Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

mee_shee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:55 am
Me definitly. I looove to read and just get all these "creative juices" flowing. Call me a dork I don't care I usually always carry a book with me since I first learned to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:12 am
I read books from the New Age section and vampire chick lit, as well as selected fantasy authors and biographies of serial killers...I suppose I do read.  

Scathach789

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:05 am
I still read a lot. I do read a lot of manga, I have about a $3,000 collection of manga from the past few years, and I read a lot of other books as well. I have classics like "The Great Gatsby" and "Dracula" to books some people have probably never heard of like "The Plucker" by Brom. One of my friends even got me into Terry Pratchett recently, so I've been reading those a lot recently (I've only finished "Wyrd Sisters" and "Soul Music" so far)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:04 pm
XWraith_LordX
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I love to listen to music, and read  

Devils_lilboy

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:22 pm
I love reading, it's more of a thing I do when i need to relax or I'm just bored. I get ideas from reading for my drawings sometimes and really I'm a fantasy freak, so I love reading fantasy, and tales, I still like to read fairy tales, old ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:23 pm
I've found the time to read over the summer--finally.

Stephen King baby. Yeah I mentioned him earlier.
Another author who I discovered: Cornelia Funke.

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

xX_Dark_Angel_Riyo_Xx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:28 am
i go to the bookstore quite often to pick up both books and manga...more recently a lot more books. ^^;

and i play an instrument, the violin, but i prefer the viola. i've been playing violin for...-thinks- 7 years? and viola for 3.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:26 am
celtic_faerie

and i just happened to stumble upon a book called Sweetblood(don't remember the author) it's sort of about vampires. this girl with diabetes believes that before a "cure" was found for it, people with diabetes could have been mistaken for vampires. then she meets a real vampire. check it out.

I have been reading that book and I love it ^_^ Yes I do recomend it to everyone.  

Kahroo

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:55 am
the only time i ever get to read is when i have to for skool. but i used to carry around books w/ me until random people started going up to me and asking me what i was reading, i found it really annoying so i just read at home now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:59 am
XWraith_LordX
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

Honestly, I'm the only big reader I've met who classifies themselves as Goth. In fact it was part of my choice to lead the darker lifestyle. The big one that led to my schism from society was Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn. Read it.

I'm not an instrumental player, but I am a lead vocalist and songwriter for a local band. We're somewhere between They Might Be Giants and Oingo Boingo.  

Divinity Rage

My Lovely Ora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:53 pm
I confess that I love to read and I enjoy reading just about anything that I can get my hands on too. I discovered two books by one of my favorite authors in a used bookstore today. I'm very giddy right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:49 pm
I read, occasionally.. I am currently enjoying Stephenie Meyers series on vampires. Starting with Twilight, entering New Moon, and reaching current age with Eclipse, it is the best series I have read so far...  

Snows Wyntre

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:20 pm
I love to read. I like science fiction ,mystery , fantasy books and books that deal with spiritism, but I also read other books if the plot seems to be interesting. I also read books that deal with parapsychology, the and articles about scientific discoveries in general ( like new technologies, new advances in genetics and the like). At the moment I`m reading "The Dreaming Void" by Peter F. Hamilton.

Most of my friends, no matter what subculture they belong to, like to read.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 am
Lol...I love to read and alot of people think it strange...well at least people who aren't my friends. I love reading manga but I am way into novels as well...Currently I'm reading Pride and Prejudice a really good book.

As for instruments, I play the piano and the viola. I sing as well...
I've written some songs but I mostly play and preform other people's works.  

xCount Corbeaux

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:30 pm
xCount Corbeaux
Lol...I love to read and alot of people think it strange...well at least people who aren't my friends. I love reading manga but I am way into novels as well...Currently I'm reading Pride and Prejudice a really good book.

As for instruments, I play the piano and the viola. I sing as well...
I've written some songs but I mostly play and preform other people's works.
I haven't gotten around to reading Pride and Prejudice yet. I just finished Candide and a few other books, so I'll work on that next.

So much studying....agh! stressed  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces