Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Breeding Questions & Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:36 am
I'd....almost say its an interesting idea but... at the same time It would make it hard for people I co-own with I think. < sad
Plus wouldn't it be then seen that we really have rather an unfair advantage at the same time?  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm
Colorists are people too, Sabin. They deserve chances to enter raffles just as much as anyone else does.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 pm
And also, that guarantees colourists, which IS a bit of an unfair advantage. There is already a system in place for colourist freebies, I believe. But I'm not quite sure how it works. Nerp got a breeding like that one way, Lolita/Sterling.

^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 am
It's not so much a freebie as a 'reward for hard work' that Sirenz will sometimes allow us to do (as best I understand it) But its defiantly not an 'all the time' thing.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:46 pm
Only cause I'm a little retarded, could I ask for a little bit of clarification about the entering one pair thing...

I have two co-owns Leap and Hazard, they are both ready to be in breeding raffles, my co-owners feel a bit uneasy posting and since I've gotten all the permissions I have, at the time, only been entering Leap. But if Leap were to win I would have to get my co-owner or the owner of the mare to enter? Even though I have no rights to the baskets at all unless they have three and the co-owner and owner of the mare are willing to give me one?

Just so that I know the rules and don't break them. <3 thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:05 pm
Suggestions:
Recently I've been noticing that colorist choice has been won by the same people over and over again. While I congratulate them and note that the soquili being bred are very pretty I really don't think it's fair on the rest of the people entering the raffles. In a manner of speaking it almost seems like favouritism.

Now DON'T misunderstand me, I am aware that Colourist Choice is just that...entirely up to the colourist.

However, as a personal preference I would like to either see a limit on Colourist choices e.g. An individual can only win ONE colourist choice every three months. That way it gives other people a chance and avoids accusations of favouritism.

OR

I would like to see the return of lowluck couple raffles. I haven't seen this type of raffle in a long while, it's been almost completely replaced by 'Colourist Choice' which is grossly unfair to those who have been trying for months.

While I'm aware it's entirely up to the Colourist to pick and choose their breeding types I would sooner give those with less luck the opportunity to breed a couple than the same people over and over again every single month. I don't even qualify for low luck raffles anymore as most of my bunch have had their first sets of children, but I'm bringing this up in here because no one else has.

I don't intend to start drama (so please don't) - but some sort of limitation on Colourist choice or the return of the Low Luck raffles would be desirable in my opinion. Again I understand it's a matter of preference to the coloursit (and I would like to stress this), but certain individuals nearly always win colourist choice, or that's how it looks; and that's why I'm bringing the topic up since I'm not the only one who noticed the unrest and prefer that it was brought into the open before things got catty.

n_n;

Many thanks for reading.

~Epee

EDIT
Actually now that I think about it the 'every three months' idea is a bit extreme. Maybe just limit it so that one person can only win ONE Colourist Choice per month, meaning none of their other couples are ellible for it in other colourist breeding slots.

That sounds a bit more reasonable.

Epine de Rose

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:14 pm
I too would like to see low-luck be brought back into play. So many couples have been trying for who-knows-how-long.

And i agree with the 'One per month' of colorist choice.

I was also thinking that perhaps bribed breedings should be counted in your monthly limit of two breedings?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:17 am
I agree what has been brought up about the CC slots. ^^ I'd also like to suggest that perhaps any given couple could only win a CC slot once. I could be miscounting, but it seems to me that there has been some couples that win CCs for multiple breeding in a row.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Brize

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:55 am
I strongly agree with Epine's post (and I say that as someone who isn't even close to qualifying for a low luck slot).

I don't think that the colorists would ever intentionally play favorites, and I respect their desire to draw breedings that inspire them. However, it can become very disheartening to see the same people winning CC breedings over and over while others wait for months to be blessed by the randomizer.

I think limiting CC wins to one per every couple of months would be helpful.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:33 pm
I also really like the idea of returning low-luck couples. I've seen a few that have been entered month after month, and it just doesn't seem entirely fair to them, you know?

*not eloquent in the least* xD  

Teh_Sil

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:45 pm
I strongly disagree. There are sometimes many pairs up for CC, so if the same person gets chosen, well, it's still the damn luck of the dice. Personally, I have been up for colorist's choice only a few times, but I have been in the list despite having no connections that would tend towards the implied favoritism. Princess and Flame were in the CC list many times until they were chosen by randomizer, not because of connections, but because they were a nice natural pairing that is somewhat unusual nowadays in Soquili. Tear and Disillusion were in Zoo's CC list last raffle, and again, it isn't because I'm special buddies with Zoo. In fact, I only have the barest of passing acquaintances with Zoo. Honestly, it's up to what the colorist thinks will make attractive foals, not anything else. That's why it's called Colorist's Choice. If someone has the good taste to make a pretty pair, don't punish 'em for it. It's not any more 'fair.'

God knows, sometimes the colorists get real headaches to breed together, so the CC is a very nice break from that. As for low-luck, I agree perhaps there should be a low-luck slot thrown in now and again with a bit more frequency.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:18 pm
I'm going to have to agree with Nel. CC is a treat for colorists, and I'd personally find it an honor if I was selected for it. The pairs getting chosen are always interesting and the colorist enjoys doing the breeding, which is a win situation for all. Putting a limit on who can win it or not limits the colorist's choice and punishes them AND those who make nice pairings.

Low luck I'd like to see more often also. Maybe replace one "non-rp" slot for a low luck every now and again?  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 pm
I'm personally all about aesthetics and matching colors, or just wtf crazy monsters. So like Nel said, it's a nice break sometimes for me to be able to pick a pair that I like. The whole point of the category is for colorists to pick an inspiring and/or pretty pair.

I'm going to be blunt here, since it's a bizarre complaint in the first place -- if you're at a loss as to why your pair is not winning colorist choice, my advice is to take a good hard look at your pair and ask yourself whether they really look like they go together. I'm not trying to be mean, but in the eyes of colorists it's likely they may not be an appealing couple.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 pm
Im gonna be straight forwards too. CC is like bribes, its kinda almost sorta free range for us so..

1) If you dont get CC well deal. 75% of the time usually (depending on amount of slots rofl 3/4 slots=Not CC...), the entire thing is based on luck, and honestly sometimes WE get unlucky and get pairs we're just. not. good. at. CC is a break from that art block/struggle/frustration.
+To add to this, fairness/luck argument, if you wanna be picked for CC so bad, I dunno, maybe study our patterns and find yourself with a couple that fits our fancy
+To also add, there came up a point in time when we were accused of favoritism AMONG STAFF; this is a dull and invalid accusation as we have certain privileges among staff anyways to sometimes conduct breeding trades or customs, whichever we earn from working hard.
2) A limit on CC? Its almost equivalent putting limits on what Soq breeds can be put together. (aka a mutant soquili + like a uni or some s**t I dunno >< )
3) There HAVE been low luck raffles recently. /I/ havent done one simply cause Ive forgotten to, maybe Ill do one next month? Gosh. =/

I think breedings are remarkably fair as they are.. limiting CC is redundant because nobody specifically ENTERS for CC. Id just skip a CC altogether if I was given an entire lot of pairs to pick from to be honest.  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Teh_Sil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 pm
Personally, I'm all for low-luck being every month, or at least every other. There haven't been any since July (I just backread, excuse me if I missed one). Maybe like Fatal said, in the place of one of the non-RP slots? That way the colorists aren't taking on any extra burden in their monthly pairings, and people who have bad luck at dice get their opportunity.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff