Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image
                                            Nightshades on a warning
                                            Give me strength at least give me a light
                                            Give me anything even sympathy
                                            There's a chance you could be right
                                            If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh

Skip loved the boat ride! He was so swimming in this lake whether it was allowed or not. Bet there was all sorts of magical creatures in there! He tried to assure the less sea ferring ones of his boat that they would be fine that the boat was plenty sturdy. But he was pretty sure boat facts were not as comforting. He had no issues getting out of the boat but he helped one kid who was most likely blind or mostly blind. It had to suck trying to balance on a boat. He followed his fellow classmates up to the castle and up to some huge doors. Upon opening of the doors Skip was quite in awe! Such magic everywhere. There probably wasn't a non magic thing in this castle! He had been admiring all of the things he almost didn't hear his name. He approached and sat on the stool. The hat covered his eyes so now he could only hear the quiet crowd. He wondered where the cool magic hat would put him

LOVING Skip likes showing affection to his friends and loved ones. He will be one of the first to offer a hug if someone needs one and likes to pet animals
                                              QUIRKY Skip tends to act on a whim. Sometimes he doesn't have a reason beyond it sounded fun. He will even come up with weird complicated ideas to do a simple task.
                                              RESOURCEFUL Skip is good with making things work with what's on hand. He is also good with figuring out how to do and get things he wants
                                              BRAVE Skip will stand his ground even when he's scared. He won't put himself in harm's way but he doesn't want to look weak willed either
                                              SPACEY Skip is usually lost in thought or some story. You most likely to catch him daydreaming
                                              CUNNING Skip is not above using a cute face to get something he wants. He doesn't try to be he sometimes end up guilting people into helping him or giving him something

Voices in your body coming through on the radio
                                              The union of the snake is on the climb
                                              Moving up it's gonna race it's gonna break
                                              Through the borderline

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
    My, aren't we a mixed bag?
    So many choices for you...
    But I'm curious to see where that cunning can land you
    Better be

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:33 pm
    The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
    User ImageUser Image
    xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
    xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone?!?!
    xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
    xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Milo didn't mention this!

Quinn was not having a good night. After getting a nice pep talk (and some cocoa) from Brennie and Lia, he was called over with the other first years. Luckily, the guy, Callum, led them all to the lake, where it was much quieter. Everyone was herded into a bunch of little boats, 4-each. Q shuffled nervously until one group invited him to join. There was a boy who Q suspected might secretly be blind, one boy who kept reassuring them that the boat was quite safe, and a girl who seemed just as shy as he felt. Throughout the ride, Quinn clung to the edge of the boat, mildly disturbed by the thought of falling in. Despite summers at the pool, he wasn't all that strong of a swimmer. Luckily, they made it across safely.

Once at the giant castle, Q looked around in awe. He was indeed told of the place's magical grandeur, but it wasn't quite what he'd imagined. He followed the nice professor lady through the building, stopping outside a big door. On the other end, Quinn heard an awful lot of noise and had to wonder if they were going to be put right in the middle of everyone in the whole school. Milo had already told him exactly how sorting worked, probably in an effort to calm any nerves he could. When the doors opened, they were brought in, and sure enough, there were in the middle of hundreds of other kids.

The hat sang a weird little song, then the teacher lady stepped up to do her... thing. "Quinn Abrams!" The boy froze. Milo didn't say anything about being the very first one called up!! He looked around nervously before meeting eyes with Brennie, who nodded and sent a thumbs up. The younger boy nodded once, carefully moving through the crowd of kids. He sat on the stool, tensing up nervously as the hat was lowered onto his head. "I just want to go sit down. Please, please be fast. Everyone's looking at me and dad didn't say anything about being first!"

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

Hᴀʀᴅ-Wᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ:
                                                                  Quinn is always willing to put himself to work. He can't stand leaving jobs unfinished or poorly done, so he does his absolute best to do the work required for the results he desires.

Sᴛʀᴏɴɢ-Wɪʟʟᴇᴅ:
                                                                  Thanks to his own dedication, Quinn is incredibly strong willed. He stands by his opinions and is seldom swayed from his standpoints. He hates being considered childishly stubborn, but given his age, that's what most people assume is the issue. In fact, he's usually too proud to change his own mind.

Mᴇᴛʜᴏᴅɪᴄᴀʟ:
                                                                  There's always a method to Quinn's madness, even if it makes no sense to anyone else. He has his own specific way of doing things and hates other people trying to "correct" his rituals or thought processes.

Cᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Quinn loves discovering new information, though he doesn't usually ask questions. He prefers to learn on his own terms, usually by trial-and-error.

Aᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Quinn likes to explore the world around him. He loves wandering around and figuring out the way things work.

Dɪsᴏʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴇᴅ:
                                                                  Quinn is incredibly messy. His thoughts (and most of his possessions) are scattered everywhere. He hates trying to clean because then he can't translate his own insanity to figure things out. On the upside, he's perfectly content with his mess.

I ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ʀᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
            Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴡᴀʏ
            Iᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀsʏ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ɪɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅ Wᴀʀ III, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ
            I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. Cᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ?
            I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ
            Iɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘᴏʀᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Lᴇᴛ's ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ʟᴇᴛ's ᴀᴄᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
    Oh, not to worry, child, I'll be quick as I can
    Hm, you could go many places
    But how about we let that sharp mind flourish?

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Married 100
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 pm
    User Image
                                                          Song Lyrics here
                                                          User Image
                                                          ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Ashton was staring all around the hall as the first years were led toward the front. He'd heard about the sorting, though not exactly what it was about. Forest had been unsurprisingly tight-lipped about the event, and had given him a gruff 'You'll find out soon enough' when Ash had asked him. Still, he was excited nonetheless, and when his name was called after a hat (a singing hat, no less!) was brought out, he walked forward, eyeing the hat. He expected for something, really, but a hat just calling out the houses was... Well, it was rather boring, really. As the hat settled onto his head, he rolled his eyes and waited for it to call out whichever house it was going to, figuring that the hat had to be enspelled to randomly pick houses.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ◊ ENERGETIC Ashton is fairly energetic, wanting to be everywhere at once and do everything. He always seems to have boundless amounts of energy, and has a tendency to get in over his head by trying to do everything at once. He doesn't like being bored, as it gets him thinking and he doesn't like it when he starts thinking too much.
                                                              ◊ EGOTISTICAL Ashton is seemingly egotistical. He tries to make everything about himself, even if it could get him into trouble. He's constantly trying to be the center of attention, and sometimes seems to exude an aura of self-importance.
                                                              ◊ BROODING When Ashton has too much time to think, he can become broody. He starts reflecting on things he'd rather not remember or starts wondering if everything that's been said about him in the past is true. He doesn't like himself in those moments, and tries to avoid it as much as he can.
                                                              ◊ PROUD Ashton can become quite proud of himself, especially when it comes to his own accomplishments. Since it seems like no one else cares about what he does or what he accomplishes, he takes it upon himself to be his own cheerleader. He figures that he can try to feel good about what he's done.
                                                              ◊ FRIENDLY Ashton is quite friendly, even if sometimes he can seem a bit desperate for other people to talk to. He doesn't like to be rude or mean, and often works to help people out if he can. He also refuses to betray friends since he believes that maybe he can gain forgiveness that way, up to and even taking the blame for something he didn't do.
                                                              ◊ GUILTY Underneath it all, Ashton feels severe guilt for everything that's happened to his family. He figures that his father had to have known that he was a bad kid and left the family because of that fact, and his mother's current situation wouldn't exist if he hadn't been there. He tries very hard to cover up his feelings of guilt by trying to pretend to be something other than what he actually is, which is a depressed, lonely person.

════════════════════════

Thinking: It's just a hat. That's rather anticlimactic...
                                                          OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:44 pm
    User Image
                                                          Song Lyrics here
                                                          User Image
                                                          ════════════════════════

Uηsσrτεδ || Fιrsτ Ψεαr || Hαlfblσσδ

════════════════════════

Isolde waited, impatient witht he whole sorting and wanting to have her turn already. She already knew where she was going to go. She totally did! She was going to be going to her mum and dad's house. Obviously. She didn't care what Loke had said about her dad hating Gryffindor. He had to be lying. After all, how could Luke hate the house he went to? It made no sense to her. She waited until her name was called, and when she finally sat down and the hat was lowered onto her head, she smirked and thought really hard at the thing, 'Now listen up! I know you're going to sort me. I already know where, too. Let's just cut to the chase and call out Gryffindor, hrm?'

◊ BLUNT Isolde is blunt. She will give her opinion, no matter what it is and no matter if it will hurt or not. She doesn't like holding her tongue, and doesn't care if people don't like what she says. She just figures she's telling it like it is.
                                                              ◊ INTELLIGENT Isolde is highly intelligent. She can figure out a lot of problems, and work out solutions with ease. She also happens to be able to figure out with relative ease other people, though she does get things wrong at times.
                                                              ◊ JEALOUS Isolde does have a jealous streak. If someone gets something or is able to do something that she can't get or can't do, she ends up disliking the whole situation and making her displeasure known. While her family's tried to mitigate this, they've had limited success.
                                                              ◊ LOYAL Isolde is extremely loyal, which is ironic considering her envious nature. She's heard tales growing up about her parents and various aunts and uncles, and understands that good friends and family are hard to come by. As a result, she will step in and defend them if she feels she has to.
                                                              ◊ STUBBORN Once she sets her mind to something, Isolde is extremely stubborn. A combination of her high intelligence, her loyalty, and her jealousy don't exactly make this easy to deal with, either. Once she's made up her mind about something, she refuses to let it go.
                                                              ◊ SNEAKY Isolde has learned from her various aunts and uncles (and even her mum and dad, though they don't realize it) how to be sneaky. She figures it doesn't hurt to be able to get around easily without anyone knowing. She also happens to have the ability to manipulate people without their knowledge, though this isn't a guarantee it will always work.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I'm getting into where I belong!
                                                          OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:27 pm
    The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
    User Image

۞ Cenek ۞ Knapp ۞
    First Year Unsorted

▬▬"Quiet people notice everything..."▬▬

Cenek stole Sparrow. So it wasn't really stealing, he just sat next to her on the boat before Chadwick could. He wasn't sure what Chadwick had planned but Cenek wouldn't let Sparrow get hurt. It was about time that Chadwick had a taste of his own medicine anyways. When they entered the great hall, Cenek saw Aldrick talking with Lizzie, and Brook was staring at her plate of food, probably waiting for it to fill, and talking to Aidene. He saw Finley, the fun trumpeter they met, he gave a little wave, not knowing if Finley would remember him. Rhea was talking with August, and then he glanced at Hufflepuff, where he knew no one. He sighed, he would be fine anywhere probably, except Hufflepuff, he didn't know anyone there and would have to try hard to get any friends, without Chadwick ruining any friendships.

When it was his turn he went up and had the hat on his head, "Hello Mr. Hat, where will I go? He waited for his answer, looking out at all the eyes looking at him.

Caring Cenek wants to take care of everyone, he wants them all to be okay and invests himself deeply into anyone who comes to him.
    Calm Cenek tries to remain calm in any situation, keeping himself under control, even when it would seem impossible.
    Quiet Cenek keeps himself hushed, it is better to just be seen and not heard, that way there’s less to be blamed for
    Polite Cenek is very “Please sir” “Yes, Ma'am” He’ll go out of his way to hold a door open for someone, or to give a helping hand
    Opinionated Cenek has an opinion about everything, you say the color is red? No in his opinion the color is Scarlet Red. the only problem is, he doesn’t want to share his opinion, but boy does he have one.
    Well-read Cenek reads quite a bit to keep himself entertained, but out of trouble. He learns what he can from these books, and has a bit of random knowledge about a lot of things.

▬▬ "...But they do not get noticed." ▬▬

Where:
    With Whom:
    Thinking about:
    Wearing:
    OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

Dear boy, I don't think you'll struggle near as much as you think
    Making friends really isn't so hard
    But, hm, let's see, thoughtful, quiet, bit of a bookworm, eh?
    I know where you'll fit in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:22 pm
    The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
    User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
    First Year Unsorted

▬▬"Being the best is great, you're the number one."▬▬

Chadwick glared at his brother, how dare he sit next to his Sparrow. Oh well, that was besides the point, Chadwick could make it work elsewhere. He glared at his siblings being all happy and dorky. They were ridiculous, especially Cenek. He started bouncing with energy, how much longer could this sorting thing go?

After Cenek was called up to the hat Chadwick took Sparrow's hand and kissed her on the cheek, "Good luck my little Sparrow, I hope we're in the same house." Who cares if the entire school potentially just saw him kissing the girl on the cheek, Sparrow was his true love, everyone could know that.

Upon Cenek being sorted, Chadwick was called next. He sat down and said to the hat, "Hello Mr. Hat. I know you know where's best for me. Maybe in a house with Cenek? Or Even Sparrow? I could deal with little Finley too I guess, he seemed... not totally worthless." With that he waited to see what house the sorting hat would put him in.

Hyper Chadwick is known to always be moving in some way and tends to talk a mile a minute.
    Impassive Chadwick doesn’t show true emotion, he’ll wave any emotions away, they don’t really matter anyways.
    Obsessively Loud Chadwick wants to be heard, he will talk over anyone else that is talking, and usually that involves talking at a very loud volume.
    Manipulative Chadwick knows how to talk to people to make them do things how he wants them done. Whether that be having them change their appearance, or even just getting out of something he was supposed to do.
    Condescending and Conceited Chadwick believes he's more superior than everyone else, and isn’t afraid to tell others that. He can be quite snobby about everything. He is very vain and proud of himself, He’s convinced no one would ever deny him.
    Polite While he does believe he is better than everyone else, Chadwick realizes there's a point in which he should be polite to others. He will hold doors open for others (if they’re close enough that it’s not inconvenient), and use manners when talking to those older than him.

▬▬"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." ▬▬

Where: Sorting
    With Whom: Firsties
    Thinking about: Where are we going, who knows.
    Wearing: School Robes
    OOC: Open for Interaction

addaellis

_____

"Not totally worthless," big words from such a small boy
    I think you ought to learn some manners
    And I know just who will teach them to you

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:26 pm
    The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

first year || Unsorted || halfblood

Her Great-grandfather--no Alice’s Great-grandfather had told her a few words directly before she met the Knolles: ”It will be a new life, but it will be better. Be brave, Weslyn.” He had been right-- life at the farm had been strange, but better in so many ways. She only hoped that Hogwarts would be better than school in the city--better, even if strange. So far, it seemed okay--she’d loved the boat ride over: the water was cool and serene, she might’ve seen a long mermaid tail, and their companions had seemed friendly--or as nervous as she was.

As the deputy headmistress started calling names, Weslyn squeezed Kenny’s hand nervously, wondering if the Hat would call her birth name.

"Knolle, Kennebec.” Wes’s eyes shot wide when she realized she would have to let go of Kenny. She knew he could walk himself; if anything, she was the one that couldn’t walk alone. Gotta be brave for Kenny. With an extra squeeze on his arm, Wes let her brother go with a quiet ”Careful for the step.”

She watched him carefully, and clapped encouragingly at the house he was assigned. Then, before Wes really had time to worry again if he was in a different house than Yukon’s Hufflepuff, the deputy headmistress called the next name:

”Knolle, Weslyn.”

It took Wes a moment to realize her pleading from earlier had been answered. Yes, even according to the roster she was a true Knolle. Relieved, Weslyn made her way to the front and sat on the stool. But before the hat came down, she glimpsed the crowd of first years and the hall of strangers and squeezed her eyes shut, as though it would help hide her. Hands trembling against the edge of the stool, Weslyn awaited the hat’s judgement.

Please put me with Yukon and Kenny. Please put me with Yukon or Kenny. Please put me with Yukon or Kenny. Please put me with Yukon or Kenny.

setting Sorting 2048 || with First years, and Kenny until a moment ago
    wearing uniform || status PleaseputmewithYukonorKenny!!!!

Personality

INSECURE Weslyn carries a lot of self-doubt and her perception of herself constantly swings from “worthless” to “decent” and back. She tends to take criticism to heart, regardless of if these things are true or said in jest. When she does get praise or positive feedback, she’s either afraid it’s "just polite" or fears not living up to that expectation again. She’s afraid of not being smart enough, not being athletic enough, not being good enough--not being enough. And even if she were suddenly "enough", she's starting to question if she would be brave enough to do anything with it.

TIMID Even young, Weslyn learned that the safest way to be was to stay out of sight, stay quiet, and if told to do anything, do it quickly and without question. Weslyn also keeps herself bottled pretty tightly, her mask of “fine” secure-- she’s only seen anger expressed through violence, so she tries very hard to never feel anything like that and ruin her new family with it. The last three years with the Knolles have done wonders for her nervousness, but she's still very uncomfortable being away from the farm or Kenny.

HARDWORKING Whether that means diligently doing what she’s been told to or just playing by herself, Weslyn will find a way to stay busy and out of the way. While she wasn't great at school when she lived in the city, she did try her hardest anyways. She dreams of just one day waking up a great at everything-- then she'd be able to do more with that work!

HELPFUL Weslyn’s favorite way of staying busy is being useful, and she always wants to be helpful: she would never complain of being hungry while her birthparents were away, she lied to get them out of paying more for psychologist appointments, and she tries to be useful around the farm. While she doesn’t like the spotlight, Wes wants to be able to help other people succeed.She might not be the one to do the great thing, but she'd love to be good enough to be their secretary.

SENTIMENTAL Weslyn still has her baby blanket with her, and often turns to it for comfort at night. She clings to the objects, people and knowledge she does have, and hates losing things.

Kungfudemoness

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wake up, wake up, the sun cannot wait for long
    Reach out, reach out before it fades away
    You will find the warmth when you surrender
    Smile into the fear and let it play
    ✿❀
    ~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

There's no need to be so frightened, dear
    Hogwarts may be new and strange, but it is also wonderful
    Not to worry, though, I know exactly where to put you
    You'll soon feel right at home in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:29 pm
    The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image♥♡
    SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

first year || Unsorted || pureblood

As if her Sorting weren’t exciting enough, Sparrow had just gotten her first KISS! Of course, it was just a peck on the cheek, but her dearest darling Chadwick had kissed under candlelight, in front of the entire school--it was the picture of romance! She squealed and turned to hug him tight just before he was called up. Swept up by the enthusiasm of the Sorting, Sparrow cheered enthusiastically when anyone was sorted, and particularly when her friends--anyone whose name or surname she recognized-- were called.

”Winchester, Sparrow”

Finally! She’d daydreamed about this day all summer and had many many discussions with everyone from her family about their thoughts and opinions. With a squeal, Sparrow ran up to the stool, her pink heels sparkling and her bright pink hair flying behind her. Her thoughts were immediately bursting in greeting for the hat.

“Good evening Most-Important-Decision-Making Hat! I’ve been looking forward to meeting you for sooooooo long and you look every bit as wise as a hat ought to! I hope you put me witih my true love Chadwick! Or with my BFFs Cenek or Aria! I heard Gryffindor throws the best parties and I’m definitely a life of the party kinda gal so that would be fun, oh but Hufflepuff is supposed to be super friendly and so many people in my family have been there so—oh but Ravenclaw is probably where all the creative future playwrights and storytellers would be? Sona’s there! And I heard Slytherin common room is under the lake, how cool is that? And Wren and Tanzizi are there! But wherever you put me I’m sure will be the right place and I promise I’ll definitely make friends in other houses and I already have plans to find and befriend all of my family’s friends so don’t worry, you’ll make the right choice and—“ Sparrow kept thinking to the Hat, barely able to contain them to mere thoughts. But the moment she heard the Hat speak in her head she hushed with an excited gasp.

setting On the train || with Chadwick!, Cenek, Aria, and plenty of new soon-to-be-friends!
    hair color pink, tied in a bow with ringlets || wearing uniform and sparkly pink (slight) heels
    status HELLO Most-Important-Decision-Making Hat! I'VE BEEN DYING TO MEET YOU.

Personality

DRAMATIC Sparrow thinks that life is a musical and people should burst out into song more. As part of this, she will occasionally break into dramatic soliloquy, dress up in costumes and themes. She also tries very hard to make a fun story out of everything.

FRIENDLY Sparrow is always enthusiastic to meet people, talk, and generally make new friends: She is a sponge for new stories, feelings, and perspectives, and gathers experiences like treasures. This is also how she acts: by finding an exemplar and copying.

IMPATIENT Sparrow’s hobbies and interests change regularly. While she always gives her 1129% to her current project and can hold her attention and interest long enough to master a scene or part, once mastered, she wants to be doing the next scene or thing. Long projects or rehearsals are frustrating because she has to constantly be seeing progress or become disheartened and will quickly flit to the next shiny project. On that note, she always has a few projects or extracurricular classes going on to keep her mind fresh.

PROUD Sparrow is quite proud of her lineage, herself, and her accomplishments. She doesn’t take back what she says, but will apologize and make amends if she thinks necessary. She is secure in the stability of her family situation and quite confident in her ability to play whatever her role is in the coming act of her life. This assuredness has given her an ability to brush off any comments like her brother's negativity or any unhelpful criticism--after freaking out about it for a solid hour or so, of course. And assuming she correctly judges what is helpful and what is not.

IDEALISTIC Sparrow tends to idealize things one way or another, and for the most part she has a rose-tinted view on how things will "end up". She is enamored with ideas like generosity, poetic justice, and most of all, romance. Her idealism may be the only thing to contrast her impatience though, as it keeps her committed long enough to see her vision of a performance through.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
    See the line where the sky meets the sea
    It calls me
    And no one knows, how far it goes
    If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
    One day I'll know
    If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go
    ♡♥
    ~"How Far I'll Go," by Auli'i Cravalho from Moana, cover by Caleb Hyles.

Goodness, but you're quite a lot, aren't you?
    I mean that in the best way possible, of course
    They'll greatly appreciate your enthusiasm in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:32 pm
    The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
    You're talkin' to me like a child
    Hey I've got news, I'm not a little girl
    And no I won't give you a little twirl
    You're talkin' to me like I'm sad
    Hey I've got news, I'm not doin' too bad

User Image
    C E L E S T E
    J O A N
    S H O I C H E T

HALFBLOOD │ UNSORTED │ FIRST YEAR

One queasy boat ride late, Cella filed in with the rest of the first years to the Great Hall. As her mother was a professor, she had in fact visited Hogwarts before, but they'd never made a habit of it, and she'd certainly never seen the Great Hall like this, packed with murmuring students and full of floating candles, whispering ghosts, and twinkling stars in the night sky above them. She gaped, eyes wide, at least until she remembered that her mum was watching from the Head Table. Cella reluctantly made eye contact, flushing when Elsie gave a cheery little wave in her direction. At least she hadn't cheered or called out to her or anything. Cella was frequently disturbed by her mother's more.... free-spirited ways. Of course, her mum and her best friend happened to have a lot in common, but what she liked in Ella wasn't as embarrassing as it was in a parent. 'Lovette' came long before 'Shoichet', of course, and Cella grew increasingly anxious after she'd been separated from her best friend, trying not to fidget or look as nervous as she felt. Logically, she had nothing to be afraid of, and her mum was right there... Emotionally, she still looked stricken when her name was finally called, as if receiving an exam grade. Cella quickly walked up to the stool and took her seat, clenching her hands tightly in her lap so as to look less uneasy.

OOC:
    VAIN
    xxx»» Celeste freely admits to being a pretty vain person. She thinks rather highly of herself but can also be incredibly insecure at times, leading to her resenting or feeling jealous of others to comfort herself. She's very particular about her appearance and focused on not just her physical looks, but her intellect and demeanor and whether or not other people believe she is an impressive or intimidating person. Being ignored or dismissed is a terrible thing for her and she wants to be the center of attention, but for the right (complimentary) reasons.

EXACTING
    xxx»» Celeste is very demanding and precise with how she wants things to be. She can't stand it when her clothes are stained, faded, or torn, she won't eat something if it's plated sloppily or a sort of messy/haphazard presentation, she wants to get perfect scores, and she absolutely wants everything she comes into contact with to be, for lack of a better term, flawless. Celeste's motto is 'if you're going to do something, do it right the first time'. She's very careful and possessive of all her belongings and despises mess and careless people.

AMBITIOUS
    xxx»» Celeste is naturally very ambitious. She has high expectations for herself and very clearly outlined goals she wants to meet. She doesn't want to go through life 'stumbling around' and very much desires to be the best, or at least one of the best, at anything she tries her hand at. Because of this she tends to reject many activities or hobbies that she does not immediately succeed at. She also tends to want to compete with others to get the upper hand, and it can be hard for her to just 'relax' and take thing less seriously.

WELL MANNERED
    xxx»» Cella, for all of her flaws, has always been a very polite person. Yes, she can be extremely competitive, jealous, and/or self-centered, but she's certainly not rude to people, and she's not at all the type to go about provoking arguments or insulting others. Although she can be very passive aggressive when irritated or antagonized. Generally, she prides herself on keeping her composure and not getting caught up in the heat of the moment, even when her temper is sparked.

EXPRESSIVE
    xxx»» Cella is an artistic person at heart, as rigid as she can be in other areas of her life. She loves looking at the beauty of the world around her, she can be surprisingly creative, and she loves pretty things and using big, grandiose words to describe them. Sometimes she can't see the forest for the trees, but there is still a part of her that loves to create and do things just because, not always if there's a prize or achievement at stake, and it comes out most when she is happy and content, such as when she is baking or ice skating or just flying on her broom during the first snowfall.

SELF-ASSURED
    xxx»» To no one's surprise, Celeste has always been a very confident and poised person. She can be insecure and worry that she is failing her own expectations at times, but generally she keeps a fairly positive outlook for herself and tries not to get too agitated about the future. Her mother's calming techniques usually come in handy here, even if she hates to admit it. Mostly she wants to be able to keep a cool head even the pressure is heating up.

Quote:

Even though sometimes I might get real mad
    You're talkin' to me like a child
    But my words are growin' stronger
    And my legs keep gettin' longer
    I do a lot of stupid stuff but don't act like you're so tough

There's no need to be so anxious, dear
    Let's have a look, confident, determined, and you know exactly what you want, don't you?
    You'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:35 pm
    The Sorting Hat

MsMorbidity
    User Image
    ► Aubrey Lewis ◄

First Year ♤ Unsorted ♤ Halfblood

▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨

where: the great hall
    with: everyone
    thinking: oh no.
    wearing: school robes

A long train ride. A long boat ride. She was tired, she had been tired for days with the stress of a new place building up. Aubrey had watched the joyful meetings, the giggles between friends, the small rivalries that were building and she felt so.. out of place. The glorious building of the school itself was breathtaking. The towers that pierced the clouds and the lights that reflected off of the lake's surface. It was a castle.

Abe rubbed her eyes slowly as she walked along with the rest of the first years. The noise of the main hall woke her up. It had to be.. at least a few hundred people just sitting at their tables to create a sea of laughter and applause. Student after student went up, was sorted into their houses, and the cheers from their tables was loud enough that she could feel it in the floor. Not every day would be like this, she knew that, but it was overwhelming. Even if it was a fright it wasn't... the worst. But her sweet owl Parvus couldn't be with her. He was up in the owlery already.

Her breath caught in her throat as her name was called. She stepped forwards confidently, her polished shoes clicking against the floor as she went up and sat on the stool. She placed her hands into her lap, her hands shaking as she twisted them into her robes. Ravenclaw, where Aunt Lori and Uncle Harve went. Hufflepuff, where her mom went. Gryffindor where her dad went. Slytherin? No one. She didn't know if she had really had anything in common with the rest of her family, but maybe this was a turning point. Maybe she could learn something from this whole experience. She closed her eyes and took a slow breath to wait for the decision to be made.

▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨

ooc:

Attentive
    Pairing with one of her strengths, being detail-oriented, Abe tends to focus on subtle and most of the time meaningless tidbits of information that the world is constantly giving out. The pitch of someone's voice, how they usually express themselves, or another irregularity is something that she'd be able to perceive.

Independent
    Being headstrong comes an internal drive that keeps her on her feet. The need to keep going, to keep succeeding, and the desire for more shaped her into a functional child. She can make her own meals when she's hungry, and knows her limits when it comes to exhaustion. She doesn't enjoy being told what she can figure out for herself, and disregards it.

Straightforward
    Aubrey doesn't take the time to play the social games that come as a prerequisite in most social circles. She's blunt and straight to the point, and if she finds a conversation tiring will jump to the end. This applies with conversations she's close to if she has the appropriate information, cutting through the niceties and delivering the hard blow.

Private
    She has a hard time opening up to anyone. Abe hasn't had a person she can really sit down and discuss how she feels before, and doesn't plan on searching someone out for that purpose. She keeps to herself, and is comfortable with it.

Impulsive
    Abe's the kind of child to take the punches as they come, rather than being able to lay out a functional plan. She can fake her way through most things, but she tends to overwhelm herself without a set purpose. Most often it's the first option that she'll take, even when that option results in undesirable consequences.

Selfish
    If she can be benefited she will take it. It could be as simple as getting a chocolate frog to agree for someone to sit next to her. She wouldn't be apposed to cheating, bribery, or misinformation if it got her what she wanted.

Don't worry so much about not being like your family
    Yourself is the most impressive thing you can be
    And I think you'll find you quite like yourself, you'll see

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:41 pm
    The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
    User Image
    Willow Winifred Hill
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Unsorted First Year
    Eleven Year Old Half Wood Nymph

Location : Hogsmeade Station → Great Hall

Willow followed Mr. Murdoch to the boats and enjoyed the ride across the lake. They were then passed off to Professor Harlowe the deputy headmistress. She took them to in front of the great hall. Getting the run down of the houses like students before. Willow stood quietly in waiting for the moment when they would walk in and be sorted. She felt slightly nervous but found she was fair more excited then she had before. It was almost time. Though, she remained patient through it all.

Once requested to enter the great hall, Willow took on last glance at her outfit. It looked alright from her point of view. Walking into the room full of students, Willow felt her nerves take over. She looked to the enchanted sky and found a sense of comfort in them. She always did. Scanning the tables, she searched for her sisters. Easier said then done in a crowded room. Luckily when scanning the head table, it was quite easy to find her father. She smiled brightly knowing family was with her for this moment.

When Willow’s name was called (which it didn’t take long) she walked up to the stool. Taking a seat, she glanced up at the mysterious magical hat. ‘Hello Mr. Sorting Hat, I hear you can read minds. Like the important stuff. So, I just want you to know I’ll be alright with anywhere you put me. You probably know best with how long you’ve been sorting people.’ She though smiling to herself. Who wouldn’t trust the words of a magical all-knowing hat? Willow sure did.

Status : Mixed emotions (Excited mostly)
                                                    Company : Other first years...

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                        ■ GENTLE Willow has a very kind and gentle nature be it with plants or people. She’s not the pushy type at all when it comes to conversation, and she does her best not to hurt others. Especially plants. When it comes to things, she’s not the make a mess type either. In fact, you’d never see her break a thing as she doesn’t want to get in trouble for it.
                                                        ■ QUIET With her gentle nature she’s also rather quiet. As a young child she never was the type to throw a tantrum. In truth she only ever nudged people for attention or gently tugging on an available piece of loss clothing. That stuck as she grew leading her tapping someone or saying a quiet word to get the attention of someone. Though seemingly shy at first, she shows a completely different light once you get to truly know her. Being quiet doesn’t mean she won’t speak up when she has something to say. Be rest assured she will say what’s on her mind if it is important.
                                                        ■ CONTENT Willow has truly never been a brat. She’s very appreciative of what she has. Never wanting more then what she has already been given. She is content with the way her life has been and will end up being. In many ways she’s an optimist never lingering on the bad. Though it happens, she knows good can come out of it. As satisfied as she is with things, she is also very simple. She doesn’t need nor want anything fancy. Being perfectly content with the simple things in life.
                                                        ■ OBSERVANT From a young age Willow enjoyed watching things. Taking in all she could she found herself being very cautious of her surroundings. Although not concerned about potential danger until it may arise, she is well aware of what’s going on around her. At times being able to even share what she observed during an instance that may not apply to her. Like recalling that there was an owl in a nearby tree. Some might not care to notice a stray bird flying by, but Willow tries to take it all in.
                                                        ■ LOYAL Willow loves being with her sisters and doing the things they are doing. As such she’s very loyal to her family and would never leave their side. She supports them with everything they do good, bad, or otherwise. She is determined to give support and help to those who need it. Be it a human being or a plant she wants to help any way she can. You’ll find she’s quite dependable if you ever need her around.
                                                        ■ TRUSTING Along with Willow’s loyalty she’s also extremely trusting. Thus, making her extremely gullible. Believing in what people are saying she doesn’t often question them. And, if someone says they’ll be there she typically believes they will be. When she does find out that someone has lied to her, she’s certainly isn’t happy about it as one would expect. Luckily, she’s not the type to blow up and is quick to move on from it. That’s not to say that she’s still not bothered by the fact that she fell for it in the first place.

Your confidence is quite refreshing, my dear
    Now then, a kind and true heart,
    Joyful and gracious
    I know just where to put you

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:46 am
    The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
    User Image
    Eliza Ann Whitmore
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Unsorted First Year
    Twin Eleven Year Old Seer

Eliza Ann went to Kings Cross with her parents and brother. It was a happy time and a sad time for her as she was leaving her twin behind. She imagined not many twins had to be separated like they were. Saying goodbye, she promised to tell him all about the sorting the moment she got the chance. The train ride was hard being without her twin, but she got through it.

Arriving at Hogsmeade station Eliza Ann was dressed in her uniform. It was for the most part presentable. She followed the adults from the station onto the boats, across the lake, and into the castle. Waiting to enter the great hall, she thought of all the stuff she was going to tell her brother. It was already an adventure.

Entering the great hall, Eliza Ann wished she had her camera handy. The ceiling was amazing! She was sort of grateful it was because her name didn’t give her any favours. Standing among the rest of her first-year mates, Eliza listened to those sorted before her. She wondered what truly went on before the hat called out a house. It was sort of weird hearing a hat talk, but she shouldn’t be surprised.

Finally, her name was called. Eliza Ann took a breath and made her way up to the stool. ‘Time to be judged.’ She thought as she sat down. She didn’t exactly care where she ended up since both her parents were Hufflepuffs. She wouldn’t mind being sorted there. Though if she was somewhere else then perhaps it would be an even better adventure. She wouldn’t mind exploring the unknown. ‘Where is this adventure going to take me…?’ She pondered to herself as she waited.

Status : Excited / Annoyed at her name...
                                                    Company : Other first years...

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                        ■ ADVENTUROUS Out of the two, Eliza Ann is by far the most adventurous next to her brother. She’s always looking for the next exciting thing to come around the corner and she’s always up for something new. No matter the risks, she’s rather daring under any circumstance really and she doesn’t let her fears scare her off from a good time. Though, she’s far from being impulsive or totally reckless. She thinks her actions through quite a bit, she just won’t let small things deter her from going for it.
                                                        ■ VIGILANT Eliza Ann is rather attentive when it comes to things around her. When looking for the next great adventure she’s careful not to land herself in a heap of trouble, at least not one that she can’t get herself out of. Being very aware of possible dangers, Eliza is pretty wary of what’s heading her way. She pays attention, even to the little things. She sees the tiny details that most don’t even notice. She’s also capable of seeing beauty in the oddest of places.
                                                        ■ CREATIVE Finding the beauty in things is no surprise for someone who’s number one interest is photography. Eliza Ann seeing the beauty in everything. Even the smallest of places will turn up something special and/or unique in her eyes. Being very creative she finds enjoyment in most forms of art, from sketching to taking pictures. Though she’ll never say she’s the most original artist in the family.
                                                        ■ LIVELY Eliza Ann is rather enthusiastic about life. Some might even say overzealous. She’s full of energy when it comes to everyday things. Being extremely active, she hardly ever sits and does nothing. In fact, she has to be doing something be it taking a photograph or exploring the world around her. Aside from being overly energetic and a social butterfly at that, she is also extremely hardworking. She’ll work harder than anyone she knows. Never giving up when things get tough, she’ll put a solid A+ effort into the task she’s set off to do.
                                                        ■ EMOTIONAL To say that Eliza Ann is a hundred percent emotionally stable all the time would be inaccurate. She’s easily bothered by things. From the way her brother is feeling to others around her. She puts her heart and soul into everything be it a friendship to a project she’s come up with. So, when things don’t work out it’s not out of character that she has outbursts that otherwise leave her very stressed out and tired afterwards.

You're looking for adventure, eh?
    Well then, I know just where to put you

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 am
    The Sorting Hat

EmrysStorm
    I had a dream
    I got everything I wanted
    But when I wake up, I see
    You with me
    And you say, "As long as I'm here
    No one can hurt you
    User Image
    User Image

𝕌𝕟𝕤𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕄𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 ℕ𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕒𝕤𝕥

Sean rode with his sister on the train though for parts of it she flit back and forth between friends and acquaintances. He didn't mind though since he was used to her doing so at home and knew it wasn't because she just didn't want to spend time with him. He was miffed though that she tried to scare him about the sorting since, while not entirely sure, he was sure he didn't actually have pull an actual animal from a hat (though imagining Cassie pulling a lion out of one was sorta amusing and terrifying). The train ride also gave him a decent enough nap before he was shaken awake to put on his robes and meet with the other first years. Sean tried to be friendly but he mostly stayed on the outskirts of some of the groups as they made their way into the boats and across the dark lake. When they made it into the castle and he was able to finally see Hogwarts up close, a fantastical sight that he almost itching to draw later, he saw the deputy headmistress pull out a hat and nearly fainted thinking his sister actually hadn't been lying. But then she just said the hat would tell them where they'd go after being on their head and he felt dumb for ever thinking otherwise. His name was called after a short wait and while gratified he didn't have to actually do much, he was still nervous as he made his way over to the stool spotting his sister giving a large grin and thumbs up. Sean could only muster a weak grin as he finally climbed upon the stool and felt the hat descend. "Would it be rude to be worried about lice?" he whispered to himself.
                                                    Personality Sean is very mild mannered and would sooner nap that engage in any type of confrontation. He doesn't have much of a temper rather allowing someone to get one over on him that potentially make waves, much to the annoyance of those close to him, but as long as he's not actually hurt he's fine with it. Though just because he's lazy most of the time doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use his cuteness to occasionally get what he wants. He's been told his dimples are deadly and he uses this knowledge regularly. He does have occasional moods where he would rather not be around anyone and takes solace in his now permanent pillowfort in his bedroom but these are few and far in between. He greatly enjoys learning about any and everything with his curiosity being the only non-mild thing about him.

Don't wanna lie here
    But you can learn to
    If I could change
    The way that you see yourself
    You wouldn't wonder why you're here
    They don't deserve you"

{Wearing: Uniform} {Where: Great Hall} {With: Everyone??} {Thoughts: How often do they wash this thing?}

Asking if it's rude is the same as asking outright, you know
    Let's see then, you're a tricky one, eh?
    Mellow, a little manipulative, and clever
    Well, let's see if you can learn a little diligence in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:54 am
    The Sorting Hat

kiska166
    User Image
                                                  ╔════════════════════════╗
                                                  Penelope Barrett
                                                  Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                                  ╚════════════════════════╝

Penelope dreaded having to sit in front of the entire student body and faculty as the Sorting Hat decided on her fate. Couldn’t they figure this out privately and then send her off to a meeting with her housemates? That idea wasn’t the best either, but at least it was an improvement on the current process. Penny anxiously waited for her name to be called – at least her last name began with a B, so this was going to be over for her a lot quicker than for many of the other first years. After what seemed like only a handful of students, “Penelope Barrett!” was called out, and the eleven year old made her way to the stage.

She was very aware that all eyes fell onto her. However, she did her best to avoid making eye contact with anyone. Once her house was called, she quickly scanned the tables to make sure she was at least heading in the right direction. How embarrassing would it have been to show up at the wrong table? It all happened so quickly that she didn’t even really realize where she was sorted although she had hoped for Gryffindor – the house where both of her parents were sorted into as kids.

SHY When Penelope has something on her mind, she tends to keep it to herself until she's comfortable enough with someone else to share it. It usually takes her quite a bit of time to get used to a new person. She absolutely dreads being the center of attention.
                                                  DARING Although she doesn't like attention, Penny is always up to try something new, even if she's afraid. It takes a lot of courage and effort on her part, but she's able to push past her own boundaries.
                                                  LOVING Penelope does what she can to show someone that she loves them although she usually doesn't say she loves them or why, even if she feels that they love her, too. She also supports those that she cares for 100% as long as she thinks their decision is what is best for them. She is a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words.
                                                  CLEVER Penelope can usually find a way to get out of a bad situation, whether it be talking or acting her way out of it. She knows what her strengths are and uses them to her advantage.
                                                  SELFISH Penny wants what she wants when she wants it, and she does whatever it takes to get it, even if that means hurting someone else. She's usually too concerned with her own desires to consider anyone else's thoughts or feelings. If someone is trying to stand in between her and the thing she wants, she becomes hot-tempered very quickly.
                                                  ENERGETIC Penelope can't sit still for more than five seconds. She becomes very antsy if she has to sit for long periods of time as she is used to always being up on her feet dancing.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Everything was beautiful at the ballet
                                                  And I was happy at the ballet

Gryffindor, eh? Well then
    A little shy, but you've certainly got guts
    Yes, I think that'll do nicely

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:58 am
    The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
    User Image
                                                          Song Lyrics here
                                                          User Image
                                                          ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Ashton was staring all around the hall as the first years were led toward the front. He'd heard about the sorting, though not exactly what it was about. Forest had been unsurprisingly tight-lipped about the event, and had given him a gruff 'You'll find out soon enough' when Ash had asked him. Still, he was excited nonetheless, and when his name was called after a hat (a singing hat, no less!) was brought out, he walked forward, eyeing the hat. He expected for something, really, but a hat just calling out the houses was... Well, it was rather boring, really. As the hat settled onto his head, he rolled his eyes and waited for it to call out whichever house it was going to, figuring that the hat had to be enspelled to randomly pick houses.

◊ ENERGETIC Ashton is fairly energetic, wanting to be everywhere at once and do everything. He always seems to have boundless amounts of energy, and has a tendency to get in over his head by trying to do everything at once. He doesn't like being bored, as it gets him thinking and he doesn't like it when he starts thinking too much.
                                                              ◊ EGOTISTICAL Ashton is seemingly egotistical. He tries to make everything about himself, even if it could get him into trouble. He's constantly trying to be the center of attention, and sometimes seems to exude an aura of self-importance.
                                                              ◊ BROODING When Ashton has too much time to think, he can become broody. He starts reflecting on things he'd rather not remember or starts wondering if everything that's been said about him in the past is true. He doesn't like himself in those moments, and tries to avoid it as much as he can.
                                                              ◊ PROUD Ashton can become quite proud of himself, especially when it comes to his own accomplishments. Since it seems like no one else cares about what he does or what he accomplishes, he takes it upon himself to be his own cheerleader. He figures that he can try to feel good about what he's done.
                                                              ◊ FRIENDLY Ashton is quite friendly, even if sometimes he can seem a bit desperate for other people to talk to. He doesn't like to be rude or mean, and often works to help people out if he can. He also refuses to betray friends since he believes that maybe he can gain forgiveness that way, up to and even taking the blame for something he didn't do.
                                                              ◊ GUILTY Underneath it all, Ashton feels severe guilt for everything that's happened to his family. He figures that his father had to have known that he was a bad kid and left the family because of that fact, and his mother's current situation wouldn't exist if he hadn't been there. He tries very hard to cover up his feelings of guilt by trying to pretend to be something other than what he actually is, which is a depressed, lonely person.

════════════════════════

Thinking: It's just a hat. That's rather anticlimactic...
                                                          OOC:

-◎-

Song Lyrics Here

Nothing random about this at all, boy
    There's more to me than meets the eye
    Unless you'd like to have your innermost thoughts broadcast to the room?
    No? Well then, I think you'll find yourself right at home in

Gryffindor!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff
    Gaia's Games
    Mini-Games