Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Sal shrugged. "Unless you know any other sponses, you might just have to play the field. Go to someplace where rich people hang out. Like somewhere with caviar, and big fountains, and expensive clothes, and why am I still helping you with this..."

She nodded at the business card in Helena's hand. "Get fresh and talk with rich people."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:36 pm
The only one she knew was Grant and he wasn't returning her calls. Nor were those calls even making it to her voicemail. "Yeah, I'll try to find one that hopefully isn't evil." She'd look at Salieri and force a smile, this one didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Was there anything else you wanted to talk about?"  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:46 pm
Salieri had felt deflated a moment ago, then perked up when she saw an opening. Reflexively, after trying to keep cool (by her standards), she couldn't resist the urge to pull a number out from the little sister playbook Helena probably knew as well.

She smiled wickedly. "I mean, we could talk about that time Zack and I bonded." Sal interlaced her fingers together, slowly. "See, at first it was just hands..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
"If you say one more word I will have sex with your brother after we find him!" Helena said before she could stop herself, clearly flustered. Then, on a high of making bad life choices she added, "I'll peg him, too." Thank you, Azucena, for teaching that one.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:55 pm
"Pssh." Sal flicked fake dirt on her shoulder and stuck out her tongue. "You're not the first girl to tell me that."

And that was true.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:00 pm
Helena sighed as she looked at Salieri, shaking her head and then looking toward her friends. "After I win the league," she looked to Salieri again, but her eyes were still not lit up. Some tired sadness behind them. "And after all of this is over, we should start over."

Then she'd point toward her friends. "I'm gonna go, okay?"  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:19 pm
"Don't get sappy." Sal shooed Helena away with a flick of the wrist. "Get outta here before I have to tell you again there's no way you're winning the League. Especially cuz I'm in it."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:23 pm
"Sorry, I can't hear you because of how beneath me you are!" Helena shouted as she skipped away from Salieri and back to her friends.

"I need a date to this Balibar dinner," Helena said as she looked out at the three of them.

Henrietta immediately shied away, Azucena waved her hands 'no' and Bridgette immediately volunteered.

"A romantic date," Helena said to try and dissuade the girl and Bridgette snorted.

"You know, Hels, you're not as straight as you want everyone to think. Come on everyone." Helena turned bright red but had no retort. Especially not after Azucena started laughing, following after Bridgette.

"Sorry," Henrietta mouthed and followed after.

About an fifteen minutes later, Helena arrived in Lumiose city via the pokecenter teleport system. She used the card to get her to the address of the dress designer and when she peaked in she could feel her wallet quiver in fear and excitement. Or maybe that was her stomach. Everything in the shop was beautiful and perfect and expensive.

Helena stood outside of the little shop, mouth agape as she stared at the dresses through the window.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:56 pm
Salieri rolled her eyes and huffed. Helena hadn't been attacked by the Darkhorse Hunters yet. Now it was only a matter of time. She considered texting Zack, and decided against it. She didn't want to think about this all day. Besides, she could tell him later.

Her eyes scanned outside the Gym. Where was Matheson? He took long pee breaks, but this was ridiculous. Sal wandered inside the building for the second time today, looking for him.

Lumiose City - Boutique Couture

"I could ask my father."

Juliet mused out loud while wandering between the long racks of dresses. Kallikrates trailed behind her. Not every Pokémon was allowed inside Boutique Couture. Only the clean ones. Juliet had been in and out of the store for months, so the store owners had grown fond of the Ninetales and praised her majesty every visit.

The reason Juliet was always in and out was because, ostensibly, she was shopping for wedding dresses. She'd even been fitted a few times. Every visit ended with the same 'Maybe' or 'I'll think on it'. It was because of her status, and the professionalism of the staff, that they never spoke up on her habit. Having a high noblewoman make regular appearances boosted their customers circulation too.

"But I doubt he'd know why they were sponsored either. I don't have any concrete connections to the Balibars."
"And Matheson?" Kallikrates hissed, whispering back to her trainer. The blue fox didn't want anyone outside of her most trusted companions to know she could speak. That secret still wouldn't stifle her voice. There was a playful thrill to it, knowing that every word was a risk but she hadn't been caught in decades.
"I'm not dragging him into my worries. Protecting Kalosians is my duty."
"And his. Confide in your friends, Juliet." Her namesake tails brushed against a row of silk fabric as she weaved away from other customers. "It'll alleviate your burden."
"I do, Kalli." Juliet smirked. "I confide in you."
"That's not what I mean," Kallikrates said sadly.

A saleswoman came up to her. "Anything catch your eye, Miss Nostrad?"
Juliet gave he a polite bow. "Just perusing, Annie."
"I see. Carry on. I'll be around if you need anything." She bowed back and circulated the racks again.

Juliet sighed. She asked herself, What am I doing here?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:04 pm
Lumiose City - Boutique Couture

"Is that Helena Redgrave?" A posh man said as he stepped from the back of the shop. "Why she better not stay out there," the man said as he stepped outside and grabbed her by the hand. "These clothes are disgusting, come inside."

"W-wait!" Helena said, though the man had a strong grip and she couldn't pull away. Instead he pulled her inside of the boutique entrance, brought his hands up to either side of her head and said "oh, you are just so gorgeous." He kissed each of her cheeks and sighed as he stepped back, letting her go.

Completely frazzled, Helena just stood there for a moment stunned.

"I thought your assistant would be here handling all of your clothing needs, though." he eyed her up and down. "I could certainly get you some street clothes."

So this is Franz Lawson. "Uhm, no, thank you. I got some advice," Helena chose her words carefully, keeping Salieri's name out of her mouth while being honest enough to hopefully seem trustworthy, "that I should hang out where rich people do. I'm trying to find a date, for a party."

"Bertrand Balibar's party," Franz said, always loud, always projecting his wonderful silky voice. "I am figuring out your outfit right now, but I'm sure all you need to do is say that's where you're going and they will jump on you. By the way, when you do find a date - cause you will - please bring them by I could make sure you two match that will be so cute."

Helena, still flustered and off-guard, simply stared at him. "Uhhhh, yeah, I'll do that."  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:22 pm
Juliet took a dress off the rack, looking in the collar for the tag. A foreigner was invited to Bertrand's party? Could it be the same one Benedict was attending? She snuck a sideways glance to see who they were.

Helena Redgrave. 16, 5'4". Unovan, hailing from Castelia City. As of this morning, she had 3 badges. Juliet could rattle off some of her roster and their moves as well. She'd done her research on all the participants of the Fishbone incident as part of her case report. She does resemble her brother.

Juliet wandered in the general direction of Helena and Franz, her hands drifting along the hangars as she browsed and listened in. Kallikrates was already on the prowl, slinking between and below the racks to watch from another perspective.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:45 pm
"Stay right there, I'm gonna find you something better to wear than that." Franz said.

"I can't afford it!" Helena retorted and he laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll charge your sponsor for it." Franz said, waving off her concern as he stepped into the backroom.

That left Helena alone, standing there awkwardly. Looking up at a small television behind the cashier desk she'd see her match being replayed with some coverage and a headline that read "Sponsored by Lord Bertrand Balibar himself! Helena Redgrave and Benedict Montgomery."

Sighing, she'd look away from it and her eyes would fall on a woman taller than herself. With a sword and a miscolored Ninetails following alongside her. There was something about her face, her features. The fierceness of her eyes, the immaculate look of her clothing and hair, the sheer badassery of thes word. Helena couldn't stop staring at her, lips parted leaving her mouth slightly agape.

It would take her about ten seconds to realize she was staring, plenty of time for Juliet to notice.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:53 pm
Juliet put a shirt back on a shelf, glanced quickly at the TV, then turned to face Helena.

"Can I help you?" she asked, poised and polite.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 pm
Helena's cheeks flushed when Juliet broke her fixation and she reflexively tense up. "Sorry," she said, averting her gaze to anywhere else as she turned. "No, I.." The last few days being so close to Azucena and Henrietta, plus Bridgette's comment put her mind into a certain perspective now.

Deciding to take a bold step and admit something to herself, as well as to Juliet, she'd say "you're just really pretty." She looked over at the cashier counter again, equal parts embarrassed and afraid of making Juliet feel uncomfortable. Helena knew what it was like to be stared at.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:09 pm
"Oh," Juliet said quietly, almost squeaking. That was unexpected.

And yet, somehow the perfect opening.

"Helena Redgrave, right? I had a feeling I'd run into you eventually." She held out her hand. "Juliet Nostrad."  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games