Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo had rode up to the castle after having a conversation with Rory. The boy had walked into the Great Hall a little bit late, but then again, wasn't that the usual. The sorting hadn't just yet started, but it was definitely close. Luckily, it wasn't close enough that Harlowe could give him a hard time about it and give him some kind of detention. Because her really didn't feel like serving another detention with that woman. Because, for one, that would probably break the friendly string of behavior in which he had adopted recently. Having texted Sophie the rest of the summer after the whole event with Cathy had put him in a rather good mood for once.

Looking around a bit, he found that Alex hadn't been sitting with anyone and instantly went over to the girl. Sitting down next to her, he looked toward her for a second before looking back up at the Sorting. "Just think, once were done here, we won't have to live through another Sorting again," he said to the girl, smiling at her for that brief second in which he looked at her. "I for one can not wait to graduate."

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

kiska166

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:44 pm
User Image
I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dermotwas startled at the had and what all it had said. Gryffindor was the house of the brave and courageous, or well that was what all the other first years had commented. Derry wasn't too sure he fit there. there was one thing about reading and hearing Adventures but actually being brave enough to go on one was something he wasn't. Steadily he got down and joined the people at the table.

Iit was different to be sitting at a table with so man people. Usually it was just Cath, himself and their mother occasionally their father or someone else but never so many. "Hello, it's nice to meet you all." this statement was not to anyone specific but the Irish young man wanted to at least get to know the people around him so he had to start somewhere right.

As he settled into his seat, his blue eyes drifted over ot the table his brother had been sent to. It was definatly going to be strange not to be sharing the room with his brother but he'd get used to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Translations: none at the moment

ooc:
he's open for whoever.  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          тanya cнerrι
                                                          Looking Quiet at the Gryff Table with Tanya
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Weird
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is the last time I have to sit through a sorting... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

тoo мυcн w a l ĸ ι n g, ѕнoeѕ w o r n т н ι n ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тoo мυcн т rι p p ι n ' and мy ѕ o υ l ' ѕ worn т н ι n ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          т ι м e тo caтcн a r ι d e, ιт leaveѕ т o d a y ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Her n a m e is what it m e a n s ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho gave his girlfriend a small smile when she kissed his cheek, returning it with one to her own, and shrugged. "Oh, you know. The normal 'This is the last sorting I'll ever sit through' thing. I think it's basically a requirement for seventh years to get weird and nostalgic on the first night of their last year in the castle, you know?" He chuckled, glancing at the staff table, and at the children being sorted at the head of the Hall. "And I know it sounds stereotypical as hell, but I can't help but be amazed that we were ever that tiny," he said with a snort. "Well, except... how're you related to the tall one? I can't keep track," he told her, laughing a bit. The Whitethorne clan was certainly prolific, that was for sure. She had nieces and nephews and all manner of other relatives coming out of the woodwork since her mother had married Gearvin. 'The tall one' wasn't really all that tall, until you took into account that the kid was eleven. He was shorter than both of them, sure, but not by much. He'd probably be taller than Tanya, even in her heels, by the time he stopped growing. Unless he'd just been a late bloomer and would stop at a younger age than most people... but, looking at the rest of the men in Tanya's family, Deveron excluded, he doubted it. He was pretty sure Chris was the shortest of the lot of them, and he still had to be around six feet tall. Chalmes was taller still, though not by much, which was weird, since they were identical... or, they were supposed to be. Echo wasn't entirely sure on that front, given that the height wasn't the only thing different about them. He knew that sometimes fraternal twins came out looking enough alike that they could be mistaken for identical, so maybe that was it.

spaceThe Ravenclaw re-gathered his thoughts, realizing he'd been drifting along on a completely random path, and turned his attention back to his girlfriend. "Anyway. I feel like I should be too young for all this nostalgia bullshite, shouldn't I? Or it could've at least waited until the end of the year," he told her, smirking faintly. "Also, you do know why you got Head Girl, right? Because it's the same reason you got prefect; Professor Harlowe was playing favorites. I bet she's friends with the Headmaster, he was your Head of House before she was." He snickered, eyes bright and playful. He had a rather easy time seeing Professor Harlowe sitting up in the Headmaster's office, chatting with Professor Steele and trying to talk him into making Tanya Head Girl. She certainly figured that Tanya deserved it. He agreed, really; he wasn't sure if she'd deserved it the most necessarily, Elsie also would've been a good choice (though, he supposed he was biased in their favor, given that they were his closest friends). But he couldn't resist trying to nettle her, just a little bit.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ т ι м e тo тaĸe нer н o м e , нer d ι z z y н e a d ιѕ conѕcιence-ladden
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ т ι м e тo тaĸe a r ι d e, ιт leaveѕ тoday, no c o n v e r ѕ a т ι o n
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ т ι м e тo тaĸe нer н o м e , нer d ι z z y н e a d ιѕ conѕcιence-ladden
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ т ι м e тo w a ι т т o o l o n g, тo w a ι т т o o l o n g, тo w a ι т т o o l o n g

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:22 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Unruly at the Gryff Table with Joel
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Hungry
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Feeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeeee ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ṉεχτ τïṃε αɾøυṉḋ, τhïṉќ αвøυτ ώ h α τ ÿøυ ṡ α ÿ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вεƒøɾε ÿøυ ɾ υ ṉ ÿøυɾ ṃ ø υ τ h ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вεсαυṡε ÿøυ'ɾε α l l α l ø ṉ ε αṉḋ ÿøυ'ɾε ṉ ø τ h ï ṉ ģ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          ώïτhøυτ ÿ ø υ ɾ ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ ṡ ṉ ø ώ ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIvy snorted at her friend when he had to correct himself on what to call his cousin. She rolled her eyes at the blond. "You know, I think you'll get a pass on calling him by his first name, Joel. Unless you're still trying to act like you're not related, but I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed," she told him, poking the boy in his ribs. She did wonder how exactly Joel coped with having to live with the guy, though. She didn't find him nearly as annoying as her friend did, and she couldn't imagine actually living with him. She was pretty sure she'd go insane from the boredom... Then again, maybe Professor Powell just talked about history a lot. That wouldn't be so bad; actually, it'd be loads better than her house. Her mum made her read. She hated reading. "Hmph, maybe we should switch houses next Summer; you can spend some time with my Mum and learn to appreciate Sir Nerds-A-Lot." She rolled her eyes again, groaning. Actually, she'd love to spend part of the Summer with literally anyone except her Mum. Joel and his cousin, Eira and her family, whoever. It didn't really matter all that much. Anything was better than her mother. She loved the woman, but ugh, was she sick of her.

spaceThe redhead frowned when he state that he hadn't seen Addie. She hadn't figured he had, since he'd have probably said something, or tried to get her to join them somehow, but still. Maybe he'd just gotten distracted, she figured. Except, apparently not. "Well, she's gotta be here somewhere," Ivy reasoned, shrugging, trying to act like she wasn't annoyed that the other girl was apparently no where to be found. Not at Addie for not being there; no, at herself, for not finding the other girl. "Hopefully she shows up soon; I wanna know what she did over the Summer. Actually, I wanna know what everyone did over the Summer. Since it's all got to've been infinitely better than mine," she muttered. Boy, did she sound bitter. Twelve year olds should not already be this bitter, seriously. But uuuugh did she hate living with her Mum. It was torture.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ ḋïḋ ÿøυ τhïṉќ τhατ ÿøυ hαḋ ṡ ø ṃ ε τ h ï ṉ ģ τø ρ ɾ ø ṿ ε ¿
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ώεll, ÿøυ ḋø, ÿεαh; ÿ ø υ ḋ ø ÿ ε α h
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ḋïḋ ÿøυ τhïṉќ τhατ ÿøυ hαḋ ṉ ø τ h ï ṉ ģ τø l ø ṡ ε ¿
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ώεll, ÿ ø υ ḋ ø - ṡø ÿøυ τ h ï ṉ ќ ÿøυ'ɾε ώ α l ќ ï ṉ ģ h ø ṃ ε

User Image

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Quoted you, amo, in case you wanted Addie to join them X3

Diamond Wales

am10690

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:52 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
Rosabella Winthrop
Gryffindor - Sixth Year - Sixteen - Muggleborn - Chaser - Seer
╚════════════════════════════╝

Rosabella looked up to see who had joined her and smiled when she realized it was Dani. "Good evening, mate. How've ya been?" she asked the girl. Throughout summer, they hadn't stayed in contact, which wasn't out of the ordinary. Rosabella hadn't made it a habit to stay in contact with anybody during the holidays. She figured if anyone really wanted to, they would put in effort to ask for her address at the least. The next moment, Axel sat down with the two girls. When asked if she was a chaser on the team, Rosabella nodded. "Nice to officially meet you. I'm Bella," the brunette replied, sticking out her hand to shake the boy's. "Competition's always been tough. In fact, I've been on the reserve for a few years before making the cut," she admitted.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I wanna dance with somebody. I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
I wanna dance with somebody. With somebody who loves me.

Graydon Ironshield
Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori hurried into the Great Hall after her friends. She waved goodbye to Kota, Feather, Lyall and Rider and headed to the Gryffindor table. She only knew one First Year this year, being Addy's sister, so the rest of the Sorting would probably be extremely boring. Sitting down with Pru and Addy, she straightened her uniform before turning to the two of them. "Which electives did you guys sign up for? I don't think I ever asked," Her mother had forced her to take a few classes she wasn't looking forward to, such as Cooking with Magic and Healing. Because she was the first born and not a male, she had to be trained in the, as her mother put it, Ways of the Lady, which basically involved a lot of dancing lessons, cooking lessons, walking around with a giant book on her head, and the like. Honestly, Tori didn't care about those things. She wanted to design clothes and become a famous fashion star, while her mother was prepping her to be exactly like her, a rich housewife. Ugh. So boring.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR THIRD YEARxxx

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.
                                                            If all you see is how I look, you miss the superchick within. And I christen you titanic, underestimate and swim.
                                                            I've got the rifle gonna be myself. I'll be everything that I want to be! I am confidence in insecurity.
                                                            I am a voice yet waiting to be heard. I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear round the world. I'm a one girl revolution.

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:15 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƬΉIЯD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

Addison looked up when he heard his sister's name called, and watched the little blonde as she took her seat. When the Hat called out Hufflepuff, Addison let out a sigh of relief. He gave her a small nod when she looked over at him, then was jostled out of his distraction by Pru. "Relieved, I guess. I love Mattie, but she can be a real thorn in my side, you know?" He half-smiled, then sighed a little. She was his sister, but she could be so annoying... When Tori asked about what electives they were taking, Addison shifted from leaning on his elbows to sitting up. "I'm taking a bunch of classes to help me become an Auror. Um... it was Care of Magical Creatures, Cursebreaking, Wandless Magic and Wizard Law."

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:58 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❺| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |❺| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

"Hi, Axel," Dani replied warmly, as her housemate sat down with her and Bella. "I've been doing well enough," she added, figuring neither of them wanted or needed to know just how lousy her summer was, or what soured her mood tonight. Usually she was up and happy for the start of the term, and she enjoyed the Sorting Feast, not so this time around, and she just couldn't fake happy like Cathy could.

She chuckled ironically when Axel mentioned how rough the competition to get on the Quidditch team was, and she tried hard to shove the notion she wouldn't get to be in a game herself likely before her Sixth or Seventh Year to back of her mind. Instead she tried focusing on the Sorting, and Gryffindor's anemic showing thus far.

'Three incoming students,' she thought, dismayed by what she was seeing. 'Not even enough to fill one of the dorm rooms. Wonder how many of them will still be here next year.' She figured she should at least know their names, so she could start being the older sister to them as Veronica was for her as she came up through the years.

OOC: Open for interaction

kiska166

Essy ze Ninja

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm
User Image

User Image

He nodded in kind at Dani's greeting and had no reason to suspect that anything was amiss. He'd be lying if he said he knew anything about her, so he could only assume that, like himself, she was bored and ready and waiting for the feast to begin. When Bella introduced herself, he moved the long fingers of his big knuckled hand to shake hers in a proper greeting, (which he really wasn't all that used to doing, it felt... weird?) ”Yeah, that's what I hear, for as long as anyone can remember, it seems like. Least that means we'll always have an ace team, meanwhile, the other houses have to settle with first and second years on starting string. So I guess I complain now.. but it could be worse.” He relented, the flat side of his hand rubbed at his jowls, peach fuzz barely visible, but dammit, he could feel it was coming in. Sooner rather than later, he hoped. ”Slow lot of first years, innit?” He casually commented, veering his eyes around to count the remaining pack of firsties that had yet to be sorted (and there weren't many,) then compared that to how many he recalled had already been sorted. ”Least we got more than Slytherin...” He murmured, maybe a bit too personally. He doesn't need anyone asking questions, after all. When Axel leaned forward to rest his forearms down against the table, he decided that even small talk was better than nothing. ”So did you two mates' have a good summer?” He wondered, and then like a bad habit, began to drum his fingers against the table in a rhythmic droll that made it seem like time was going by faster but it was really just the opposite.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
≎╬══→ Fifth Year ←══╬≎
Gryffindor Table, with Dani and Bella
Dressed in: Gryffindor Uniform
15 yrs Ψ 5'7" Ψ 151lbs
╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Kiska166
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:34 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXHead GirlXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

They say we are what we are
But we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

Tanya grinned brightly as Echo reciprocated her kiss and blatantly rolled her eyes when he explained he was already doing the reminiscent nostalgia thing. Jeez, you'd think he'd wait until the Leaving Feast to get like this! She did however snort as he commented on if they were ever as tiny as the first years as well as pointing out her not-so-tiny cousin. At his quip at not being able to keep track of her family she merely stuck out her tongue childishly while unsurpassed joy shone in her eyes. She'd never had so much family to that she had to remember names, it was so exciting! For so long it had just been her, her mum, and Cookie and now, well now she had family out the wazoo! She had to actually hide to get away from family, it was awesome! "Well you may not remember it but I do. I was shorter than all you guys until like fifth year! And the friendly giant over there is my cousin. He's my uncle's kid and his name is Zeph. I have bets saying he'll be a Puff." she said with an impish grin. By a struck of luck, her cousin was next in the sorting and just like she predicted he was sorted into the house of badgers. He was such a nice sweet kid she couldn't really see him anywhere else. Plus it wasn't like his dad could complain if he wanted to since he was a Gryffindor. She sighed as she took his not so towering frame among all the firsties and lightly pouted. "I swear he better not grow taller than me at least until his fifth year. Being beat by a thirteen year old is a type of embarrassment I don't think I'd be able to walk away from." Tanya muttered sizing up the eleven year old. She was still tempted to check his genealogy to see if there was any giant blood within him because that just wasn't normal.

Her plans of subterfuge and sabotage were cut short when Echo basically said what she had been thinking earlier about waiting until the end of the year to feel like a grumpy old man which she agreed with wholeheartedly. "Got it in one. 'Cides, it might be better for you to get this out the way now so when the end of the year comes you'll just be ready to leave forever." They really were leaving forever weren't they? As far as she knew, he didn't have any plans to come back as a professor and she certainly didn't so the only time they'd even be close to the school would be to drop off their kid at Platform 9 3/4. That thought process just made her double blink. Why in Hades' fiery hell was she thinking about kids?! She was seventeen! She hadn't even taken her NEWT's yet! Hell, she was still on the fence between healing and mediwizardry and she wanted to think about kids?! ******** no! Thankfully, her boyfriend brought back from the great beyond saying that the only reason she got Head Girl was because she was Professor Harlowe's favorite, which she couldn't even deny or stop her smirk from forming. "I really doubt Steele remembers me past being that puffy haired lion with a bowtie. And if being her favorite is what made me Head Girl, I should've caused a lot more mischief in her classes." Tanya chuckled not really meaning her words. As much of a "honor" it was to be Head Girl, she still wasn't sure why she of all people had been chosen. Leo clearly had the leadership skills since she was VC and now Captain of the Quidditch team. Same went for Elsie! She really doubted she was chosen just because she might be her Head of House's favorite so that just left her with a lot of "why's and how's." Either way, it happened and she would do her best with what she was given. And try not to strangle any upstart fifth year prefects.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Oooooooh
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
Oooooooh,
I try to picture me without you but I can't

UniformWhere: Great Hall ~Gryffindor TableWith: Echo other peopleThinking: Nahhh, she wouldn't...would she?OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:31 pm
User Image

Addie rushed into the great hall. She had fallen asleep on the train and missed out on finding her friends earlier. She shook her head that was a terrible excuse she's need to come up with something more clever when she found her red headed friend. She figured Ivy and Joel would be sitting together and searching for Ivy's red mop was much easier to spot. Finally catching it she made her way over to the pair.

"Hey guys!" She smiled at her friends as she plopped down at the Gryffindor table with them. "Sorry got distracted arm wrestling a troll." She continued with a dead straight face. The brunette fought to keep the corners of her mouth from tugging up as she watched their reactions.

Cara MiaKitty
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:26 pm
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. Of course there are the usual school announcements, which sadly must be stated before we get all groggy by the feast. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and as anyone in the school will tell you, the name Forbidden Forest is not a misnomer, and instead should tell you that there are things in there that will not hesitate to have students for snacks. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                    OOC:

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:38 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Hogsmeade Station -> Great Hall - Gryffindor Table

Leonette headed into the great hall and over to the Gryffindor Table. Taking a seat she looked around and noticed Rory wasn't at the table yet. Didn't matter, she'd run into eventually or so the seventh year hoped. Looking to the sorting she watched absentmindedly clapping for each first year sorted. When she heard the name Avery Leonette's eyes shot up with curiosity. 'Sera Avery...?' she thought with slight surprise. David never mentioned an Avery being sorted this year. Leonette figured it simply slipped his mind with everything else going on. It was no surprise when the girl got Slytherin, all Avery's seemed to go there.

Looking over at one of the newest members of her house said "hello" Leonette smiled. "It's nice to meet you too Dermot. Welcome to Gryffindor." she said with a friendly smile. "My name's Leonette Mitchell, Leo for short. I hope you enjoyed the trip to get here." she added as her eyes started to wander over to the Ravenclaw table. That's when she realized he was doing the same thing. "I'm guessing it's your brother who just got sorted into Ravenclaw, am I right?" Leonette asked knowing the feeling.

Glancing up at the front of the room when the headmaster spoke, Leonette knew the rules blindfolded. Luckily once his announcement was done food appeared leaving the seventh year to start putting food on her plate.

With: Housemates... Dermot

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

anbu_ninja_penguin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:22 pm
User Image

Arianna made her appearance in the great hall finally as the feast itself was starting. She was having one of those days were nothing was going right and she was a little flustered by it all. She made her way to the Gryffindor table and snagged a seat. She glanced up and down the table wondering where Nina could be hiding. She really could use a good laugh with her friend.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:07 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❺| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |❺| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

As the Sorting continued, Dani took care to make note of the names of the incoming Gryffindors, and her misgivings lessened as their ranks swelled. Her fear there would be only a handful of students abated. 'Asteria Frey, Levi Gamble, Drayce Irvine, Dermot Killough, William Radcliffe. This could be a very interesting incoming class,' she thought, as she jotted down their names on a bit of parchment.

Once the Headmaster made his opening remarks, dinner appeared. The aroma of roasted chicken and beef kindled her appetite, which hadn't been present while she stewed over ... well, everything that had been going on in her life of late. 'I need to enjoy these occasions,' she thought, as she tucked into the fine feast the House Elves created. 'Tomorrow will take care of itself.' She smiled as she spotted a pot of coffee close by her; one whiff of its contents was enough for her to know her favourite blend was contained within.

After waiting what she figured was an appropriate amount of time, Dani got up off the bench and drew herself up to her full height; a good couple inches taller since the last time she sat there. 'All I have to do is try not to blow this like I did things at the Prefects' meeting this morning,' she thought. 'Piece of cake.' She brushed down her skirt, and drew a deep breath before dinging her class musically to start getting the collective attention of the other students at the table.

Dani smiled, as she felt the first bit of genuine happiness she'd had all day, and a swell of pride in her House, and said cheerfully, when she was sure there were students actually paying her notice, "Hello, incoming Gryffindors, my name is Danica Stewart; though most just call me 'Dani', and I am one of the House Prefects. If you will please join me, I shall be guiding you to our Common Room and the dormitories. If you have any questions, please ask away; if you have any concerns do not hesitate to bring them to my attention."

Looking around at the new students, she added, "Right, lets form up and be on our way, then."

OOC: First Year Gryffindors are asked to post here, before going on up into the castle. Thank you.

The Forgotten Weasley

King Beardly

Utsuha Moon

anbu_ninja_penguin

Violet the Maestro

════════════════════════

OOC:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games