Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:01 am
Looker frowned at Helena playing dumb. "Please miss, you may be in danger!"

Regardless of if Helena stopped or not, a shiver visibly ran up and down the Detective's spine. He threw his mug of coffee onto the ground and pointed at Zack. "Cut the profilin' and tell us what you know about trainers going missing, kid!" he growled at Zack in his rumbly, Danny DeVito-esque voice. "I'm sick of all these children being sassy, Looker."

"Detective, easy now." Looker held up a hand to stop the Detective from going further. The Pikachu sulked and folded his arms, glowering at Zack while Looker spoke to the elder Redgrave in a more hushed tone. "We've been investigating the circumstances of drop outs in the Kalos league since we got here. People of interest, that is what you and your sister are."

Looker quickly held up his hands, trying to backpedal as a sweatdrop ran down his head. "Not suspects, is what I mean. But targets, that might be what you are. I implore you to listen, please."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:22 pm
((I stopped waiting ninja ))

'Ha! I ********' knew it!' Zack jabbed a finger at the Detective. He'd spent enough time around Gremlin to know that a pokémon with that many human mannerisms had a lingual trick up its sleeve. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Helena rejoining her group of friends, then replied to Looker in a calmer tone.

'Riiight, that's convenient,' Zack said. So the one big conspiracy they knew for sure was happening in Kalos, which just so happened to be the one they were fighting back against, also just so happened to be the one this random Interpol agent was investigating? Yeah. Okay. 'Look, er, whatever you said your name was, everyone here's heard the rumours, and maybe I know something more than that. But why don't you extend the olive branch and tell me something I don't know?'

Arrange a meet, get some backup from the crew, record everything. Kick this guy's teeth in if he turned out to be a double agent.

'If you want my information, it's on my terms.'

((Zack's team changes over the Caesura are as follows))

Malis
Level 41 --> 42
New Moves --> Dragon Dance | Thunder Punch | Toxic | Sunny Day

Hazard
Level 46 --> 50
New Moves --> Reflect Type

Serene
Level 35 --> 40

Hazard
Level 44 --> 47
New Moves --> Dark Pulse | Endure

Seelie
Sort of on Zack's team --> Returned to Gurkinn

Fatass
Filling up a pokéball --> Donated

Antiq
Recovering from the battle with Ratio --> Out of retirement  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Route 12

Helena had recounted what the Agent had said before she was gone, and noted her suspicions. "He's probably working for the nobility and if we admit to anything we'll vanish under mysterious circumstances."

Azucena nodded thrice and sighed. "Well, maybe we can use this." She was already texting away on her holocaster with Henrietta walking backwards in front of her.

"H-hey, be careful."

Azucena finished the quick text and looked up at the pink haired teen. "Did you really cry after talking to her brother?"

Henrietta's face turned bright red and tears welled up in her eyes. "N-n-n-n-no."

"You did!" Azucena's face lit up and she quickly closed the distance between the two of them, her fingers burying into Henrietta's sides as she tickled the trainer.

Henrietta squealed suddenly and loudly and the noise devolved into laughter as she squirmed futiley in an attempt to get away. "Y-y-y-yesss!" she'd cry before
Azucena would stop.

"S-stop teasing me," she said, face flushed bright red as her eyes locked onto the darker skinned teens.

"Make me." Azucena drew in close and Henrietta gasped.

"n-no."

And then they kissed. Henrietta's eyes fluttered shut and Azucena's closed to half-lidded until she drew back a few seconds later. When Henrietta's eyes opened they were glazed over and her face seemed everal shades brighter.

As Helena watched the two she felt a pang of something. It wasn't exactly jealously but longing. She thought of Grant kissing her and before she could stop herself she said "you two are cute, I wish I was getting kissed."

Azucena turned to look at her and winked, smiling before the three of them started foeward again.

Grant was gone. He had disappeared and Helena could only hope that he had ghosted her and that he wasn't dead. It was easier on her heart to assume that Zack was right about the guy only being after one thing.

It wasn't long before Bridgette came running back, out and breath but full of excitement. "I beat them all!" she declared before coming to a stop before them, hands on her knees as she hunched over.

"Did you actually clear the whole route?" Azucena asked, now walking hand in hand with Henrietta.

"Yes!" Bridgette shouted excitedly, her voice scratchy from her dry throat. "Every single one!"

"I believe you," Azucena said as she took a few pokedollars from her purse. "All yours, dude." She handed them over and Bridgette grinned excitedly. She took them and shoved them all haphazardly into her backpack.

"I'm gonna buy so much candy with this!"

"Hey, I don't think you need any more sweets. You're gonna spoil dinner."

Bridgette stuck her tongue out at the dark skinned woman.

"Yeah, well, I'll just buy out all the sweets before you. Every single sweet in the entire city!" Azucena took off ahead of them in a sprint, letting go of Henrietta's hand.

"Hey!" Bridgette called after her. "no way you have that much money!"

Helena smiled at Henrietta whose eyes widened with realization. "I think all three of us together probably do," she Redgrave said before her and Henrietta nodded and took off after Azucena.

"W-wait!" Bridgette shouted, suddenly flustered. "Don't you dare!" and she took off after them.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:52 am
"Cut the crap, kid." Detective folded his arms and puffed up his chest. It was adorable. "Y'know how easy it'd be to grab a warrant? You wanna get deported? You don't challenge the house when they've got a full hand, or ya get flushed like-"

"Detective, easy now." Looker held up a hand for the mouse to stop. "Yes, Looker is my name. A trade, perhaps we can make one. Like a trainer would, yes? I can tell you about declassified findings."
"But Looker," Detective announced, exasperated. "My metaphor-"
"There is nothing to be meta for, Detective. I believe this young man can point us in the right direction."

He gestured to a nearby garden table under a picnic umbrella, surrounded by chairs. "Would you have a seat with me, Mr. Redgrave?"  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:13 am
Zack looked at the seat as if it were booby trapped, then shook his head. 'Fine.'

He walked past Looker to take a seat, and said 'Doubt you could even sign the paperwork, you ********' squirrel' to Detective Pikachu on the way past. He swung a seat out, sat on it, and crossed his foot over his knee in one smooth motion.

People around them had resumed battles. Mostly small-fry trainers, but Zack spotted a couple of decently evolved pokémon in the mix. Nothing too threatening, but better than the trash he'd seen in week one.

Zack took his holocaster off as Looker sat down and placed it in his backpack. It took only a second, but he dialled a call out to Mia before sitting up and folding his arms, listening to whatever Looker had to say.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Couriway Town

As expected at 11 AM during league week, the patio of Aly’s café of choice wasn’t crowded. It overlooked the western riverbank of Couriway, a clear view of crystal waters. Couriway didn’t have a Gym. Its main business was tourism and hiking, which attracted a quieter variety of people. This made Aly and Juliet, who were laughing with Bloody Mary’s and coffee, the loudest ones there.

“Her last bar was ‘Oh, you’re sappy, son? You’s a Nosepass backwards,’ and everybody lost their s**t.” Aly sighed heavily, belly full of laughter. “And that was the best cypher in Kanto for sure.”
“You know I don’t really get all this rap stuff, right?”
Aly held up her forefingers and thumbs, connecting them to form a box. “Square.”

Her eyes wandered across the patio. Underneath a straw canopy was a tiny stage with a mic, amp, and screen. “Wanna go for it?” She nodded to the karaoke machine.
Juliet eyed it warily. “It’s 11 AM.”
“It’s 11 PM som-“
“Somewhere, I know.”
“Doesn’t matter. Singing is for anytime.” Aly pouted and leaned forward. “Serenade us all with that beautiful voice of yours.”
“I’ll pass. Hard pass.” Juliet took a sip of her coffee, frowned, and pulled out her flask. As she tipped in some whiskey, Aly raised an eyebrow.
“Goin’ a little hard this morning, huh?”
Juliet paused and looked up, incredulous. “You’re the one who wanted to get drinks.”
A drink. Not three. Save it for later, we’ve got a party to go to.”

The flask was capped and stuffed back into Juliet’s coat. The noblewoman fidgeted and looked away sheepishly. Before she could even say a word, Aly gasped. “You have to come!”
“It’s not my scene. I don’t really belong there…”

Last week, Juliet had decided to hang out at Gotengo after some detective work. Despite her caution, Mia was a gracious guest. The younger kids were confused at first, but accepting. It wasn’t glamorous, it was dirty and full of litter. But it had almost been a pleasant time, until Salieri showed up and kicked her out. The experience was brief, but stuck with her.

“Don’t be stupid, stupid. Of course you do!”
“People don’t really…like…me…”

Kallikrates, curled up in a ball at Juliet’s feet and soaking in the sun’s rays, opened an eye. She shifted over and rested her violet tails on Juliet’s boots. Juliet slumped in her seat, looking at herself in her mug of coffee.

Aly slammed her hand on the table, startling Juliet out of her withdrawn stupor. “Quit it! I’m so sick of hearing about Salieri Soledad!”
“I didn’t say-“
“It’s in your voice. It’s in your eyes.”

Juliet met Aly’s gaze. The blonde’s eyes were a piercing blue, twinkling like jagged ice. It was something dangerous, and it was always like this when Aly got mad.

“Stop thinking about this girl, it’s a waste of your time!”
“It’s not her,” Juliet told her, and that was half true. It was Salieri, but it was others too. Salieri’s friends. Matheson’s friends. Maybe even Matheson. Her father. Juliet could count the number of people she thought liked her on one hand.

It hadn’t always been like this. In the past week, she dwelled on it more and more. Every league season, she thought about it, and it got worse. And she knew it was because of who she was, and the choices she had made to get there.

Aly folded her arms, leaned back in her chair, and scowled. “You’re gonna sit there and tell me, honestly, that people don’t like you? I love you! Plenty of people love you! You’re worth more than you think you are so get over it!”

She angrily sipped her Bloody Mary through a straw, which was something Juliet didn’t think could be done angrily but it could. “I just don’t know if I’m up for a party, Aly. Lay off it.”
Aly breathed deep through her nose. “…I’m gonna get you to come.”
“Stoooop.”
“I’m gonna get you to want to come. Somehow.” Aly grinned, seeming to cheer herself up with some plan Juliet wasn’t privy to. “You’ll see.”
“I don’t doubt it. Hey, check the time.”

Aly did a double take at the clock on the wall. “Merrrrde merde merde.” She took the dtraw out of her drink and started slurping. “Gonna be late.”
“Which Gym are you taking on?”
“Coumarine, babyyyy. Gotta get that green.” Aly burped. “Ugh. Whatchu gonna do?”
“I need to stop at the Lumiose station. They want help on the Procession case.”
Aly’s eyes grew wide. They twinkled that icy shine again. “Tell me morrre?”
“I mean…” Juliet got up from the table, sifting through her wallet for the tip. “It’s nothing they shouldn’t already know.”

Lumiose City – Police Station

Juliet windmilled the report onto the desk. “It’s two different people. How could you not know?”

Captain Marcel snatched the papers away, scanning them all too quickly. The ever present din of cops and perps played out in the background behind them. Lumiose PD had arrested some belligerent protesters earlier in the morning. After Alexa’s news story about Jullien Nostrad’s hidden oil field had come to light, there had been a steady build of protests throughout the caesura. Kalos was getting restless. Too many dangerous, unpredictable events were happening one after the other, and the nobility wasn’t trusted. It was a time bomb that needed to be diffused.

Juliet wasn’t here to play bomb squad. She was here for one specific case, and evidently, they needed her help more than she had thought. A few lingering officers looked over the Captain’s shoulders at Juliet’s report, until he swatted them back. “Give me the abridged version, Miss Nostrad.”

“Multiple members of the terrorist’s team have been identified. Arcanine, Aegislash, an unidentified Pokémon we assume is a Rock or Ground type, and a Ditto.”
“Where’d you get Ditto from?” one of the cops snapped, annoyed by Juliet’s tone.
“That blob you had in evidence. I looked at it an hour ago. Suspicions confirmed.”
“Look, I’ve run tests with my guys over the whole caesura on that thing,” the cop retorted, indignant. “There were multiple matches for the DNA. How’d you get that conclusion an hour ago?”
“Because I’m better at it,” Juliet snapped back. “You don’t read history like I do…besides, if the DNA sequence is unstable, that narrows it down. Given the M.O., a Ditto is a solid working theory.”

“Alright, alright, settle down,” said the Captain, directing it to both the cop and Juliet. “So let’s say it is. Why does that make it two people?”
“Even if it was a different Pokémon, none of the terrorist’s team matches the Pokémon witnessed during the attack at the RIchissime days prior. Their methods, their builds, different. I’d chalk it up to a copycat, but the Chateau was broken into during the procession. Certainly not by Ratio.”

She gestured to the reports once more. “There’s two of them. The terrorist isn’t acting alone.”

The present officers murmured to each other, quickly spitballing theories and Grumpiggybacking on Juliet’s theory. “And what would the terrorists want with the Chateau?”
Juliet breathed deep, trying not to give away that she didn't want to talk about her family. “That’s a question better reserved for my father.”
The Captain sighed. “Miss Nostrad, we appreciate the help you’ve given us throughout the years. And this theory is strong. I think with that base, we can handle the case from here.”

It was a noncommittal way of saying ‘You’re off the case’. It didn’t have to be explicit for it to be true. Juliet knew that the Nostrad name was currently in the mud. She didn’t think that it would extend to her detective work. “I’m trying to help you.”
“And you have. Again, we appreciate all you’ve done. We’ll call you when we need you, Miss Nostrad.”

He nodded at her, because as a noble, he could not simply dismiss her like he would other outsourced consultants. The message was still clear. “Thank you, Captain,” Juliet mumbled, spinning on her heel and marching with her fists bunched together and her head down.

Her cheeks felt hot as she emerged onto the street. She wanted to be away. Far away, from any of this. That wish was impossible for her. All her recent work had been put towards righting Kalos where it had been led astray. Yet constantly, she found that Kalos didn’t want that from her.

Once again, she remained unsatisfied.

Shalour City Pokémon Center

"You think you're better than me cause you've got thumbs, kid?" The Detective scoffed, clearly hiding his hurt. "Tough talk comin' from a hairless Primeape."

Looker sat down opposite Zack, and the Detective sat between them. “The missing people, I'm sure you've heard the rumors? Well, rumors they are not! Those trainers have yet to show up, even after the leagues they've competed in."

Looker reached into his coat and pulled out a series of photos. He set them down, one by one, in front of Zack. Each of them was of a trainer who had both competed in the Kalos league and was considered a missing person. Among the photos Looker put down were at least three names Zack would recognize: Mozart, Allard, and Grant.

"All of these trainers had earned four or more badges early into the league. Every non native Kalos trainer has either dropped at a certain stage of the League, or has gone missing. Upstart Kalosian trainers, missing. None of the missing trainers have been nobility. Very few have been sponsored."
"The pattern is too repetitive to ignore," the Detective mused, rubbing his chin in his hand. He hopped onto the table and poked at the photos. "We're operatin' under the assumption that these are not accidents. Someone wants these trainers out of the competition."
"Revenue, tourism, a boost in economy. This is what the league does for Kalos. A lot of money, that's what this league generates, and when there is this much money at stake-"
"Then foul play becomes an avenue that people take. The road for crooks."

The Detective shared a glance with Looker. It was the unsaid agreement, spoken between partners, that dictated their job was to stop this from going on no matter the cost.

"The local authorities, we've asked for their take. They're inoculated to these occurrences, too much to see the pattern. So we asked the nobility. Tight lipped or ignorant of the issue, that is what we found out they were." Looker sighed, and pushed the photos towards Zack slowly. "So now we come to you. Your sister could become a target, according to the pattern. I'm afraid I can't say much more to a normal civilian. But if we were to work together, permission to divulge is something I could work to obtain. What is your take on this matter, Mr. Redgrave?"  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:21 pm
((Treating Pokedollars as Yen since Artemis once pointed out that the two function the same which means 100 pokedollars = 1.00 USD))

Couramine City Gym - The Stands

"It's quite an upset 'ere today on the first day of our second week! If Jumpluff can't manage 'er burn and beat challenger 'Enrietta's Lampent I'm afraid we'll see our second loss of the day!"

The announcer's voice rang through the screen, echoing louder than the constant cheering for the ongoing match. Henrietta's face, projected on a large monitor, was full of confidence and focus. The only time the pink haired teen was ever like this was during a match.

"The 'Ex lands! Jumpluff is reeling!" Bridgette jumped up to her prosthetic feet to cheer, pulling off one of her arms to hold it even higher in the crowd and waving it dramatically.

"Inferno! Jumpluff 'as been consumed!"

"Yaaaay!" Bridgette cheered as the match came to an end. She turned to look at Azucena and Helena only to find the two missing.

"They better not miss my match," she'd pout as she began to re-attach her arm. She was next, after all.

Couramine City Gym - Hall Before The Stands

"What are you talking about?" Helena asked, louder than she usually spoke. The roar of the match threatened to drown her out even with a foot of cement between her and the arena stands.

"Absolon just said it. You're endorsed by Lord Balibar himself."

"You're kidding." Helena felt her heart beat faster. Fear. Fear. Fear.

"I'm not. Here's the offer." She handed Helena her holocaster and the Redgrave looked down at it.

One hundred thousand pokedollars a day. One million bonus every time she wins a badge. One hundred million if she wins the league.

"Accept," Helena said. In one stunning moment her fear completely washed away. The pit in her stomach bubbled with excitement. She forgot all about Jean-Pierre. If she truly was sponsored then nobody could stop her.

And she could even afford to take care of her mother.

"I already did," Azucena said, unable to contain her excitement. "As your manager, of course."

"Course." Helena said, looking at the offer again.

"They're gonna have someone meet us in the dressing room. Apparently you're getting a personal stylist for your gym matches."

Before Helena could respond the squeaky scratchy voice of yells-too-much-Bridgette sounded from behind them.

"You jerks better watch my match! Ettsy won!" The smaller tween was already running toward the lobby to the arena floor at the base of the giant tree. She was up next.

The two teens looked at each other and laughed. "Let's go congratulate her."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:43 pm
Couramine City Gym - Changing Room

"Congratulations!" Henrietta said, hugging Helena as her voice broke down into laughter. It enchanted her next words, interwoven between the syllables "I'm so proud of you."

Helena's face was beat red as she hugged the pink teen back. "You too!" In the changing room already was the stylist that Azucena had mentioned.

"You will want to be ready before the match." He said, thick Kalosian accent difficult to translate immediately but Helena managed to understand him after a few seconds of rolling the words around in her head.

"Yeah. Hey," she turned to Azucena. "Can you bring me Loki? Before you go cheer Bridgette on."

Azucena smiled as she pulled Henrietta away from the Redgrave sister. "Can do and, uh, Hel?"

"Azzy?"

"You're blushing a lot."

Helena felt her face redden further, feeling her heartbeat hammer in her cheeks from embarrassment. "H-hurry up!"

By the time the two got to the arena it would be the near end of the match.

"Victreebel 'as broken anoter Substitute! The Power Whip connects! Drifblim 'as not attacked at all and now it looks as if e' will not get 'te 'ance!"

Drifblim reeled from the blow before twisting his body to dodge what would be the final blow. In passing came the triple calm mind boosted Shadow Ball slamming right into the opponent.

"My Arceus! 'e won!" the announcer shouted as the crowd exploded into cheering.

"Go Bridgette!" Azucena shouted as Henrietta clung to her arm, timid now that she was surrounded by so many people.

"Ey're just counting down until your battle. Be ready to go up." The stylist said now that Helena was properly clothed for the occasion.

The arena was the top of the tree, and with Loki at her side she could make the jump in a single bound.

"Ready?"

"Zam."

The Balibar Theme began to play. Loki teleported both of them to the top of the tree and then she stepped out toward the arena.

The lights, the cheering, it had all gone away. Spotlights fells upon her and her opponent. The shimmers of her dress sparkling brightly in the spotlight.

"We have a special presentation for you all!" sounded the voice of a new announcer. This time the Unovan was perfect. Kalosian subtitles fell upon the large monitors.

Helena's curled hair felt in the way but she didn't move it, didn't attempt to tuck any of it back.

"A trainer endorsed by Lord Balibar himself! Helena Redgrave of Unovan decent! For the first time in history see what she brings to the table!"

Loki had a choker with the mega stone in it. At first Helena had intended to use her other Pokemon but now showing off a second Mega felt like the best option. Her aura had recovered enough that she wouldn't be straining herself to perform the bond.

She took her spot in the trainer box as Loki took his place in the center of the arena, teleporting as the lights went up and the announcer quieted, handing the stage over formally to the gym leader.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:53 pm
Anistar City Hotel - Suite 19D

Two men in suits stood outside of the room. Everything from the immaculateness of their clothing and hair to their posture spoke of nobility. One of them, the smaller of the two, knocked upon the door to Benedict's room and then they waited for him to answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Benedict had had a hell of an 18th birthday party. Well, a hell of a day after his 18th birthday party. His head was foggy mostly from fatigue, nobody here had had anything like alcohol. That was on purpose, of course. Ben didn't want to take advantage of people, he just wanted to have fun. The four people left in the bed after he'd gotten up had repositioned themselves for comfort by the time he was getting ready for the day.

Hotel's kitchen was shite, so he'd have to figure out food from delivery probably. For the five of them. The knock on the door wasn't expected, he hadn't called anyone or gotten anyone else's orders, but he answered it anyway. Caution was all well and good, but one shriek would have witnesses to whatever happened.

The two fancy-fellows were a surprise to see at his door. At least, openly. So not one of those horses. "Hey," Ben yawned, "you didn't happen to bring brunch for five, or well seven, did you?"  

Klarp Glornharm

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:42 am
((Holy s**t. Benedict is to getting laid what Robby Tobb was to eating rofl ))

Shalour City Pokémon Center

Zack listened to what the two investigators had to say, hoping that Mia had picked up his call and could record everything that was said. If Agent Looker tried anything, he wanted it documented, but so far everything seemed above board. He doubted a Court plant would have everything so out in the open.

His eyes lingered on Allard, and felt no shortage of guilt where he was concerned. What startled him more was just how many trainers were listed here. Unless Looker stopped him, he'd slide the photographs around to see the faces of trainers past. Some of the photographs looked old, with fashions changing from each one Zack looked at. Some were even in black and white. How long had Kalosians been protecting their league? It looked like decades, maybe since its inception.

'Dude, you would not be showing me this if I were just some normal civilian,' Zack said, dropping one of the pictures back on the pile. 'My take is that it's a ******** up way to rig a competition. Question is, why bother? What's so bad about a commoner winning the league?'

Zack had been about as close to a professional trainer as you could be without officially taking part in the industry. To him, the league was a glorified d**k measuring contest. Popular, sure. Lucrative, definitely. But when the league was hosted by other countries, anyone could win. Why were the Kalosians so determined to only allow nobles to win theirs?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:20 am
((Half the Nurse Joy's and Officer Jenny's are up there))

"Rigged, that is something we cannot say for sure that the league is-"

"Looks rigged to me," the Detective said candidly, much to Looker's professional chagrin. The Pikachu watched Zack's eyes wander, making a mental note of which pictures they lingered on. "Status quo, kid. If someone is on top for a long time, they forget what it's like to fall. So they don't wanna leave. Simple as that."

"If we were to assume this, it is a dangerous theory." Looker ran a hand through his hair, then rubbed his brow. Recently he had gained some wrinkles on his face, and they showed more when he was at work. "It would be safe to assume that whoever or whatever is causing these disappearances and dropouts does not work alone. Too large, that is what this scope is for just one person."

"Our jurisdiction is international. But if we poke around too much, we get tangled in red tape. Maybe even forced to drop the case. That's why we wish to be discreet." The Detective reached behind his shoulder and pulled out a cigar alongside an old fashioned lighter. "Looker has experience with international mysteries, and I was chosen for my discretion." He puffed a smoke ring out of the cigar. "People don't expect a Pokémon to work directly for Interpol ghaaaaaACK!"

"We can't bring backup on this case without stronger evidence. One hand tied behind our backs. That is how we're forced to work here," Looker explained as the Detective wheezed.

The two of them shared a glance, then the Detective gave Looker a slight sideways nod in Zack's direction. "Mr. Redgrave, the reason we're asking you about this is because your sister may become a target...and because our sources say you've become involved with Kalosian individuals who may be affected by this as well. We want to emphasize, you are not in trouble-"
"YET"
"-and we want to make sure that if you do consult with us, you receive protections if possible. Limited, that is what our resources are. We would not ask you for help otherwise."

He pushed the photos slightly closer to Zack. "Is there anything you can tell us that may be of help? Even if it doesn't seem important, it may be...do you recognize anyone in these photos?"  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:58 am
So they were basically here to kick some nests and see what crawled out. Zack was afraid that these Interpol agents had enough weight behind them to be a threat, but from the sounds of things they weren't s**t. They were desperate. He tried not to give away his thoughts as he looked through the photographs, but discretion wasn't necessarily one of Zack's gifts. Still, his eyes lingered on Allard and Moze's photographs. There were a couple more that resembled trainers he'd encountered during his prior travels; he tended to make a note of anyone actually decent, which was rare. And his heart sank at one more.

It was the trainer card-style photograph of a dark-skinned trainer around Zack's age, round ears sticking out like trophy handles. Franklin Keller. His best friend from the academy, and the owner of a mean hook that sent Zack flying just before the Route 9 fiasco. Zack swallowed, and did his best to hide his horror, bringing his hand to his mouth to rub his chin like he was struggling to choose food at an all-you-can-eat.

'Yeah, him,' he said, pointing to Moze's picture. During the bond with Salieri, Zack felt like Moze was his brother, that he was on a mission to get revenge for his sake, with all the pain that followed. Now, it was just another face, but one whose significance wasn't lost. 'And him,' he added as he pointed to Allard's photograph.

'Not personally. Zack said, standing up to signal that this was coming to an end. He slung his backpack over his shoulder. 'Talk to Esme Moreau at the library in Lumiose. Maybe you guys can compare notes. Just don't let any of this s**t splash back on her.'

He was about to turn and leave before adding. 'And uh, don't say that I told you about her.'  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:44 pm
"Esme Moreau," Looker repeated, jotting down the name and place in his notepad. He stood up after Zack while the Detective gathered the photos. "She knows one or more of these people, yes? I hope she'll be as cooperative as you have been."

"Preferably more," the Detective grunted.

"I'll do my best to remain discreet. Rest assured, your current level of cooperation will remain anonymous. I shall not let it get back to Esme Moreau or your modeling career."

Looker handed Zack a business card. "My contact information. For if you find more information. We may be in touch. Thank you, Mr. Redgrave."

The Detective hopped onto Looker's shoulder. "Pleasure doin' business, kid. Make sure to watch your 6."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:14 pm

"You're being endorsed." The taller man said as he ignored Benedict's question.

The shorter of them held the contract out to Ben for him to read. It was quite simple but full of legalese. The essentials were thus;
Benedict was to wear Balibar colors during gym matches and interviews - gold, silver, black. He was to have his own stylist for this, he would not be permitted to run his own social media, and he must never speak out against the nobility or Kalos. In exchange he would be rewarded one hundred thousand pokedollars a day for his daily allowance, he would get one million per badge he won, and one hundred million if he won the league on top of the prize money and his nobility.

"Lord Balibar would like to formally support the Hero of Kalos. Should you accept he would like to have you sign it today, have a gym match to introduce you to the world as his sponsor, and tomorrow evening we will have you at the estate for a dinner. You may bring one," the man peaked into the room, "or more guests. Whatever it takes to satisfy your desires."  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games