Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm
Personally I'm looking forward to that KoTOR book as well. That way I have even more feats and talents that I want but won't be able to take. Why do they give you so many good options in Saga edition? gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 am
To make up for the last two shitty d20 versions.
By comparison of course.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:33 pm
Finally got my hands on the KotOR Campaign guide.
I love it. Chock fulla stuff I can use in any era and all the crap I need to run a KotOR Campaign as advertised.
Saga edition is getting better and better. I dread the day when the ride ends.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:07 pm
Hey All, I have a question...

I enjoy playing different RTS that have come out for the PC systems. Some of my favorites are... Dawn of War, Starcraft, Homeworld, Command & Conquer, and Company of Heroes.

I was told that Star Wars: Empire at War was a RTS in the Star Wars universe. I was thinking of picking the game up, but I was curious what is everyone's opinion to that game.

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 pm
That depends on who you ask.
Overall its an alright game but they could have done more with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 pm
If you're looking for a challenging RTS, one which can be fun to play for a long time, EaW is just not up to the task. Even the mods do little to help vary up gameplay.

Computer always attacks your base with like, 20 units with like, 900, and you can still kick their bums back to timbuktu without really moving. Once you learn the maps, you learn which units to use, which to just keep in reserve for that quirky defense, and where to go.

Overall really fun when bored, but nothing that'll keep your attention once you learned the ins and outs. Depends on if the cost of buying it will be worth the eventual mediocrity of game options.

I'd stick to homeworld and starcraft, personally.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 am

Thank you very much for the insight. Judging by fufilling remarks, I know what to expect from the game itself. I was nervous because I thought this was one of those challenging RTS that will take months to

I do still plan to pick it up, as I saw a Star Wars game pack that had Battlefront, Republic Commando, KoTOR, and EoW in one package.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 am
Republic Commando and KotOR are probably the only good ones out of that whole package.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:13 am
Battlefront and EaW are good games, but they're so short that even the replay value wears thin eventually...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 pm
The KotOR supplement is pretty good though it didn't quite have as much as I expected. Granted that was just looking through it on the way home. Still the book is definitely a worthy supplement to saga edition.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:37 pm
That all depends on what you're looking for.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 pm
Want force unleashed.... Don't even care if it sucks... just want it... grr...  

Kiraketsu

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:57 pm
I'm probablyg to have to trip up to Lincoln early in the morn to beat the rush to grab the source book.
On my way back I might see if I can grab the game...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 am
The Force Unleashed source book is out already? Damnit. Now I need that and the Starships of the Galaxy.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 am
My roommate is going out to rent Force Unleashed tonight. So, here's hoping it's decent. *Crosses fingers*  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games