Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laithlis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:00 am
Ah, let me see here... actually, I might want to go find myself a list of SW games first... well, I think I'll stick to the games I have experience for myself

X-Wing (1993): The game that goot me hooked into Star Wars ships. The gameplay is wonderful even today, and at the time the graphics and musics were simply amazing, though I must admit I might not return to 320*240 resolution era razz A challenging, long game that provided endless hours of very quality time
TIE Fighter (1994): This game really blew the house for me. With far better graphics (640*480), this game has kept me hooked till this day and forward. Not only is the gameplay at least as good as in X-Wing, it showed me the Imperial waypoint, and I haven't turned back since. Children, do not believe the terrorist propaganda of the rebels wink Anyway, they don't make games like this anywhere. Grab it wherever you can. It hasn't aged a day
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (1997): In theory, everything X-Wing and TIE Fighter had to offer, with goodygood graphics, a bit different gameplay, and multiplayer support. In truth, great for multiplayer, but the lack of a campaign made it little more than a pretty addition to the family. A good game, but doesn't quite match its legendary ancestors
X-Wing Alliance (1999): Last of the great line of LucasArts flyers, XWA is a lot like XvT, just even better looking, adds some light freighters to the list of flyable ships (Corellian Engineering YT-1300 springs to mind. The Millenium Falcon is probably the best known ship of this type). Best of all, XWA had a campaign. All around a very good game, but not such of a shaker TIE Fighter was when it game. Unfortunately I've not yet been able to give this game the time it deserves
Rebel Assault -series (1993-2003): I'd rather not go here. Simple, simple arcade. Like spending a day at the shooting yard, only easier

Dark Forces (1995): The first Star Wars shooter ever, and one of the first good Doom-followers, this game was good. I remember it was the second shooter I ever played where you could look up and down (the awesome System Shock had the honour of being the first). Being situated in the Star Wars universe, and with shooters still being a very young game genre, Dark Forces was maybe a bit over appreciated. But a good game for its time anyway
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (1997): A great sequel for a good game, Jedi Knight was a long anticipated follow-up for Dark Forces. Having the Force as an element in the game was something totally new, and you just couldn't wait to see how it would turn out. And it turned out very well. Who could've resisted the charisma of lightsabers and force at that time?

When you look at the list I guess it gets pretty obvious that I'm an oldtimer and a retro-gamer. Also, the lack of time and lazyness with updating my computer has kept me from the newer games - besides, none of the stuff that truly thrills me - great, genuine LucasArts flyers mastered by Larry Holland - has come out since '99. I'm tempted to play Knights of the Old Republic, though. I already know it's the greatest non-Larry Holland made Star Wars game ever, I just need to find out myself just how great it is smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:55 am
never was able to play Dark Forces, i got it for PC as a gift, and it wasnt compatible with MS Win XP...

effing Microsoft..  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:59 pm
Um... I have Rebel Assault 2, I think, somewhere, that a friend just gave me 'cuz he didn't need it anymore. Can't get pat the third level though... I managed to get therough the flying part once with my keyboard, and then there were things to shoot, and I couldn't do that with the keys, and it won't let you switch from keyboard to mouse in one mission, so... yeah... Never beaten the third level...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:22 pm
Microsoft is better than mac...

But cool people use linex.

Galactic Battlegrounds sucks... Its like Age of Empires, but crappier.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:29 pm
yeah i know..

they need to make a newer version of it..

i have force commander..which is even crappier then battlegrounds..

they need a game where you can mass an imperial fleet for Endor..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:06 pm
Wow...I'm awestruck...

new SW RTS coming out

SW: Rebellion

it looks BITCHIN!!!

I saw a screenshot of one of the space battles

on the imperial side: three interdictor cruisers, one Executor class SD, two ISDs, 4 VSDs and three Dreadnaughts..not to mention the TIE swarms.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Laithlis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:36 am
They already made a game called Star Wars: Rebellion back in 1998

I know the oncoming game you're referring to, but I've seen it with some dfferent name..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:52 am
Star Wars: Empire at War. That's a new SW game scheduled for next fall and sounds quite a lot like the one you mentioned  

Laithlis

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:04 am
sorry sorry sorry, got the names mixed up my bad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:47 am
Errare humanum est wink  

Laithlis

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:39 pm
Laithlis
Errare humanum est wink

What language is that.. I think latin. "Its human error"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:15 pm
answering ypur own questions now, eh nelow?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:20 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
answering ypur own questions now, eh nelow?

actually, im not. I think its latin. I don't know.

But i went by looks for the translation.

And plus, I know english, spanish, and some russian and german. Tell me that i can't have some doubts as to origins!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:45 am
Nelowulf
Laithlis
Errare humanum est wink

What language is that.. I think latin. "Its human error"

Yeah, it's Latin, though I mixed up the word order by accident..

Should be: Humanum errare est. It translates wonderfully to my mother tongue, but in English I need to put a little effort to make it as compact and elegant... uhm... To err is natural (for a human being)

Of course, 'human error' has the same idea ^^  

Laithlis

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:25 pm
just making sure...

In Hoc Sic Vines...

I wish i knew latin fluently...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games