19,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:44 pm
First Name: Ashlynn
Religion: Christian
Denomination razz resbyterian

What drew you to this guild?: I was invited actually.

Influential quote: (Most of them are songs, because I have a limited grasp of the bible)
"We see people through the law, But we ask Jesus to see us through grace. That's why this world is so messed up." - Mark Hall, Casting Crowns (Verbatim anyway.)

"Let my life be the proof of Your love, Let my love look like You, and what You're made of. How You lived, how You died, loving sacrifice. So let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love." For King and Country, The Proof of Your Love

"We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatsoever to him." Romans 5:7-8 MSG.

I try very hard to live my life through the Holy Spirit, I do my best to listen when He leads me to pray for or talk to someone. It isn't always easy, but its such an amazing feeling to be in the Holy Spirit, and I honestly can't get enough of it. xd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 am
NyteWytch
First Name: Ashlynn
Denomination razz resbyterian

What drew you to this guild?: I was invited actually.

Influential quote: (Most of them are songs, because I have a limited grasp of the bible)
"We see people through the law, But we ask Jesus to see us through grace. That's why this world is so messed up." - Mark Hall, Casting Crowns (Verbatim anyway.)

"Let my life be the proof of Your love, Let my love look like You, and what You're made of. How You lived, how You died, loving sacrifice. So let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love." For King and Country, The Proof of Your Love

"We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatsoever to him." Romans 5:7-8 MSG.

I try very hard to live my life through the Holy Spirit, I do my best to listen when He leads me to pray for or talk to someone. It isn't always easy, but its such an amazing feeling to be in the Holy Spirit, and I honestly can't get enough of it. xd
Welcome to the guild.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Wolf Ookami Woof

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 pm
First Name: Elizabeth.
Denomination: I just go with the flow. I can't place myself in any domination.

Although currently I am in an united methodist church right now. And I love the people there. I can't say I agree with every point of view they have, but I know my points of view won't align with every christian.

What drew you to this guild? Well I got invited. I was intrigued by the invitation. I decided to join after reading over some of the forums.

Influential quote: I don't really have a specific one I stick to. Although I'll probably give some here and there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:53 am
Wolf Ookami Woof
First Name: Elizabeth.
Denomination: I just go with the flow. I can't place myself in any domination.

Although currently I am in an united methodist church right now. And I love the people there. I can't say I agree with every point of view they have, but I know my points of view won't align with every christian.

What drew you to this guild? Well I got invited. I was intrigued by the invitation. I decided to join after reading over some of the forums.

Influential quote: I don't really have a specific one I stick to. Although I'll probably give some here and there.
Welcome to the guild Elizabeth.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

KandiSox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 am
First Name: Katelyn, but if you forget, I'm fine with being called Sox or KandiSox.
Religion: Christianity
Denomination: Methodist

What drew you to this guild?: That one's a toughie. This guild popped out at me while I was searching for some advice in my life. After reading through some of the forums here, I felt as if I'm some of the 'stagnant water' that has been mentioned at least once or twice in this guild. I was comfortable with not getting to know God more, knowing that I was saved and would go to Heaven when I accepted Jesus as my savior.

But after that, I knew I needed to have a better relationship with Him, that it's not just about getting into Heaven or Hell. And I wanted to start here, so that's what drew me to this guild. I'm sorry if I rambled a little bit in there. sweatdrop

Influential quote:
I don't normally look for quotes that depict my whole life story, but I will put some lyrics in the song "Whispers in the Dark" by Skillet that I always appreciate:
xxx"No, you'll never be alone.
xxxWhen the darkness comes,
xxxYou know I'm never far
xxxHear my whispers in the dark"

Any other information you would like to share, feel welcome.
I'm glad that I'm here, and you guys seem like a very awesome group of people. Thank you for letting me be here! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:38 am
KandiSox
First Name: Katelyn, but if you forget, I'm fine with being called Sox or KandiSox.
Denomination: Methodist

What drew you to this guild?: That one's a toughie. This guild popped out at me while I was searching for some advice in my life. After reading through some of the forums here, I felt as if I'm some of the 'stagnant water' that has been mentioned at least once or twice in this guild. I was comfortable with not getting to know God more, knowing that I was saved and would go to Heaven when I accepted Jesus as my savior.

But after that, I knew I needed to have a better relationship with Him, that it's not just about getting into Heaven or Hell. And I wanted to start here, so that's what drew me to this guild. I'm sorry if I rambled a little bit in there. sweatdrop

Influential quote:
I don't normally look for quotes that depict my whole life story, but I will put some lyrics in the song "Whispers in the Dark" by Skillet that I always appreciate:
xxx"No, you'll never be alone.
xxxWhen the darkness comes,
xxxYou know I'm never far
xxxHear my whispers in the dark"

Any other information you would like to share, feel welcome.
I'm glad that I'm here, and you guys seem like a very awesome group of people. Thank you for letting me be here! blaugh
Welcome Katelyn. Thank you for sharing where you're at right now. Realizing and being aware of the stagnation is an important first step to growing in your relationship with Christ. The hardest part is not giving into the stagnation and I'll be honest it can be very tough at times but keeping those waters moving I find is personally rewarding. Feel free to jump right in to any topic or make a new one.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm
First Name: Danee (it's pronounced like Renee except with a D)
Denomination: none (I believe it was called the restoration movement(?)

What drew you to this guild?
When I first saw it the name jumped out to me so I checked it out and decided "hey, I would love to join this thing" And even if I'm just lurking I still enjoy myself.

Influential quote:
The whole chapter of Mathew 7:
Any other information:
I mainly like Mathew 7 because It makes me think more and it also is what got me to be more serious, (especially the pa sage about the wide path and narrow path) before that I was more "neutral" which is fatal (according to what I believe.
I like to learn off of other people (but I don't believe things without double checking)
I already posted a few other posts but I figured I would post here, I hope I can get more active~  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 pm
RyuShikyo Yagari
First Name: Danee (it's pronounced like Renee except with a D)
Denomination: none (I believe it was called the restoration movement(?)

What drew you to this guild?
When I first saw it the name jumped out to me so I checked it out and decided "hey, I would love to join this thing" And even if I'm just lurking I still enjoy myself.

Influential quote:
The whole chapter of Mathew 7:
Any other information:
I mainly like Mathew 7 because It makes me think more and it also is what got me to be more serious, (especially the pa sage about the wide path and narrow path) before that I was more "neutral" which is fatal (according to what I believe.
I like to learn off of other people (but I don't believe things without double checking)
I already posted a few other posts but I figured I would post here, I hope I can get more active~
Welcome Danee. Glad to have you in the guild. I hope to see more posts from you biggrin  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 am
First Name: Maria, though I prefer Roo.
Religion: N/A
Denomination: N/A

All I know is, I deeply respect scripture and want to worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. My upbringing was agnostic in nature, my family sought mediums/psychics and practiced divination, but not once did they crack open the bible in front of me or teach me his words.

What drew you to this guild? Its emphasis on love over the law; I worry sometimes that I'm borderline Pharisaical. Even though Matthew tells us our righteousness should exceed that of the Pharisees, I don't want to become judgmental like them and lose sight of the spirit, but at the same time I don't want to twist his words into self-worship like the nachash of Genesis did.

Influential quote: This has really defined the way I look at scripture...

Quote:
Ezekiel 36:25-27 (NIV)

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:47 pm
real eyes realize
First Name: Maria, though I prefer Roo.
Religion: N/A
Denomination: N/A

All I know is, I deeply respect scripture and want to worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. My upbringing was agnostic in nature, my family sought mediums/psychics and practiced divination, but not once did they crack open the bible in front of me or teach me his words.

What drew you to this guild? Its emphasis on love over the law; I worry sometimes that I'm borderline Pharisaical. Even though Matthew tells us our righteousness should exceed that of the Pharisees, I don't want to become judgmental like them and lose sight of the spirit, but at the same time I don't want to twist his words into self-worship like the nachash of Genesis did.

Influential quote: This has really defined the way I look at scripture...

Quote:
Ezekiel 36:25-27 (NIV)

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Welcome to guild Roo. Glad to see you here.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm
It is awesome to see the new people joining. I wish I had more time at the moment to get to know everyone... I do hope that soon I might have more time for it...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 pm
First Name: Anthony
Denomination: Nondenominational (i feel denominations only serve to divid)

What drew you to this guild? The refreshing honesty, the willingness to listen to others, and I feel this a good place to learn and grow as a person and in faith.

Influential quote: "It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must NEVER let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. (Valerie from V for Vendetta)"  

Gayngel

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 pm
MR PUFFINGTON
First Name: Anthony
Denomination: Nondenominational (i feel denominations only serve to divid)

What drew you to this guild? The refreshing honesty, the willingness to listen to others, and I feel this a good place to learn and grow as a person and in faith.

Influential quote: "It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must NEVER let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. (Valerie from V for Vendetta)"
Welcome to the guild Anthony. Feel free to join in any existing topics or start a new topic.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff