Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image
                                                            You let your 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔱 run ᗯ𝕀Ĺ𝔻
                                                            𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 has 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 as we all go dₒwₙ
                                                            Yeah but for the
                                                            ϝαʅʅ—oh, ᎷᎩ
                                                            Do you
                                                            DΛЯΣ to look them r̷i̷g̷h̷t̷ in the eyes?

Tori walked up to the sorting hat when his name was called and sat down on the stool. He wasn't really sure how he was supposed to feel about the sorting. He didn't really know much about the houses beyond what his new friends had told him, and he wasn't sure if he was supposed to be worried about getting one house or another. He just hoped he was sorted with his friends.

With a deep breath she closed her eyes as the hat was plopped onto her head
                                                            'Hello Mr. Hat... or are you a Mrs. Hat? Or maybe you're like me! Oh well hello. Please put me where you think I'll do best I guess.'

■ GENTLE Tori is above all else, gentle. He tries his best to only use force when absolutely necesarry and thinks his words can solve most problems. He is always picking up strays whether they be animal or human. He is positive that all his kind actions will be repaid eventually. Not that he does them for any repayment in the first place. He just believes if you put good into the universe good will be returned upon you.
                                                            ■ QUIET Tori is very quiet. She doesn't like to raise her voice and thinks that loud people are usually compensating for a lack of self-confidence. Being quiet doesn't mean she has low self esteem or that she is undeserving of being heard. She just believes that those who want to listen to her, will do so no matter how quiet she is.
                                                            ■ SENSITIVE Tori calls herself an empath. She is very aware of the emotions of those around her and can easily get stressed out by negative energy in a room. She finds it difficult to be around negative emotions for long periods of time, but also feels the need to help those experiencing the negativity as much as she possibly can. In the same note, tons of positive energy can also wear her out from the opposite effect. Always being on, is as exhausting as fighting to not turn off. She prefers the company of those who can find a balance between both extremes.
                                                            ■ CANDID Tori is honest to a fault. He is always as truthful as he can be without hurting feelings, and will never try to hide things he thinks are important for someone to know. He feels all his emotions honestly and openly, and is always willing to discuss problems instead of hiding them or ignoring them.
                                                            ■ ALTRUISTIC Tori puts others before himself constantly. He prefers to make sure those he cares about are okay and healthy over himself and will put up with a lot of trouble if it means the happiness of his friends and family. Although he knows that allowing himself to be harmed isn't the best idea, he can't help but allow it to happen for the good of those around him.
                                                            ■ LOYAL Tori loves fully and honestly. She will stand by her friends and family until the edge of despair and still not leave. Her support for those she cares about is unwavering no matter the cost or end game. Come hell or high water, Tori's friends can always count on her to be there for them with an open ear and whatever else they might need from her.

'Cause ƚʜɘʏ will run you down, ᵈᵒʷⁿ 'til the dark
                                                            Yes, and they will
                                                            гยภ you down, down 'til you ʄǟʟʟ
                                                            And they
                                                            ₩łⱠⱠrun you ᗪㄖ山几 down to your ℃Ỗ𝐑ᵉ
                                                            Yeah, 'til you can't
                                                            ςяΔ𝓌ㄥ no more

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Like you? You'll be pleased to know,
Technically I am, dear child
So nice to find kindred spirits, eh?
I'm sure you'll find plenty of those in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:40 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image
                                                  Take 𝔪𝔢 to the 𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖋𝖙𝖔𝖕
                                                  I wanna 𝓼𝓮𝓮 the 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 when I stop ɓuıɥʇɐǝɹq, turnin' blue
                                                  Tell me
                                                  🄻🄾🅅🄴 is endless, don't be so ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉⁿᵗⁱᵒᵘˢ
                                                  ɭєคשє me like ץ๏ย do

Kenna bounced up to the hat when her name was called and sat down on the stool. It was the moment she had been waiting forever for. Okay well not forever, but at least all day long, probably since she'd gotten her letter to Hogwarts. When the hat was placed on her head, she stared up at the brim of it with determination.'hello hat!' She thought grinning a little. She felt a little silly thinking to a hat, but she knew that the hat could read her thoughts and she thought it was best to always be polite to something that held her fate in its hands.

'My name is Kenna. My mum was in Ravenclaw and my sister was in Slytherin... but I'm sure you already know that. I sure hope you have a real good house for me. I gotta vibe with it you know?'

■ TRUSTING Mackenna has the ability to trust without question. She might come off as a little naive because of this, but she finds it's best to always look for the good in people. She has been protected from being hurt for most of her life, so has never seen a bad outcome from trusting easily yet.
                                                  ■ SOCIAL Mackenna loves to be around people and gets easily bored and lonely when left to her own devices. She's a huge chatterbox and loves to meet new people, and make new friends. When she was little her mother had trouble keeping her from wandering off with anyone who was a bit nice to her.
                                                  ■ SELFLESS Beyond anything, Mackenna will sacrifice a lot for the people she loves and cares about. Her happiness comes from the happiness of those around her, and she is willing to give up just about anything to make sure they are happy and safe. She would drop everything and go running if her friend called for help, and is always willing to give up her time and energy to help make something important happen for friends and family.
                                                  ■RASH Mackenna doesn't live by any sort of plan. She lives life on her whims and is perfectly okay with this too. In her mind planning things out to a tee only makes them boring. It is much more fun to fly by the seat of her pants and see what happens.
                                                  ■ CURIOUS Mackenna is very curious by nature. She loves puzzles and riddles, and any kind of strategy game. She has an aptitude for learning, and actually quite enjoys it too. She just prefers hands on learning, to reading a book or listening to a lecture.
                                                  ■ TACTLESS Mackenna is prone to speaking before thinking, and puts her foot in her mouth often. She just doesn't think about what could be seen as rude or unkind when it is something that is truthful. She's always thought the truth is better than any lie, even if the truth isn't always very nice. Unfortunately she also isn't very good at wording the truth in a good way.

If you ПΣΣD me, wanna §êê me
                                                  You
                                                  ҍҽէէҽɾ hurry, I'm ㄥ乇卂ᐯ丨几 soon
                                                  Call my
                                                  ̷f̷r̷i̷e̷n̷d̷s̷ ̷ and tell 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 that I 𝓁❀𝓋𝑒 them
                                                  And I'll
                                                  𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘 them

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
I did indeed already know that, dear girl
I do like your spirit
And, I think you'll find you 'vibe' quite well with

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:42 pm
The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
User Image
Gaspard Felix Dufour
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Unsorted First Year
Pureblood Eleven Years Old

Location : Great Hall ~ Sorting (2049)

Gaspard had prepared himself for the adventure ahead. Hogwarts was a new experience one he was looking forward too. Even with leaving home he was certain he could handle what school had to offer. After all it was only school. Sure, it was a magic school but that didn’t mean it would be any different then anything else he’d been through so far.

Taking the train all the way to Hogsmeade, Gaspard enjoyed the ride. The boat ride afterwards was pretty cool too. The whole castle in the distance may have had something to do with it. By the time he had gotten up close and personal with the castle that would be his home for seven years, Gaspard was stunned. There was going to be a lot of exploring in this place for sure.

Entering the great hall with the rest of the first years, Gaspard was excited and yet nervous for what was going to come down the pipe. Though the night sky was a nice distraction from some of the nervous jitters. Waiting for his name to be called, Gaspard took a deep breath. The D’s didn’t take to long to get there and before long he was walking up and taking a seat on the stool.

‘Put me where you’d like. I just don’t want end up like my father.’ Gaspard thought to himself. His father had been in Slytherin or so Gus could deduct from how controlling he was. If that were the case, he didn’t want to be there. Though part of Gus reminded himself that the house didn’t make the person. Or at least he hoped not.

Company : Other First Years...

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ CARING Despite my father I am quite kind. I care for people friend or otherwise. I can be very sympathetic to the feelings of others, and truly have no problem trying to help. Though I know I can’t fix everything in the world I can certainly make someone’s world a little brighter. You really can’t say I’d intentionally hurt someone’s feelings as I wouldn’t dare hurt another person on purpose. If I did, I’d certainly try to make things right.
                                                      ■ RESPECTFUL I try to be unlike my father in every way. That means being respectful of other people. I would never hurt another person, verbally or physically. Putting myself above others isn’t something I like doing. I’m not any better than anyone else. Even if I’m good at something I’m not going to boast about it. I’m actually quite humble but don’t expect me to be a pushover.
                                                      ■ BRIGHT My mind is quick like a whip with understanding the things I see. I’ve come to be very observant to things around me. Though I wouldn’t say I have a sharp eye for everything I do notice things, perhaps some things I’m not supposed too. This carries over to me learning things. If I see it, I’m bound to pick up on it. Usually quicker then if I was just told what to do.
                                                      ■ PROTECTIVE Growing to be quite concerned for how others are treated, I’ve become quite protective. I don’t like seeing people suffering. If I witnessed someone treating another person badly, I’m going to say something. I’ll stand up for them. Someone should. One might even call me chivalrous when it comes down to it. Seeing my mum being mistreated sort of made me feel the need to protect others from the same thing.
                                                      ■ BOLD It takes a bold person to stand up for others especially those you don’t know. I’m not afraid to take the risk in helping someone. I’m fair from being heroic but I try to be as brave as I can be. I show confidence when it comes down to doing things. I certainly have the courage to figure things out and stand out with potential for being wrong. I’m not stupid but I’m not going to do nothing when I can do something.
                                                      ■ LEVEL-HEADED Even in the most insane circumstances I can be rather calm. Nothing really sends me over the edge, not even my parents’ deaths. Nothing came from panicking or getting over dramatic. When it comes to situations, I’m also sensible. I know what can and cannot be done. Perhaps it’s just being realistic. Wanting to help doesn’t mean doing the impossible. Though, I’ll try my best to figure out a way to help.

Like your father? That's up to you, lad
But, I'd say you're well on your way
And you'll find that path readily enough in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:46 pm
The Sorting Hat

Yukina101
Sometimes it's raisin' your voice
Sometimes it's makin' some noise
Sometimes it's provin' to the world it was wrong
Whenever you can't see the light
Whenever there's no end in sight
Keep on, keep on moving on

Uɴѕorтed Fιrѕт Yeαr 💯 Socιαl Medια Bυrɴoυт 🔥 Aɢe 11😎

*★,°*:.☆( ̄▽ ̄)/$:*.°★* 。The trip across the lake was allot more memorable for Viv that it maybe should have been. Seeing the castle for the first time had definitely been amazing but it was sorta put on the backburner as she retched on the side of the boat. She wasn't sure if it was all the sweets from earlier or actual sea sickness. The last time she was supposed to be on one she'd gotten in trouble and hadn't been allowed to attend. When she'd gotten her stomach together and stopped traumatizing her friends, they arrived at the shore and were then lead up to the castle. Finally, finally though, Viv was lead along with the rest and paraded in front of hundreds of other students to be virtually judged by a hat older than God. She took the short time leading up to her last name to prepare herself but she was still startled when her name was called and walked up towards the stool. Briefly she considered mentally yelling "LIVE FROM NEW YORK IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE" but she also considered it'd be rude, plus she really shouldn't try to get on the bad side of a hat that was about to sort her. [color#CBA135]"Well[/color[

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ PERCEPTIVE Vivi makes sure to notice everything happening around her so she won't be caught off guard. One of the things she hates the most is being taken by surprise when she could've known about it sooner.
                                                      ◊ ADAPTABLE Due to jumping around to different countries most of her childhood, she's very good at adapting to whatever situation is thrown her way. Whether it be climate or language barriers, she'll try her best to make her way through.
                                                      ◊ CAUTIOUS Along with noticing things, she's careful to avoid bad or unfavorable situations. Due to her adopted mother's offensive targeting, Vivi's used to being attentive and watchful for slight changes in someone's moods afraid of whatever outcomes to come her way.
                                                      ◊ INSECURE Even though she no longer lives with them, the Delaney's unkind upbringing has her nearly constantly pointing out her shortcomings. She finds herself almost automatically correcting herself from her posture to even awkward stuttering and can be very hard on herself for the slightest of flaws.
                                                      ◊ PRACTICAL Vivi understands that things can happen outside of her control and that certain things has limits. She doesn't always like that, but she knows and understands these limitations while also knowing that there are certain ways to either get around them or move these limits further along.
                                                      ◊ DECISIVE She stands firm in whatever beliefs she has and is usually very unwavering unless shown greater evidence than she could possibly disprove. Whatever decision she's made, she will stand behind it and can be hard-pressed to move from it.

Quote:

Quote:

Keep on moving on
Here comes a breakthrough, here comes a day
Here comes a moment that you gotta go for it so don't let it get away
It's all about breakthrough, just turn the page
'Cause everyday I'm getting closer, life is just a roller-coaster

It wouldn't have been the rudest thing done by far
I suppose the moment's passed, though?
Ah, well. Let's see, clever, vigilant, down-to-earth
Lacking somewhat in confidence, though
They'll set that to rights in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:59 pm
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image

I'm a big boy, or so thay say...
                                          Box of balloons, With the feather-light touch
                                          Pack of party-poppers, That pop in the night
                                          A toothbrush and hairspray, Plastic grin

Andy loved the train ride! Well other than getting a bit motion sick from watching trees go by too fast. He mainly bounced between compartments staying till he got kicked out. One let him change into his robes. Hopping off the train found himself in a sea of butts mostly older students he loomed for kids closer to his height and followed the tall teacher down to the river with some boats. He dipped his hand in the water as they went across the lake, hoping to see a merperson. Upon arrival he took a moment to get out of the boat before following the nice lady up to the great hall.

Upon entering Andy was so awestruck! Floating candles! Sky ceiling! And? An old hat….a old MAGIC HAT! It talks! Oh boy he would get to wear a magic hat! When his name was called he practically skipped to the stool and climbed up. I wondered if he could somehow keep the hat? Surely adventures with Mr Hat would be the best!

HAPPY Angus is near always smiling or laughing. He's constantly in a perky mood. Not a lot can break this
                                                              MISCHIEVOUS Angus likes a good prank. Jokes are best shared with others willing or otherwise
                                                              SHAMELESS Angus is never embarrassed. Even if he's the victim of a prank he laughs it off and joins the fun.
                                                              BOISTEROUS Angus has one setting! Full power. He laughs loud, talks loud, and will nearly tackle hug strangers
                                                              SLY Angus knows how to minimize how much trouble he gets in. Be it careful words or straight up lying Angus has a way of keeping his wits about him
                                                              FRIENDLY to Angus everyone is a friend till they prove otherwise. He will buddy buddy with total strangers.

Welcome to the House of Fun
                                                              Now I've come of age
                                                              Welcome to the House of Fun
                                                              Welcome to the lion's den
                                                              Temptation's on his way

null

I'd advise against trying to keep me, my boy
Hilarious as that would be
Now, quick mind, a penchant for trouble
And the cunning to get away with it?

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 pm
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dining Room?
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Lots of people
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting Hat Time
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope things pick up

Lochi followed after everyone, feeling a bit lonely. So far, he hadn't talked to much of anyone, including on the train. Maybe it was just because he wasn't from the magical community? It just made him a little sad to see all the other people in their friend groups. Hopefully it wasn't too late to join... He stood on his tiptoes to try and see over the crowd while there was a nice little introduction, followed by an explanation of the evening. Their names began getting called, and it sounded like they were going alphabetically. Sure enough, his name was called rather quickly. He carefully hurried toward the front, sitting on the little stool. The hat lowered carefully upon his head, causing the boy to gasp in shock. 'I feel silly, but I hope this works. Please, tell me where you think I belong. It'll be nice.'

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxCʟᴇᴠᴇʀ:
                                                  Lochi is really intelligent, though it usually manifests in quick ideas, helpful comments, and logical thoughts. Occasionally he's a bit ditzy, but he's really quite bright.

xxxxxIᴍᴀɢɪɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                  Lochi is full of wild ideas, from art to music to life itself. He thinks of things great and wide, often sharing his thoughts in crazy stories he creates on the fly.

xxxxxDᴇᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴇᴅ:
                                                  Lochi is incredibly hard working, always trying to be his very best. He loves to study and learn so he can improve himself. He loves the challenges of life and enjoys coming up with solutions, if not always the right one.

xxxxxGᴜʟʟɪʙʟᴇ:
                                                  Despite his smarts, Lochi isn't difficult to mislead. He trusts people completely, so the thought of manipulation and lying don't cross his mind. He fully believes people, no matter how silly their words sound.

xxxxxIᴅᴇᴀʟɪsᴛɪᴄ:
                                                  Lochi has a daydream world in his head, and is often disappointed by reality. He tries to make things better, but sometimes it doesn't work out as planned.

xxxxxDᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ:
                                                  Lochi has a gentle hand and a soft spot for beautiful things, be it jewels or places or chocolate. He prefers staying indoors and helping out rather than running amok outside.

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

We all feel silly from time to time
Trust me, I'm a talking hat!
Now then, quite an impressive mind you've got there!
You'll do quite well in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:29 pm
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Calliope was quite excited to see where the night led. She had friends in Austen and Tori, and she felt pretty confident for the rest of the year. They took the boats, then a nice, starlit walk into the castle. Honestly, Callie felt like she could stay outside all evening and not be upset. Alas, she had to go inside with the rest, otherwise, she'd miss the sorting! Long hair swishing around her, the blonde moved in a floating dancy sort of walk. She always seemed to be floating, ever so slightly, but it was okay. She figured it was good for walking silently, if nothing else. Staying quiet was a skill she'd had to master while living with a vampire. It made it rather difficult to have any privacy otherwise.

Once in the massive hall... or maybe it was more of a ballroom... Callie looked up, her eyes catching the perfect reflection of the stars outside. It was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen, she was just sure of it. Her mind vaguely heard the teacher's introduction, but she had no ability to focus. What seemed like only seconds later, her brain registered her name being called. Looking over at the professor, Callie grinned sheepishly, hurrying up to the front. Taking her seat, the girl squeaked softly when her vision was changed. She felt her large glasses slide down her nose, though luckily not off. Was this it, then? "I wonder how this might work? Though, if it's anything near as magical as the sky above, I'm sure it'll be darling.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxDʀᴇᴀᴍʏ:
                                                                  Calliope always has her thoughts tangled in some sort of dreamland. She has issues focusing on reality simply because her mind is always elsewhere. She often mentions tidbits from her daydreams as though they were part of reality, thus making her seem strange.

xxxxxSᴏꜰᴛ Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ:
                                                                  Calliope rarely speaks up for any reason, both because she's got a quiet voice and because she's pretty shy. She speaks in what seems like riddles when she does, usually taking odd routes to get to the point she's trying to make.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Calliope loves to learn, though she prefers learning on her own, rather than in a question-and-answer scenario. She can often be seen trying to figure things out on her own terms, usually while humming.

xxxxxCᴏᴢʏ:
                                                                  Calliope loves to be warm and snuggly. She can often be found in small hiding places that she either discovered or created. Usually when no such spaces are available, she's tucked in a too-big sweater or has a blanket wrapped all the way around herself.

xxxxxDᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ:
                                                                  Calliope is incredibly fragile, both physically - due to her thin, almost unhealthy physique - and mentally, since she spent her childhood in such odd circumstance. Harsh words or sarcasm have the power to hurt her far worse than they'd hurt anyone else, and teasing is a good way to get her to hide away.

xxxxxGᴇɴᴛʟᴇ:
                                                                  Thanks to being so terribly delicate, Calliope is also incredibly careful with the world around her. She keeps everything perfectly organized and often uses sweet, quiet words so as not to offend anyone. She is also careful with anything from nature, from trees to sticks so as not to upset the delicate balance of nature.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Hogwarts Itself
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting Ceremony
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wish I could just lie under the stars
                                                                  —————————————————————————

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

You know, so few people ask how it works
They either already know, or assume it's a trick
But... ah! I know just what to do with you

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:33 pm
The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Unsorted - First Year - Eleven Years Old - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                ╚══════════════════════════╝

Jessica had been mostly quiet on the trip up to the castle, keeping to herself. Penelope ditched her early on, and just like how the majority of her life had gone, nobody else noticed her. However, since she was used to feeling rather invisible, it didn't bother her too much. At this point, she just hoped she wouldn't end up in Gryffindor with her cousin. Not that she would. Gryffindor was for the brave; the courageous. Jessica wouldn't fit in.

As her name was called, the first year held her head high as she walked up onto the podium, noticing all eyes on her. Of course they notice you now, you're getting sorted like all of the other first years, she told herself. Nobody is going to remember who you are once it's over. As the hat was placed on her head, she wondered where she'd be placed. With her limited knowledge about the houses, she thought Ravenclaw might be her best bet. But whatever it was, it was better than Gryffindor.

SAGE Jessica is pretty wise for her age even if she does not necessarily show it. The reason why she may seem to be wiser than a lot of kids her age is due to the fact that she tends to think before acting at all times.
                                                HIGH-MINDED Jessica has strong moral principles, and although she is always learning, she knows what type of person she is and who she wants to be, and does not tend to stray.
                                                INVISIBLE Growing up in an orphanage, she always felt like the other kids got more attention than her from potential adoptive parents. Maybe she wasn't as cute as the other girls, or as attention seeking as the boys, but whatever the reason, she always felt like nobody really even knew she was there. She felt that even after being adopted as a lot of babies had been born into the family, and they always got all of the attention.
                                                DECEPTIVE She does not mean to do it, but she misleads others. She comes off as a lot more reserved and quiet (and dumber) than she truly is only because she has a difficult time competing with others. After all, what is the point of trying to prove she's better than others if she'd lose regardless?
                                                COLD Since she had been at the orphanage from a young age, she grew up playing alone a lot of the time. New kids would come and others would go constantly, and after a while of losing her friends, she decided she'd stop letting people into her life so easily.
                                                SUPERFICIAL Since Jess had stopped making deeper connections with people, she only began to care about how others looked and how she looked as opposed to what was on the inside. Consequently, since she felt like other looked better than her, had nicer personalities or just stood out a lot more, she started to feel a little emptier on the inside.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

For such a clever girl, you're rather down on yourself, eh?
But you mask it quite well... hm...
Let's see if we can't create some truth in that confident act
Better be

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 pm
The Sorting Hat

Julian Galaksylph
User Image
                                                  Salvador_"Sallie"_Houdinispaces
                                                  ( MugglebornFirst YearUnsorted ) xx

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫
                                                  𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐰
                                                  𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
                                                  𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After a boat ride, Sallie was a little bit tired that he called it quits on socializing right now. Then again he was preoccupied taking the scenery of the castle, a very Arthurian medieval castle in his opinion. He's no expert, but he thinks someone must have died there in that seemingly grim castle exterior. On the other hand, the interior shattered that whole initial imagine. The ceiling was really breathtaking, with the night sky reflecting it. Sallie felt that this looked like it came out of the very cool RPG game, and for once he was quiet because he just wants to take it all in. Obviously, that means that he might have bumped into some first years, but that's okay. They'll probably forget about it.

The Sorting has started and Sallie was just curiously looking at the Sorting Hat but by the time the surnames for the letter 'H' were gonna get announced... Sallie went pale at the realization. Oh god, he's gonna-

"Houdini, Salvador."

"Mm yeah I thought so," Sallie muttered, turning red in embarrassment that he deadass thought that someone here is gonna ask questions about his surname. Oh god. Rian is gonna learn that his real name is Salvador, dear lord. It's times like these where he wished his surname is Copperfield, that would have been easier. He took a seat in the stool and got chills when the old lady put a hat on his head. 'What's in it for me in this House Sorting?' He wondered, 'Aside from the bed to sleep on, of course. Aunt Mary kept saying about how her house sorting gave her the best experience ever, tried to ask her this same question but she never answers it. Might as well ask a haunted hat.'

▶ SOCIABLE — He's a chatterbox, he would point at one thing at the train window and he'll talk about it for thirty minutes at least. Sallie doesn't seem to want to shut up unless he's in class, much to the entertainment or chagrin to his peers. On a funny note, he just really wants to basically say that he wants to say and he's perfectly fine with someone just quietly listening, but he would be happier with someone who has something to say as well. On a serious note, when provoked he won't hesitate to find a way to rip the provoker apart. At least.... that's the goal

▶ DRAMATIC — Sallie will be as dramatic as he please, and if anyone tells him other he'll just get more dramatic. He's dramatic in the sense that the way he reacts to things can be compared to stuff done in theaters like "Oh, Desdemona! You wound me!" and everyone can see that he intended to do that. Did he do that because he wasn't given attention at home? No, he's really just like that. Sallie just happens to not feel the need to wrap himself in silence added with the fact that he's talkative, and just acts how he wants to acts. No big deal.

▶ EASILY SPOOKED — For someone who is a big fan of spooky stories, much to the chagrin of his teachers, he is.... easily spooked when being caught off guard. He really just doesn't like being sneaked up from behind or just not shocked in general. He doesn't like dark places or the eerie sounds that would make him bump. This is mainly because everytime he gets spooked, it was a guarantee that he'll be made fun of, much to his chagrin. Yes, he likes reading spooky stories, but he doesn't like actually experience it.

▶ CURIOUS — Sallie is curious in a "Ohhh what happens next?" way, as he really doesn't care about being an honor roll student or any of that. All he cares about is how intigruing the situation he's present in was, especially as a muggleborn who has not seen the Wizarding World until he got the Letter. He finds more interest in dramatic real-life horror stories in written form, and much more so to ghost stories by his fellow classmates. School-wise, he doesn't care about the technicalities, it's simply whether it's entertaining or not.

▶ HUMOROUS — It's easy to make Sallie laugh, in fact he's always looking for an excuse for a funny scene worth wheezing for. Sometimes it was in the form of making fun of someone he doesn't like (and doesn't seem scared doing so. Hm.). Sometimes it's just reading a history and making fun of the already dead historical figures. He pretty much likes to try putting a bright perspective in stories that people would find odd to put, and really, Sallie just finds it fun to paint the picture.

▶ BLUNT — Sallie is honest... for his own good. Growing up he really didn't face the consequence of being honest to his dad, so as a result it ended up carrying it to the present. Sure, he does face consequences in school when tearing bullies apart with how he says things, but after that it's kind of clear that the "lesson" flew out from his ear. This includes snarking people, and sometimes he would go as far in bickering that only God knows how will that take him to Hogwarts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨
                                                  𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
                                                  𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮
                                                  𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨
                                                  𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                  ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                  wнeɴ - September 2049xx
                                                  wнere - Great Hallxxxx
                                                  wιтн -
                                                  xxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Haunted? Hm, that's a new one
Bit sarcastic, are we?
Generally, 'community' is what's in it for you
And I think you'll find your community in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:24 am

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

first year || Unsorted || halfblood

Thus far, Aire had stuck to herself. She had wandered around the train, wondering if she could climb outside on top of the train, or at least find both ends of the train. Unfortunately, an older student told her not to. She didn’t want trouble before she was even at school and instead spent half her emergency money and the rest of the ride buying snacks from the Trolley of Many Wonderful Delights.

They took a small boat across the Lake, and for a few quiet minutes Aire missed the Solus and the open sea wind. But then she had gazed at Hogwarts with amazement and excitement. So many towers to climb! So many passageways to explore! And there was a poltergeist she apparently had to befriend. The Great Hall's ceilings looked like the night sky and there were floating candles—Aire felt a strange sense of giddiness, like she was swimming into a memory she didn't know she had.

She took a candle she had grabbed from her trunk while changing earlier and offered it to the short kid next to her. She’d seen him a few times exploring the train and he seemed...well, not immediately threatening? ”Look, I got one of the candles,” she joked. It wasn’t a very good replica, as the candle shape wasn’t quite right, but it was worth a joke. She’d actually get one of the real candles one day.

“Aindrias-Evera, Duanaire.”

It was her turn too quickly. Aire froze for a moment before remembering the Professor’s instructions and scampered quickly but quietly to the front. Her mother had been a Gryffindor. Her father was a Ravenclaw. Her stepmother was a Slytherin. She liked to think her other stepmother would have been a Hufflepuff. And wherever she was sorted...Well, that’ll just be the first place I explore.

setting Sorting Ceremony 2049 || with too many people
appearance 4'1", 70 lbs || wearing uniform
status How to get one of those floating candles?

MEEK Despite her sneaking and pranking, Aire is socially a pretty quiet and gentle person who does what she’s told and doesn’t argue or get in people’s way. At home with the Solus crew or with her dad and stepmother she is more energetic and talkative, but the moment anyone raises their voice, she shuts down into quiet and submissive. Outside of the crew, most of her interactions with people have been one-time encounters or separated by months at a time. On shore, she tries to be concise, efficient and almost unmemorable with anyone she encounters.

METICULOUS Aire has a keen eye for details of all sorts, from colors and markings to placements to contexts and numbers. She mirrors that attention to detail in her own work and is very precise about her work, from tying a knot to setting up an elaborate prank. She gets very nervous about things not being perfect leading up to The Big Moment but relaxes immediately once something is declared done.

DAREDEVIL Aire lives for thrills. Most of the time these thrills involve climbing somewhere, sneaking where she isn't supposed to be or pulling off little “perfect crimes” that don’t hurt anyone but amuse her greatly (for example, swapping a cup with an identical cup and not having them notice would be a “perfect crime”). Her fearlessness is usually kept quiet and understated though, as she does not have the same confidence dealing with people. She can be very squeamish or fearful, but for the most part it doesn’t stop Aire from being adventurous or trying random acrobatic/ parkour stunts.

SNEAKY Light on her feet and quick with her fingers, Aire enjoys sneaking around and getting in and out of places she might not “supposed” to be. Rules are more like security measures, and she sees no qualms with getting in as long as she doesn’t do anything to sabotage or hurt people. Generally, her motto is “It’s not evil if no one gets hurt” although sometimes that turns into “It’s not breaking the rules if you don’t get caught”. When directly and specifically told not to go somewhere, she usually struggles between her curiosity and obedience, and will come to a different conclusion every time.

FICKLE Aire is easily distracted, and her mood changes with the wind. She jumps from one thing to another to another to another, forgetting what she was originally meant to do and getting nothing really done if not regularly reminded and redirected. Her interests are pretty stable—it’s just in the moment she just has a hard time managing her time.

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Take a look around
And see the world we think we know
Then look closer
There's more to life than meets the eye
A beauty to behold
It's all much bigger than we know
It's only just beginning to unfold
So let it all unfold
☁✶
"Wonderful Life" from Smallfoot.

addaellis

Sairanie

Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:49 pm
Keagan Moran

The whole magical world was still so new to Keagan, and she looked up and down the Great Hall with wonder; t somehow managed to be just as impressive inside as the castle had been towering over her as they approached. Every step of the journey so far had been brand-new to her, with the boat ride across the lake being the only thing remotely familiar, and a calming before the storm of emotion going on inside her as she prepared to be sorted.

She heard her name called and her heart started racing. She felt her face flush and her birthmark burn hot as she stepped forward and many eyes turned to her. Rian had been sorted into Ravenclaw, and Sallie into Gryffindor. She wondered if she would end up in a house with at least one familiar face, or if this too would be completely new.

She took a deep breath, and stepped forward to have the hat placed on her head.

First Year; Unsorted

Personality:
Caring | Keagan has a genuine heart for others, wants what is best for her friends and loved ones, and has a desire to help others in need. As a result, she's also incredibly gullible, which her childhood friends love taking advantage of.
Independent | Although she cares deeply for others, she has a strong sense of her own independence, which can border on being defiant or stubborn for the sake of her own sense of freedom, or what she believes is right.
Quick Learner | Keagan is very smart, which makes her quick to learn and understand new things. She strives to help others who are struggling to understand as well, but often comes across as a know-it-all as a result.
Spontaneous | Anything can be turned into an adventure with the right perspective, and Keagan excels in doing just that. She tries not to get herself in trouble, but sometimes finds herself there anyway in her adventure-seeking.
Hot-tempered | Little things easily frustrate Keagan and so, try as she might, she has a tendency to boil over sometimes. As she's gotten older she has learned to better manage it, but it still lashes out on occasion when something really bothers her (usually something to do with someone triggering her sense of caring or independence)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:38 pm
lately i been i been losin' sleepxxdreamin' about the things that we could be

we'll вe coυnтιng ѕтarѕ, yeaн we'll вe coυnтιng ѕтarѕ

Halice couldn't believe that she was finally here. She was in the Great Hall. She was about to be sorted. Where she was going to be sorted was a whole other matter. She had tried to not think too much about it in the days leading up to her arrival at Hogwarts, but now that she was here, waiting for her turn with the Sorting Hat, she couldn't help but think about it.

About the only thing Halice felt certain about when it came to sorting was that she was fairly certain she wasn't going to be sorted into Ravenclaw. It wasn't that Halice didn't think she was smart, it was just that she knew she wasn't the smartest. She was average, and that was okay.

When her name was called, Halice walked up to the front. She felt as though the entire student body could see her shaking from a mix of excitement and nerves. Of course, anyone watching wouldn't be able to tell that she was shaking. Well, maybe they could, but only if they were paying super close attention.

Halice took a deep breath as the hat was placed on her head. "Here goes nothing."

Halice Radcliffe
              Halice is what some people might call a shy extrovert. She wants to be around people, but just isn't quite sure how to interact with them. It takes a lot for her to go up to someone and say hi, but surprisingly little for her to make a friend. Once Halice decides to open up to someone, they'll find that she's sarcastic with a good sense of humor. She's also someone who would do anything for a friend. Some might say she cares too much.

Of course, Halice does have her boundaries. Once they're crossed, she won't be mean. She'll just be cold. Sometimes, people say she's too sarcastic. They can't tell when she's being sincere or not. It's hard for her to be the one to apologize when she's wrong, and being sarcastic certainly doesn't help matters any. If things go too far, Halice could easily lose friends, simply because she doesn't know how to fix things when they go wrong.

As a student, Halice is someone who would rather not be noticed. It's not that she isn't smart. She's not the smartest one in the class, but she does try, and more than likely, if called on, she'll have the right answer. However, there are times where she won't have the right answer. She's not perfect. She can't always focus. Sometimes she daydreams in class. It's for this reason that being called on in class makes her nervous.

location: the great hall│with: the entire school/the sorting hat│ooc:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:14 pm
User Image
                                                "Hey y'all,
                                                Watch this!"
                                                Daddy's belt
                                                Mama's drapes
                                                Standing tall on the backyard shed
                                                Lookin' cool in my Superman cape

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Unsorted || Fırst Yeαr || Hαlfblood

════════════════════════

So maybe Bobby Ray should have rethought that jump into the lake. But, honestly, he was wanting to check out what was all in it. He'd heard from his cousin there was a lot of stuff down there, and well, he might have also thought he could outswim the boats. Okay, so maybe that hadn't been his brightest idea, but he had tried! After a quick drying spell from the guy leading the boats, they'd all been ushered to the Great Hall. That caused Bobby Ray to light up with excitement. Here he was, ready to be sorted. This was so awesome! He got to the stool and took a seat, knowing what was coming next because 'Kira told him. This was going to be a great school year, he could feel it!

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ RECKLESS Bobby Ray is pretty reckless. He'll take anyone up on a dare, and even will do things just to prove he can. He's not exactly concerned for his own personal safety, much to the chagrin of his family.
                                                    ◊ SOCIABLE Bobby Ray likes to be around people. He enjoys talking and making friends with anyone, and often can be found in a group. He's always willing to talk to anyone.
                                                    ◊ SMART Bobby Ray is actually quite smart despite his rather reckless behavior. He can pick things up easily, he just doesn't always apply himself. This prevents him from being at the top of his class, even though he could be one if he attempted it.
                                                    ◊ BRAVE Bobby Ray isn't exactly fearless. However, he isn't afraid to take risks. He knows that being afraid is normal, and doesn't let that stop him if he encounters it. He's willing to do the hard things so that no one else has to.
                                                    ◊ BOASTFUL Bobby Ray is quite boastful. He's always confident he can do whatever he wants to, though whether or not he can actually do what he says is another thing. He however doesn't know when to stop.
                                                    ◊ HONEST Bobby Ray is quite honest. Though he can get carried away with his claims about his abilities, he refuses to lie about important things. He doesn't see the need to, and his mom and dad taught him better than that.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder what all I can do here?
                                            OOC:

-◎-

I told the neighborhood girls
                                            said "Hey y'all, watch this!"
                                            My fate was a broken arm
                                            My reward, one big kiss
                                            When Daddy asked me why I did it
                                            I made him laugh out loud
                                            When I told him 'cause the chicks dig it

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:00 pm
User Image
                                                  Oh, take your time, don't live too fast.
                                                  Troubles will come and they will pass.
                                                  You'll find a woman and you'll find love.
                                                  And don't forget that there is a someone up above.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Ian was quite nervous. He'd heard about the sorting from his cousins, and he was pretty sure that while he had nothing to worry about, he just didn't know what house he was likely going to be in. It probably didn't help that he was pretty sure that he wasn't really good enough for any house either. In any case, he tried not to fidget too much as his name was called and he went up to the stool, sitting down and waiting for the hat to descend. Maybe he was worrying for nothing, he reasoned. After all, wasn't this the hat's job?

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ CALM Ian for the most part is calm. He's learneed how to deal with his emotons, though he still will have occasional outbursts. He's also the type that tries to think rationally, which helps him to handle his emotions better. However, this doesn't always work.
                                                      ◊ FRIENDLY Ian is a rather friendly individual. He likes making friends, and likes to help out whenever possible. He's also the type that will approach people that look lonely and strike up conversations.
                                                      ◊ LOYAL Ian is a rather loyal person. Once he befriends someone, he will stand by that person through thick and thin. He also is particularly loyal to family, and believes that they should stick together through trouble.
                                                      ◊ CURIOUS Ian is particularly curious. He's always wanting to learn new things and discover new ideas. He's also always asking questions, and doesn't particularly like it when he discovers a question that can't be answered.
                                                      ◊ INSECURE Despite his calm, Ian is rather insecure. He finds that sometimes he doesn't think he can actually measure up to expectations, and at times finds himself lacking confidence in himself. He hides it well, but can't help but feel incompetent at times.
                                                      ◊ STUDIOUS Ian loves to study. He finds enjoyment in learning, and actively works to gain information. He's also particularly thorough in his work, making sure that he's completely covered an area before moving onto something else.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Okay, so where am I supposed to go?
                                              OOC:

-◎-

Forget your lust from the rich man's gold.
                                              All that you need now is in your soul.
                                              And you can do this (oh, baby) if you try.
                                              All that I want from you, my son, is to be satisfied.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:53 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

first year || Unsorted || halfblood

Thus far, Aire had stuck to herself. She had wandered around the train, wondering if she could climb outside on top of the train, or at least find both ends of the train. Unfortunately, an older student told her not to. She didn’t want trouble before she was even at school and instead spent half her emergency money and the rest of the ride buying snacks from the Trolley of Many Wonderful Delights.

They took a small boat across the Lake, and for a few quiet minutes Aire missed the Solus and the open sea wind. But then she had gazed at Hogwarts with amazement and excitement. So many towers to climb! So many passageways to explore! And there was a poltergeist she apparently had to befriend. The Great Hall's ceilings looked like the night sky and there were floating candles—Aire felt a strange sense of giddiness, like she was swimming into a memory she didn't know she had.

She took a candle she had grabbed from her trunk while changing earlier and offered it to the short kid next to her. She’d seen him a few times exploring the train and he seemed...well, not immediately threatening? ”Look, I got one of the candles,” she joked. It wasn’t a very good replica, as the candle shape wasn’t quite right, but it was worth a joke. She’d actually get one of the real candles one day.

“Aindrias-Evera, Duanaire.”

It was her turn too quickly. Aire froze for a moment before remembering the Professor’s instructions and scampered quickly but quietly to the front. Her mother had been a Gryffindor. Her father was a Ravenclaw. Her stepmother was a Slytherin. She liked to think her other stepmother would have been a Hufflepuff. And wherever she was sorted...Well, that’ll just be the first place I explore.

setting Sorting Ceremony 2049 || with too many people
appearance 4'1", 70 lbs || wearing uniform
status How to get one of those floating candles?

MEEK Despite her sneaking and pranking, Aire is socially a pretty quiet and gentle person who does what she’s told and doesn’t argue or get in people’s way. At home with the Solus crew or with her dad and stepmother she is more energetic and talkative, but the moment anyone raises their voice, she shuts down into quiet and submissive. Outside of the crew, most of her interactions with people have been one-time encounters or separated by months at a time. On shore, she tries to be concise, efficient and almost unmemorable with anyone she encounters.

METICULOUS Aire has a keen eye for details of all sorts, from colors and markings to placements to contexts and numbers. She mirrors that attention to detail in her own work and is very precise about her work, from tying a knot to setting up an elaborate prank. She gets very nervous about things not being perfect leading up to The Big Moment but relaxes immediately once something is declared done.

DAREDEVIL Aire lives for thrills. Most of the time these thrills involve climbing somewhere, sneaking where she isn't supposed to be or pulling off little “perfect crimes” that don’t hurt anyone but amuse her greatly (for example, swapping a cup with an identical cup and not having them notice would be a “perfect crime”). Her fearlessness is usually kept quiet and understated though, as she does not have the same confidence dealing with people. She can be very squeamish or fearful, but for the most part it doesn’t stop Aire from being adventurous or trying random acrobatic/ parkour stunts.

SNEAKY Light on her feet and quick with her fingers, Aire enjoys sneaking around and getting in and out of places she might not “supposed” to be. Rules are more like security measures, and she sees no qualms with getting in as long as she doesn’t do anything to sabotage or hurt people. Generally, her motto is “It’s not evil if no one gets hurt” although sometimes that turns into “It’s not breaking the rules if you don’t get caught”. When directly and specifically told not to go somewhere, she usually struggles between her curiosity and obedience, and will come to a different conclusion every time.

FICKLE Aire is easily distracted, and her mood changes with the wind. She jumps from one thing to another to another to another, forgetting what she was originally meant to do and getting nothing really done if not regularly reminded and redirected. Her interests are pretty stable—it’s just in the moment she just has a hard time managing her time.

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Take a look around
And see the world we think we know
Then look closer
There's more to life than meets the eye
A beauty to behold
It's all much bigger than we know
It's only just beginning to unfold
So let it all unfold
☁✶
"Wonderful Life" from Smallfoot.

Well, you certainly know what you're about!
I think the best place for you is

Gryffindor!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games