Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:30 pm
um so yeah, my update I am 145 now I started 144 and went down and up.I am 6'1 just in case any1 is answering. Not really trying 2 loose weight since I am already thin. So.... I have been doing some crounches and playing DDR alot. My abs are starting 2 become more visible. Thats the only thing I worried about. I have 2 be shirtless 4 a cosplay I am planning on doing 4 AX2010 (not sure if I will go through with it though). Still would be nice 2 have the good abs though.
http://static4.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/wallpapers/Buso-Renkin/[large][AnimePaper]wallpapers_Buso-Renkin_tida(1.33)__THISRES__71237.jpg
cosplay I want 2 do  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 pm
I'm the complete opposite, I want to gain a few lbs.
Anytips for someone with a very high metabolism?
And don't say eat more fatty/junk foods because that is what I mainly eat.
emo

User ImageBeeMovieSuits 4999/ಠ 3ಠ

Bee Movie Suit

Hoarding Hoarder

La Petite Ange

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:36 pm
Well, for people with high/fast metabolism, I recommend large meals, but just three. Eating a lot of food a fewer times a day slows down your metabolism considerably.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:50 am
I have FINALLY started and STUCK to my diet.
I started Tuesday March 2nd weighing 190lbs. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 179lbs. I know it's not healthy to lose weight so quickly but I REALLY want to lose this weight and so far this is the only thing that has worked for me. I'm on a very low calorie diet, am not drinking anything other than water ((I cheated with Lemonade once)), exercise for 35-45 minutes daily, have a personal strength gym class in my high school, have turned down ALL sweets, have been taking vitamin supplements, and have truly started to believe in myself.

I actually do cheat though. I have these DELICIOUS Veggie Chips that you know... are chips, but I really like them and my family keeps buying them. So far they have been my main weakness.

I downloaded a calendar and type up my progress and everything I ate for the day onto the calendar so that I can keep track of what I ate, the calories in what I ate, the weight I've lost, and the exercise I've done. It's really working me. Being able to see my results makes it worth it to me. And since I started out so overweight to begin with, it's going to take another ten lbs or so before I start seeing much of a difference on my body. So seeing the difference on paper is what keeps me going.

All of the other diets weren't working for me. I can't commit to any of the 5 small meal a day diets. I can't eat that often due to my scheduling and I just don't like doing it.

I hope to update next week with positive results as well.

Height:5'10"
Starting Weight:190
Current Weight:180
Goal Weight:140
Lbs to go: 40
Weekly Goal: 5lbs  

Suicide Skittle

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm
@ Emo Paperclip
I would recommend eating a lot of protien (ie. meat, beans, eggs, etc.) and EXERCISING.
The best and healthiest way to bulk up a bit is through muscle, not necessicarily fat. This way you'll probably look and feel better than if you just gain a bit of flab. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 pm
Emo Paperclip
I'm the complete opposite, I want to gain a few lbs.
Anytips for someone with a very high metabolism?
And don't say eat more fatty/junk foods because that is what I mainly eat.
emo

User ImageBeeMovieSuits 4999/ಠ 3ಠ
I have the same problem as u. But I have been drinking some protein shakes and such. And so far I have gained a bit of weight (but I exercise so its not fat).

Male
6'1
146lbs  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 pm
I really haven't weighed myself in a while, but I've been getting a lot less headaches, and fatigue. I don't each much dairy products any more, and I've been drinking a lot of water.

I feel so much better, physically and mentally. I really hoped to lose more weight by this Saturday, or at least tone up more, but an old knee injury is preventing me from using my legs much.

It's given me a chance to use my arms more, which is helping on reducing the flab sweatdrop

....Apparently, either my scale is broken, or I have neither lost nor gained weight. It's fine, I guess, considering I know I've probably gained muscle mass, and lost water weight.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 pm
so i gained a pound or two
BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR DOING SO!

i got a job and haven't had much time to exercise. i work at the snack shack at the baseball fields. and they do not have healthy food. which sucks for me. i try and just drink water and something i bring but im surrounded by candy, slushies, hot dogs, soda, pretzels, and churros for hours!

THIS WILL BE THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!!!
ive snacked on candy and junk food for like a couple of days and i HATE myself for doing so

stressed

xXMakorikXx

UkeSebastian

6,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 pm
Woot I can't wait for the pokemon game to come out tomorrow I am going to be walking alot XD thank you Pokewalker.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 pm
Hello people! I'm trying to make an effort to lose some pounds not only for cosplay,but for my health in general. I wanna make sure my bloodpressure is down and stuff since I think that runs in my family. Anyone have any good diet tips and ideas to get flatter abs and more toned thighs? I was thinking squats,lunges and lots of crunches. I wanna do some cardio too,probably for at least 15 minutes a day.As for food,I'm always the one cooking so I've cut back to one glass of juice a day and I try to drink water and tea as well as making my lunch rather than buying it.

Starting weight:149
Goal:125
Wants to lose:3-5 pounds per week  

Miss Chi Marie

6,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

dawgnothtebountydude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:44 pm
Okay... Just starting here. I have never really seriously dieted. I can do something if i set my mind to it. But with something idieting its just plain boring alone.
I had a friend who was going to do it with me but she flaked out. I cant really blame her. She's a vegetarian and its hard to find cheap, vegetarian food that works with a diet... Plus she's lazy XD.
And back on topic.
I want to loose weight for cosplaying and so I look like i belong next to my boyfriend. He says I dont need to loose weight for him. Which Im not. Im doing it for me. I feel odd when we go anywhere. Because we're so opposite in looks. Im 5'3" and 165lb. He's 6'3" and skinny (dont know his exact weight)I mean look. Him left...
Me right

User ImageUser Image

My problems_ 10 hour work day at a desk, asthma and no inhaler, no gym, no DDR (( Used to have it but someone stole it.)), messed up knee right knee and right shoulder, small living quarters.

Start weight: 165
Goal:130lb at least
Wants to loose: 2-5 lb a week

Any tips on what exercises that will help without making my knee and shoulder hurt more is much appreciated. Also any food suggestions. I have a $25 a week budget... I think the ramen isnt helping the weight lose.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm
OK so I checked my weight on Saturday. I am now 150lbs. The weight that I wanted 2 be. Now I just need 2 gain a bit of muscle (a bit more around the ab area). redface  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Wee Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:05 pm
Uso Karasu
Okay... Just starting here. I have never really seriously dieted. I can do something if i set my mind to it. But with something idieting its just plain boring alone.
I had a friend who was going to do it with me but she flaked out. I cant really blame her. She's a vegetarian and its hard to find cheap, vegetarian food that works with a diet... Plus she's lazy XD.
And back on topic.
I want to loose weight for cosplaying and so I look like i belong next to my boyfriend. He says I dont need to loose weight for him. Which Im not. Im doing it for me. I feel odd when we go anywhere. Because we're so opposite in looks. Im 5'3" and 165lb. He's 6'3" and skinny (dont know his exact weight)I mean look. Him left...
Me right

User ImageUser Image

My problems_ 10 hour work day at a desk, asthma and no inhaler, no gym, no DDR (( Used to have it but someone stole it.)), messed up knee right knee and right shoulder, small living quarters.

Start weight: 165
Goal:130lb at least
Wants to loose: 2-5 lb a week

Any tips on what exercises that will help without making my knee and shoulder hurt more is much appreciated. Also any food suggestions. I have a $25 a week budget... I think the ramen isnt helping the weight lose.

Then your best bet would be to straight up diet as in food. Drink lots of water, diet or sugar free drinks. No starches, wheat if you do. Instead of 3 large meals, have 6 smaller meals. And that means cutting out junk food like cookies, chips, etc.

You can try just taking walks every morning/evening. Dancing, but not like crazy hip hop dancing. Maybe something slower like belly dancing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:44 am
Dementia DarkMoon
I've been slowly working towards getting down to 110-120.
I'm 5'6.5ish and 148lbs. I'd like to at least get to 130 by SakuraCon '10, which is in April. I'll be cosplaying numerous characters, but Enma Ai being my main focus.
I have a gym membership, and now that it's winter break i intend to go daily to ensure I burn as much as possible over the next three weeks 3nodding

I was 5'4 and 145 pounds and cosplayed as SailorMoon. I was a little bigger than a few other girls and I've got soccer Legs (ex. large calves) Your on a pretty good track to being Healthy weight in my opinion.  

VodkaLeona

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:47 am
I am still in the 'healthy' weight area on the height to weight ratio chart. I gained about twenty pounds when I went to Europe and I am trying to lose it but I can't work out so I have to cut back on eating (typing as I eat).

My goal before the con is to lose ten to fifteen pounds.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff