Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:16 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

Unsorted || First Year || Mood: Troubled || Thinking: I did it again...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vavara could tell already that she had annoyed Lydia with her questions, holding her head low and facing the lake as the boats continued their trip towards the castle. "I'm sorry, Lydia. I'll bite my tongue from here until we part ways." Slowly but surely, there were progressing to the point where they would dismount from their watercraft and march into the ancient looking building. She was as curious and ready as a dragon in a butcher's shop. What kind of sights and books did the school house within it? She was going to be on her best behavior, of course, but maybe something could happen here. At the very least, Jillian could tolerate her enough, and maybe she could patch things up with Lydia later? While Vavara did know she could be awkward and possibly snarky to those she met, she knew when to shut up and prevent herself from actually infuriating whoever was speaking with her. The two would speak about whatever they wish, with Vavara answering only when spoken to and normally in replies that were only a couple of words long. Hopefully the landing would come up soon.

(( To the Boathouse! ))

Kungfudemoness

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:55 pm
User Image
With: Vavara and Lydia and first years.
Mood: EXCITED lightly nervous
Thinking: OMG i saw a fish!

After everyone filed on the awkwardness between Lydia and Vavara, kept the boat reasonably quiet. Jillian was mostly focused on watched the water for a bit seeing a fish or two before they got closer to the castle she was distracted biy it size.

[TO DA BOATHOUZE!!!!1!!!!]

TheRealKiru

The Forgotten Weasley

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:01 pm
User Image
User Image
With: Loretta
Mood: nervous but relaxing
Thinking: maybe we will be in the same house?

They moved through the water in their tiny boat. Hikaru watched for lights in the castle to see if he could see others moving around. He didn't know the layout of the castle very well though.

[TO THE BOATHOUSE!]

JasmineKiwiFire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anna Adair
Unsorted Hogwarts Student

Anna took Julius' hand to aid herself into the boat. She smiled and then looked at the water."Look at the water, it is clear tonight. I like looking at reflections. Shows who a person really is."Anna looked back forward as the boat started to move forward. She almost fell backwards not expecting the sudden movement, but she ended up laughing lightly."How long do you think it will take before we see the school? I really am excited to see the castle."Anna sat and ran her hand against the top of the water and watched the ripples.

After a little bit, Anna saw the castle in the distance and jumped, almost falling into the water. She got lucky though that she caught herself and the boat did not tip. Her face changed to a bright red color as she felt embarrassed. There it stood, a great large beautiful castle, in which the likes she had never seen before. Maybe classes there would not be so bad after all.
"There it is, there's the castle. It's alot larger than I imagined."Anna just starred at the castle isn awe. She started to imagine all the adventures that she could have there and finally be fully immersed into the magical world. As she was looking at everything, the boats made their way to the boathouse.

OOC: Next stop for Anna, the boathouse

=Text
=Speech
=Thoughts

murruelecreuset

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:12 pm
User Image
Julius Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Family Heir

Julius looked across the water at the dark. Then he looked to the water and wondered if the rumors were true. He supposed they were. As the boats began to move, he looked to Anna. When he heard her ask how long it would take to see the school Julius hazard a guess. “I’d estimate half way but that’s just a guess…” He answered her. Finding the boat rock as the castle came into view, he glanced from the castle to Anna. Julius was just grateful that the boat hadn’t tipped over.

Hearing Anna mention the size of the castle being not what she thought it would be, Julius wondered if she knew what a castle even was. Castles as a general rule were pretty large. He looked to the towers and then to the base. The Slytherin common room was in the dungeons something he was looking forward to seeing. Before long they had made it to the boathouse.

(Exit straight to sorting...)

Status : Here we go... Slightly annoyed...
                                                  With : Murdoch, First Years... Anna

Attire : Plain School Robes

OCC : Not my best work but it gets me there...

Newsies Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:29 pm
TheRealKiru

User Image
House: Pending 1st Year Zane

Zane would get into the boat with a random stranger and stayed quiet as they made their way towards the the boathouse. He gave off strange vibes. His mood did lighten up a little as he saw a glimpse of family. Someone he felt he knew or seen before. Running a thought through his head. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad.
Ooc:

To Boat House
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.  

Noble Negative J3T

9,775 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:02 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Black Lake
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFirst Years
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι coυld вe м e a n , ι coυld вe a n g r y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ т н o υ g н т yoυ were тнere тo g υ ι d e мe xxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ were only ι n м y w a y xxxxxx
                                                          yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceOnce it seemed like the first years were all accounted for, Cal began leading them to the lake. He stopped at the shore, doing a quick headcount to make sure he hadn't lost anyone on the way. "Alright, everyone, listen up! We'll be taking the boats across the lake to the school. Each boat seats four students, and someone will have to hold the lantern. Be careful boarding, and no fooling around. I don't want to see any nonsense, and I don't think any of you want to land a detention before you even make it to the school." Knowing that there were probably at least one or two students, who'd fancy just that, Cal narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms before continuing. "Any students who think it would be funny or somehow impressive to accomplish such a task, I advise you re-evaluate your priorities. Carefully." Alright, so it paid to be intimidating sometimes. He found that, generally, he didn't have to make outright threats; his face and posture did it for him. He was pretty sure that anything the students could think of as far as a punishment would be far more severe than anything he'd actually hand out; he'd heard from his daughter a few of the ridiculous things she'd heard students gossiping about professors handing out as punishments. Where kids got these ideas, he'd never know, especially since some of them bordered on torture.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι coυld вe c o l d , ι coυld вe r υ т н l e ѕ ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx on мy o w n , 'caυѕe ι can'т т a ĸ e lιvιng w ι т н y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'м a l o n e , ѕo ι won'т тυrn oυт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          First years should all follow Callum!
                                                          Next post will be at the Black Lake

TheBadJuju

Diamond Wales

Caedmon68

Devlyn Maycry

oyehh

river rocker

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja

muruelecreuset

Summer II

Stiles

kungfudemoness

BunnyCheeks1114

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:48 am
The Forgotten Weasley
Essy ze Ninja
murruelecreuset

User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie got the impression that people tried to goof off a lot. This teacher seemed to emphasize they really needed to behave. Admittedly Charlie had thought of trying to splash his boat mates but the thought of detention on the first day was a pretty good deterrent. He wanted the first impression at least he gave to good. he found a boat for him, Myron, and Roman and chose to be the bearer of the lantern. He mostly used his legs to hold it and his hands to stabilize it. If someone else really wanted to hold it he pass it over to them. he did look around for Gertie perhaps she can be boat rider 4. Normally being able to fit all your friends on a boat would be kinda sad but seeing as he was still quite new to this magic, he was doing pretty well. Perhaps that why he didn't have too many non-magic friends, he was just better with magic people.

Ooc: if it a bad idea I moved him here plz tell me. I can fix XP

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:51 am
He's a real nowhere man,
Sitting in his nowhere land...
Making all his nowhere plans for nobody.
Doesn't have a point of view-
Knows not where he's going to-
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

User Image
ᴍʏʀᴏɴ
ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɪʀ
ʜᴀʀɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

halfblood │ first year │ unsorted

Myron stared at the lake, which looked like a sheet of black glass, and was very happy he was a good swimmer. "Well," he said in response to Roman, "I guess this is as flashy as it gets around these parts." He sat down gingerly in the boat across from Charlie, bracing his hands on the sides to make sure it wasn't about to tip them all into the shallows. "My mam says there's a giant squid," he commented thoughtfully. "I really hope it's not nocturnal." Even if it would be cool to see it; he didn't feel like dying via water monster today. And there were no oars for this boat, so he assumed they wouldn't have to do any rowing, which was a relief. He was pretty tired, and he barely cared about the sorting- he just wanted to eat and sleep.

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

Nowhere Man, please listen;
You don't know what you're missing!
Nowhere Man, the world is at your command...
He's as blind as he can be-
Just sees what he wants to see-
Nowhere Man, can you see me at all?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:57 am
You fall through the trees,
And you pray with your knees on the ground.
For the things that you need...
With your lust and your greed weighing down.
And you weaken your love,
And you hold it above your head.
Success is a song of the heart, not a song of your bed!

User Image
D O N E L L A
O L W E N
B R O W N

unsorted │ first year │ halfblood

Donella had been about to answer Rayne's question, the answer being that she didn't know, although she knew first years arrived separately at the castle, so they obviously weren't taking the carriages like the older students, when a booming voice called for first years. The massive dark-skinned man led them down a winding, rocky path to the lakefront, and the blonde girl wrapped her arms around herself in the cold, eyeing the lake warily. "The boats have to be magic; rowing them would take ages." She stepped into a nearby boat carefully, sitting down with the lantern in her lap, the glow illuminating her face. "Be careful- it's kind of slippery."

OOC:
Summer II

And we all still die, yeah, we all still die-
What will you leave behind, oh, we all still die...
Marching away from the stream;
This tree, it will die without leaves.
This tree, it will die, this tree, it will die.
And we all still die, yeah, we all still die-
What will you leave behind, oh, we all still die...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:30 am
User Image _________________

User Image

The ground was soft and muddy when they reached the lakeside, Roman crossed his arms to fight off the creeping chill. The lake looked wide and deep; he wondered how long he'd have to swim just to reach the bottom. But his thoughts were interrupted when the older man called out again, he was big, and he looked like he could be mean. Wiping away the sweat from his palms, Roman made an effort to laugh off the nervous tension. It was all for show, anyway. No one had ever gotten a detention before being sorted, that's just insane. ”Eh, probably for the best,” he shrugged. ”I mean, can't have all the fun on the first night.” And that's what Roman was really interested in, fun. But he shuffled in line as Charlie was the first to settle in the boat and held the lantern for the others to see. Myron stepped in next, careful not to offset the balance. Roman leaned over to watch his footing as he shifted from shore to boat. ”A squid, huh? Wicked. My aunt never told me that... I think she said there were merpeople though.” But the water was too dark to see through, it might as well have been an oil painting because all he could see was the night sky and his own reflection. When his stomach rolled and flipped, Roman made a funny face and frowned. ”I wonder when they'll let us use the loo.” All of this water really wasn't helping.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Fall of 2036 】 【WHERE:: Hogsmeade Station
WHAT:: Unsorted, First Year 】 【WITH WHO:: Myron and Charlie

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Kungfudemoness

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:39 am
User ImageUser Image

I can see your eyes turning blue
                                                            I can see the
                                                            weather changing you
                                                            Cold
                                                            summers one after the other
                                                            Got old fast, grew
                                                            tired of each other
                                                            Proud sleepless child,
                                                            followed her

Aine had spent the train ride alone, not even in a compartment but in the hall way, seated on the floor. She wasn't very good at making friends. She never had been. She was talkative and friendly, but she was just not good at making friends. And she missed her mums and Dot, and she was scared about being sorted and she was scared about all the scary men she would have to meet. She was scared and alone and it wasn't fun. School was supposed to be fun, but she was scared.

And now they had to go across the lake to get to the school and that was even scarier. Even now, after years of being in a happy loving home, water did scare her... quite a bit. Your father trying to drown you almost every day for years on end does that she supposed. And her mum had helped a bit with all the colorful bath bombs and pretty water toys, so now she could bathe and shower without being terrified... but a big lake full of unknown things was still rather terrifying.

Even so she took a deep breath and walked towards the boats carefully. She looked around and saw the boat with the professor person who was leading them. That seemed like the safest boat... but also he was kind of scary.. but he also kind of reminded her of her uncle... She took another deep breath and then quietly climbed onto the boat with him. She was trying to remind herself that he was like her uncle and Uncle Loki was nice and friendly and the best, and so this man was too. And the water was scarier than the man and the man would protect her from the water. And a boat with him was less likely to tip over because he wouldn't let the other children get rowdy and tip it.

Aine took a seat and glanced up at the man's face before quickly looking away, but away was really not much better since it was either the water or the bottom of the boat which only reminded her of the water. She gulped and fiddled with her pant leg.

It's getting harder to find it in me
                                                            I scab my
                                                            wounds and fall asleep
                                                            But now, but now
                                                            can be
                                                            Falling
                                                            down
                                                            Filling, filling the empty

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:47 pm
User Image

D A N I E LxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxUNSORTEDxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

To Daniel's relief, Vince replied to his question, although he looked a little uncomfortable. Daniel felt a little bad, Vince probably preferred a little silence, but then he continued, talking about his family. "That muct have been a shock," Daniel commented, "But at least you've got relatives who know about it. I know Hogwarts sends people to visit muggleborn students if they don't."

Vince then extended his hand and Daniel realised that he hadn't introduced himself at all, and Lucy's didn't actually count. He could feel the tips of his ears burn in embarrassment as he shook Vince's hand. "And I'm Daniel Jacobs, but my sister already mentioned that," he laughed sheepishly. That's one way to make a good impression Daniel. He brightened when Vince asked him about the houses; that was a question he could answer. "Lyre's right," he agreed, although he didn't know exactly Lyre was. Maybe she was the cousin's wife that Vince mentioned? "I'm not muggleborn, but my parents thought it would be better to send me to a muggle school." Daniel didn't mind going to a normal school, although he wished the people there were better. "Hogwart's got four houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, and they sort you into them based on your personality," he started, "Gryffindor's where the brave and bold sort go, Hufflepuff s for those who work hard, Ravenclaw's for people who like to learn and Slytherin's for those who are ambitious. Some people really care about what house they get into but I personally don't think it's that important, it won't affect your school work or anything."

They spent the rest of the ride talking and while Daniel had fun, he felt relieved when the train pulled into Hogsmeade; it had been a long ride. After gathering his things and stepping onto the platform, he heard a tall man calling out for first years and hurried to join him as he led them down to the lake. His heart dropped when he saw the boats—Lucy had mentioned them, but he didn't think much about it then, and it was only now that he realised that they'd have to board them. The groundskeeper confirmed his fears, and with a sigh, Daniel gingerly climbed into the boat that looked the least likely to fall apart. "Let's hope nothing decides to show up," he muttered, remembering stories about squids and merfolk soaking students. He couldn't afford to get wet, not in this weather.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe Black Lakexxxxxw i t hxxVince Masters
                                                            f e e l i n gxxtrepidationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxhis uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        Sorry this took so long 8'(
                                                        Also sorry about the station post, I don't know what happened sweatdrop

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
First Year | Pureblood | Unsorted
[ OOC ] xxx

As they followed Callum along to the Black Lake, Lillian listened to Elide as she spoke about her siblings. That kind of companionship was lost to her, but perhaps it wasn't too far off from what she imagined. As Elide said, there was a good chance the students stuck together for that long could go through a kaleidoscope of emotions with one another. Seven years would be much more tolerable with friends and acquaintances rather than annoyances. That much was for sure. This would be Lillian's first time away from her quiet life. While she had prepared for it, she barely considered the drastic changes that may occur. She both was challenged by and welcomed it.

One thing she certainly was welcome to now was crossing the Black Lake. Not only were they nearing the big ceremony, but Lillian had heard stories about the lake and all that it contained. She stuck by Elide's side to assure a seat together on the same boat. The dark waters didn't scare her, but she was careful as she tried to peer down into it's depths. Before she let her mind wander about, she reached out to grasp the lantern. It's warm glow danced across their small boat and reflected on the black water's surface. With the other boats around them, they looked like twinkling stars in the night sky.

Seven years.. It's going to be great.

Elide's words from the station repeated in her head. "Hey, ah--" Lillian wasn't quite good at this sort of stuff, but she went out on a limb nonetheless, "Even if we don't get sorted into the same house.. Let's still hang out." She cast a side glance at the girl, appreciating her reaching out and tapping her on the shoulder. Lillian wasn't a social butterfly, and friends were few and far, but it felt nice to not be experiencing this solo.

river rocker

TheBaddJuju

Gracious Wife

Summer II

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╔═══════════════════╗
r a y n e clarke
f i r s t y e a r u n s o r t e d

╚═══════════════════╝

no you don't know what its like
when nothing feels alright
you don't know what its like to be like me
to be hurt, to feel lost
to be left out in the dark

Rayne didn't like the idea of taking a rickety old boat across the lake to the castle, but it wasn't as bad as it could be, she figured. It could be a smelly urine-scented bus. Donella said the boats had to be magical and she nodded. Or maybe, pulled by a chain? "Unless they're pulled a by chain. There's no motor on them," she said, sighing. Awkwardly, she climbed into the boat and sat down across from the girl. She tucked into the robe she was wearing and huffed another sigh. This was problematic. The girl looked out over the lake and then up at the castle. At least this was better than the abusive foster father and horrible foster siblings. "What house do you think you'll get?" she asked curiously.

to be kicked when you're down
to feel like you've been pushed around
to be on the edge of breaking down
and no one there to save you
no you don't know what its like
welcome to my life

╔══════════════════╗
Out of Character: ...
╚══════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games