Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ktqueen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm
I have a question!

Let's say you want to custom into a set tribe/clan. You want to for instance, make your own little family in it, and maybe hold an RP contest for the rest of the family so that you're not RPing by yourself, etc.

Would you have to get permission from the tribe/clan owners n' what not for yourself, making of the SoA, the people winning the contest... etc?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:05 pm
what ever happened to the other wild dog lines? And are they possibly going to be contested out someday?  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 pm
ktqueen
I have a question!

Let's say you want to custom into a set tribe/clan. You want to for instance, make your own little family in it, and maybe hold an RP contest for the rest of the family so that you're not RPing by yourself, etc.

Would you have to get permission from the tribe/clan owners n' what not for yourself, making of the SoA, the people winning the contest... etc?

You would have to get permission from the pride leaders, yes.

It would also cost a TON of gold. 700k for the parents (350k each for adult SOA) + 500k for each cub. A simple way to do this would be to buy one adult female, get her ten RPs and have her join a pride that allows rogue breedings. You would get between 2-3 cubs (plus customs) out of that to contest off. You could also find someone in the pride willing to have cubs with your lioness, in which case you would get 2-7 cubs (plus customs).

Rogue breeding is only 15k. Breeding with another SOA is 30k (15k per parent, though sometimes one parent pays for the whole breeding).

Even if you have the gold, just paying for the whole family out of customs could take a while. Customs open about once a month and there's no gaurentee your concepts will get picked, though with November being a major customs month you might have a better chance.

Getting one SOA to breed would be easier and cheaper. Depending on how fast you finish your RPs it could also be a lot quicker than trying to buy the whole family at once.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:20 pm
Split Personality
what ever happened to the other wild dog lines? And are they possibly going to be contested out someday?

IF I remember correctly....When the unique-lines pack was disbanded, the owner chose to retire the lineart.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:25 pm
Das Tor
Split Personality

IF I remember correctly....When the unique-lines pack was disbanded, the owner chose to retire the lineart.

The pack with those lines was disbanded, and the owner of the pack chose to permanently retire the line art.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:40 am
Ah, I see :3 Understood now!  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:58 pm
Is there a higher chance for Seer Cubs if the parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) are seers?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:40 pm
Nope, they're rolled all the same.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

La Fantome de le opera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:14 am
Question!

I've missed the growth of one/more of my SoA. Is there a photobucket account that I can look through to find certs and full images?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 am
The majority of the artists use private photobuckets to host growings. You need to go through the growings thread of the colorist that colored that/those pet(s). Colorists do not save over old certs/uncerts so for the most part all the stages should still be in the thread.  

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

La Fantome de le opera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:36 am
Alright, thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:24 pm
La Fantome de le opera
Alright, thank you!

As an alternative to what Reeshie said, you can also go here, fill out the form provided and post it.

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:20 am
Okay, here's one more for the colorists - I have lions on pride art. Some of them are on the older templates of the pride art. I would love to get one transfered to the new template. Is this at all possible, even if I have to go through customs, since it's a lion that already exists?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Ok... >> I have an edited SoA. When I got him, I was informed that his edits are inheritable, but I'd have to go to Mila for the breeding. Since Mila no longer works at SoA, are my SoA's edits still inheritable?

FerretPrince

Eloquent Codger

9,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Ferret, in the Breeding/Customs subguild, there is a list of Edited SoA and which will and which could pass on their edits. Here is a quote from that list:

Quote:
This is the list of all those edited SoA that can pass on their traits for breeding purposes. When these SoAs breed, please note that they are on this list in the breeding thread. You may only go to Dark Fire Angel if you want these to pass on their traits).

So, if you want to have the possibility of passing on the edits, you'll need to wait until DFA has open breeding slots. <3333

Hope that helps!

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games