Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Darius winced as the bat hit he cursed at himself. Oh good he managed to find a way to piss off the captain of the club. He just barley dodged the first spell and got hit with the second one. He gritted his teeth as his "abbel umpa niffuen!"

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:43 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Duelists | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

Marina tried not to smirk at the gibberish now spouting from Darius's mouth. She didn't feel the need to announce her victory, but it was pretty obvious the duel was over. Her opponent could no longer cast any spells. "Finite incantatem," she cast, picking up the beater bat lying on the ground. "Here you go," she said sternly, handing him the bat and giving him a warning look. Then she glanced around at the other duels going on, which she hoped would be finishing up soon. She needed to wrap up this meeting.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

((IF YOU WANT TO FINISH UP DUELS, PLEASE DO SO ASAP. I WILL BE WRAPPING UP THIS MEETING SOME TIME TOMORROW. Thanks, guys!))

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja

Squeeky Luff

Forks Anonymous

kiska166

mc2

Digital Static

shabatha

murruelecreuset

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Yukina101

No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 am
User ImageUser Image

Darius felt like dirt, no lower then dirt. How could he be so stupid. When Marina brought the bat over he wish she just blew it up or something. He held his head down and clenched his fist. "Look I'm... I'm sorry, I'd understand if you'd don't want me coming back." He said really thinking she was mad enough to ban him from the club and she would have every right to.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Calm | Of the life I held so dear: Good dueling weather... | I won't run: Alone | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)

Marina raised both eyebrows. "Darius. I'm not going to kick you out for trying to beat the crap out of me with a bat. It was actually a pretty good idea, summoning it, and you go right ahead and do that when someone is actually trying to kill you for real. I'm serious. But when we're doing formal school duels... let's keep the beater bat on the Quidditch pit, alright?" She said as gently as one could to a fifteen year old boy without sounding condescending. "Though, just for the record... next time your bat swings at me, I'll be the one throwing a few punches in Dueling Club. And I assure you, I've got a mean right hook." She gave a very Slytherin-like smile, which is to say baring one's teeth more than grinning, and walked off, clapping her hands together. "Okay, everyone, that's enough for today! If you're still dueling, call it a draw and finish! You're all going to help me clean up!" None of them would be slinking off and leaving her to deal with their messes while she was in charge.

time skipppppppppp

Once again, the Slytherin prefect had just finished setting up for another meeting of the Dueling Club. It was overcast outside, the snow having long since melted from the ground, but it wasn't too cold or even cool, just sort of grey and average. Good dueling weather. Not too hot or too cold, and there wasn't any sun to get in people's eyes. She walked to the center of the courtyard and waited for people to show up, looking in annoyance at the chipping nail polish on her nails. She hadn't let them dry long enough the night before. Oh well.... Marina hadn't sunk so low that bad nails were going to ruin her day.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

((START OF A NEW MEETING. LAST ONE FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR!))

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja

Squeeky Luff

Forks Anonymous

kiska166

mc2

Digital Static

shabatha

murruelecreuset

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Yukina101

No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor stretched some as he walked onto the field of the dueling club, it was odd to be back after the last duel. Which Victor couldn't really remember much, it was fun yes...but not quite a duel. Then again Victor still felt off about dueling so there was that thing. he Frenchman had his scarf loosely draped around him as he walked onto the courtyard, waiting for the others to get there.

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I wish it was just a tad cooler."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:46 pm
User Image

Amanda stepped out onto the cement as she made towards the center of the courtyard. This could end up being the last practice duel for the rest of her life. The end of the year was just around the corner, and the seventh year would soon graduate before taking on the role of an adult. In the real world, Amanda always imagined she'd end up dueling villains, but being an adult wasn't all about locking criminals up in Azkaban. If she wanted to do that for a living, she would have to look into more Ministry jobs than the ones she has already done her research on.

Quote:

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Dueling Club

➳ ➳ ➳

Last meeting of the year. Hmm... I'm almost nostalgic. Still have to say this is a little less violent than having bludgers slam into you.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna stretched as she walked onto the field for the dueling club, her wand tucked in the right side of her knee high socks, ready to be pulled out at her need. It was one of the reasons she tended to wear knee high socks with shorts so often: it made a great place to tuck her wand that was right within hands reach. She had enjoyed dueling club. She found it interesting to actually practically apply spells and go up against other spells: it would prepare her for her future and she knew it would make her a better witch. More importantly the future thing: if she planned to be a hit wizard as she was leaning towards-or any form of practical application in the criminology field as a witch she would need to know how to face spells against her. And, the Fall Festival had shown her exactly how useless she was.

Though, her last match had her coughing up slugs at one point, she had to say that in many ways she found the dueling club fairly mild compared to being a beater in quidditch. Maybe it was because here the environment was a bit more controlled?

Slipping off her jacket, though it was a little cooler than it would be whenever she got back home she spotted Victor and a few upperclassmen. "Victor!" Ronna said with a smile as she tugged on his arm and joining his side and said in a pouty sounding hush as she remembered their discussion in potions. "You never told me if you made progress with your blonde haired cutie." She shook her head letting go of him and waved a hand and said in a normal tone, "Nah, it's none of my business. I'm really not the type to pry. If you wanted me to know anything you would have told me."

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:27 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor looked up wearily, the dizziness had come back, but Victor ignored it. That was when he noticed someone speak to him, "Ah...Hi Ronna." He greeted back, when Ronna asked about Del, Victor felt himself grow faint, "We-well...ummm..." The blush on his face was unmistakable, "I can't....say....I think....we are at the umm...flirt...stage?"

I feel blushy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "...Is it the flirty stage? Is that even a stage? ....Oh dear."
I am a proud second year

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Dueling Club/Victor

➳ ➳ ➳

Flirting stage? He's almost as hopeless about crushes as I am.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna wrinkled her nose and said, "You know you don't actually have to answer me. It's like if you pried into my love life-or lack there of- I don't actually have to give you an answer. Actually, I probably wouldn't."

"And so the flirting stage? Hmm... reasonable enough," Ronna said watching him carefully as she had noticed him seeming more tired than normal. "We should be more focused on figuring out electives for next year right now than crushes, anyways. I'm pretty sure, I'm going to die of overwork next year," she ended with a laugh.

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 am
Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
Holy water cannot help you now
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Seven devils all around you: Neutral | Seven devils in your house: My last year of dueling... | See, you were dead when you woke up this morning: Seventh Years | And you'll be dead before the day is done: Dueling Club

Marina walked out into the courtyard and looked around almost wistfully. This would be her last year of Dueling Club. No more duels after this, unless they were real ones or she participated in any competitions. She sighed and little and got to work sketching out dueling rings with chalk on the ground and setting up the practice targets and dummies. When she was done she stood in the center of the court yard, waiting for people to show up. She needed to pick someone to take over for her next year, and she had someone in mind.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

((IF YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTER TO JOIN PM ESSY ZE NINJA- CHECK THE FIRST PAGE, GUYS. ONLY SECOND YEARS AND ABOVE ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.))

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your sayings to be paradox
And it's an even sum, it's a melody
It's a battle cry, it's a symphony
They can keep me out, 'til I tear the walls
'Til I take your heart, and I take your soul
For what has been done, cannot be undone
In the evil's heart, in the evil's soul

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 am
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor scratched the back of his head a bit as he walked out onto the courtyard. Dueling club....Even though he had decided to go into the Medical field, he still needed to learn to protect himself. ...Like a combat medic or something.

...Did those even exist?

Spotting the head of the club, Victor tilted his head as he waved, "Bonjour Marina~" He greeted cheerfully, "I...Guess I'm first to arrive then?"

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Time to duel...I guess?"
I am a proud third year

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:10 pm
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Gryffindor Second Year
Reserve Chaser

David Clarisse
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Seeker ~ Dating Shayna

User ImageUser Image Location: Dueling Club

David walked to the courtyard for Dueling club with his cousin Leonette. The she apparently wanted to be a part of it. Not that he minded Leonette coming she was fun to have around. "You'll learn a lot that will help in your classes Leo I promise you that." he told her with a smile. "I'll trust you on that. I can't wait to see if anyone else from my class comes to the club." Leonette said as they got to the group.

There was Marina and Victor and that was it looked like they were early. "Marina is the club leader." David told Leonette who gave a light nod. "Hey Marina, Victor nice to see you guys again. This is Leo my cousin she's a second year lion." he said introducing his cousin to the two. Leonette remembered Victor from the music club. "Hello Victor it's nice to see you again and it's nice to meet you Marina." she said with a smile.

Leonette

Wearing: Uniform
_________

David

_________

With: Each other... Dueling Club
OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:27 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor shifted a bit as he waited for the club to start, that was when David appeared, with.....Didn't she visit the music club a lot? He was one of the heads of the club now, so he should get better at recognizing members, "...A-ah..." He bowed some, "Bonjour David~" He then tilted his head at Leonette's introduction, "Bonjour ....mademoiselle Leo." He said with a smile as he bowed again and kissed Leonette's hand.

....He was gay yes, but that didn't mean that he had to stop being French. Also it was just polite to introduce yourself in such a way to a lady, "Charmed to meet you. You go to ze music club, oui?"

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "New friend?"
I am a proud third year

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:I may dress a bit girlier now but it doesn't mean I am not ready for what this club has to offer still]

I swear I practically have nothing that isn't a skirt or dress now... yeah shopping for clothes this year with Officer Doyle was totally a part of Dad's punishment.

Dueling Club was something Ronna looked forward to all summer. It was pretty much the only place outside of the classroom you were technically allowed to practice magic. And it was useful. She wore casual clothes, which usually would have been something like shorts and a t-shirt with motorcycle boots but no, she had to grow out of practically all her clothes another year in a row and this time her Dad didn't leave her to her own devices on picking out clothes but his friend Officer Doyle who Ronna always wondered about his obsession with fashion. He probably would have gotten flack about it on the force if it wasn't for the fact that before he married he constantly had dates, he was highly trained in boxing and mixed martial arts, and somewhere there was some rumor he managed to make someone he and a fellow officer had to chase down with a look alone. She sort of doubted the last story, but whatever, he and her Dad had been friends since childhood apparently. And, Officer Doyle having only two sons now was all that more determined to make her look "as pretty as any young woman deserves to be". She was pretty sure he took too many punches to the head or something when he competitively boxed.

Her mood immediately brightened when she saw Marina the head of the club, Victor, David, and Leo. She came up just as Victor was charming Leo with the typical gentlemanly kiss on her hand and being so polite. Ronna didn't say anything to Victor or Leo, but stood behind Victor her hands held behind her back and mused, "Now we just need a Ravenclaw to make the party complete..."

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:34 am
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Gryffindor Second Year
Reserve Chaser

David Clarisse
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Seeker ~ Dating Shayna

User ImageUser Image Location: Dueling Club

Leonette smiled when Victor kissed her hand. Where could she find a guy like that? Something told her they were hard to come by. “Yes I do. You and my cousin Chloe run it now right?” she asked brightly. Her smile never faded when Ronna came over. “Hey Ronna you’re right about that all it would take is Shayna to show and we have a complete set.” David spoke up. He’d been watching Victor and his charming personality. He had to admit Victor was a nice guy and it made complete sense why he was in Hufflepuff.

Leonette

_________

David

_________

With: Each other... Dueling Club
OOC: ---  
Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games