Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:40 pm
User Image

The boats glided smoothly through the water until they reached the far shore. The castle grew in size and those in the boats could see the stone structure illuminated in the moonlight. The trip was uneventful, save for maybe a couple of tentacles from the Giant Squid coming up to greet the new first years of the school.

((After finishing the trip, please post here and wait for further instructions.))

Summer II

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Deviled Dregs

RedEagleEye007

Semper Leo

Xistund

The Shiny Furret

Caithre

Apocalyptic Crown

nivupuchii

pie poodie

murruelecreuset

oyehh

The Forgotten Weasley

-X Duo Yiro X-

shabatha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:03 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
First Years

With : Each Other... First Years

User ImageUser Image
Sure enough Minako was right. Not surprising coming from the most intelligent one in their group. Alana for one was happy her Asian friend was right. The four girls looked over as Callum Murdoch addressed the group of first years. Kimberly didn’t know how she felt about him. Though since she couldn’t really judge someone she had yet to meet she figured she’d keep Candace close to her. Candace couldn’t wait she practically jumped up and down in excitement.

Before they could get going however it appeared another girl in their year was having a problem. “What’s her problem?” Kimberly asked with a raised eye brow. She probably would have folded her arms had she not been holding Candace’s hand. “I’m not sure.” Minako commented her own brain was trying to figure it out. “Perhaps she’s just bothered by something…” Alana suggested. Even she was bothered by things like crowds. “I hope she’s alright.” Candace added genuinely concerned for the girl. Hopefully she’d be alright. Course until things were solved they weren’t going anywhere.

- - - - - - -

Luckily things didn’t take too long and they were able to head to the lake. “Look at that lake!” Candace said as they approached before pulling Kimberly along. “What’s so exciting about it…? It’s a lake. It probably has creepy critters in it or something.” She commented rolling her eyes. “Don’t be silly Kimi.” Candace smiled before looking back at Alana and Minako. “Hurry up you two!” She called to them. Minako looked from Candace and Kimberly before looking to Alana. “Come on. Don’t want them to leave without us.” Minako said taking her friends hand. “No we don’t.” Alana agreed following her friend to the others.

Getting into a boat Kimberly got in first in order to help Candace into the boat. The blonde almost tipped the boat over in excitement. “Take it easy Ace. We don’t want to go swimming…” Kimberly told her as she tried to steady the boat. “Sorry…” Candace said as the boat stopped rocking. Once everything was stable Alana got in followed by Minako. Ultimately Kimberly ended up with the lantern which wasn’t happy about but wasn’t going to let Alana take it from her. Luckily they all got to enough the view as they boats began to move.

(Exit to The Boathouse)

Alana ~ Status : Happy... Slightly Overwhelmed... Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Excited to get to Hogwarts Theme ~ Attire
Kimbery ~ Status : Annoyed... Getting excited... Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Happy / Excited Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:09 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Black Lake
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFirst Years
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι coυld вe м e a n , ι coυld вe a n g r y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ т н o υ g н т yoυ were тнere тo g υ ι d e мe xxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ were only ι n м y w a y xxxxxx
                                                          yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceOnce it seemed like the first years were all accounted for, Cal began leading them to the lake. He stopped at the shore, doing a quick headcount to make sure he hadn't lost anyone on the way. "Alright, everyone, listen up! We'll be taking the boats across the lake to the school. Each boat seats four students, and someone will have to hold the lantern. Be careful boarding, and no fooling around. I don't want to see any nonsense, and I don't think any of you want to land a detention before you even make it to the school." Knowing that there were probably at least one or two students, who'd fancy just that, Cal narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms before continuing. "Any students who think it would be funny or somehow impressive to accomplish such a task, I advise you re-evaluate your priorities. Carefully." Alright, so it paid to be intimidating sometimes. He found that, generally, he didn't have to make outright threats; his face and posture did it for him. He was pretty sure that anything the students could think of as far as a punishment would be far more severe than anything he'd actually hand out; he'd heard from his daughter a few of the ridiculous things she'd heard students gossiping about professors handing out as punishments. Where kids got these ideas, he'd never know, especially since some of them bordered on torture.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι coυld вe c o l d , ι coυld вe r υ т н l e ѕ ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx on мy o w n , 'caυѕe ι can'т т a ĸ e lιvιng w ι т н y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'м a l o n e , ѕo ι won'т тυrn oυт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          First years should all follow Callum!
                                                          Next post will be at the Black Lake

Hjoyc14

Diamond Wales

Newsies Boy

kiska166

Aleesa Groveshade

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Genji Gincosu

TheRealKiru

Negative J3T

kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 pm
User Image

"We got lots of cool technology like cellphones and computers, which can be like magic, but this magic seems cooler" she replied as they followed the teacher. They approached a big lake and she could see what was possibly the castle. "Oooo boats I've only been on one once when we had a vacation a few years ago but that one had a motor." She said momentarily unsure how the boat moved then she realized duh magic! She hopped in a boat with her new friend, hopefully the first of many.

TheRealKiru

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:05 am
User Image
User Image

Hikaru mostly stayed to himself, he was too nervous to pursue a conversation. He followed the group carefully and didn't pay too much mind to who he was with. He respond if someone chatted with him but he was thinking of what house he could end up in and honestly he had no true preference. Yea he might fit into some better than others but that was about it. The sorting hat had been doing this forever so he would have to trust it's judgement. He took notice of a blonde girl across from him that he had been accidently starting at. He had been more zoned out but happen to be looking at her. "Oh! Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to stare, I-I'm just nervous." He said making it sound like an understatement. Hopefully he didn't seem too weird, hate for one of his first interactions to me straight up awkward. Not a great way to start school.

JasmineKiwiFire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:38 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLakeshore - Boats
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDris
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExhausted
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ωнєи ѕнє ωαѕ נ υ ѕ т α g ι я ℓ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕнє є χ ρ є ¢ т є ∂ тнє ω σ я ℓ ∂ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт fℓєω α ω α у fяσм нєя я є α ¢ н xxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ѕнє яαи α ω α у ιи нєя ѕ ℓ є є ρ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys was not generally one to deliberate long and hard on much of anything. If it was necessary, she'd give something careful thought. But, more often than not, she tended to trust her gut. Aunt Anthea always said that people needed to listen to themselves to find the truth, and for Chrys, that meant trusting her instincts. And her instincts told her that Dris Abrams was going to be her friend. After all, what wasn't to like about a kid who'd ended up covered in paint on the way to the school? "I'm sure one of the professors can help you remove them in the meantime," she told him helpfully. "I'm not sure how soon we'll learn spells like that, or how difficult they are... I don't really like to clean." At this, she made a face. "My younger brother's the clean one. He likes to follow our mother and Miss Regina and Miss Delilah around the house and pick up after everyone."

spaceHer expression grew thoughtful as they were led to the lake, thinking on what she'd been told about the school and the sorting process. Her father believed in his children being prepared for everything, so there was little in the way of secrets regarding the evening. The only thing not certain was her house. "Do you have other friends?" she asked him, looking around. "We need two more for a boat. If you will ride with me, of course. Which, you don't have to, if you have three other friends." She pursed her lips, expression slightly bothered by the notion. She'd only made the one friend, after all. "I don't have any friends yet. Well, I have friends. Or, a friend? But he's not going to be here until next year. And I met a boy at Diagon but he's older." She didn't bother mentioning her siblings; that they were her best friends went without saying, and obviously she was older than them and they weren't here. She really hoped that Dris would want to ride across the lake with her, though she supposed having to find someone else to ride with wouldn't be too bad... provided everyone else wasn't already paired up, anyway.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ѕтιℓℓ ℓуιиg υ и ∂ є я и є α т н тнє ѕтσяму ѕ к ι є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx ѕнє ѕαι∂, σ н ι киσω тнє ѕ υ и ιѕ ѕєт тσ я ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:10 am
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

Unsorted || First Year || Mood: Content || Thinking: Here we are.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vavara walked alongside Jillian as the two made their way into a boat along with the others traveling in their large group of students. While not appearing as the most reliable source of transportation to the castle, it would still have to make due. Holding the lantern for the people in her boat, she tried her best to look away from the water as the watercraft rocked back and forth as they were brought further out of the shore. "What's a cellphone and what is a computer?" She asked her friend, a curious looked in her eye could be found if one were to gaze into them while their light source flickered in its cage.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:52 am
User Image

"Well a cellphone lets you talk to anyone, if you have thier special number." Jillian said thinking on how to explain it "A computer can do almost they same but also with word plus it can help you find information." She said. These things where normal to her but not so much for Vavara. It was vise versa for her what Vavara forund normal was new and weird for Jillian. "You can even buy stuff and have it sent to you with a computer."

TheRealKiru

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:38 am
User ImageUser Image

Ⓤⓝⓢⓞⓡⓣⓔⓓ Ⓕⓘⓡⓢⓣ Ⓨⓔⓐⓡ

Dris was more than excited to have someone in his own grade to talk to. All his other friends so far were in other grades, which made him a bit sad. He wanted to spend all the time in the world with his friends, but since they were all in different grades, he wasn't able to be in class with them all. After mentioning the cleaning spell his parents used, Chrys promptly said there was probably a professor that could do the spell for him. She said it might be complex magic, so there was no guess as to when they'd learn the spell itself. "It might be... but oh! I can write my daddies and then they'll tell me the name of the spell so then I can go to the library and research it! Or I can even find out just when we're gonna learn the spell!" He grinned, looking at her. She didn't like to clean and honestly, neither did he. He would clean to help his family, but he also took it upon himself to be messy at every turn. "You have a little brother? I've always wanted one, but I have a little sister and I love her quite a lot! She's cleaner than I am, but not super-dee-duper clean either." He nodded, thinking a bit on how much he already missed Laili.... and his dads... and James and Lyre... and their new little baby.

As the teacher man started the journey to the lake, Dris followed along, looking around at the scene as he walked. Milo had been super secretive about the whole sorting process, but Skylar had given him fair warning. Honestly, Dris wasn't sure if he preferred the mystery or not. When Chrys asked about other friends, Dris looked a bit baffled until she clarified about the boats. "I do, but none of them are here! I've got Skylar and Clara a year up, and my friend Chance will be here next year. So for now, we can get a boat and maybe someone else will hop in with us!" He grinned as he lead Chrys to the boat nearby. With a grin, he offered his hand, knowing he ought to be polite.
"After you, Chrys!"

Cara MiaKitty

Iɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴀɴ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ
Iɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ's ɴɪɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ɴɪɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴢᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ
Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ sᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ
Wнeɴ ιт'ѕ ɴιɴe ιɴ тнe αғтerɴooɴ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:02 am
If you listen just right, you can almost hear it;
The symphony of secrecy, life, and fear...
The search for love, but finding fear-
Like a moth to the flame we become helpless,
To the beautiful ghost that true love sheds.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ first year │ unsorted

Lydia had walked down to the lake with the other first years in complete silence; the lake itself was not too much of a surprise, given the fact that Esther had mentioned the boat ride. Liddie's concern was that the little boats did not look terribly sturdy, they were supposed to cram four people inside each, and the lake looked rather sinister. She was a very good swimmer, having grown up in an seaside town, but who knew what was lurking in those pitch black depths. All sorts of monstrous fish, probably. Maybe even eels. What if she fell out and was dragged down by something? At least the man in charge seemed like he'd be very angry if he caught anyone fooling around. Wrapping her arms around her midsection, Lydia nervously surveyed her options. Two brunette girls in one boats, who seemed to be friendly with one another, an even more nervous looking Asian boy and a blonde girl, and a girl with bright pink hair and a blond boy covered in paint. Liddie liked pink, but she didn't think children were allowed to dye their hair like that, and if they were, it probably meant their parents were awful people who had no business raising children. Her parents didn't even approve of adults dying their hair! Or having tattoos, or piercings anywhere but their earlobes... Her mum always avoided the clerk at the greengrocer's with the cherry red highlights. And she really wasn't supposed to be talking with boys at all.... She turned to the two dark-haired girls, who at least looked normal, and warily approached. "Can I sit with you?" Lydia forced the words out, and struggled to smile at the two. The short haired one was explaining what a mobile and a computer were to the long haired one. How did she not know? Liddie was barely allowed to use the one computer they had at home, and she certainly wasn't allowed to have her own phone, but she at least knew what they were. No matter what the kids at school had said about her family being 'church freaks'. "I'm Lydia," she added after a moment. "Lydia Spencer."

OOC:
((Kiru, just to let you know, if you're quoting someone just keep it in a spoiler))
Kungfudemoness

TheRealKiru

We all are running our very own races,
Set upon the most dangerous of places.
We are left with a void in our chests we're aching to fill...
The doves come to gather our every need; they lift them up-
To Heaven through the mouths from which we speak.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Kungfudemoness

Put Name here

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Thinking: Go away nerves /With: Unknown /Wearing: Unsorted First Year

"That's alright, it happens to the most of us." Lauretta told the first year boy to who apologised to her. "I'm Lauretta Reddington," She smiled as the eleven year old introduce herself to the boy. She was happy to have someone to talk to her finally. "Would you like to ride in a boat with me?" She asked nervously to him. She was nervous but happy to hopefully make a new friend. Lauretta wanted the sorting to hurry up to start and finish so she could finally eat. She wondered who else will talk to her and what to be friends with her.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:29 pm
User Image
User Image
With: Lauretta
Mood: Not as nervous now
Thinking: phew I wasn’t awkward

“I'm Hikaru” He replied relieved he wasn't too awkward “yea lets ride together.” He ended up being the one with the lantern. It was kinda heavy but it came with a pole that he resting against the inside and his leg and held onto the pole with both his hands. “Did you have a certain house you wanted in? I’m not sure myself. I kind of the one breaking any family tradition. I actually the first of my family to go to Hogwarts. Everyone else in my family, even my parents went to a different school.” He said attempting conversation. She also seemed a bit nervous so Hikaru felt better knowing he wasn't the only one that was unsure.

JasmineKiwiFire

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Kungfudemoness

Put Name here

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Thinking: Go away nerves /With: Unknown /Wearing: Unsorted First Year

"Nice to meet you Hikaru." The blonde smiled at him. She was glad she made a friend on her first day. "I have no preference of the house I would like to be sorted into." She told him. "I am the last one to go to Hogwarts, my mother was a Hufflepuff and my sister was in Slytherin." She explained. Lauretta's nerves was still kicking in because she doesn't want to be sorted into Slytherin as she knows that she will not fit into there trait. Lauretta was happy that she ha someone to ride the boat with her up to the castle.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:09 pm
User Image
User Image
With: Lauretta
Mood: Not as nervous now
Thinking: hopefully I'm not too nervous

"My parents are cool with whatever I get but I likely fit some better than others" Hikaru replied. He had read up on how his first day should go. He had done so to avoid being nervous. But so much for that plan he wasn't panicing so that was good right?

JasmineKiwiFire

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games