7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:53 pm
billsabob
Ok, Ive been thinking of this guys since I started the book,

http://imdb.com/media/rm3721894144/tt0475944

Hes the guy from the covenant, Im a guy and I think he is hot.... and no, Im not gay. He is just a very attractive person.

Love that movie, btw that's Steven Strait - I personally pictured him as older Jacob not Edward... sweatdrop 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:59 am
I couldn't imagine anyone playing Edward. He's supposed to be more beautiful than anyone on earth. No man can resemble him. I am satisfied with their choice but I would never think of the actor (who's name I forget) from Harry Potter- Cedric. In my head he has really dark brown hair with sort of caramel highlights that is cut sort of like Zac Efron's but tousled and messy looking. He is lean and his muscles bulge from under his clothes. He is a whole head taller than Bella and his face is . . . indescribable.  

Unikorn_Stew

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm
I think it's funny that only, like, one person suggested Robert last year. And then everyone shot him down.

Personally, he's sufficiant. I mean, he's cute and all, and the accent helps him in my book (even though he doesn't have one for the movie) but I don't think anyone could live up to any of our expectations of Edward. Hayden would have been hot, but as much as I love him, he can't act. I'll be okay with Robert. He's got some charm.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:31 pm
Dark_Legend94
billsabob
Ok, Ive been thinking of this guys since I started the book,

http://imdb.com/media/rm3721894144/tt0475944

Hes the guy from the covenant, Im a guy and I think he is hot.... and no, Im not gay. He is just a very attractive person.

Love that movie, btw that's Steven Strait - I personally pictured him as older Jacob not Edward... sweatdrop 3nodding

I did too...I don't know why but I thought of Orlando Bloom as Edward sweatdrop  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

drea lee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 pm
i was surprised about Rob too, cos i laughed when i saw him suggested, but now i love him as Edward.
Hayden wouldn't have been good cos he's too old. but i always thought maybe he could pass as Carlisle.
and henry Caville would have been good as Edward, or Tom Sturridge.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:40 pm
I think Oliver Goodwill would've been a perfect Edward.User Image  

The Original Syn

Tifa_finalxfantasy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm
I don't like the Edward they choose.
they said Edward was perfectly gorgeous.
and they better not ruin the movie...
or lots of people will be upset.

I couldn't honestly picture Edward in my head. redface  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm
Faye_26
Drew Fuller should do Edward ^.^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OMG!!!! he shoould totally play edward!  

photogirl12

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:03 am
at first, i pictured edward as blackheart, from the movie ghost rider:

http://photos.ifmagazine.com/graphics/features_movie/ghost_rider-_wes_bentley.jpg

but now after knwoing that he was playing edward, he changed into:

http://amhphotography.typepad.com/photos/kalama/edward385.jpg

pretty similar dontcha think?
robert pattinson is good for the role..
come on people! have you seen 'bad mother's handbook' and 'how to be'?
robert can sure act!
i had no second thoughts about robert playing edward.
(though gaspard is very tempting.)

yay robert!!
go go go!!!!!!!!!!!

3nodding blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:01 pm
CiNnA vAniLLa

http://photos.ifmagazine.com/graphics/features_movie/ghost_rider-_wes_bentley.jpg

robert can sure act!

yay robert!!
go go go!!!!!!!!!!!

haha i totally agree!! i believe that Rob will do a GREAT job at playing Edward xd  

xScarlet Bellax

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 pm
I don't know. I can't wrap my mind around -anyone- playing Edward, as Stew said. We all imagine him differently, and Robert is just not the way I imagine him. He's close, but not perfect enough. XD -sighs- No human man can play him, I'm sorry. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:37 pm
i personally think that steven strait would do a much better job than the guy they have now(forgot his name sweatdrop )  

shadowcrusher1

Distinct Hunter

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:10 pm
Well, to say, my imagination of Edward is actually an emo looking guy. I cannot imagine the same person which act as Cedric from Harry Potter to be Edward.

It just don't look right. Plus, he looks to human than a vampire. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:15 am
CiNnA vAniLLa

robert can sure act!

yay robert!!
go go go!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god that's exactly how I pictured Edward! As Blackheart.that's how I picture him in my head when I'm reading. However, the actor who played Blackheart is too old to be Edward. Another person who could play Edward would be Stuart Townsend (who played Lestat in Queen of the Damned) but again, he's too old.

I'm not convinced that Robert Pattington would be good as Edward but I'm not saying he'll be bad...just gunna have to wait and see. The only thing I'm unhappy with from the scenes and trailers I've seen of Twilight, is that I don't think they've made Edward look right...I imagined him to have white make up and sunken eyes so that he looked how he was described in the book....but I think he just looks like a normal human! He looks right on the photographs from the posters...but they've been altered in photoshop to make him look like that....why couldn't they have used make up to make him look right in the film...like they did for Stuart Townsend as Lestat: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Shadow__Dweller

Maluenda dAzur

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:12 pm

After reading an interview with our current "Edward", I think he will do fine =3

Personally, when I saw it was him playing Edward, I about pitched a hissy fit. I dwelled on it for a few days, and then I realized something~

It dawned on me that yes, we do all have different views of Edward. He was described as 'more boyish' in the novel and whatnot, but we all see him as a calmer, more serious guy- right?

He is flawed, as is everyone. We don't like the fact that the person they chose as Edward is not an ADONIS, XD...

In the book, we only get the description from Bella's POV- and she said he was beautiful. Well, of course he is! She thought he was the most handsome thing on the planet- and he obviously caught a few other peoples fancy.

Vampires lure prey in with their beauty- but of course, it does not work on everyone ^^

Anyway, getting on to the point- I think that he will do fine! When you get used to the fact that he is doing it, and that they chose him over some hot guy with no acting experience... I am very happy with this outcome.

In one of the trailers, I watched closely and noticed the 'crooked smile' mentioned oh so many times in the books, and I shuddered.

He has the feeling of Edward down pat- now, it would be on the director if things should fall apart. An actor can only do so much- feel, etc. The director HAS to DIRECT, and do it right.

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff