Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:04 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo walked into the room, sitting down, ready to listen
to the professor ramble on about the history of wizardry. Despite his desire not to listen, he knew he had to, because wizard history was one of the subjects he came into Hogwarts having absolutely no clue about. He knew how to do magic at least minimally before Hogwarts but to truly understand the history of it, one must've had some kind of prior knowledge.

He listened to the teacher, taking notes on everything that had been said. he made sure to take very good notes as well, hoping to get this down packed for whatever exam that could come up. He had no questions however, but was interested in what his classmates had to ask.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:11 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Lecture... my favorite. I could have just stayed in the library and got this much and more.

David felt like one of the many students who wasn't particularly fond of History of Magic. It wasn't that he found the class particular hard he just found the class sort of boring and useless. He had a theory that what was in the past was the past and there was no use digging up old skeletons-granted he was pretty sure his little sister would threaten to kill him or something if she heard him say that and there was the argument about learning from history or being doomed to repeat it, but it still seemed fairly pointless to David. In his opinion it was more productive to look forward.

He tapped the feather side of his quill on his parchment as he listened to Professor Powell begin the lecture on the Ollivander family and ask for any questions. He let out a sigh, he couldn't really think of any questions, besides what the professor had gone over should be the only thing on the OWLs concerning the subject, right? He really wasn't that concerned about the subject beyond that.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History class (Friday: 10:00am to 10:45am)

Leonette was relatively happy about being in History class despite lacking any real interest in the subject. “Good morning.” She said happily to David as she took a seat next to him. As class started Leonette listened to the lecture on Ollivanders and their wand making abilities. This topic dampened her spirits and made her extremely bored. She probably looked just as bored as David or more so. ‘Why does history have to be so boring…?’ she thought to herself as she took her notes. Leonette didn’t have any questions when the time came so she just remained silent.

With: Class... David

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:49 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Calm
Let it shine: ...
And I don't mind: Second Years
We'll get by: History of Magic

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie took her notes and kept quiet, not really having anything to contribute. She'd gotten her wand from Ollivander's, of course, and she was very comfortable with it. It was like an old friend. She fingered it as she wrote.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:07 pm
There is a ghost...
Deep in my throat...
Shoving it down...
Speak and you choke!
Every fire...
Sharpens the flood...
Throbbing and wild!
Stained in blood...

User Image

DAVID SHOICHET | SECOND YEAR | GRYFFINDOR | MUGGLEBORN
And each little lie: bored | Making mountains: wands... | Mountains I climb: second years... | Wasting my time: History of Magic

There were three things David was always immediately recognized for. His white blonde hair, his smart mouth, and his penchant for asking questions that bordered on straight out disrespect. He didn't dislike this class as much as most of his others, but he wasn't exactly eager to hear about how the magical folk had outsmarted those silly muggles once more. Unfortunately, this lecture was just about wands. So now he was just bored. He sighed and stared at his wand. It was alright, he supposed. He hadn't liked it much at first, but he was probably going to need it for the next several years, at least.

Somewhere between dirty and clean, water and smoke, laugh and you choke...

Feeding the fire...
Teasing the lies!
With dirt in my eyes...
Oh, dirt in my eyes
Pissed it away!
The heroes are gone.
Dirt in their sheets...
Rum on their tongues...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:43 am
User Image
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 <3
With : <3 <3
Who : <3 <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 <3
Wearing : <3 <3

Sapphire scribbled her notes out quietly in a seat away from the class. She didn't want to be a bother. And History never enthused her anyway... "Professor, How could the wands in Briton, during such a phase in history when the muggles and wizard world were so chaotic and barbaric, be of very good quality?" She asked. Her cousin had told her some history lessons from when she had been in a muggle school. That was before she was put in Hogwarts... Wait, when had the slytherin ever been interested enough in Shayna's talks to have listened?!

Second year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

User Image  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:20 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, here's to a new year...
                                            OOC: ...

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:18 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxif you have to ask, you'll never know. if you know, you need only ask.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Lexine walked into History of Magic, which had to be one of her favourite classes -- next to Potions, of course -- and sat nearing the middle of the room. When Professor Powell asked for what they'd learned last year, Lexine raised her hand. "One thing we learned about was the history of Hogwarts itself. How it came to be and everything that had happened," Lexine shrugged. Sure, it was vague, but it was an answer.

clothing x ooc :: - - - x voice clip

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm
Well she lives in a fairy tale
Somewhere too far for us to find
Forgotten the taste and smell
Of a world that she's left behind
It's all about the exposure the lens I told her
The angles are all wrong now
She's ripping wings off of butterflies
User Image

☆═━┈Rory didn't even hide her sigh as she walked sullenly into History. She couldn't wait to drop this boring a** class the first chance she got! Sure it was sorta interesting learning of the magical world but it was almost as boring as regular History back in primary. She took a seat and rolled her eyes as that Ravenclaw girl did her thing and was the first to answer, as usual. She didn't really remember much of last year but she thought she could answer this. So she raised her hand as well and waited for her turn. "We learned abou' tha Fou'ders an' erm...wha t'ey contributed to th' school?" she gave a sheepish grin. ┈━═☆

Wearing
Where am I?~History
Who's here?~Others
Three more years, three more years, three more years...

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image

Keep your feet on the ground
XXXXXXXWhen your head's in the clouds
Well go get your shove

XXXXXXXAnd we'll dig a deep hole
To bury the castle, bury the castle

XXXXXXXGo get your shovel
And we'll dig a deep hole

XXXXXXXTo bury the castle, bury the castle

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: History: Thursday 1:00pm to 1:45pm

History probably one of Alice’s most disliked subjects. It wasn’t that she didn’t like history it just didn’t interest her. Though, it seemed to interest Jasper quite a bit as far as she could tell. Of course his happy attitude as he walked into class with her was more than enough of a giveaway. “Jazz you like history far too much.” She told him giggling as they made it to their seats. “Not really.” He stated shrugging a little. “Oh Jazz I was only teasing.” Alice continued causing Jasper to break a smile. “I know that.” He told her just as class was about to start.

It was a simple day of review problem was Alice couldn’t remember anything. Jasper went off of what everyone else and raised his hand. “We covered the chamber of secrets.” He said before falling silent. That seemed to trigger something in Alice’s brain because she practically jumped out of her seat as her hand shot up. “There was a snake that used to live in it!” Alice said rather loudly. “Sorry…” she apologized going back to a more indoor voice. Jasper only smiled at Alice’s reaction seemed she wasn’t completely against history after all.

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

With: Each other and classmates

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 am
User Image
𝔻𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Curious in the History Classroomspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I love this school!' spacespac

☼ ☼ ☼ We go wherever we want to, do what we like to do
We don't have time to get restless, there's always something new.
☼ ☼ ☼
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDorian entered the History classroom with far less excitement than he had most of his others; he wasn't especially excited about this particular class. It wasn't that it was exceptionally, horribly boring, but... well, magic could only make history a bit more enjoyable than it was without, really. It was nice that he was learning new history, things he'd never heard of before, but really, it was still all in the past. He counted himself lucky that the professor was at least nice; it was really hard not to at least look forward to seeing him. Dori really wished he could work up half as much enthusiasm for history as Professor Powell seemed to manage. He didn't know how someone could find it that interesting, but he did try. It might not ever be his favorite class, but at least he didn't completely hate coming to it. Then again, he didn't really hate coming to any of his classes here at Hogwarts; even the boring ones like History and Astronomy were way better than, say, math. He'd heard there was an Arithmancy elective offered, and couldn't help but shudder at the thought. He didn't quite know what sort of math wizards did, but they didn't have calculators to do it with, so count him out.

☼ ☼ ☼ We're just tryin' to be friendly, come and watch us sing and play!
                                                          We're the young generation, and we've got something to say.
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:09 am
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his school robes
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // No-one at the moment
CURRENTLY FEELING // ready for class.
CURRENTLY THINKING // Oh, Dori beat me here.
spacespac

spaceJulius entered History of Magic to see some of the other students had arrived before him, even his brother Dori did. Then again, he wasn't late so that was the important thing. He nodded to his brother and took a seat next to him and listened as Professor Powell asked about what they had covered the year before and several of his peers gave their answers. He realized there was one specific thing that hadn't been mentioned yet, so Julius raised his hand and offered, "We discussed the history of brooms, as well, Professor." He had only gave an overarching mention of the subject and smiled slightly at Dori and gave a shrug.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iñigo Lazarus Albion-Alexandré~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ravenclaw<||>Second Year<||>Seer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stay strong...I know it is hard to understand why these things happen, but they do"

Iñigo walked into the classroom, ready for the boring class in which he actually knew most of the information already. History of Magic was one of the most boring classes for him, mainly because he father had taught him quite a bit about the history already. He knew most of the information covered in the first year, but he did wonder if that was going to be the case again. Because in actuality, he found the history of magic extremely interesting, but the fact that he knew most of it made the class very boring. He did however find some amusement in Alice yelling out. She was a nice girl who seemed to be the exact opposite of her brother. Everything that was covered last year was said however and he had no idea what to say; so he stayed silent.

"Trust me, we are going to change our lives for the better"

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson looked around, nodding to each person as they gave their responses for review. Obviously either they barely remembered it from last year, or they actually reviewed it. Either way, it was a good sign something stuck. "Very good everyone. Glad someone didn't fall asleep in class last year. I guess that's five points each for Miss Vance, Miss Bolan, Mr. and Miss Lancaster, and yes, that was a basilisk in the chamber until 1993 by the way, and Mr. Julius Xanders, right? Five points to you as well. What I want you to do now until the end of class is to please go back over the notes from last year, and read ahead for this one. Lots of interesting topics coming up, so might not be a bad idea to brush up and get a head start, right."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, here's to a new year...
                                            OOC: ...

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: History: Thursday 1:00pm to 1:45pm

Alice smiled as her and Jasper both received five points each. “Bas-il-isk” Alice sounded out upon hearing what was in the chamber of secrets. She attempted to drill it into her head silently as Professor Powell went over what was next on the agenda. Jasper was glad he got house points for a subject he loved and went straight to work looking at his notes from the previous year when asked.

Looking over at Jasper as they got started on review in both directions be it past and future topics Alice wondered how he could be so interested. “What you reading about?” she asked. “Last year’s stuff like Professor Powell just said.” Jasper replied. That’s when he knew why she was asking. “You don’t want to read do you?” he asked suddenly. “Not really…” Alice looked down at her book and frowned. It wasn’t a very convincing frown. “Hey try reading about the basilisk.” Jasper suggested. Alice wasn’t so sure but went to work finding the section and went onto review. Hopefully she wouldn’t start falling asleep. Luckily Jasper was there to make sure of that.

With: Each other and classmates
Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games