Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:40 pm
My 360 red ring'd outta nowhere. Working fine, then all of a sudden when I start it up, 5 minutes into a game, it locks up. I turn it off and back on, and it locks up a few times before fully booting up, and shows the red ring of death.

Bro calls the support line so we can get it replaced. It's almost as bad as calling PC tech support, all the BS you gotta do.

" Okay, try playing something without a disc. " Um... right, play a game without a game disc to load. Sure...

Anyways, this is the real BS part:

It's under an 18-month warranty.

Do the math:

We got it January 07. ( 12 months, then Febuary, March, April, and May = 16 months )

The guy's saying we're 5 months outta warranty. Then it turns the hard drive ( which is the last thing I'd ever assume would go bad on this thing, and is perfectly fine ) is what's under warranty. The system itself is what's f-ed up, and it's not covered anymore. WTF!? scream

Add to that repair costs come to $100-ish. Instead of wasting money on that with it potentially f-ing up again, Bro ordered me a brand new 360.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:49 am
I had a 4 year warranty.... confused

Never got the red-ring though, mine just stopped playing discs....complete hardware failure. Sent me a brand new system.

My feelings go out to you.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:16 pm
Real-life stuff that make faerie go "RAWR!" stressed

Jimmy the Schlong-Lord,

Good job, you self-centered p***k. Thanks for showing your a** the other night, and driving your wife - who is also my cousin - to the brink, and finally making her leave your pathetic jerk a**.

You've also pretty much lost your son, as well, and given your a*****e-ish behaviour, it'd serve you right if he wound up telling you what to go do with yourself when he grows up.

Maybe one day, you'll wake up, and realize what you just lost. But then again, you're too much of a selfish p***k to do that.

It's bad enough you took whatever it is that's up your a** out on my cousin, in my presense, no less! But, to also involve your own son like that ... there's a special place waiting for you for that one. Buttress, buttress golly for you, indeed!

So, in conclusion, you just screwed yourself over.

Good job!

Jamie, your irate ex-cousin in law.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:51 pm
eek

burning_eyes  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

K-Blade

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:44 pm
scream gonk stressed crying evil truck pirate dramallama burning_eyes eek xp intercooler sweatdrop confused exclaim gonk my fracking thigh thats going to leave a mark exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim xp  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:16 pm
((Fond memories of the intercooler on my dad's turbocharged diesel... Can you pass it off as a birthmark? or a cute beauty mark?))

Stupid realitor. She calls, saying she wants to show our house in 20 minutes, so I, being the only one in the house, scramble to get out of bed, clean up the birds, and then sit out on the porch across the street looking like a young redneck/hillibilly/bayou-bubba in training, and she never shows. Two hours I sit out there, and it turns out they never came. Like I really like getting up at 7 am. Which brings me to my motto:

I. HATE. MORNINGS. Eviscerate the sleepitariat!  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:42 pm
I interrupt your regularly scheduled rant thread to give you the following announcement.

JIMMY IS A d**k-SUCKER!

That is all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:52 pm
You know what really grinds my gears? When people claim to like something, or in my case, hate something, when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Okay, so I was talking with this guy who claims boba sucks, Jango Rules. Okay, i'm a pretty tolerant guy, and even though this douche has some misconvoluted ideas, I decide to ask him to explain himself, so that maybe there might be some underlying logic to his reasoning.

He's not much of a star wars fan, but he claims Jango is so much cooler beccause Boba's an emo poser. Jango came first, Boba stole his thunder. Okay, so maybe i'm a bit peeved right now, because Boba is neither a) emo, or b) a poser in my honest opinion. I politely tell him that boba actually came first, and that jango is in fact a lucas creation bent on using the Fett fandom to rake in a bit more cash from fandelorians.

Now here's what got me. The guy honestly, and quite fervently, believed that this was not true. And here's the kicker. It's because Jango was in Episode II, and Boba in V and VI.

I asked the guy, what's that got to do with anything. He responded, and I really do quote, "Because, episode 2 came out before Empire Strikes back. You can really tell Lucas was gripping for money because the graphics in the last three were terrible. I mean, come on! This is 2008!"

I have the urge to kill.... rising...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 pm
Oh that makes me shudder...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:09 pm
Sounds like some noob skipped math class. xp And these damn kids that like to pin s**t all on graphics really burn my toast.  

AFK Masturbating

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:06 am
The gaming industry is horrible about graphics.

I even saw an episode of AotS where they're interviewing " gaming experts " about what's important. The one guy was all about graphics. The looks make the game, etc.

Absolute BS. Everyone with any friggin' sense knows graphics don't make a game. The only REAL factor is how fun it is. You could have the world's best looking game ever, but if the gameplay sucks, nobody's gonna like it, making all that state-of-the-art rendering a total waste.

It pisses me off when they get these " experts " that don't know WTF they're even talking about. stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:27 pm
No s**t... it may be the prettiest game ever made, but If I throw my controller/keyboard at the TV/monitor in frustration it FAILS  

stellarmagic

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 pm
DAMN YOU, SIERRA ONLINE! scream

Short version:

I installed the original Half Life game. It wasn't compatible with XP. I uninstalled it, and the Sierra Utilities that came with it. The latter decided that everything else in my games directory was " useless data " and deleted 30 gigs of information.

At this moment, Guild Wars is the only game I have on the drive, and that's only after I defragged and reinstalled it and let it update the 18,822 files it needed in-game which took almost an hour to do. Add that to the already over 2 hours of BS I had to go through with everything else...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:08 pm
Dear neighbors: The 4th of July was yesterday! scream Cut it out.  

AFK Masturbating

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:42 pm
I went to a party after work. I got out at 12am and got to his house at about 12:45am. It was my friend Phill, and I had never been to his house before. I lied to my mother, telling her I was going over another friends house. Thats not the point though.

I went with Cameo, a girl I had just broken up with, because Phill is a mutual friend. So it was awkward right off the bat. I had a few shots of vodka and started meeting new people. Then we decide to go swimming. I was late, so they're all drunk, but I have to be the lifeguard cause I'm the only one who knows how to save lives when people drown. So basicly, I am down to drinking beer, cause I don't like vodka and tequila. So I spread 10 yeungling out over three hours.

Then, at 2ish, cameo drinks an entire bottle of vodka and some tequila and she's gone. ******** up beyond all recognition. FUBAR. So who ends up taking care of her all night? Me. Until an hour later when she passed out and I carried her downstairs so she could sleep on the couch and then she pukes on me. I go upstairs and finally get to sit outside with my new friend Eric for a nice big Stogie.

All of a sudden, somebody comes running out, telling me Cameo is screaming for me. I go to her and she tells me not to leave her. So I sleep next to her on the couch and she mumbles something about 'thank you' and 'love you' to me.

WHAT THE HELL?! Why am I the good guy? Why can't I just let her die from alcohol poisoning? Its not my job to take care of her anymore... scream ARRRGGGHHHH scream
I want her out of my life if shes gonna only care about me when she needs me!  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games