Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Will you dress your children gothic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, would you?
  Yea, it'd be cute.
  Probly not.
  I'm open to it, I guess
View Results

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:15 pm
bluerain202
I'd like to dress them (if there ends up being a "them") In victorian dress, that could come off nicely. But simply in black would be gaudy. There are plenty of adorable kid clothing stores and stuff around... and I kind of like alot of the "normal" clothing.
PVC clad kids scream *****, so screw that o_O
But as for other extravagant goth-ish styles... I think it would be acceptable. As long as it doesn't look ridiculous.
I can only think of one reason someone would put their child in PVC, but as tempting as it seems sometimes, I don't think anyone would actually design their child's wardrobe to be washed off with a garden hose.
A bit issue for me would be comfort and cost versus how soon they are going to outgrow it. I'm saying you don't buy your toddler a two hundred dollar leather trenchcoat, because they won't fit it next year.

...and where would one find that in those sizes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:31 pm
When I have a kid i'm not exactly going to dress them in gothic clothing but i sure as hell ain't putting them in brite a** colors either..especially...*shivers* pink gross! gonk evil
But dressing my baby goth would be too cute for words! As long as she/he doesn't grow up think they are a bad a** or something I'm cool with it lol xd  

babykitty18

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:53 pm
I don't want to end up like my friend mom, who dictates what my friend wears. She can only dye her hair certain colors, or can only wear black once a week.
Of course, it would be the opisite of that, but i still don't want to have my kids hate me, or have them feel like i'm mean and overbearing.
Baby clothes and little kids are cute as they are, and I will let them pick what they want when they can choose.
I doubt with the way I am, that they'll be preppy kids who listen to the future version of brittney spears. If I play music when they're young throughout their life, and let them into art and music, I doubt they'll be screwed up, even if they wear polos or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:13 pm
If I have kids. (Knock on wood) I'm gonna dress them as lil' punkers. Only when they're so young they don't really have a clue of whats going on, though. As they get older I'll be more widespread with what they wear. I want them to be there own person. Not just an exact replica of me. Can't stand parents who try to turn their kids into mini charicatures of themselves.  

Laharl Part Deux

char234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:11 am
I would when they are younger and have no choice haha, im evil.

no seriously i would, untill they say 'mummy i dont want to wear this stuff anymore, i want to be a chavv'

okay i was jokin bout the last bit bout the chav thing, if my child wanted to be a chav i would disown them. Jokin agen.. okay im just not funny...

so to the point.. if they wanted to dress wateva i would be willing to buy them or wateva they wanted, except all this Low-cost stuff (haha low-cost, lacoste??) ryt im off now, im getting sadder and less funnier...

x  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 am
I would actually dress them as goths. Or in Gothic Lolita...*thinks for a moment* I may be obsessed with Gothic Lolita but I'm going to reserve that for obsession for drawing purposes. But seriously I would dress my kids as goths. I think its better than having them dress like hoochies if I had a girl or having the boy dress like he came out of the bloody inner city. That's just the way I am. I'd be the cool mom...j/k.  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

TheWhiteRaven2501

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:03 am
I had some old trip pants that my grandma cut and converted into a mini rave pants for my little sister. It was awesome and cute at the same time!
It was AWECTESUM! *eck sounds like medicine.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:53 am
Personally....I Possably would....and if they come of age and tell me that they dislike it...I will be sad...But they should be allowed to express themselves the way they'd like(within reason)......They wil still have their Gothic Names!^^........I f i ever have a boy, I'm calling Him Seth!! heart  

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 am
I really would like to dress them goth xD i bet they would be cute, even though i would buy other cloths and just let them take theyr own way to a style they like , I also woulnd't dress them "too much" like goths, are children not dolls after all.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 pm
char234
I would when they are younger and have no choice haha, im evil.

no seriously i would, untill they say 'mummy i dont want to wear this stuff anymore, i want to be a chavv'

okay i was jokin bout the last bit bout the chav thing, if my child wanted to be a chav i would disown them. Jokin agen.. okay im just not funny...

so to the point.. if they wanted to dress wateva i would be willing to buy them or wateva they wanted, except all this Low-cost stuff (haha low-cost, lacoste??) ryt im off now, im getting sadder and less funnier...

x
I've often wondered how I would possibly relate to my potential offspring if they came to me one day and said, "Mother dear, I would like to become a professional soccer player. May I join little league, please?"
It's not that I wouldn't love them, I simply wouldn't know how to interact with them.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Herself Online

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:30 pm
I think on special occasions I might have some cute vintage style clothes for my children to wear but I don't really like black on children....unless its like gothic lolita style clothing^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:45 am
Considering I plan to get my tubes tied as soon as possible, no.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

MortSanglant

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:10 pm
>Doesn't want kids<  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:14 pm
Happy Preppy World?

Ooh, I thought about that.
Maybe not all the time, and nothing too goth-y.
But with my luck, my kids will be the exact opposite of me, and I will cry...

...Kill Me.

Kitdae

6,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

NathanHellScream

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:45 am
I myself would not dress my children goth. Well, when they're babies stuff like little rock band cloths and stuff like that is cute, but I would just dress them to look normal until they're old enough to dress themselves. If they wanna follow daddy's footsteps and become a goth that's fine, but I want them to have the choice of either doing that or following their own path. I don't plan on raising them to be anything but themselves.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff