Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mr Hat
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wanna go home

Eion had (secretly) had fun on the boat ride across the spooky lake. There had been a mermaid and everything! He even met a couple boys in his own year, which would be helpful if he were still forced to stay here. Maybe Eme would realize what a terrible mistake he'd made and come collect him in the morning... But probably not. So instead of dwell, Eion tried to investigate where he could, hoping to figure out the castle fast. If nothing else, it would give him ad advantage against bullies.... While he was zoned out, he missed his name being called, though probably mostly because the lady at the front was calling for Sheldon. He debated not going, but after another call, he trudged forward. Once the whole entire room was staring at him, he felt the weird, warmish hat settle on his head. "Mister Hat, please tell them I don't belong here. I'm probably not even good enough to do magic.... please, tell them to let me go home..."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxBɪᴢᴀʀʀᴇ:
                                                                Eion has some very weird quirks. He has odd collections and habits, but his strange ways of thinking are by far the strongest. His mind works in mysterious ways, but he always seems to have something to say, if not necessarily what one would anticipate.

xxxxxIᴍᴀɢɪɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Eion tends to live in his head, as it's a world he can create without pain, sadness, or fear. Unfortunately, this leads to some clashes in reality when he's confronted with hard truths.

xxxxxAᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ:
                                                                Socially, Eion has always been incredibly awkward. Be it the choices of topic he starts or his odd replies, he's never quite mastered talking to people without seeming like a total weirdo.

xxxxxHᴜᴍʙʟᴇ:
                                                                If ever congratulated, Eion is quick to give recognition to someone else. He never likes being in the spotlight good or bad, but he's more used to criticism, which he takes and accepts.

xxxxxSᴛᴜᴅɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Eion loves learning, be it from books, TV, or other sources. He does his best to always study whatever he can get his hands on, if only to sate a natural curiosity.

xxxxxSᴇʟꜰ-Lᴏᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ:
                                                                While he's always civil and polite to everyone around him, there is one person Eion hates. Himself. After all he's been through, it's left him feeling dirty and disgusted with his own body. He can't stand people complimenting his physical form, and will often break down at serious insults to his person.

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Not good enough? On the contrary!
I see a lot of potential in you, child, creative and clever thing that you are
Let's see if we can't put that mind to good use, eh?
Hopefully you find yourself along the way

Ravenclaw!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:30 pm

The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sorting Hat
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I better get Slytherin

Aspen didn't enjoy the boat ride, but she did try for her sister's sake. Once back on solid ground, however, the girl's confidence returned tenfold, excitement taking over. She walked beside her sister into the castle, then into the giant Great Hall proper. She'd been in here before, but it wasn't the same at all. This was amazing! Despite being crushed by a bunch of other jittery eleven year olds, Aspen had to admit this was exciting. Sure, her nerves were running rampant and her nausea was back at the thought of being called to the front, but she was here! She was about to be sorted and start her schooling at Hogwarts.

When her name was called out across the room, Aspen squeezed Laurel's hand, then adopted her usual confident walk as she made her way through the crowd. Once at the front, she sent a small nod and grin over toward her dad, then sat on the uncomfortable stool. Just as she realized all eyes were on her, the room with dark with the hat covering her eyes. "Alright hat, this is how it's gonna go. You're gonna put me in Slytherin where I belong, or tomorrow, you'll be buried so far under the earth that all the magicks in the world couldn't find you. Now then, carry on."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxAᴍʙɪᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Sometimes Aspen's ambition gets the better of her, but she's always trying to be the best she can be. Her biggest competition is almost always her own self.

xxxxxIᴍᴘᴀssɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                It takes a lot to get Aspen to react beyond a slight eyebrow raise. She's not the best at showing off her emotions to anyone that isn't family, often keeping a calm, casual expression and mindset.

xxxxxAᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴏᴜs:
                                                                Almost nothing in the world can stop Aspen from seeking adventure, especially if it's right alongside her twin. She loves discovering new things and doesn't mind climbing, digging, and swimming her way to excitement.

xxxxxSᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ:
                                                                Once Aspen has a solid idea in her head, it takes a lot to sway her. She seldom changes opinions unless she decides she wants to. She can be hard-headed at the best of times, and downright aggressively protective of her thoughts at the worst.

xxxxxPᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴɪsᴛ:
                                                                Much like her father, Aspen is meticulous about her work, feeling it more important to deliver quality results. Even when top results aren't needed, Aspen has no problem working extra hard to make sure she feels she's done everything to exact specifications.

xxxxxPʀᴏᴜᴅ:
                                                                Aspen is extremely proud of herself, her family, and her heritage. She loves everything about herself and takes extra time to keep herself at her own level of ideal.

Hᴇʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ, sᴏᴀᴋɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ I ᴡᴀs ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ɪɴ
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴ' ʙᴀʀᴇꜰᴏᴏᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴍɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ sʜᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴘᴏɴʏᴛᴀɪʟ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴ', I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴛᴛᴏɴ ᴅʀᴇss ʜᴀɴɢɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀs ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ. I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ
          Pᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴇs, ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ ʟɪᴘ ɢʟᴏss. ɴᴏ ʀᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴅᴀɪsʏ, ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sᴜɴ, ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ, ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
My, my, your father's child, aren't you, then?
Well, lucky for you, we quite agree
The best place for you is certainly

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:32 pm

The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Being Sorted
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is awesome!

Maya was hyped. As soon as her feet landed in the castle proper, she wanted to sprint around and explore. Unfortunately, they had to keep with the group (which was lame!) and follow the teacher. After only a few minutes of searching, they found the Great Hall. According to her mum's instruction, Maya tilted her head back, gasping softly when she saw the night sky twinkling above them. But that couldn't be, could it? With them being inside and all.... had she missed a big section of the castle with a glass roof? Her thoughts were drawn back by the commencement of the ceremony, to which she paid rapt attention. She didn't want any chance of missing her name, after all!

After what felt like absolutely forever, Maya heard her own name. A bright, overpowering grin set upon her face as the girl practically sprinted to the front. Once there, she took a proud pose upon the little stool, squeaking softly when the hat fell upon her head. "This is super cool! All I want is to please be put in my daddy's house. I'm gonna be just like him, see, so it only makes sense!" She grinned, hoping she was placed where she wanted to go.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxAᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴏᴜs:
                                                                Maya is always down to explore, her curiosity propelling her to seek out new thrills and drama. Unfortunately, she's adventurous in every sort of way, so expect her to ask probing questions that, on occasion, seem a little overly invasive.

xxxxxAᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Maya's got an abundant supply of energy that never seems to wane. She's always got something to do and never wants to sit still.

xxxxxSᴀssʏ:
                                                                No matter what is said, Maya's always quick to remark with some sassy comeback. She doesn't mind who she's sassing, as long as she can manage to avoid trouble.... though her smart mouth has been known to land her in hot water before.

xxxxxBʀᴀᴠᴇ:
                                                                Whether it's facing the big, spooky spider in the corner or trying to fly upside down, it takes a lot to scare Maya. She's always willing to try something new and rarely has reservations in doing so.

xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ:
                                                                Despite her rather reckless personality, Maya's got her mom's wicked smarts. Of course, she's usually using her smarts to systematically skirt rules without outright breaking them. That way, she can't technically get in trouble... or... that's the plan anyway.

xxxxxTᴀʟᴋᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                If ever there's a time Maya's not running around, she's probably talking someone's ear off. Luckily, she's usually got friendly topics, but if you get her set off on quidditch you'd better be in for a long, one-sided conversation. Unfortunately, no one's quite figured out how to stop her crazy rants.

Eᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴏx ᴍᴇ ɪɴ, sᴜꜰꜰᴏᴄᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪᴛ ʟᴏᴄᴋs ᴍᴇ ɪɴ
          Pᴀɪɴᴛɪɴ' ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄʀᴏᴘ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ ʙᴇɢɪɴs
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀᴅ, I ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟɪɴᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴅᴇꜰɪɴᴇᴅ
          I ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ꜰʟʏ, I ᴀᴍ ʟᴇᴠɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, I ʀᴇᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
          I ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄɪsᴍ ʟᴏᴜᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ʜᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ
          Sᴏ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜰᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴀʀᴇ
          I ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡɪɴ, ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴǫᴜᴇʀ, ᴛᴏ ᴛʜʀɪᴠᴇ! I ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡɪɴ, ᴛᴏ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ, ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏsᴘᴇʀ, ᴛᴏ ʀɪsᴇ!

Just like him? Oh, no, my dear
You'll be just like you, which is far better
And he'll be quite proud, I'm sure
Still, yes, you'll be right at home in

Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:34 pm

The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

first year || Unsorted || pureblood

Wren gazed skywards at the Great Hall, wondering if the spells making the ceiling looking like starlit sky were the same as the ones that made the walls of the master bathroom at home look like a beach. Ah. No more hot tub. he remembered with a pang of...disappointment? Nostalgia? No more fixing old books with Grandmoo. Wren shrugged off the thoughts and went back to glancing around. Nothing for it. He just have to deal with...whatever school showers and entertainment entailed.

If one good thing came out of having his goody two-shoes cousins regale their Hogwarts experiences to him that summer, it was that Wren walked into the Great Hall without really worrying—or caring —what house he would be sorted in. No matter how the sortings fell, he could just spend all his time with Moira, maybe Asbjorn-- whatever houses they were in-- or alone. Somewhere away from August-Nosy-Overachiever-Li would be convenient, but Wren would manage wherever he went. So generally, he zoned out, looking over the quiet exchanges at each table. There looked to be some kind of bickering going on at Gryffindor table, and someone who seemed asleep already in Hufflepuff. Sonora and August seemed to be...taking notes, one on post-it and the other in a memo book, and greeting each new addition to their house. Nerds. Suck ups. Wren whispered a few noticed things to Moira or As before they left, but mostly he thought people looked uninteresting.

Maybe. Wren just wanted to get this over with. Hopefully there was steak. And chilled cranberry juice or grape cider. And chocolate pudding for dessert. In contrast to his apathy, Dunce watched the Sorting with ears perked forward. She flicked her tail sometimes in apparent impatience, but kept careful attention, as though she were the one awaiting Sorting. Finally:

”Winchester, Wren”

Wren strode forward and took his seat. Dunce, sitting on his lap, peered up at the Hat with narrowed eyes and mewed very softly, but didn’t try to swipe it. He didn’t bother addressing the Hat himself. If it was a competent Sorting device, it’d sort through the thoughts already there anyways.

setting Great Hall, Sorting 2046 || with Friends....first years.....fewer first years.
wearing uniform, not even crumpled || status dinner

CRAFTY In both senses of the word-- Wren has always liked tinkering with things. From model blocks to muggle electronics, he likes has a fascination for the inner workings of things-- machines, magic, minds. When it comes to machines and magic, he studies, rebuilds and designs; when it comes to minds, he'll push them one way or another, amusing himself with how people react. His creative ideas and schemes though, often remain unenacted--he doesn't trust other people with correctly bringing his vision of things to fruition.

WRY Wren tends to be very sarcastic with his comments and can be very critical when he's trying to get someone off his back. He doesn’t mince words or offer false promises though, and hates it when people try to hide their meanings behind fake kindness. He does though, genuinely appreciate a good joke or amusing scenarios.

MISTRUSTFUL Wren puts up a façade of cold and apathetic that stems from thinking people are either incompetent or in it for themselves. Even though his elders are generous and philanthropic, Wren himself has only observed that people take and take and never give back.

DETAILED Wren fancies himself a connoisseur of good food and generally more discerning than the average person. In the food case, he’s actually just picky. But he does direct his attention to detail to his own work and pays careful attention around him.

LAZY If unprompted, Wren would always be doing his own thing, which sometimes is working hard on some restorative art or engineering project, sometimes just sitting there judging people. He had a lot of freedom in most of his childhood and is adverse to anything that interferes with his preferred routines. He is quite content to puzzle things through and do his assigned work, but generally cannot be bothered to do anything he doesn't see as meaningful or interesting. In these cases, Wren has zero qualms with manipulating or convincing other people to do things for him--as long as they aren't incompetent.

PRACTICAL Wren doesn't waste time with what things should or might be. There is what is, and what he can do about it--or really, what he can convince other people to do about it--and there's little purpose in considering all the things that aren't. Things will never be perfect. He'll make it work.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot

Well well, but aren't we hard to impress?
I suppose I'll make this quick then

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:36 pm

The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image
ᗰOᗰᗰY, ᗯᕼᗩT ᗪOEᔕ ᕼYᑭEᖇ ᗰEᗩᑎ?
TEᗩᑕᕼEᖇ ᔕᗩYᔕ I'ᒪᒪ ᑎEᐯEᖇ ᖇEᗩᗪ
ᔕᕼE ᔕᗩYᔕ I ᑎEEᗪ TO TᗩKE ᗩ ᑭIᒪᒪ
ᔕO I ᑕᗩᑎ ᒪEᗩᖇᑎ TO ᔕIT ᖇEᗩᒪ ᔕTIᒪᒪ

Jass was so excited! He had absolutely no idea how he was containing himself right now. He could hear the roar of the crowd behind the big doors but he was definitely in awe once they entered the great hall! The candles are floating! The ceiling was the sky but still a ceiling! So many people in robes! He was looking around so much that he almost lost the group. He quickly caught up the couple foot difference in time for them to stop. He stood on his toes to see what was going on. Jass spied and old hat and was confused was the hat going to sort them? He didn't wait long. Blackmoor, Jasper" Oh was he the first one!? Did he miss someone going as he had looked back to the ceiling or was there no As to call? He approached the stool after squeezing past other kids and sat down on the stool. Kicking his feet a bit the hat was placed on his head. Now what? Did the hat do something that told him what house? Oh! Did it change colors or light up like some of his toys at home?! That be cool!

ADVENTUROUS Jasper loves adventure and new things. New experiences and people are his bread and butter
                                                                          DRAMATIC Jasper’s emotional state is always cranked to the max. Calm is impossible for him. As such he will laugh and cry at the drop of a hat.
                                                                          CRUDE What's that smell? Not sure but it probably came from Jasper. He's not one to hold back belches or other body sounds
                                                                          CLEVER Jasper picks up on learning very well once he's taught. He recalls information needed to pass tests with ease
                                                                          SELF-ASSURED Jasper is confident he is awesome, no one can tell him otherwise.
                                                                          CLINGY Jasper has great need for social interaction. Be it positive or negative he hates to be alone.

ᗩT ᒪEᗩᔕT TᕼᗩT'ᔕ ᗯᕼᗩT ᗰY TEᗩᑕᕼEᖇ ᔕᗩIᗪ
                                                                          ᗩᒪᒪ TᕼE OTᕼEᖇ KIᗪᔕ TᗩKE TᕼEᗰ;
                                                                          I TᕼIᑎK I ᗩᗰ TᕼE OᑎᒪY OᑎE
                                                                          I ᑎEEᗪ ᔕOᗰETᕼIᑎG TO ᔕᒪOᗯ ᗰE ᗪOᗯᑎ
                                                                          I TᗩᒪK TOO ᗰᑌᑕᕼ 'ᑕᗩᑌᔕE I ᗩᗰ ᗪᑌᗰᗷ

null

Enthusiastic, aren't we? How lovely
Now then, let's see what to do with you, eh?
Excitable, with a good sense of humor and adventure
Yes, you're a perfect fit for

Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:39 pm

The Sorting Hat

Rawwry
User Image

User Image

h e r e x w e x a r e , x b o r n x t o x b e x k i n g s - - -
u n s o r t e d x f i r s t x y e a r
s o r t i n g x c e r e m o n y x
h a t x a n d x d e p u t y x h e a d m i s t r e s s
w h a t x n o w

Gideon stood next to his sister as he patiently waited for his name to be called. He knew he would be called up first, "G" was before "R". He cast a sideways glance at his sister, who was grinding her teeth nervously. 'She'll be fine,' He thought to himself. He turned his attention back toward the hat that would be deciding his future. Gideon squinted at the old thing, finding it hard to believe something like a hat could just read your mind and know where you belonged. But he was sure he would find out, after all they had just called his name out! Gideon made his way up to the stool and sat down, smoothing out his robes as he did so. When the hat was placed upon his head he whispered, "Hullo, Mr. Hat. It's a pleasure to meet you."

RESERVED Gideon is very quiet, and contrary to his sister, will keep his mouth shut until he feels the need to step in or say something, which is hardly ever. He keeps to himself and only ever really talks to his family.
PERCEPTIVE Gideon has a knack for noticing when things are off, whether it be a change in someone’s mood or simply remembering where a lost item was placed, Gideon can usually find it.
PROTECTIVE Family is very important to Gideon, particularly his sister. He will go to great ends to protect them, even if that means getting into trouble in order to pull Rhiannon out of it. This protectiveness extends to close friends, as he figures it’s safer for him to go with rather than let them get into trouble on their own.
SELFLESS Gideon is not prideful, just knowing his accomplishments is good enough for him, he doesn’t feel the desire to be showered with praise. He’s fine just helping to help.
STEADFAST Gideon is very sure and firm. He is firm in his beliefs and knows what he trusts. He trusts his opinion and his own knowledge and once he decides something, it is not easy to change his mind.
GENTLE Gideon is what one would call a “gentle giant”, though he isn’t all that giant. He believes it is much easier to dissolve tensions by talking calmly to each other rather than getting angry and yelling. He tends to go for the path of least resistance.

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ f l y x t h e x m o o n x a n d x r e a c h x f o r x t h e x s t a r s x w i t h x m y x s w o r d x a n d x h e a d x h e l d x h i g h ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

And you as well, child, I do appreciate good manners
Now, let's see... A good, true heart, I see in you
Kind and caring, yes, you'll do well in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:41 pm

The Sorting Hat

Rawwry
User Image

User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
u n s o r t e d x f i r s t x y e a r
s o r t i n g x c e r e m o n y x
s o r t i n g x h a t x a n d x d e p u t y x h e a d m i s t r e s s
w h a t x n o w

Rhiannon fiddled with a strand of hair as she waited, she felt very, very out of place, almost like she had felt when her family had been bombarded with paparazzi following her parents' decision to get a divorce. She moved closer to her brother, aiming to calm herself down. Rhiannon took a deep breath as she turned her face toward the ceiling, taking in the sight of the night sky. Her mouth dropped open as she stared, watching the stars twinkle. It was beautiful! She reached for her brother's sleeve, "Hey, Gideon, look," Rhiannon whispered. Though, her brother's sleeve wasn't there, she looked down and realized her brother had already been called up, "Oh," she murmured, her cheeks flushing red. Her eyes snapped back to the sorting hat as she watched her brother be sorted. And then her name was called. Rhiannon moved forward and sat on the stool, wringing her hands together as the hat was placed on her head. She looked up at the hat as it shifted on its own. 'Hello...' Rhiannon thought to it, her mother had said it could read thoughts after all!

CLEVER Rhiannon is quick-witted and excels in school, whether it is muggle subjects or magical, she is able to figure out most problems she comes across, which boosts her ego just a bit (or, more accurately, quite a bit).
CYNICAL Rhiannon has always had a darker outlook on life, and is much more likely than her brother to express her concerns, or point out the flaws in someone else’s idea as she believes her ideas are likely better and more thought out than anyone else’s.
ORGANIZED Lists, patterns and systems are Rhiannon’s bread and butter. Organization eases most anxieties that she has, although when the balance is thrown out of whack, by change or just a missed step, Rhiannon gets nervous and anxious until she can put everything back in order.
INSECURE Although she would never admit it, Rhiannon takes most things to heart. Though, her mother is not in the limelight much anymore, when she was younger, the focus was on her, making Rhiannon acutely aware of what was being said about her and her brother, and the words have always stayed with her.
IMPULSIVE Rhiannon has a tendency to speak out of turn, even when she doesn’t really mean to. Jokes - or insults - just burst out of her mouth without much control over it.
PROUD Rhiannon is outwardly confident and does her best not to let on to the fact that she is insecure. She is proud of her academic prowess as well as her family, despite the fact that her mother was not very popular any more.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

My, what a contradiction we are, my dear
So concerned with what others think, and yet self-assured of your worth?
And a quick mind and eye for detail, clever and sharp
I'd like to see what you put that mind to in

Ravenclaw!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:42 pm

The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image
                                              ╔═════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Muggleborn
                                              ╚═════════════════════════╝

Hailey walked up onto the platform when her name was called. This was it. She was getting sorted. The first year looked out over the crowd of her classmates, hoping she'd be in the same house as at least a couple of the kids she had already made friends with. However, that was up to the hat to decide rather than for her to choose. So, she sat down and waited for the hat to make its call.

HARDWORKING Hailey puts her all into the work she does. One reason may be as she is pretty obsessed with being perfect and only wants to produce perfect work and get perfect grades.
                                              CHEERFUL Hailey is typically pretty happy although she is not very easy going. However, if her life is relatively organized and in control, she finds reasons to be joyful.
                                              CIRCUMSPECT Hailey is far from being a risk taker. In fact, she is the complete opposite. The reason she is so unwilling to take risks is because she likes to think of a plan that will get her the results she wants, and if she is not 100% sure that she'd be able to accomplish something, she would not be very willing to try.
                                              INTENSE When Hailey has a plan, she becomes extremely controlling to try and make things go her way. Similarly, if she has a strong opinion on a subject, she would go to the ends of the earth to not only defend the opinion, but also try to make any opposing parties see from her point of view.
                                              ASSERTIVE If Hailey wants or needs something, she will make sure to ask for it. When she does so, she attempts to show herself as confident and self-assured.
                                              UNCHARITABLE Hailey does not consider the feelings of others if they stand in the way of what is best for her and her selfish needs. Some may find her unkind, especially upon meeting, and she has been told she has RBF by other girls her age. Not only that, but Hailey does not volunteer to help others unless there is something in it for her.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Two, four, six, eight!
                                              Who do we appreciate?

So careful and determined, calculated in every move
Yes, I think you're a good fit for

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm

The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
Her dirty paws and furry coat
She ran down the forest slope
The forest of talking trees
They used to sing about the birds and the bees
The bees had declared a war

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

UNSORTED │ HALFBREED │ FIRST YEAR

Laurel didn't really care much about the Sorting, truth be told. The whole thing seemed pretty stupid to her. All it did was pit everyone against each other. She didn't need a 'school family'. She had a real family. But on the plus side, at least she didn't care where went. Sure, her father was Slytherin's Head of House, but she didn't really think he'd be upset with her if she was sorted somewhere else. She knew Aspen wanted to be in Slytherin, and it'd be nice to be with her twin, but it wasn't like they'd never see each other again if they weren't, either. When her name was called after Aspen's, she approached the Hat with an impassive stare that only wavered when she smiled briefly at her father at the head table. Then she was sitting on the stool, waiting for the Hat. She couldn't believe they still used a hat. It probably smelled really weird and musty by now.

OOC:
CURIOUS
xxx»» Laurel is an inherently curious person who is not one to hold back when it comes to asking questions about the world around her and the people she meets. While it would help if she had more tact, she can come across as nosy or demanding when it comes time to play 20 Questions with new people. Deep down, she doesn't have any malicious intentions and is just a naturally curious and inquisitive person who enjoys learning new things.

RATIONAL
xxx»» Laurel is a very rational and logical person. While people might assume the child of a wood nymph would be a bit more 'alternative' in terms of things like say, tarot readings or auras, Laurel prefers to 'stick to the facts'. She's not a superstitious or gullible person, and doesn't like to make assumptions or jump to conclusions. Her rational attitude towards life helps her keep her cool in a crisis.

IMPULSIVE
xxx»» Despite her preference for logic, Laurel can still be very impulsive. She tends to be very sure of herself, often believing she has come to the correct and rational conclusion, but doesn't tend to share that with others, which can seem like not looking before she leaps (although she will always insist a mere glance was enough). Laurel is a very quick witted person, but doesn't always grasp that you shouldn't say something just because it's true.

INSENSITIVE
xxx»» Laurel is often very tactless and blunt. While she doesn't set out to hurt other people's feelings, she also doesn't beat herself up if an inadvertent comment really offends or upsets someone, unless they are a close friend. She thinks she should be able to comment on whatever she likes so long as she's being honest, and her commentary is often not very forgiving. That said, you can count on her to never sugarcoat or lie to you.

RELAXED
xxx»» Laurel's demeanor is generally very casual and relaxed, unless she is excited by something in particular. She is not one for formality in manners or in appearance, and generally doesn't bother to trip over herself to be super polite. This tends to annoy authority figures in particular, although she's generally not rude right off the bat either. Most of the time, Laurel just doesn't get what all the fuss is about.

STUBBORN
xxx»» Laurel is incredibly stubborn. While not incapable of admitting when she was wrong, she can be very slow to concede defeat in a battle of wills, and tends to dig her heels in and stonewall people who would try to intimidate or cow her. She's not one to get flustered or embarrassed, and is generally a fairly shameless individual who would rather do things her way or the highway than change who she is and how she behaves for the sake of others.

The sky wasn't big enough for them all
The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
So for a while things were cold
They were scared down in their holes

Amazing, how many children worry about my smell
At least you're not accusing me of having lice
We do have magic for these things, you know
Now, then, what to do with you? Clever girl, I think you'll do well in

Ravenclaw!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:47 pm

The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
User Image Yukon Knolle User Image
Unsorted First Year

▬▬"Potatoes have Skin. I have Skin."▬▬

Yukon after riding the boat with a few first years already knew he liked Jass and Eion, maybe Hogwarts wouldn't be so bad. He would have to be sure ot include that when he wrote his siblings after the feast, maybe then they wouldn't be so nervous in a few years when they came. He waited patiently for his name to come up, glad that at least they didn't call by first name alphabetically, that would take forever. Finally, when it was his turn Yukon went to be sorted. He sat down and twisted his hands, he wasn't nervous, he would be able to fit in with any house, he would make it work. He just really hoped his common room wasn't in a tower, that was too far from the ground to properly enjoy sleeping. "So, Mr. Sorting Hat, where do I belong?" This next decision would be the next thing written to his siblings, they would be excited for him too.

LAZY In general, Yukon would prefer to just stay on the couch all day, lazing around. If someone else offers to do something for him, he will gratefully agree. It’s not that he can’t do it, sometimes others could just do it better.
OBSERVANT Yukon is known to be observant and notice the finer details at every level. He sees a lot that’s going on, his parents often joke that he has eyes everywhere.
VERSATILE makes himself work in any situation, even if it’s an odd one, can easily compliment with another person (like a side dish, goes with anything)
MUSHY Yukon is very emotional, particularly toward things that are just adorable (Valentines Days, Weddings, He loves love)
SWEET Yukon is a sweet person, wanting to help people as much as he can. He doesn’t want to turn anyone away if he can help it. He is hearty, being warm and welcoming to anyone who happens to come his way.
PATIENT Yukon has learned to be patient, maybe it was from waiting a few months for the potatoes to be just right, maybe it was from his siblings, but he tends to be calm and can wait it out.

▬▬"Therefore, I must be a potato."▬▬

Where & Who: Sorting Feast, the first years
Thinking about: Hat, just put me where I belong
Wearing: Hogwarts Robes

Quote:

Quote:

I must admit, I'm not sure I've seen a child so concerned
With the proximity of his sleeping quarters to the ground, of all things
But, not to worry, I'm happy to oblige you, dear boy

Huflfepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 pm

The Sorting Hat

shinesnowillusion
User Image

User Image

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Location | Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony
Company | Other students and professors
Feeling | Anxious
Thoughts | It'll be okay. Just stay calm

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

XXXXXXXXXXDuring the transition to the Great Hall, Hera lost Rhiannon. She thought they were having a great conversation, but she'd see her at some point. She was sure they would have first year classes together and meet each other in the halls or if they were sorted together. Once she entered, she looked around, examining the other others and faculty as well as the floating candles that she thought was pretty cool. Alphabetical order, huh? Well she probably would be called up soon. Hera then tried to shake off her anxiety and kept her head up, ready for her name to be called. Once it was, she approached the spot, sat down and waited for the hat to call out her house.

AMIBITIOUS Hera has one main goal and that is to be an Auror and will not take failure as a final result. To be better than her siblings is something she strives to do and will achieve it.
DISCIPLINED Whether it's a diet, classes, studying or just exercises, Hera will set a goal and if she does not meet it, there are consequences or rewards depending on the results.
RESOURCEFUL Wanting to be an Auror seems to have a good bit of hurdles, but Hera's problem solving can get her to that point. Give her a second and she will figure out a couple ways or loop holes.
PROTECTIVE Once she has acquired some excellent friends, she tries to stay close to them and protect them as much as she can.
INSECURE Sometimes Hera feels like she isn't good enough and will let her anxiety trigger those feelings. Even when she is trying her best, it gets in the way and she tries to hide it. She wants her classmates, other houses, professors and who else is watching her that she is a confident young lady and will be a perfect candidate for whatever she applies for.
ALERT When walking into a room or area she is not familiar with, she makes sure to examine her surroundings. This includes classmates and objects. She's dealing with magic and anything could possibly happen.

What an impressive thing you are!
With a single-minded focus, a determination to reach your goals
Yes, for you, it's definitely

Slytherin!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 pm

The Sorting Hat

Cold Doubt
User ImageElias Oleander Locke━━━━━━━
First Year - Unsorted ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

"Locke, Elias"

Oh God, here we go. Eli sifted his way through the crowd of unsorted first-years towards the slightly menacing Sorting Hat. He remembered the words of his father:

"Now this is not an exact science, but the Sorting Hat makes it's decision on your house not based on traits that you possess, but what you value. Your mother valued confidence and bravery. I valued intelligence and knowledge. What do you think you value, Elias?"

Eli never was able to answer his father right out, but that question had been in his mind since the moment he arrived at the castle. He took his steps up to receive his destiny, and found his answer:

He wanted to be good at everything he did. He wanted to be on top; he wanted to be #1. He wanted power.

He let out a small grin. He began to take solace as he sat and the Hat was brought towards him. He chose to have faith that the Hat will make the right decision, and he'll work his way to be the best wherever he went from there.

He closed his eyes as he felt the hat placed on his head.

EMPATHETIC
Elias often feels conflicted about his own compassion. Truthfully, he's a softie when it comes to his peers, but he's not a truly a fan about it. When it comes down the wire, Elias has been known to consider the selfish route before ultimately succumbing to doing what would be better for those he cares about. 

STRAIGHTFORWARD
Elias has never been afraid to level with someone in any discussion. He finds it quite efficient to be brief and get to the point, so much that almost any conversation over 10 minutes starts to feel like a waste of his time. Why can't everyone else just say what needs to be said so we can all move on? Patience is not a strong suit for this one. 

INSTINCTIVE
Elias was taught by his father to go with his gut. Second thoughts cause too much panic and doubt, as his father always told him. Make one move, and make it quick. Elias, being as young as he is, incorrectly took this to mean that it doesn't matter if it's the right decision, as long as it's the quick decision. With luck and guidance, though, that might change. 

HONEST
Eli can count the number of times he's lied on one hand, and has found that in each occasion, nothing good has come of it. It does solve short-term issues, but all around just makes things worse in the long run. Now as far as a long-run, Eli's a bit too young to see the big picture, but can see that life is pretty simple if you just say what you mean, and mean what you say. 

ENTITLED 
Eli takes pride in his pureblood status. Wizarding world, born and raised! Understanding there's more to a person than just their race, he also understands that in today's world, purebloods tend to have more favor in their corner, and his empathy isn't exactly strong enough to push him to want to change that either. 

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Power, hm? I'm not so sure
Is that really what you want, or is that what you've been told you ought to?
They can be very different things, and pursuing the wrong one can be dangerous
I think you need to find yourself
And generally, the place for that is

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:00 pm

The Sorting Hat

Yukina101
What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me?
What are you wondering? What do you know?
Why aren't you scared of me? Why do you care for me?
When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

Uᥒsortᥱd Fιrst Yᥱᥲr Pᥙrᥱbᥣood Rᥲgᥒok

✱✲❃ Cas rather enjoyed the trip over the lake with his newest companions and even managed to keep a firm grip on his slightly unreliable toad not only over the lake but even up to the castle. Seeing Hogwarts for the first time made him rethink all the stories he'd begged his parents for and had felt that none did them justice to the real thing. He stood in line like he was supposed to (trying to scope over and around the other first years to see what they would be doing) and was both relieved and highly disappointed it was only a hat. Still though, when his name was called it felt like he might've had a relative of Rags suddenly in his throat but still he went and sat on the stool and awaited his judgement. A tatty hat was far better than a stuffy prudish ugly angel anyhow.

■ CURIOUS Cas is forever asking questions about anything that remotely catches his eye, which on a normal day is everything.
■ DRAMATIC Good is amazing and bad is horrendous, there is no in between or median range for him and he's not shy about letting everyone know why.
■ ARGUMENTATIVE Riding the coattails of his dramatics and curious nature, Cas will argue or suspend belief about anything until he gets an answer that makes sense (to him) or is exactly what he thinks it should be.
■ WHIMSICAL Cas is playfully mischievous and enjoys getting into stuff he probably shouldn't and even playing pranks here or there. Nothing malicious, he genuinely just enjoys making other people laugh.
■ INDEPENDENT Even before his siblings were born, Cas was used to being alone and learning to entertain himself and take care whenever his parents were perpetually busy. Once his younger siblings were born, he still did so, but he also had the added responsibility of making sure they didn't die on his watch.
■ PROUD He doesn't like to boast, but he knows his own capabilities and he's not ashamed of them. He knows he's smart so he sometimes shows it off a bit more than he should and more than occasionally becomes smug if someone doesn't follow.
Quote:

Come here
Say it, spit it out, what is it exactly
You're payin'? Is the amount cleanin' you out, am I satisfactory?
Today, I'm thinkin' about the things that are deadly
The way I'm drinkin' you down
Like I wanna drown, like I wanna end me

Only a hat? And tatty? It never fails, does it?
I'm much more than a tatty hat, boy
I know you better than you know you
And I do believe I know the perfect place for you

Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Yukina101
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

Unsorted Fırst YeαrPurebloodLucч

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ Nasim ooo'd and ahh'd with the rest of the first years enjoying her first real sight of Hogwarts (the books just don't do it justice!) and was eagerly awaiting her sorting. Hearing a singing hat was actually the second weirdest thing that had happened to her that day. Or third. Honestly after the first few hours in the twin's presence she was sure she either missed or ignored something that might've happened. It was a long trip, sue her! As her last name was fairly early in the alphabet, she luckily didn't have to wait too long before her name was called and she could sit upon the stool and watched the hall fade from view. All she really hoped for was that the hat didn't get stuck or anything.

◊ OUTSPOKEN Nasim has no trouble speaking her mind, sometimes loudly, or saying what she believes should be on other people's minds. This has of course gotten her into trouble but it hasn't really bothered her.
    ◊ HELPFUL She loves helping others be it problems big or small and is always the first to volunteer for any endeavor.
    ◊ VIBRANT She's a very bright and energetic child who likes to try and share her brightness and energy with the world.
    ◊ FICKLE Nasim was used to picking up and abandoning a new would-be hobby or skill at random and then deciding that after a few weeks, maybe a month, possibly a year that she just didn't want to do it any longer and would quickly move on.
    ◊ RESPONSIBLE Despite her sometimes lackadaisical approach, Nasim takes care and responsibility for all she decides to do or work with and is the first to clean up or correct a mistake.
    ◊ SINCERE Nasim doesn't like lying and tries to avoid it if she can. She also doesn't see the point in being mean for no reason when being nice is so easy.
    Quote:

Let me take you down
    'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
    Nothing is real
    And nothing to get hung about
    Strawberry Fields forever

Only the second or third weirdest?
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a complaint
Now then, let's see what to do with you...
Ah, yes, for you it'll be

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm

The Sorting Hat

Trickblues
User Image
User Image
Got a secret, can you keep it?
Swear, this one you'll save
Better lock it in your pocket, takin' this one to the grave

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
September 1, 2046 Great Hall With: Students and Faculty
Wearing: School Robes Status: "What shall it be?"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Moira had grown pretty frustrated with the day by the time the first years made it to the castle. First, she couldn’t find Wren. Then she lost Wren, and found Nimbus. Then Wren found both of them, Nim took off in a huff, and then she lost both of them again. Honestly dealing with people was simply impossible and Moira had quite enough of it for one day, not bothering to put forth the effort to talk to anyone on the boats. If only she had Rosie to keep her company…

When she had caught up to Wren, he had been standing with another boy—Asbjorn, was it?—but Moira hadn’t been that interested in making conversation, far more intrigued by the candles, the ceiling, and of course the sorting hat itself. ‘Father hadn’t mentioned any of this…’ She wondered if he neglected to tell her so she could be surprised. Well, if that was his plan, it was certainly successful. Moira had been aware of magic ever since she was taken to Wool’s, but she had never seen anything like this before. ‘Lovely,’ She thought, taking a moment to gaze at the starry sky above. ‘Just lovely.’

“Payne, Moira”

Moira snapped to attention as her name was called. “Seems this is farewell again, then.” She whispered to Wren as she stepped to the front. She took her seat—posture straight, ankles crossed, hands on her lap as her mother had coached her many times before—and stared ahead as the hat was placed upon her. The room became dark, and Moira concluded the hat may have been a bit big on her. ‘Good evening, Monsieur,’ She thought to herself, unsure whether the hat really read the students’ thoughts, but not wishing to be rude to the headgear that controlled her fate. ‘It’s strange, isn’t it? No matter how often I asked the cards or Grandmother’s crystal ball, I could never see where I might be sorted. So, tell me, what is my fate? I’ve been so curious these past years.’

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WHIMSICAL Moira is the type of person that prefers to play to the beat of her own drum, so to speak. She can sometimes be unpredictable in her actions, often making her choices simply by how she’s feeling on a particular day. She also has been said to have a flare for dramatics.

INSIGHTFUL People-watching has always been a beloved pastime for Moira. She’s always been interested in the psychology of human behavior and as such, she has learned to get a pretty decent read on people and their emotional wellbeing through their speech mannerisms and body language. A useful skill for problem-solving, but mostly she likes to just play guessing games with others and watch their expressions when she manages to guess what they’re feeling accurately enough to strike a nerve. As a seer she is fully aware she will never know everything, but it’s fun when she can fool people into thinking she might.

MORBID Moira’s classmates in primary school often avoided her due to her fascination with the macabre. Having been raised in a funeral home, she finds a certain beauty in death just as one would with life. Why is dying such a big deal, anyway? It’s all part of the great cycle. It probably didn’t help her case that she was so fond of the tarot and spiders, either. She was quick to gain a reputation as “creepy” amongst her peers, which was perfectly fine with her--if judging her was what made them feel better about their dull little lives, so be it.

IMPISH Like her birth mother, Moira has been known to have a hell of a malicious streak. She enjoys toying with people and sometimes likes to cause trouble just to see what happens. If she feels she's been betrayed, she will set out to get even.

MANIPULATIVE Moira likes to get her way, one way or another. She’s not above resorting to trickery to get want she wants. Although she prefers to maintain a reputation for honesty and refuses to resort to blatant lies, she doesn’t see a problem with twisting the truth a little if it means she can get someone to do something for her benefit.

POISED A calm and collected sort, Moira takes pride in having a strong hold over her emotions. She was brought up by her mother to maintain a ladylike disposition--to be polite, dignified, and confident in her actions. As a child she of course has moments where her emotions get the best of her, but she makes a point to keep those moments of weakness private and behind closed doors.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

If I show you, then I know you won't tell what I said
'Cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

Perhaps you ought to've looked inwards, rather than out
You're quite clever, you'd've probably figured it out
I think it's quite obvious you belong in

Slytherin!
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games