Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Musings of a bunny on her day. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:03 am
^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:22 am
Yeah, those so called "domesticated" foxes, are not really foxes anymore. No more than a domesticated dog is a wolf.  

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:16 am
What do you call them though?

And come on, don't be so aggressive towards them..they -are- cute as the dickens.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:33 am
Diana Aries
Yeah, those so called "domesticated" foxes, are not really foxes anymore. No more than a domesticated dog is a wolf.

Well actually, no thats not true, a dog is entirely different from a tamed wolf. I shouldn't even have to explain that...That reminds me of a Jack London book...don't recall the name though, it was about a domestic wolf being released back into the wild. Well it's mother was a wolf and was born in the wild. I saw some coyotes the other day!! In MEMPHIS!! They were digging in garbage.

I dont see why anyone would have an iguana as a pet. Saying people shouldn't release their pet iguanas out in the wild is the same as saying that you shouldn't release a slave. I had actually had a pet turtle when I was younger, it was wild born, and I released it. An Iguana..is just an Igauna.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:23 pm
Isaol-the-wolf

I dont see why anyone would have an iguana as a pet. Saying people shouldn't release their pet iguanas out in the wild is the same as saying that you shouldn't release a slave. I had actually had a pet turtle when I was younger, it was wild born, and I released it. An Iguana..is just an Iguana.

If we were to take you and release you in the middle of Antarctica with no food, water, clothes, how would you fair? It isn't merely a matter of releasing but the fact people will dump them in environments they are not native too. Often times this means a slow death for the lizard. In climates tropical enough for the lizards to survive, this can result in them taking up the resources of native species, possibly threatening the native species into extinction. Simply dumping animals when you get bored of them is never the responsible answer.

As for the remark on domesticated foxes, the domestication process can take many forms. For instance most fennec foxes bred in captivity still resemble their wild kin. This is because in addition to breeding for temperament attention is paid to breeding in good healthy genetics and foxes with a proper body structure, coat, ect...

I also wouldn't call them domesticated dogs. They have many quirks that make them far from being the average pet dog. Litter training can be sketchy, they like to bury dig their food, are independent, need a specialized diet, are nocturnal, need a specialized vet, can't be so easily trusted to roam the house unsupervised, might revert to natural flight instincts if startled or distracted outside, are not blindly devoted and want attention and human interaction on their terms.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 pm
Well since I had set out to ask questions, I supposed repeating my findings wouldn't be to far away.

I don't know, its like the whole bunny thing has just amplified me. I'm finding myself alot less..cynical then normal. I'm reacting alot more positivly and friendly...people commented on this, and I don't know. It makes me feel good about myself, a little.

I've had an actual pourpose in logging on. I feel like I get on the intrawebs now with a specific goal of something I want to see or read about or do, which is different then my normal playing dwarf fortress and watching youtube videos.

I also feel..I'll say 'lonlier'.

I'm not sure if its me putting on a mask, or taking off one I wasn't as aware I was wearing, but since I've started thinking about this, and reaching out to the community, I feel very much more...comfortable? Then I can recall. It may just be runners high of course! But its filling this weird little niche in me I never noticed was there.

Or I'm nuts. I haven't worked up the guts to go to a con or meet any locals yet, but I have gone to a few other forums and things and talked to some people.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:32 pm
Pixeliciousness
Thanks Lee! You remind me of the Tenacious D lee song!

I've actually discovered a big thread for furries, as it was, seems to be sensuality and touching. Very touch oriented.

I would imagine that it would be very sensual. Really if you just softly stroke your hand along someones arm or back or face, your pretty much guranteed to get a response. I would think fur would double it for both sides, they'd get the added stimulation, and so would you.

Though, furries with the paws, wouldn't it sorta numb it some?

Depends on how sensitive a paw would be. I'm not an animal nor do I have paws, so I can't tell you how sensitive they are. True, paws have those rough pads that kinda act like the soles of shoes to protect the bottom of their feet, but I think their toes and nails have some sensitivity.

And I don't like paws on furries. Would think it would be impossible to write or type or do anything dexterous due to lack of opposable thumb on paws.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:44 pm
Pixeliciousness
Oh I'm hardly embaressed biggrin Sides even if I was, you wouldn't recognize me cause I'm cuter on gaia!

I live in central illinois, city called Springfield. Its the capitol actually, and one of the three cities the simpsons town is based on!

Springfield's where Lincoln's tomb is if I remember, I was there once a while ago.

If you had the ability to make it, Detroit's having a furry on in Troy this weekend called Furry Connection North, although it's short notice. There should be another con in Memphis later this year called Memphit.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:01 pm
Lincoln and corrupt govenors and mobsters is all illinois has, ehehe.

I kinda don't like paws but I do think I like the bigger hands a little. And maybe furries computers have really big keys.

I wanna go to a con, but at the same time, its kinda imposing to me too. I don't think I even have all the slang down! What is a murr?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 pm
No one played with my hair... D:

Pixeliciousness
Lincoln and corrupt govenors and mobsters is all illinois has, ehehe.

I kinda don't like paws but I do think I like the bigger hands a little. And maybe furries computers have really big keys.

I wanna go to a con, but at the same time, its kinda imposing to me too. I don't think I even have all the slang down! What is a murr?

I've never been to a furry con, nor to some of the other events furrys have (There's something called a furry camp that some people in MI here run, it's basically furries camping and doing stuff). I have to admit I'm a little scared to go to a con, due to some furries having social issues and not knowing boundaries (not to mention I've had gay and bi male furries be rather forward towards me, and I'm straight). But the fandom is filled with nerds and nerds tend to be socially awkward. X3

A "murr" I guess is a sound a furry makes when he's content or pleased, kinda like a "mmmmmmm" and a "purr" together.

I finally got around to reading the rest of this thread!

Pixeliciousness

I suppose my last question is an odd one. Does a furry possess but one guise, or many? Are different characters totally seperate, or intertwined? Or is there a common mix of the both? I'd rather cultivate one persona, but, if these change with mercurial whim, I'd probally be better served to be willing to change them as well, I'd think.

I know a friend of mine who moved out to the Chicago area named Wildfox who has about 4-5 personas, and fursuits for all of them. razz

Diana Aries

So if it is something that makes you uncomfortable you should let someone know right away if they get too close for comfort. On the other hand, if you enjoy getting snuggly and cuddly with people, then you are in a good place for it.

During furmeets, I've noticed this tendancy for people to scritch me, which means they scratch me on the chest or belly. It's only meant as a greeting or a means of affection, but it does bug me a little as I'm not comfortable with people touching me randomly. And then when I don't scritch back or move off, they think I'm unfriendly or hostile. I'm about as friendly as you can get, I just perfer people let me know before they hug or touch me.

But like I said, furs tend to be nerdy and socially awkward, and a little too friendly at times.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:31 pm
Oh my, large responses!

Social akwardness is a bit of it, but I'm kind of a slightly passive/submissive type most of the time, and I can get sorta steam rolled if I'm really nervous and trying to fit in.

I'm afraid I'll get a bad rep if I go before I'm readyD:

I've noticed fursona species, at least, is prone to change.

And touching usually doesn't bother me, I actually am a very touch hungry person. That said, I don't do that with strangers, or want them touching me necessarily, but I am a big giver of hugs. I like the hug, its a perfect expression.

Itching a chest would be slightly akward to me, or scratching the side of their head.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:37 pm
Continuing....

I've noticed that you're new to the fandom and made this thread to learn more.

Well, all I can say is furry is whatever you make it to be. Every fur is into the fandom in a different way and as much or as little as they want to be.

As an example, myself:

I got into the furry fandom back in the early part of this decade, 2000 or 2001. I have never "known" myself to be a furry, I never found myself excessively attracted to anthromorphic characters on cartoons (I've said "that character is cute or sexy or pretty" but never been sexually attracted to any of them). I've never really seen myself as spiritually attached to an animal like some furs are. But I do love animals and find myself having an emotional bond to them.

My entry with the fandom was through catgirls... it was while I was getting into anime. I became a huge catgirl and animal girl fan. At the time I had no idea what furries were. I eventually made a "catboy" character myself, a guy who was covered entirely in fur, had ears, paws, a tail. Basically a full furry character, but I didn't realize he was furry. I just used him to chat and roleplay and socialize online.

It wasn't until a IRL friend told me that my catboy character was furry like that I found out about the fandom. He introduced me to a large group of furries that hung out several times a month.

I think for me, the reason I'm in the fandom is for the social aspects, the ability to hang out with people who have similar interests. I've never really been into fursuiting, and the farthest I'd ever go was ears and a tail (and I'd consider bodypaint, or maybe something like a latex fursuit or a partial fursuit or something). I don't draw, but I do like some furry art. I use my furry characters to roleplay and socialize, and I do sometimes act animalish (though rarely) in person. My furry self is my alter ego. This is different than those who draw furry art, or do furry comics, or who feels they have the soul of an animal, or fursuit, or get into the furry fetishes, but we're all furries nonetheless.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:53 pm
Pixeliciousness
Oh my, large responses!

Expect more!

Pixeliciousness

I'm afraid I'll get a bad rep if I go before I'm readyD:

If you be nice and not mean, I'm sure you'd get along with everyone.

Pixeliciousness

I've noticed fursona species, at least, is prone to change.

For some people, not others.
I for instance have always been feline although I've considered wolf, fox, and even Dragon because I love dragons and think they're awesome. I know people who make hybrid species because they can't decide on a species (for instance, a fur on LJ who is a cat-dragon hybrid!). I guess people just get bored with one species or want to try different ones.

On another note, I don't know if you've noticed this, but furries tend to get a bit of a bad reputation online. The more vocal furries of the fandom tend to be the more annoying or show off the more sexual or deviant side of the fandom. I've noticed that about a lot of groups, the more vocal or visible part of a group tends to be the crazy or creepy side of the group. In the case of furries they run around showing off the wierd fetishes of the group and expect other people to understand and respect that, when those kinds of things are the stuff that usually creep others out.

It is true that furs sometimes have weird fetishes, but most of them are not much different than the fetishes that non furs have, like BDSM and bondage and scat/watersports, violence/blood (vore), slave/master, loli and shota, ect. I've seen fetishes in the furry fandom that creep me out, and fetishes outside of it that make me want to stab my eyes out. It's just those fetishes get out in the real world and make furs look bad.

Not to mention that people think that furries like to have sex with animals. Most furries are animal lovers, but a very tiny sect of furries are actually into beastality and zoophilia, and most furs like me look down upon those who have sex with animals.

I find it hard to think of it as "Sex with animals" for the simple reason that most fursonas are anthromorphs. They look almost human. You look at any fursona art, and it's going to have legs like a human, arms like a human, torso like a human, and have a few animal aspects like fur or ears or a tail. Most fursonas will just be a human with fur, ears, tail, and maybe a muzzle. A few have extra animal things like paws. Only a small few actually have fursonas that are more animal than human. Plus the fursonas have human intelligence, whereas animals don't.

But non-furs often see the worst side of the fandom, usually the sexual aspects and sexual fetishes, and often because of furs who have to show those fetishes off for the world to see expecting "understanding".

So furry's whatever you make it... you can be like me who only likes the catgirls and mostly-human-with-furearstail-anthromorphs and only wears ears and tail occasionally in public, and isn't into the weird fetishes, or you can be whatever you want to be. But if you're into the fetishes, just don't go around telling everyone. razz

Edit: gotta get going. I may be on tonite or tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:58 pm
The social aspect certinally appeals to me. I've fond furries to in general be very friendly and forward, and usually the worst response I get is being ignored.

Your story sounds simmilar to mind,s omewhat. I can remember finding some characters very cute, but I had no idea what a furry really was other then people making fun of them on the net.

I was quite at random brought into it, by own odd actions, and I've been..well, delighted with it. I feel so comfortable and its making me feel better outside of just the internet.

Do you find being a straight monogmous furry challenging? I see them complain about it sometimes.

You added more while I was commenting back! eheh.

I initially could only find slander talk. And to be certain, furries do possess a bit of kink, and a romantic/sexual streak seems to run through the fandom.

However, i didn't find this repulsive, tis actually very novel for me to think of people openly and freely discussing it!

Thanks for all of your replies though, I love so much to see sides of this.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Shaviv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 pm
Being a straight monogamous furry is not too hard. You just have to be in a heterosexual relationship with someone (otherwise "monogamous" is meaningless).

Pixeliciousness
I feel like I get on the intrawebs now with a specific goal of something I want to see or read about or do, which is different then my normal playing dwarf fortress

!!!!  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces