Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:31 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

Unsorted || First Year || Mood: Curious || Thinking: Here we are.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Listening to Jillian describe the objects of her world was fascinating, at least in her position. Having grown up in a world of magic with the latest piece of technology being something akin to a pen, such devices were nothing but fantasies to young Vavara. The way her friend spoke about them made her feel pretty behind on the times. While the wizarding world did seem old fashioned, it did have a unqiue charm to it, the wizard aspect being ignored for the sake of the example. She nodded several times, thinking back on the computer and the cellphone and beginning to make connections based on the similar functions of what she had grown up with. "Ah. So the cell phone just your type of carrier owl, and then the computer is just something you used instead of writing on parchment? Fascinating." She adjusted her position while holding onto the boat's light source before another girl possibly in her first year spoke up about joining their vessel. "You may if Jilly isn't against the idea." Vavara answered. She wouldn't mind another person to speak with during the trip. After her answer, she introduced herself as Lydia Spencer. She pushed back some of her auburn hair from her field of vision and smiled at Lydia. "Vavara Hawkthorne. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lydia. Are you muggle born as well?" She didn't notice it, but Vavara had accidentally called Jillian by a term that she may or may not have been familiar with, which could make her perceive it as an insult. With all the muggles she might be knowing, it felt odd that she had yet to interact with all those fancy gadgets and such that their world held. Have been sheltered most of her life, Vavara hadn't seen a lick of that world. Even in the wizarding world, she still had a tough time talking to people as it was. Hopefully with this semester, it would all change.

Kungfudemoness

The Forgotten Weasly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:20 pm
User Image
With: Vavara and Lydia
Mood: EXCITED!!
Thinking:I wonder if they will have sweet potatoes….

"Yea totally sit with us Lydia. We can have a boat party!" Jillian said tapping the seat the girl could sit on. "My name is Jillian, but I usually just go by Jilly. We were chatting about how different stuff we grew up with is." She was admitting hyper right now. Excitement usually made her high energy. She was going to ask if she was like her no prior magic knowledge or was the other group of magic all the time but Vavara beat her to it.

(Sorry if it double notified you fixed a big error my spell check missed.)

TheRealKiru

The Forgotten Weasly

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:30 am
If you listen just right, you can almost hear it;
The symphony of secrecy, life, and fear...
The search for love, but finding fear-
Like a moth to the flame we become helpless,
To the beautiful ghost that true love sheds.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ first year │ unsorted

Lydia had heard some odd names in her eleven years; some of her parents' friends had children named Bartholomew and Mordecai but she had never heard of 'Vavara'. The other girl had to be Jilly, then, and introduced herself as such. Liddie tensed at the term 'muggleborn', which sounded vaguely familiar. What was that supposed to mean? She wasn't dull, she knew that it meant 'born of muggle', she just wasn't too clear on what a 'muggle' was. "I'm not- my family isn't- they're all normal people except for my older sister, if that's what you mean." She struggled to not sound terribly defensive, and completely left herself out of the 'not normal' category. She was different from Esther. Essie liked being a witch. Lydia cautiously sat down in the boat, hands on the sides to steady it. That had to mean Jilly was 'muggleborn', as well. Thank God. Someone she had something in common with. "How did your- your parents were alright with you coming here?" she asked the short-haired girl, keeping a slightly wary eye on Vavara, who spoke oddly, had an odd name, and was thus going to be viewed as a potential danger until she proved otherwise.

OOC:
((You both forgot the 'e' at the end of 'Weasley', so I'm not getting your quotes))
Kungfudemoness

TheRealKiru

We all are running our very own races,
Set upon the most dangerous of places.
We are left with a void in our chests we're aching to fill...
The doves come to gather our every need; they lift them up-
To Heaven through the mouths from which we speak.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anna Adair
Unsorted Hogwarts Student

Anna followed the group of first years and Julius to the Black Lake. She looked up at the night time sky and the stars. If it weren't for having a schedule that had to be kept that night, she would just stare at them all night. She wondered if any other first years thought the same thing."Hey Julius, do you ever take time out and look at the stars? I do as it feels like an escape, but also makes me realize just how small we really are."Anna smiled as she saw the boats and heard about somebody having to hold the lantern."I volunteer Julius to hold the lantern!!!"She said with a light laugh.

OOC:

=Text
=Speech
=Thoughts

murruelecreuset

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:32 am
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

Unsorted || First Year || Mood: Curious || Thinking: Here we are.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lydia's reaction to her question only made Vavara slightly more hesitant to talk with the two. While she stammered through her response, the girl holding the lantern to the boat exhaled in frustration at her headstrong act. Whether or not she knew what a muggle was, was a whole different question. "Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I was just curious." She furrowed her brows at the situation, wondering if she had offended the girl any while Lydia asked Jillian about whether or not her parents were alright with her attending the school. Her thoughts trailed back to whether or not her parents were coping well with the absence of her back at home. They were a small family, and one less person present in the household for an extended period of time made the house feel off-putting. Focusing back on the two talking, Vavara had managed to build up some amount of courage and ask a follow up question to the one she had just asked Lydia previously. Judging by her reaction to the first one, the odd girl somewhat felt she had offended the newcomer to the group. "Are you two are aware what muggles are?" Vavara suddenly asked, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible. She could explain what exactly she was asking Lydia, show that she wasn't trying to be aggressive towards her and then go back to enjoying a peaceful boat ride.

(( Sorry! ^^ ))

Kungfudemoness

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:35 pm
User Image
With: Vavara and Lydia
Mood: EXCITED but also concerned
Thinking:I wonder if they will have sweet potatoes….

"Yea they were totally cool with it. They said if I'm all special and magical then I should go to school for it. I'll miss them this year but it be ok we can be friends so we're not lonely! Even if we all get differant houses!" Jillian said thoughtfully. Vavara asked if they knew what the term Muggle meant. "Yea a boy on the train told me it meant non magic people like my mom and dad."

(Derp!

did it work on editing?)
TheRealKiru

The Forgotten Weasley

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Kungfudemoness

Put Name here

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Thinking: Go away nerves /With: Unknown /Wearing: Unsorted First Year

"So would my sister be happy with whatever house I get sorted into." Lauretta said as she didn't want to mention her parents are dead and that her sister is her legal guardian. Lauretta nerves was slowly going away as she was around people her age. She made a friend today she was happy. "What subjects are you looking forward to?" The blonde asked the boy. She sat there also wondering who else would join the two in the boat before they have the shore to go over the lake then to the castle to be sorted. She looked up at the night sky thinking about her parents she knew they was watching over her and would be proud of her for coming here.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:22 pm
User Image
User Image
With: Loretta
Mood: nervous but relaxing
Thinking: maybe we will be in the same house?

“I always enjoyed reading history book so I’m likely to enjoy history of magic and I help my mom cook all the time so I should be good with potions too” He said thinking as two other kids joined them. They had been engaged in a conversation themselves so Hikaru didn't but in to say hi. “I have a bit of a leg up on flying My dad showed me and we do mock two person Quidditch matches. So maybe when I can I might see if I can tryout. What about you?” He was happy he seemed to start out well and make a friend. He had been worried he be friendless his first year but he lucked out and ended up staring toward the right person.

JasmineKiwiFire

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:47 pm
If you listen just right, you can almost hear it;
The symphony of secrecy, life, and fear...
The search for love, but finding fear-
Like a moth to the flame we become helpless,
To the beautiful ghost that true love sheds.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ first year │ unsorted

Lydia bit her lip, not about to let herself give a snappish retort to Vavara. What on Earth did she have to be curious about? She clearly had some idea of what was going on, whereas Liddie felt as though she were struggling to tread water. She now regretted not asking Esther more about what Hogwarts and the 'magical world' in general was like, but she'd been too afraid when Essie was away, and had had no way to contact her- apparently witches and wizards only communicated with owls. At Jilly's exuberant response she fought to maintain a polite smile- how could anyone be 'totally cool' with their daughter being a witch? She knew not all parents were like her own, of course- obviously not everyone were devout Christians who kept God close to their hearts. But she couldn't imagine any normal person simply smiling and nodding at the idea of their child being able to perform magic. Maybe Jilly was exaggerating or lying, but she didn't seem the dishonest sort- she was too cheery. Vavara asked them if they knew what muggles were, and Jilly immediately answered. "Yes," was all Liddie said, although she hadn't been completely certain- she didn't want to look stupid in front of the other girls. That didn't mean she agreed with the definition- how could her parents and brothers be muggles, but she and Essie be different? It shouldn't work that way.

OOC:
((Demoness, you're still missing the 'e' at the end.))
Kungfudemoness

TheRealKiru

We all are running our very own races,
Set upon the most dangerous of places.
We are left with a void in our chests we're aching to fill...
The doves come to gather our every need; they lift them up-
To Heaven through the mouths from which we speak.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 pm
User Image
Julius Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Family Heir

Location : Hogsmeade Station → The Lake

Julius followed the group of first years down to the lake. Spotting all the boats he looked to the grounds keeper to find out the agenda. Hearing Anna asked him if he ever took the time to look at the stars, he glanced over at her. “Not usually. Though, I’ve done so on occasion.” He answered Anna. It was true that he had done so before usually when he was readying and had view of the night sky. However, it wasn’t something he’d go out of the way to do. Never mind do it for very long.

Turning his attention to the grounds keeper, Julius listened to what they were instructed to do. Four to a boat and one of the four had to hold the lantern. Suddenly he heard Anna say that she volunteered him to hold the lantern. ‘Is she serious…?’ He thought as he nodded her light laugh. This slightly annoyed him as he liked making his own decisions. He was going to offer anyways but that wasn’t the point. For all she knew they wouldn’t be sharing a boat… Taking a breath, Julius pushed his issue with it aside. There wasn’t a point to keep it lingering.

“Sure.” Julius replied to her as he climbed into an unoccupied boat. He held his hand out to help her like the proper gentleman he was raised to be. Once Anna was in the boat with him he took hold of the lantern. While doing so he listened to a group of girls not far off. They were talking about muggles which told Julius to beware of them. It was probably best not to society with them.

Status : Here we go... Slightly annoyed...
                                                  With : Murdoch, First Years... Anna

Attire : Plain School Robes

OCC : - - -

Newsies Boy

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hjoyc14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:43 pm
User Image
User Image
Unsorted~Oldest

Dex walked along with the group of other first years looking for someone to talk to, maybe. The young wizard was beginning to feel a bit lonely, but knew that it was only the first day. He had spoken to that other first year boy back at the station, but he didn't know where he was now. He felt as though they could have been great friends. 'I hope i meet someone soon to converse with.'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 pm
User Image
User Image
Unsorted~First Year~Adopted

Dawn walk in the crowd of first years feeling like they where being moved like excited cattle. Her hands where swinging by her side as she looked around at the others in her presence. She was excited about what was to come in the next hour or so. To be sorted at the amazing school that her aunt had gone to and to maybe become a great witch. Even maybe find out who her real parents are by doing some sleuthing in the school.

Hjoyc14

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Lake
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFirst Years
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι coυld вe м e a n , ι coυld вe a n g r y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ т н o υ g н т yoυ were тнere тo g υ ι d e мe xxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ were only ι n м y w a y xxxxxx
                                                          yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceCal watched all of the first years as they made their way into the boats. Best he could tell, everyone managed to get in the boats safely. Glad to see that everyone had made it in more or less unscathed, though there had been a lot of tripping, he boarded one of the boats as well, then called out again for their attention.

space"Alright, everyone! Get settled in, we're about to move." When the first years stopped moving about so much, he settled himself in and tapped the wood of the boat he'd boarded, causing the entire fleet to begin moving slowly across the lake. "As we move, be still, be careful, and don't try any funny business. Get a good look at the castle, maybe try to see if you can see anything interesting in the lake, but do not do anything that might cause your boat to tip over or someone to fall out." This time, there was no attempt at sounding kind; he wanted the students to know better than to try anything. And he certainly didn't want anyone falling into the lake. He'd been doing well enough at the job, he didn't want to ruin it by having to show up at the Great Hall with some poor child freezing and soaked to the bones.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι coυld вe c o l d , ι coυld вe r υ т н l e ѕ ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx on мy o w n , 'caυѕe ι can'т т a ĸ e lιvιng w ι т н y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'м a l o n e , ѕo ι won'т тυrn oυт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx

Hjoyc14

Diamond Wales

Newsies Boy

kiska166

Aleesa Groveshade

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Genji Gincosu

TheRealKiru

Negative J3T

kungfudemoness

JasmineKiwiFire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:41 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBoat
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDris
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExhausted
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ωнєи ѕнє ωαѕ נ υ ѕ т α g ι я ℓ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕнє є χ ρ є ¢ т є ∂ тнє ω σ я ℓ ∂ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт fℓєω α ω α у fяσм нєя я є α ¢ н xxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ѕнє яαи α ω α у ιи нєя ѕ ℓ є є ρ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys was a little thrown off when Dris referred to 'daddies', plural. She wondered, briefly, if it was a situation like her parents. She couldn't pinpoint when exactly she'd realized that her parent's respective 'best friends' were more than their friends, but the realization had come recently enough that it still caught her off-guard sometimes. But, Miss Delilah and Miss Regina weren't her mothers. They were her father and mother's... girlfriends? Was that the word? Mistress was traditional, but she didn't feel like that was right since they weren't some big secret that was being kept. Or, she didn't think it was, anyway. Still, it'd be rude to ask Dris about it. She figured that, if they were friends, eventually there would be a point that she could ask, or it would be explained without her having to. Instead, she nodded at him. "I'm sure you could ask about it. Charms would probably be where we learn it, so ask the professor for that class, maybe."

spaceShe smiled animatedly when he asked about her brother. Chrys loved talking about her siblings, mostly because she loved them. They were the best people in the world, as far as she was concerned. [c]"And a sister!" she told him happily. "Finny, she's two years younger than me, and Sher's a year younger than her. Both of them are much neater than me. Or, well. Finny likes to do anything I'm doing, so she gets messy. But she doesn't hate cleaning up after as much as me. Sher doesn't like to get dirty at all. He usually forgets when we start having fun, but later he gets upset because there's mud on his knees or a leaf in his hair or something." Her nose crinkled in amusement. Sher was so... finicky. It was weird, but cute.

spaceShe would admit, she was somewhat relieved when the blonde boy said he didn't have any friends in their year, either. She perked up when he said the name Chance, mouth splitting into a grin as her eyes grew curious. "Oh! My friend's name is Chance, too! It's probably the same Chance, right? I mean, I think that's a sort of common name, but it'd still be pretty weird for there to just happen to be two kids named Chance starting next year, right?" Chrys hoped that Dris' friend and her friend were the same person. That'd mean they would probably get along, since Chance liked the both of them, right? Not that she didn't think they would already, but she could've been wrong. Though, Dris seemed pretty agreeable. The only thing she could hold against him so far was that he'd offered his hand to help her in the boat.

spaceAs soon as he made the gesture, she was torn between adamantly refusing on principle, and being polite to her new friend. Figuring he was just being polite to begin with, she took his hand, but frowned at him. "I appreciate the help," she began, "but I don't need it. I don't like being treated like... like some delicate glass thing. So, next time, let me just do it myself, please?" Chrys knew it wasn't anything he'd done wrong, really. He'd actually done exactly what he was supposed to do. It wasn't his fault that she didn't like being a girl. He didn't know how much being a girl sucked, after all, since he wasn't one. To emphasize her point, once she was in the boat, she held her hand out, to help him along, saying, "Fair's fair."

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ѕтιℓℓ ℓуιиg υ и ∂ є я и є α т н тнє ѕтσяму ѕ к ι є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx ѕнє ѕαι∂, σ н ι киσω тнє ѕ υ и ιѕ ѕєт тσ я ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:11 pm
User Image

The boats glided smoothly through the water until they reached the far shore. The castle grew in size and those in the boats could see the stone structure illuminated in the moonlight. The trip was uneventful, save for maybe a couple of tentacles from the Giant Squid coming up to greet the new first years of the school.

((After finishing the trip, please post here and wait for further instructions.))

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games