Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:58 pm
i still like piet. something about him resonates coolness.

err... *wanders away*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:04 am
theres nothing wrong with Piet. he's the coolest filmed imperial officer next to general Veers.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:24 am
yeah... and needa. needa's kinda cute for some reason, in a non-aesthetic sense. the whole "i'll apologize personally, i'm totally responsible, it's all my fault" stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:06 am
Pellaeon! Pellaeon! Pellllllaeon! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:14 am
Mercury33
Well, most of them are just light references that will be brought up again in the duology, like the fact that the blaster is in the Corvis Minor entry in the Imperial Library, and Han and Leia go to Corvis Minor ten years later.

I hate to be a**l about this, but the truth must out. That reference is actually from Stackpole's The Krytos Trap, and Han and Leia go to Pakrik Minor. Corran found the blaster, and goes to Corvis Minor in Isard's Revenge.

On the subject of Stackpole, Zahn, and references, no authors work more to connect their stories than those two. They've written at least two SW short stories together, they borrow each other's characters freely, and did you notice all those times the Katana fleet was mentioned in the X-wing books, which take place a couple of years before Zahn's trilogy?

Quote:
But the main reference is when Borsk Fey'lya finds Tallon Karrde towards the end of The Last Command and begs him to help Leia destroy Mount Tantiss because there are things i the storehouse that would be disastrous for both the Bothan people and the galaxy as a whole if they were ever revealed. In the Hand of Thrawn Duology, it is revealed that he's talking about the Camaas document. Since this plea is not mention at all in any book written between the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Duology, it makes you wonder if he was planning the duology when he wrote the trilogy.

That is a good one. I don't know if he had something specific in mind when he wrote that (he said at CIII that after he writes a SW book, he's done with SW until Lucasbooks asks him to write another one), but he definately kept that open to explore later if he got the chance. Which he did, of course.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:38 pm
Durza the Shade
Mercury33
Well, most of them are just light references that will be brought up again in the duology, like the fact that the blaster is in the Corvis Minor entry in the Imperial Library, and Han and Leia go to Corvis Minor ten years later.

I hate to be a**l about this, but the truth must out. That reference is actually from Stackpole's The Krytos Trap, and Han and Leia go to Pakrik Minor. Corran found the blaster, and goes to Corvis Minor in Isard's Revenge.

On the subject of Stackpole, Zahn, and references, no authors work more to connect their stories than those two. They've written at least two SW short stories together, they borrow each other's characters freely, and did you notice all those times the Katana fleet was mentioned in the X-wing books, which take place a couple of years before Zahn's trilogy?

yeah, i remember in an interview zahn said somehting about how he borrows stackpoles ideas mercilessly, the most prominent being Baron Soontir Fel and sons, and how the two of them are always stealing each others stuff, but theyre good friends or something like that.  

FrozenPhoenix32

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:25 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
NickCpointless
does anyone know the name of the book that follows the thawn novels?

i reccomend linking your sig to us.
i dont know how sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:50 pm
Who here read Tatooine Ghost? Member all the crap with the Killiks? Well they're back for Dark Nest! lemme see..

Has this been posted here yet? If not then:

Dark Nest info, courtesy of Amazon UK:

Dark Nest 1: The Joiner King

Seven years after their daring assault deep inside enemy territory (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Star by Star), Jaina Solo and her fellow survivors answer a mysterious call for help and vanish into the Unknown Regions. Soon, the Jedi Council learns that the group has undertaken a mission that will drive a wedge between the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances and its skittish ally, the Chiss Ascendancy. The investigation leads Luke Skywalker and his companions-Mara Jade Skywalker and Han and Lela Solo-on a perilous journey into the uncharted void that iles between what is right and what is wrong...

Dark Nest 2: The Unseen Queen

The second book in a trilogy that will bridge the events of the hugely popular New Jedi Order series, which has sold four million copies to date, and our upcoming 9-book epic Star Wars series to be published in 2006-2008. Despite being given new worlds to populate, the insectoid Killiks have not found peace. A seemingly unknowable enemy has been attacking the new nests--and the Killiks hold the Jedi responsible. Traveling back to the Unknown Regions to unravel the mystery, the Skywalkers and Solos discover an evil far more familiar than they ever expected...and even more terrifying. Why does the dark nest want to kill Mara? Will Jacen's apocalyptic vision trigger another galactic war, or prevent one? And perhaps most ominous of all, what deadly secret are the Killiks hiding? To find out, Luke, Mara, Han, and Leia must embark on a perilous journey into the uncharted void between right and wrong. The ferocious Unknown Terrors are only the beginning of the awesome challenges that lie ahead in their quest to fathom the unfathomable.

Dark Nest 3: The Swarm War

The third and last book in the all-new trilogy that will bridge the events of the hugely popular New Jedi Order series, which has sold four million copies to date, and our upcoming 9-book epic Star Wars series to be published in 2006-2008. With the Jedi Order splintered by conflicts of conscience, and a war erupting between the Killiks and Chiss that could spread across the entire galaxy, Luke Skywalker takes charge. His bold plan will play all sides against each other and carry those closest to him deep into hostile territory. It is also the only thing standing between the galaxy and the eternal war that his nephew, Jacen, has foreseen in visions. For the Jedi to succeed, they must step beyond the reach of any galactic government and undermine the war-making capabilities of all sides -- and Luke Skywalker must assume his fated role as true master of the Jedi Order.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:45 pm
Durza the Shade
Mercury33

Yeah, it is in Krytos Trap. Believe me, i know X-wing inside and out. I was referring to when Mara is looking for a replacement for her wrist blaster in The Last Command, so she takes the blaster out of the Corvis Minor entry in her floor's library.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:12 am
so.....

How about them Ssi-Ruk?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:28 am
Soul powerd star craft? creepy. down with the SSi-ruuk.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:07 am
Cale Darksun
Soul powerd star craft? creepy. down with the SSi-ruuk.

yeah thats true. but come on theyre practically Dinosaurs!  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:26 am
...yeah, soul sucking dinosaurs that shoot their tongues out their noses.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:11 pm
Yeah, but imagine the Yuuzhan Vong with the ability to pull out souls like the Ssi-Ruuk  

Mercury33

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:09 am
Mercury33
Yeah, but imagine the Yuuzhan Vong with the ability to pull out souls like the Ssi-Ruuk

Yikes. The GFFA would be screwed.

I find it funny how xenophobes are such a reoccuring theme.

We got the Yevetha, the Ssi-Ruuk, the Yuuzhan Vong, the Chiss to an extent...and now its eems like the Killiks as well.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games