Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:19 pm
((Oh, I like that punishment... having to face your worst fear under the power of runes... I get chills just thinking about it, twisted ))

Strider laughed.

His squeaky, easy going mirth stood up to boldly face the awkwardly terrified and threatening silence, as his baby teeth showed and his tiny furred body shook.

"I guess that means she and I'll get along great."

He let his laughter slowly die and he swallowed. "Guess that means we oughta watch out fer her, huh? Scary glares I can handle, but I can't risk pissing off a woman, I gotta stay on their good side. Though that does make me wonder."

He started pacing back and forth on the table again. "I had been wondering about what sort of appearance I should try to go for. Something people can take seriously, but is it better to go for a deceptively innocent facade, or something that people will be scared into listening to? Or maybe both, with a way to usually look sweet and do no wrong, only to look like a dangerous weapon when I need to. Like at first I wanted the red eyes of the shiekah, with the hair of the silver-iron of the evil's-bane's sword, but maybe I should just have softer colors. Din's rage, this would be so much easier if I could just switch the colors when I needed to. Should I go with too handsome and sweet, or intimidating and totally awesome? Oh I can't choose!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm
((Oh... neutral Well, this will still be on for you.))  

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:03 pm

When the falcon stumbled mid-air, Lyra sighed inside and let her arm drop slightly. From the way this was going, there was only one way it could end.

"...Ow."

She knew it. The once fiercly proud falcon was now a bundle of broken feathers and clumsiness. It had crash-landed on its face, its clawed feet going every which way but the proper way, and its feathers sundered. With another sigh, this one laced with impatience and pity, Lyra bent to retrieve the bedraggled bird. Lifting it gently with her hand beneath its warm body, Lyra surveyed the damage.

"Well, it doesn't look as if you broke anything," Lyra commented casually, as if his condition was of no great importance. Her deft, slim fingers stroked Deron's feathers back into place and removed broken shafts. "But I'm sure you're just a big mass of bruises now."

While Lyra waited for Deron to respond, a prayer reached Lyra's mind.Hello, my name is Miren, and I'm asking for help. Please, mothers of power and creation, please send me a sign, a hint, please let me be able to read the map and know where I am.

The prayer sounded as if it came from the girl from earlier. Lyra's brow furrowed slightly, wondering about the strange prayer. Mothers? The girl sounded as if she did not know exactly who was the real one mother of creation, and that was Lyra. Finally, Lyra realized that Miren was not of her world. It was obvious really; the girl's strange jabber-talk, her alien presence, and her prayer all pointed toward one thing: The human was of another world.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Rietha heard no spoken reply from Miren, but when she glanced at the human girl she saw the poor thing nod. Although the girl's mysterious origins mystified and worried Rietha, she couldn't help but pity Miren's state and situation. Perhaps there was a simple explanation for all this; Rietha would gather the other village elders and discuss the mysterious girl and decide what to do then.

The frae led Miren and Refinne on the main cobbled path of the village, shops surrounding the trio to either side with the items being selled named on the front walls of the buildings with dark paint. Each building sported several windows inlaid with clear glass, allowing one to look through it if one so chose.

She led the other two up that path and turned right at a fork in the path toward a long, low-ceilinged building. It was one of few buildings with only one window and a single door; such a thing was a major fire hazard but it was one of few buildings that only admitted a few fraes at a time.

Rietha marched right up to the building and let herself in, beckoning at Miren to follow. Refinne hung back outside, looking unsure. This was a building only for adults, and never children. Rietha smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, Refinne. You know the rules."

Refinne nodded understandingly and seated herself next to the door, her back to the wall.

Smiling, Rietha shut the door softly and turned to face the interior of the building. The building was lit with several glowing glass globes on the walls of the dark room. If one looked closely, in the center of each globe was a rune that provided light. Each rune lasted approximately half the day; every twelve hours, the runes were replenished by several fraes. The light was siphoned off from the sun's light outside. At night, the globes drew light from the moon and stars and simply magnified it.

In the center of the room was a long wooden table surrounded by six matching chairs. The woodwork was beautifully done. The table and chairs were constructed out of lightly colored wood that seemed to glow slightly in the rune-created light.

Rietha led Miren toward the table and gestured toward a chair at one end of the table.

"This is usually my seat, but you may sit here while we speak with the other elders."

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:54 am
Hey, whoa, touching. Deron blinked and shook his head as he was gently lifted from his bedraggled state.

"Well, it doesn't look as if you broke anything, But I'm sure you're just a big mass of bruises now."

Ouch. He was definitely going to feel this in the morning. Watching her slim fingers, Deron surveyed her actions and twitched his head in curiosity and learning as he instinctively moved his body to allow her better reach, and him better view.
Inside he cheered. An amazingly, beyond imagination, breathtakingly gorgeous woman was cradling him, and touching him. He knew he was good, but it was not until now he realized just how truly awesome he was.

"Tanks." His feathers stood on end from a final ruffle and he looked up to her. "Is tat where we're go-"

Here, he had turned his head to the city, and promptly screamed in pain. The wings flared up and he turned his head away.

"IT BURNS!!! SWEET DOBED BERCY IT BURNS!!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 pm
Miren kept her face carefully down, avoiding any possible stares directed at her person. Unconsciously her hands tightened their grip on the fabric as she stayed close to her only connection to familiarity. If one could even call it that.

She finally looked up at the building.

What a strange place.

She could not tell where the thought came from, but something about the architecture felt off to her, though she could not identify precisely what. Her doe brown eyes darted back between Rietha and Refinne in confusion for a moment, before following inside.

Just what was this place?

It was obviously not a house. Only one table, and many chairs. Was it a dining hall? A place of festival dinners? No, why would she bring her here? Well, it did seem like a good place to talk. It reminded her of when the adults would gather and talk in the Tavern to discuss certain issues. And did these lights seem so strange? They did not seem to be a fire glow, and there wasn't the soft essence of oil. What was this place? The more she stayed, the more discontented she became.

She snapped out of her musings. That chair, toward the end of the table. She bowed slightly to Rietha.
"Thank you, but is there... maybe a skirt? O-Or something I could use for now?"

This shawl, no matter how grateful she was to it for helping to cover her, was no way to help cover her bare legs when sitting in a chair.

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:57 am
SpunkyOtaku
The lounge broke into applause as the song came to its abrupt end. Mary gave a small bow, and she indicated the fiddle player to her left, and the dark-haired man also stood to bow.

Her bright cheery smile remained as she walked off the side of the stage to join the tables again as the customers made their way back to their tables. Mary diverted her original path to the bar counter to the younger red-head she had been forced to leave from.

"I see you were enjoying yourself dancing."

"Yes, I was!" Leena said with a bright, cheery smile. "The music was great, and dancing is always a lot of fun in my opinion!" Leena hummed to the tune of the song that just ended, wishing that the song would continue. Leena peered around herself expectantly, hoping her brother was somewhere near.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:47 pm
((Okay, now I have to ask, is her brother coming, or not?))  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:58 am
((No, and I'm probably going to stop with RPing Leena if that's okay? Because the CIC is just to practice with characters, right? Not like long-term RPing? I think I have a feel for what Leena is like.

Thanks for the help~! If you don't want me to quit with it, I will be willing to continue RPing, and perhaps bring her brother in.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 am
((Well, if you feel like you have an idea of her, that'd be fine, though she wasn't with us for too long, so I wasn't sure if that was very helpful in exploring her aspects, but just do what you want.))  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:52 pm
((I have already explored other aspects of her through my random dreams. XD I just wanted to see how she would react by herself without her brother or other characters in my story.

Thanks, Otaku-chan~!))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:45 pm
((Welcome!))  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:12 am
((Have fun in the CIC~!))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:02 am

||I'm really sorry for the long absence; life has been almost hell lately. However, some of my loads are lightening up, so hopefully I'll be on more often now. I'll try to post soon!||

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:23 am
((Just post eventually!))  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]