feelings.

↳ Reticent:
                                            Paradoxically, while Maisie is friendly and outgoing, she's also quite reticent, although this is not immediately noticeable due her cheerful exterior. She has no problem chatting with others and talking about her interests and activities, but she usually avoids personal questions, especially in regards to her past or her personal feelings, usually misdirecting them or giving the most basic details due to both habit and to not burden others with her troubles. Not telling people too much has been drilled into since she was young by her father and he is the only one she'd confide her insecurities and worries to.

↳ Straightforward:
                                            While friendly, Maisie can also be quite blunt and doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to matters excluding her own feelings. She doesn't do it to be rude, in fact she tries to not be rude and bother others, but she likes to state things as they are as she finds that it's the best way to clear the air and communicate with each other, especially if the other party is being stubborn.

• WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other first years tab tab tab FEELING excited

username

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 pm
User Image
                                                  The devil you know, the devil you know, the devil you don't
                                                  'Cause better to know the devil you know, the devil you don't
                                                  Cause wherever you go, wherever you go
                                                  With the devil you know you never alone
                                                  But it's better to know the devil you know, the devil you don't

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ṳη﹩◎ят℮ⅾ || ℉ḯяṧ⊥ ¥℮αґ || ℋαℓƒßʟø☺∂

════════════════════════

Loke smirked as he looked around the hall as they were led in. He'd heard about the ceiling, and the hall, and practically everything in the school from his dad, but it was completely different to be there. He wondered exactly how the Great Hall looked when Luke, Steffi, and Tobi had enchanted the suits of armour to dance in it, but he had to content himself with a description. Maybe he could do something similar? As it was, the minute he was called up, he gave the headmistress a smile and a wave, knowing fully that she had been his dad's head of house at one time. He waited for the hat to descend before he decided to ask one question of the hat. Is it true that both my parents were in Gryffindor? Why'd you put them there?

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ MISCHIEVOUS Loke likes to make mischief, usually in the form of pranks and jokes. He likes to press buttons as well, seeing how far he can go without hopefully getting into trouble. The problem is, he usually ends up in such trouble, as he often underestimates situations and gets caught as a result.
                                                      ◊ INTELLIGENT Loke is quite intelligent. He can easily figure out problems and find solutions, and can even come up with new ideas and ways to apply them. However, he does tend to jump the gun a bit when he's sure that he knows something, sometimes leading to him coming to the wrong conclusion.
                                                      ◊ BLUNT Loke is quite blunt, saying what's on his mind whenever he can. He usually likes to state things in such a way as to leave no room for ambiguousness, and often means what he says. However, he does realize that sometimes he can say the wrong things and tries to mitigate it, as he doesn't like to hurt people by careless words.
                                                      ◊ CREATIVE Loke has quite the imagination, and can usually devise new ways to make people laugh or prank someone. He loves to invent new ways to have fun or tell a joke, and enjoys discovering new ways to do so.
                                                      ◊ SARCASTIC Sarcasm is Loke's preferred way of dealing with trouble, and uses it like armour against a lot of problems. Not that he avoids them, but he can't help but come up with quips and jabs to deal with problems he can't otherwise deal with normally. He also tends to use it when he is being forced to do something he doesn't want to, often to show his displeasure in a given situation.
                                                      ◊ LOYAL For all of his troublemaking ways, Loke is quite loyal to his friends and family. He has heard of what happens when people break someone's trust or lie to get what they want, and Loke finds himself uncomfortable when that happens. Therefore, if he makes a promise, he sticks with it, and will often throw himself into danger if it helps those he cares about.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Oh, wicked!
                                              OOC:

-◎-

Make that money pile up baby, pile up higher
                                              Make that money pile up, make it pile up higher
                                              Make that money pile up baby, miles higher
                                              Make that money pile up baby, pile up higher

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:02 pm
The Sorting Hat

oyehh
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • Gemma could barely stop herself from tapping her foot as she and the rest of the first years were ushered into the Great Hall to be sorted. She wasn't particularly worried about which house she'd be sorted in, not really. Deep down, she hoped she'd get sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw like her parents or sister, but she didn't have anything against the other houses, as long as she'd finally know what how she'd be sorted into. The hall itself was awe-inspiring, but it only kept Gemma's attention for a few minutes before the growling of her stomach reminded her of how hungry she was. It felt like the line was crawling ahead at the speed of ants, and the anticipation in the air was suffocating. Finally, her name was called and she couldn't get up and sit on the stool fast enough. Knees now bouncing with impatient, Gemma closed her eyes and hoped the hat would call out her house quickly.

TRAITS:
                                            ↳ Calculating:
                                            This isn't obvious given Gem's usual demeanor but she can be quite calculating. She doesn't plan ahead or actively manipulate people in the long run, but if she wants something quickly, she can figure out how to get it and make it happen. She can be quite devious if she wants to be, it's mostly for good fun or harmless pranks to make people laugh, not in a malicious way.

↳ Easygoing:
                                            Gem is quite easygoing and doesn't like to stress out over things, preferring to go with the flow and adapt. She likes to live in the moment and doesn't give much thought over the future, instead wanting to make every second count. She is also quite unambitious and rarely gets competitve.

↳ Impatient:
                                            Gem's impatience is notorious in her family and she dislikes waiting. It is in this aspect that she is a bit spoiled as she didn't often have to wait for anything and as such would much prefer to get things done quickly. Gem likes instant gratification and has trouble with anything that requires waiting and rewards in the long run or planning ahead.

↳ Perceptive:
                                            Gem is quite perceptive. She is quite skilled at reading the atmosphere and can pick subconsious clues easily, especially regarding other people's emotional states. She is also quick to notice details and clues, but she is better at reading emotions, a talent she uses most often to cheer up and brighten th atmosphere when she can.

↳ Sociable:
                                            At the core of things, Gem loves talking to people. Being an extrovert, she likes to spend time with others, to chat or even to just hang out. She's usually quite upbeat and friendly, and doesn't like to see people feeling down, often chatting with them and trying to cheer them up.

↳ Stubborn:
                                            Gem can be incredibly stubborn and headstrong, especially when it comes to her ideas and what she thinks she should do, and people telling her otherwise only makes her more determined. She also despises admitting that she was wrong in the first place, especially if she was stubborn about what she was doing wrong, preferring to brush it under the rug and apologise only when she has to.

• WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other first years tab tab tab FEELING anticipation

username

Well, let's see now
A quick mind, and a desire to make things happen
Yes, I think you'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games