Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 am
The dub really isn't that bad. For the people complaining about pronunciation, that's probably because they're, you know, American and not Japanese. It happens. I mispronounce Japanese words because I'm English and the accent is different. What else do you expect? There's only so much you can do when you don't speak the language natively.

Also, for the most part I like the voices and they fit the characters well. I haven't heard any I hated yet, but I admit I haven't seen all the dubbed episodes since they've not all been aired over here yet.

Finally, the people complaining about the dub being bad? A dub can only be as good as the original it's following, and the Naruto anime really is not good. It's plagued with bad fillers, unnecessary cuts, and atrocious animation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:33 am
mofoslotmachine
The dub really isn't that bad. For the people complaining about pronunciation, that's probably because they're, you know, American and not Japanese. It happens. I mispronounce Japanese words because I'm English and the accent is different. What else do you expect? There's only so much you can do when you don't speak the language natively.

Also, for the most part I like the voices and they fit the characters well. I haven't heard any I hated yet, but I admit I haven't seen all the dubbed episodes since they've not all been aired over here yet.

Finally, the people complaining about the dub being bad? A dub can only be as good as the original it's following, and the Naruto anime really is not good. It's plagued with bad fillers, unnecessary cuts, and atrocious animation.
iawtc

Some of the voices are bad (Iruka!), but like there's only so much you can do. Shows like FLCL where everybody pronounced everything correctly had a really small cast, whereas Naruto has a huge cast to fill. Not every actor's going to be the best, and not everyone's going to pronounce stuff well.

On that note, there could be alot of bad Japanese voice actors and we wouldn't know it. It's harder to recognize flaws in the dialogue/whatev if you don't speak it all the time.

Ps - BELIEVE IT is just as annoying as DATTEBAYO, you just don't notcie it as much because A REASON I ALREADY GAVE LOL  

Captain Verd

[ juice ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:34 pm
It's only the voices, it's not that bigger deal. Firstly, it simply wouldn't be there if it wasn't in English, people who are slower at reading won't be able to keep up with the subtitles, will they? If you damn well don't like it, watch the Japanese on YouTube. I really can't understand. The voices aren't even that bad, apart from Kakashi, that's it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:30 am
i hate the american version i go with the origainal all the way

DIE "belive it" JUST DIE!!!!!  

biscuit1226

JMANA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:49 am
the american version is fine, the ONLY thing wrong with it is Naruto's "catch phrase"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:49 am
Captain Verd
mofoslotmachine

iawtc

Some of the voices are bad (Iruka!), but like there's only so much you can do. Shows like FLCL where everybody pronounced everything correctly had a really small cast, whereas Naruto has a huge cast to fill. Not every actor's going to be the best, and not everyone's going to pronounce stuff well.

On that note, there could be alot of bad Japanese voice actors and we wouldn't know it. It's harder to recognize flaws in the dialogue/whatev if you don't speak it all the time.

Ps - BELIEVE IT is just as annoying as DATTEBAYO, you just don't notcie it as much because A REASON I ALREADY GAVE LOL
dattebayo is cooler, believe it  

sk8intree

Reticence

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am
Dattebayo, should reign forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:01 pm
domokun  

Reticence

Purity Uchiha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:19 am
sk8intree
Captain Verd
mofoslotmachine

iawtc

ok random pic time xd

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:45 am
Heh, that was funny. The only thing about "Believe It' is just that it really stands out and you can easily hear it. Unlinke 'dattebayo' which blends into the fast-talking speech.

As far as dubs go, I can't watch my favorite episode because of it. Once you watch something so good in one version and then crappy voice-overs in another, it just sucks...

To me, the only one voice-over person that still sounds the same to me is Gaara. He has like the same tone and 'evil' to it...that's just my opinion.  

II Final II

Baycee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hate Dub.. scream
Love Sub.. heart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 pm

i like how you can tell hardcore and normal fans apart now,
all you have to ask is what naruto's catch phrase is, and they
will probably tell you the one they started off with.

i even remember the first release of the episodes in japan,
i was living back in russia, news travels faster the closer you are.

go figure, 'believe it'

x]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
R E T I C E N C E,

Reticence

Instant Loser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:52 pm
I just stick to the manga....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 pm
Purity Uchiha
sk8intree
Captain Verd
mofoslotmachine

iawtc

ok random pic time xd

User Image
xD
lol

I don't like the american version... crying
Know what's funny? They pronounce Sasuke's name like this: "Sas-gay"

Ryoko Ametsuchi

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff